Legends of Cybernations

Joseph Black

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322787376' post='2858683']
Ooo You got MK to resign treaties that were already there GREAT JOB!
VE already had treaties with FOK and Umbrella. Very impressive! What would they have done without you to plan those treaties in advance for them!
Congrats on forming an alliance that got a lot of hate. That's definitely legendary! Speaking of that, I'll add Arnea, Altheus, and whoever the hell founded Invicta to the list of legends.

The only thing you've done is sucked the &#$@ of whoever was in power, while !@#$%-ing out of wars. That's not legendary. You may be a powerful alliance leader for now, but you have not "shaped the world".
[/quote]

You really need to take a step back once in a while.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322787376' post='2858683']
Ooo You got MK to resign treaties that were already there GREAT JOB!
VE already had treaties with FOK and Umbrella. Very impressive! What would they have done without you to plan those treaties in advance for them!
Congrats on forming an alliance that got a lot of hate. That's definitely legendary! Speaking of that, I'll add Arnea, Altheus, and whoever the hell founded Invicta to the list of legends.

The only thing you've done is sucked the &#$@ of whoever was in power, while !@#$%-ing out of wars. That's not legendary. You may be a powerful alliance leader for now, but you have not "shaped the world".
[/quote]

Omni, you made something of a career of sucking the "&#$@ of whoever was in power, while !@#$%-ing out of wars."

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1322704081' post='2857430']the fact that Sparta was essentially THE binding link between SF and C&G during Bi-Polar
[/quote]

Most people aren't aware of it, but the relationship between Athens and Sparta was probably one of the most important of the past 3 years. More than anything else I think that is what laid the groundwork for the Supergrievances thing, and in no small part Karma itself. The actions of Athens and Sparta also played a significant role in the breakup of the Continuum. Of course we did a lot of things and made a lot of decisions that were never exactly public knowledge or even shared outside three or four people. And quite honestly, I have seen from personal experience that that is the nature of truly world-shaping decisions. A lot of the really important stuff isn't even necessarily shared with the whole alliance government, nor does it even necessarily go beyond a query between two leaders. The vast majority of players, even the many of the ones in government that think they have full information access, are not very well informed about a lot of the really big things that happen.

I think that overall, Karma was one of the most legendary and impressive actions in the game. TOP-CnG was pretty impressive too. However, I feel that these are very much overshadowed by the empire and culture that NPO built. As far as game changes, whoever said Syzygy had a good point, because he got changes made to the game that meant that mass member alliances diminished greatly in political importance and the elite alliance model became favored. That was pretty huge. Legends (political) from my perspective, not counting Syzygy since his actions affected the gameplay itself:

#1 Ivan, Dilber, Moo-Cows, and many many others for creating, building, and perpetuating the most impressive and strongest alliance culture and world political culture the world ever saw.

#2 LiquidMercury, Roquentin, me, Doitzel, Schattenmann, Tromp, Impero, Azaghul, Archon, Darklink, Tulak, Xiphosis, and others for being instrumental in taking down the aforementioned culture/political system.

From my perspective, that has been the story of Cybernations. The rise and fall of NPO. Most of the rest of what has happened has been side stories (sometimes very large ones to be sure), or people hanging around on stage after the play is over because they had so much fun and they don't want to go home. Part of me thinks that the reason people even still play at the politics is to give the community some kind of reason to exist. It certainly isn't like it was in the old days.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1322796741' post='2858869']
Omni, you made something of a career of sucking the "&#$@ of whoever was in power, while !@#$%-ing out of wars."
[/quote]

OH U MAD MAN. U MAD! TAKE A STEP BACK CUZ U MAD! U EVEN MAD OOC!

Anyway, you're right. I was sucking &#$@ when I fought against you guys, iFOK, and RIA, because I care only about power. I was kissing up to the people in power when I leaked some crappy post that made everyone hate me. I pussied out of war when your boy Sardonic came and told me I was going to "get my justice" and when I told him any time, he pussied out. You know what though? I haven't claimed to be a legend.

