Legends of Cybernations

Joseph Black

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1322834161' post='2859341']
The length of time he was in GATO's government fully corroborates my statement. He definitely sucked the "&#$@ of whoever was in power" and he most certainly was "!@#$%-ing out of wars" then. That he happened to have been in IAA while they were under Polar's thumb just serves as an aberration to the rule.
[/quote]

Again I didn't say I was a legend. Just pointing out Sardonic wasn't. You always have failed to show how me pissing off all of MK and most of PB was "sucking the &#$@ of those in power". I was in power at GATO (even going by the longest definition) for literally six months. I've been out of GATO for over one year. You do realize one year is longer than 6 months right?

Do you really have anything to prove Sardonic is a legend or are you just trying to throw baseless attacks at me that I've already proven false, because I struck a nerve?

Edit: btw U MAD!

Edited by Omniscient1

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1322888114' post='2859880']
Well, while I don't like pushing buttons with people I actually like, I will say this, it wasn't just you who brought GOONS back to CN, and if I recall correctly salithus spearheaded the move back to CN for the GOONS, you were the Co-Pilot on the re-entry from "The Moon". As for making it successful, you there cannot again take credit because it takes more than one person to run an alliance effectively. GOONS is successful today because of the handwork and dedication that your community has towards the GOONS. It is on the backs of the grunts within GOONS and the lower GOONS government that has made it into what it is today. Sure you stand there as the figurehead, sure you wield absolute power in the GOONS, but if it was only you controlling every aspect of GOONS, it wouldn't of lasted as long as it has. So please do not take credit for the amazing work that the other members of GOONS have done for the alliance you stand on top of right now.
[/quote]
I would certainly not for an instant take credit for the structural efforts of many in the alliance to keep the alliance strong. But I don't think you'll find a single informed government member who would say that we would have been anywhere near as successful politically without my efforts. Also please do not even speak the name of the betrayer, while he might have provided the spark, he did not have the attitude nor the wisdom to lead an alliance nor conduct diplomacy in a respectable manner. I did the lion's share of the work negotiating our return.

Anyway this is not the place for such things.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1322890721' post='2859992']
I would certainly not for an instant take credit for the structural efforts of many in the alliance to keep the alliance strong. But I don't think you'll find a single informed government member who would say that we would have been anywhere near as successful politically without my efforts. Also please do not even speak the name of the betrayer, while he might have provided the spark, he did not have the attitude nor the wisdom to lead an alliance nor conduct diplomacy in a respectable manner. I did the lion's share of the work negotiating our return.

Anyway this is not the place for such things.
[/quote]

Indeed, and we finished this discussion of IRC so there is no reason for anyone to continue this. Case closed.

Hi everyone. I'm just popping in for a sec. Wanted to say that yes, Tulak is a legend. I don't really think people give him enough credit for shaping the world, because to be honest he has done more shaping than most. He does it differently though. The difference between Tul and Ivan is that while Ivan changed history by starting wars, Tul changed it by stopping them.

Ya'll have no idea how many stupid mistakes from other people Tulak either fixed or prevented behind the scenes. He has been CN's silent clean up crew for 5 years, and that makes him a legend.

Edited by Hyperion321

Moldavi
Bilrow
Electron Sponge
Vlad
Martens
Walford
Xiphosis
Kaos

I see many of you putting Dilber down. I really don't think he had as much of an impact as people tend to believe.

Edit: How in the hell did I miss Kaos?

Edited by Ameris

No love for Farung, or Walford.

Here's a little hint - Walford was the driving force behind pro / anti-raiding ideology-sparked events from the beginning of the game, through the internal conflicts that broke up the Initiative, and which ultimately resulted in VietFAN.

Think about how different history would be right now if NPO and FAN were still somehow on the same side - or at least not mortal enemies.

I would chalk up Walford as more influential than even Ivan, in many ways.

[quote name='Ameris' timestamp='1322894843' post='2860301']
Moldavi
Bilrow
Electron Sponge
Vlad
Martens
Walford
Xiphosis
Kaos

I see many of you putting Dilber down. I really don't think he had as much of an impact as people tend to believe.

Edit: How in the hell did I miss Kaos?
[/quote]

Yeah, WUT and Q really weren't that big. :awesome:

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1322897966' post='2860394']
Yeah, WUT and Q really weren't that big. :awesome:
[/quote]
I don't know about Q, but the World Unity Treaty was the brainchild of The Mighty Pump. :awesome:

Dunno what you're trying to pull, trying to take credit for his genius. :smug:

Nobody mentioned Mussolandia or Grenval. :'(

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322718895' post='2857826']
-_- Always second fiddle to Doitzel hahahahaha. Thanks for the mentions by page two.
[/quote]
It's the jawline. Once seen, never forgotten.

[quote name='CrackedMind' timestamp='1322413181' post='2853803']
Vladimir had quite a bit of influence on NPO; He popped out goddamn Essays monthly. :/
[/quote]
this is actually what just made me log in, and on the first page -- bam! opportunity!

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/DoitzelKaiserIII/adimir.gif[/IMG]

The Legends of Cybernations, as remembered by Warmongrel. The list is long, compiled from memory, and probably forgets a few people.

