Legends of Cybernations

Joseph Black

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1322445378' post='2854137']
I most certainly did not. I was not even in the alliance when it disbanded. Grub disbanded the NAAC.
[/quote]
Lol really then my mind is slipping more then I thought I apologize my friend
I think I remember a little bit now u left with Plainfield or somebody and started ronin? Am I right

Ohhh grubby I still love ya

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Founders and early government of GATO
Founders and early government of NPO
Founders and early government of NAAC
Founders and early government of GPA
Founders and early government of GGA
Founders and early government of ODN
Founders and early government of IRON
Founders and early government of LUE

The alliances that existed during the first year of the game created the political system that we still have today. They brought us IRC, alliance announcements, quad attacks, and the concept of a CB. These are all things that are still used today. People like Dilber, PC, Vladimir, Mary the Fantabulous, and Pope Hope are often mentioned in threads like this but there were many other people who made contributions that are too numerous to quantify.

I would also add:

Founders of alliances that made sanction and held it for more than a year. Many alliances rise and fall but it takes talent and skill to reach that milestone and keep it.

My list of living legends or at least people who I always stop to read and who I respect very much would read:

Airme
Anu Drake
Archon
Delta1212
Gopherbashi
Great Lord Moth
Hime Theis
Mary the Fantabulous
Mogar
Opethian
Rayvon
Rebel Virginia
Schattenmann
Tygaland
Walford

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='greco' timestamp='1322445717' post='2854142']
Lol really then my mind is slipping more then I thought I apologize my friend
I think I remember a little bit now u left with Plainfield or somebody and started ronin? Am I right

Ohhh grubby I still love ya
[/quote]

Yes, we left in February.

Some people will wonder why I listed some of the people I did, and some of you won't know some of them because you wasn't around then or you've just never heard of them. And I left out about a dozen more people I can't recall atm... :S [size="1"](Note this is no particular order)[/size]

American Clam
Daggarz
AnthonyK
Nathan Hale
Nintenderek
RIFF-RAFF
x Tela x
NeoChe
Caesar833
Dreamscape
KingMorton
Golden Boy
DemonSpawn
GoFastLeft
EgoFreaky
Stealthkill
Warmongerel
Demag
Baltheir
StaggerLee
HM4A1
Shadow Slayer
Aaron
Capt Crappy
Bobery
Battle Mage
Mordd
LordAJ
Juan Carlos
Emperor Delas
Delta1212
madmike
KillJoy
Alcholic
Adrian LaCroix
Bob Sanders
Pansy
Chef Joe
Ajax
Kharn
Mia
dwthegreat
Midas
KahlanRahl
Hawk
Cod God Ben
Nowedge
Hero1
Chels
Schattenmann
Pcoaltrain
Toichus Maximus
D3V1L5ADV0CAT3
Thomas20
Howso
General Ego
Dan2680
Varses
W_A_R
Omisient1
Joey67500
Moufassa
bros2
Cello Chick
Keshav
zoomzoomzoom
Wu Tang Clan

(yay 300th post!!)

Edited by The Chosen One

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322451214' post='2854194']
Nice seeing that name again.
[/quote]
Indeed it is, and it's good to see you're still around!

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322451900' post='2854207']
TCO, if people haven't heard of them and actually keep up with these forums at all they're not really legends.
[/quote]
Legends from the past? Some may have just been forgotten over time. And let's face it, who some people consider legends differ from who others think of as legends.

Edited by The Chosen One

[quote name='The Chosen One' timestamp='1322450780' post='2854188']
Pasny

(yay 300th post!!)
[/quote]

No just no.... and not just because you cannot spell my name.

Though the name Bob Sanders will live on in CN until its death, just for one simple mistake in typing.

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1322452127' post='2854214']

Though the name Bob Sanders will live on in CN until its death, just for one simple mistake in typing.
[/quote]

Dang... Leave it to me to make a mistake in typing as well, lolz.

Edited by The Chosen One

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1322452127' post='2854214']

[/quote]
For those unawares:

[spoiler][img]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0904/did-you-polar-really-too-stupid-to-read-cyber-nations-cybern-demotivational-poster-1239471143.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='shahman' timestamp='1322447344' post='2854155']
Gopherbashi. He does the ASR.
[/quote]
Let us not forget Unspeakable Evil for all his stat collection.

I remember when it was an honor to do the ASR and anyone would step in and do it (Even me. Twice!)

Depraved. Founder of GATO.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1322429117' post='2853995']
Dilber, Archon and Sponge are my top3. I'm unsure where to put Ivan since I wasn't here when he was in power.
[/quote]
Basically Ivan is an individual whose strength is the ability to get the best stuff possible out of any possible situation. If you don't actively block everything he tries to do, he will wind up destroying you.

Only reason why he hasnt been all that relevant lately is because people just plain fear his potential influence due to his sheer level of infamy.

Perhaps the single biggest examples of just how much of a boss Ivan was are the [i]Oath[/i] and his single-handed destruction of the Independence Council. The first of which took massive balls and intimidation to force through the ODN of that era, and the second of which people to this day [i]still[/i] aren't sure how he managed to pull it off.

If you all don't mind me saying, in terms you can put into perspective, Ivan, at full power, is the best of all of those three you just mentioned. Only slightly less skilled a diplomat than Dilber, slightly less verbose than Archon, and slightly less driven than Sponge. But Ivan's charisma back then outshines anything that has appeared in CN since, and he is, without a doubt, the single greatest strategist in CN history.

Don't believe me? Play him in a Supremacy1914 game, and see what happens.

So yeah, Ivan's #1 in my mind. He's done things with this community that no one has ever been able to match, and created institutions that took years and the coordinated efforts of multitudes to undo. Don't get me wrong, what Dilber and Sponge and Archon managed were fantastic all on their own, but until Karma, everyone in Cybernations was still playing in Ivan's sandbox.

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='The Chosen One' timestamp='1322450780' post='2854188']
Some people will wonder why I listed some of the people I did, and some of you won't know some of them because you wasn't around then or you've just never heard of them. And I left out about a dozen more people I can't recall atm... :S [size="1"](Note this is no particular order)[/size]
[/quote]

You know TCO, I'm actually offended you of all people didn't say me. You even included DW... :P

[quote name='Comrade General' timestamp='1322455722' post='2854252']
GinoTheRoman
Flashpoint
Kommando

A few lesser know names but where big names in their time on a smaller scale maybe
[/quote]
No offense, and I mean this. I understand that there are reasons why you want these guys' names out there.

[i]But[/i], there are reasons why people don't name folks like Seerow, myself, Zhadum, Anthony, or TheBlitz in these kinds of lists. And it's because our accomplishments, while impactful in the communities we were in, simply weren't all that relevant on the larger stage, which is what this question of Legends is about.

So...meaningful? Yeah, sure. But Legends of CN?

Not by a long shot.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1322456231' post='2854256']
You know TCO, I'm actually offended you of all people didn't say me. You even included DW... :P
[/quote]

Haha, hey I said I forgot about a dozen more names!! Yours just happened to be one of them... I've been pondering the others I've forgotten, I'm sure yours would have struck me sooner or later! :P <3

Edited by The Chosen One