Anyway, I was just making a point as to why Sardonic shouldn't be considered a legend. PB and MK didn't have to run in here to defend against little old me the "!@#$ poster". Let's get back to recognizing the real legends though? Shall we?

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322798678' post='2858910']
OH U MAD MAN. U MAD! TAKE A STEP BACK CUZ U MAD! U EVEN MAD OOC!

Anyway, you're right. I was sucking &#$@ when [b]I fought against you guys, iFOK[/b], and RIA, because I care only about power. I was kissing up to the people in power when I leaked some crappy post that made everyone hate me. I pussied out of war when your boy Sardonic came and told me I was going to "get my justice" and when I told him any time, he pussied out. You know what though? I haven't claimed to be a legend.

Anyway, I was just making a point as to why Sardonic shouldn't be considered a legend. PB and MK didn't have to run in here to defend against little old me the "!@#$ poster". Let's get back to recognizing the real legends though? Shall we?
[/quote]

You did what?

I wish there were some qualifications laid out so we knew what might be considered a legend. For instance, I doubt anyone would accuse Pius XIII of being a legend, but he was certainly more influential in the early days of Cyber Nations than many leaders of many alliances these days. Anyway, I'll throw my two cents into the mix:

Depraved
Ivan Moldavi
Moo-Cows
Dilber
Electron Sponge
Denial
Archon
Hrmmm
VL Empire

To name a few. I could go on for a while, though.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1322815028' post='2859247']
Oh I didn't even know. But how does that debunk his statement? It was part of a coalition war, not something to be proud about.
[/quote]
He's saying he fought, and worked in back channels (he was IAA's Regent) against the power structure of the time. It's one example he uses to debunk the accusation that he "made something of a career of sucking the &#$@ of whoever was in power, while !@#$%-ing out of wars." Can't suck the &#$@ of who is in power if you're fighting against them.

Edited by Gibsonator21

The length of time he was in GATO's government fully corroborates my statement. He definitely sucked the "&#$@ of whoever was in power" and he most certainly was "!@#$%-ing out of wars" then. That he happened to have been in IAA while they were under Polar's thumb just serves as an aberration to the rule.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1322775013' post='2858471']
3. Let's see you bring back an alliance that's been dead for two years and make it successful.
[/quote]

Well, while I don't like pushing buttons with people I actually like, I will say this, it wasn't just you who brought GOONS back to CN, and if I recall correctly salithus spearheaded the move back to CN for the GOONS, you were the Co-Pilot on the re-entry from "The Moon". As for making it successful, you there cannot again take credit because it takes more than one person to run an alliance effectively. GOONS is successful today because of the handwork and dedication that your community has towards the GOONS. It is on the backs of the grunts within GOONS and the lower GOONS government that has made it into what it is today. Sure you stand there as the figurehead, sure you wield absolute power in the GOONS, but if it was only you controlling every aspect of GOONS, it wouldn't of lasted as long as it has. So please do not take credit for the amazing work that the other members of GOONS have done for the alliance you stand on top of right now.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1322888114' post='2859880']
Well, while I don't like pushing buttons with people I actually like, I will say this, it wasn't just you who brought GOONS back to CN, and if I recall correctly salithus spearheaded the move back to CN for the GOONS, you were the Co-Pilot on the re-entry from "The Moon". As for making it successful, you there cannot again take credit because it takes more than one person to run an alliance effectively. GOONS is successful today because of the handwork and dedication that your community has towards the GOONS. It is on the backs of the grunts within GOONS and the lower GOONS government that has made it into what it is today. Sure you stand there as the figurehead, sure you wield absolute power in the GOONS, but if it was only you controlling every aspect of GOONS, it wouldn't of lasted as long as it has. So please do not take credit for the amazing work that the other members of GOONS have done for the alliance you stand on top of right now.
[/quote]
This argument can be used for literally every person nominated (except from o ya baby who took on the world by himself and won).

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1322888497' post='2859899']
This argument can be used for literally every person nominated (except from o ya baby who took on the world by himself and won).
[/quote]

You don't see many of them coming in here and making biased claims of being the sole reason their alliance is successful, now do you?