[spoiler]Stetson
Madam CaVi
Joe32320
Raithen
Whitegate
Adificio
Drall
Sniper620
President SO
Ligolski
Darkera97
Cavefox
Makaveli
Brunes
Thoughberry
Silverstar
Wfbone
Mista Wigga
Heheurfunny
Pansy
Kryievla
Queenhailee
Problamenteno
Balthier
KahlanRahl
JimRaynor
Ericus
Nascar8fanga
Stagger Lee
Calderone
EmperorBadger
Cello-chik
Skygreenchick
Aboooe
Blazerboy525
Cs1177
Sperry2442
Rudolph
Master Debater
Adel
The Wu
BEazy
JudgeX
MemoryProblems
Victius
Band20
Kellory
Blazix
Lord6Dread
TheDakotans
Salmia
Topgun
Bambi
Jache
Mastabadey
Thom98
Kn1nja
Mr. Teets
Chels
Dagger08
Decrepdsol
DeusSolInvictus
Excessium
Frydchikn
Hinagiku
Infidel Israeli
Murder
Sigyn
King John
Kae Lee
Ryiis
Pyroman
Cairna
Steelese
Midas
Cmerrigan
Eden
Blazix
Nolissar
Emanyuki
FlyingSquirrel
HeRo1
TheChosenOne
and many, many more...[/spoiler]

[quote name='Ameris' timestamp='1322894843' post='2860301']
[/quote]

I saw him in action over a long period. He was very probably the most all-around competent operative the NPO had throughout his time there, and he was certainly their best emperor. I think he's less remembered than Moo and Ivan because he was significantly less notorious than the two of them. This is for the very good reason that he was able to keep the NPO in good position while generating a minimum amount of dislike toward that alliance, an impressive accomplishment for such a active, realpolitik alliance, and one that Moo and Ivan were unable to achieve themselves.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1322991582' post='2862068']
I saw him in action over a long period. He was very probably the most all-around competent operative the NPO had throughout his time there, and he was certainly their best emperor. I think he's less remembered than Moo and Ivan because he was significantly less notorious than the two of them. This is for the very good reason that he was able to keep the NPO in good position while generating a minimum amount of dislike toward that alliance, an impressive accomplishment for such a active, realpolitik alliance, and one that Moo and Ivan were unable to achieve themselves.
[/quote]
Er...While you may be right in Moo's case, Ivan actively curried dislike towards the NPO's hyperpower state in the leadup to the GPW. Ivan, were that his style, is very much capable of keeping on good terms with friends and allies.

And there's nothing certain about Dilber being the best Pacifican Emperor. His reign, as was Ivan's, had it's successes built upon the labors of his support staff. The fact that only a few people got my Mighty Pump reference a few days ago serves to further illustrate my point.

What im getting at largely is this; Dilber did the Order just as well as IE as he did it while the actual Emperor. Ivan, however, gave the NPO and it's culture a solid foundation and personality. That's something that Dilber, for all his skills, simply has never been able to do.

Youre welcome to your opinion, though.

[quote name='Warmongrel' timestamp='1322973978' post='2861480']
The Legends of Cybernations, as remembered by Warmongrel. The list is long, compiled from memory, and probably forgets a few people.
[/quote]

Pansy is the only one from your list that comes close to the REAL Legends. And, no offense to that sheep loving warmonger, he's nowhere near any of the Hall of Famers.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Warmongrel' timestamp='1322973978' post='2861480']
The Legends of Cybernations, as remembered by Warmongrel. The list is long, compiled from memory, and probably forgets a few people.[/quote]
I've heard of eight of those.

Can anyone else claim as many as that?

[quote name='He Who Has No Name' timestamp='1322896089' post='2860355']
No love for Farung, or Walford.

Here's a little hint - Walford was the driving force behind pro / anti-raiding ideology-sparked events from the beginning of the game, through the internal conflicts that broke up the Initiative, and which ultimately resulted in VietFAN.

Think about how different history would be right now if NPO and FAN were still somehow on the same side - or at least not mortal enemies.

I would chalk up Walford as more influential than even Ivan, in many ways.
[/quote]
Your war on NPO's protectorate might have been a more direct result of vietFAN...

The deeply personal nature of this discussion will make it virtually impossible for anyone to agree on anyone other than Ivan Moldavi.

I remember when he came back to the game (first time I had ever heard of him, actually)—everyone collectively !@#$ themselves. And while I personally view Tulak (and many others whom I've interacted with over the years) as Legends in their own right, I don't imagine anyone having that great of an impact on this game.

The only real failure I can credit to him is the NSO but, to be fair, that has more to do with Ivan's successors (and personal bias, of course) than himself. It was a really fresh idea for an alliance when he founded it (and acted as a magnate for big personalities in the beginning). The Sith theme was gimmicky but aided the whole "fittest-to-rule" concept (and actually inspired it, iirc). I suppose similar arguments can be made for Polaris and Pacifica to lesser extents, respectively.

Most simply played in the sandbox while he actively shaped it.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented