With the new precedent set by TOP and co..

omfghi2u2

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1322384561' post='2853580']
It is now acceptable to attack alliances for things they have done in the past. So lets start bids for FAN to attack NPO for her two years of occupation.

I say by March. Any takers?

-omfg
[/quote]
omfg, my friend, you are dumb...really really dumb...for reals

[img]http://www.funnyvideosearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/AntoineDodson.jpg[/img]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is now acceptable to attack alliances for things they have done in the past. So lets start bids for FAN to attack NPO for her two years of occupation.

-omfg
[/quote]

It's called the DH-NPO war, look up the participants.

-omfg
[/quote]

So you'd forgive everyone, everything? Because everything that happened, happened in the past.

Edit: you must be in GPA right?

Edited by erikz

[quote name='Litha Riddle' timestamp='1322427928' post='2853981']
kindly point out where i said he was? :)
[/quote]
"its this kind of attitude that removed any affection i had for polar. "

Or do you routinely let the posts of members of one alliance dictate how you feel about another alliance?

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1322496523' post='2854874']

Or do you routinely let the posts of members of one alliance dictate how you feel about another alliance?
[/quote]

Yes, yes I do.

For reference: Haflinger, AlterEgo, supercoolyellow, d34th and/or AlmightyGrub, etc

[quote name='greco' timestamp='1322438556' post='2854068']
i got one
when NPO declared on GPA [b]because they were #1 in alliance stats [/b]
they deserve retribution for that ....

for real people get over it
whats done is done

u want a piece of Polar you got it enjoy it i know that i am...
also i have 1 more slot open....
[/quote]

Except they weren't, thanks for trying though!

[quote name='greco' timestamp='1322438556' post='2854068']i got one
when NPO declared on GPA because they were #1 in alliance stats
they deserve retribution for that ....[/quote]
Sorry we're lazy and we're not going to move goalposts. Please ring me back when the standard becomes 4 or 5 years.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1322476113' post='2854738']So you'd forgive everyone, everything? Because everything that happened, happened in the past.

Edit: you must be in GPA right?[/quote]
[font="Arial Black"]GPA: We [i]can[/i] move on(tm)[/font].

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1322412481' post='2853793']
At this point, it's only a matter of time before someone claims that NpO is setting a new precedent of acting like idiots during wartime.
[/quote]

Thats... new?

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1322500210' post='2854916']
Yes, yes I do.

For reference: Haflinger, AlterEgo, supercoolyellow, d34th and/or AlmightyGrub, etc
[/quote]
Did you not understand my post or do you really base your view of alliances those people aren't in on those people?

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1322496523' post='2854874']

[/quote]

So you've never judged Pacifica based on an ex members posts? Or due to posts from other alliances?

Also what dictated my feelings is constantly hoping your alliance would actually get its head out of the sand and show some humility.

I'm not gonna lie, i was probably one of the last still hoping our alliances could make amends.

Shame things never worked out but it can't be said things weren't attempted.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1322424744' post='2853941']
As others have said, this is not a new precedent. We also had TPF hit for a 5-6 month old CB a couple(?) years ago. As for pre-emptive strikes, again not new either. In fact, TOP spearheaded this precedent several years ago during WoTC.

As for why this war is happening, frankly, it is happening for various reasons, 1 of which is that Grub refused to swallow his pride and admit he $%&@ed up majorly. Yes, I supported the move then and frankly still do. TOP/co were not allies of Polaris and in fact were at best frinemies (however you spell that word). Grub/Polaris took a chance to bring down a potential enemy. Unfortunately, they apparently pissed off MK who then struck a deal with TOP and signed a treaty due to Polaris losing massive amounts of political capital for that action.

Now, over the past 2 years, I honestly don't know how many, if any, actions were taken between Polaris and TOP/Co to try and move past it but I know one action that was probably never taken, and again it falls to Grub swallowing his pride. Hell, even Ivan swallowed his pride at the end of GW1 even if only for a few months.

Polaris, as much as I love ya'll, seriously, ya'll used to be a whole lot better at the diplomatic game. You been slipping a lot and the trolling done by certain Polars have not helped much. Hopefully after this war, this grudge can finally be laid to rest though I doubt a friendship will be anywhere remotely close.

Take the beating, humble yourselves appropriately, and realize that Polaris is no longer anywhere close to a power player. I know this has been done somewhat but it needs to be done more. This CB is about as legit as 90% of the other CBs that have ever been used including those used by Polaris.

The odds are not exactly known as it could be Polar/co alongside XX/SF which will help out some. The opposite side will have PF/PB/MK/CnG/Mj/DR/Poseidon so basically ya'll will lose but fight hard and then rebuild and work on bettering relations, which would most likely include shutting D34th and Grub up and stopping with the victim playing.
[/quote]

I put it to you: When has an Emperor of Polaris ever been able to shut up?

As fond as I am of NpO, it's in their nature, as it is in the nature of all of the so called "Orders" fashioned in the glory days of the NPO, to be boastful, arrogant, and generally elitist and condescending. NpO wouldn't be NpO if they didn't have their pride. There is something to be said for the integrity of an alliance's character... even if it is annoying.

Would NpO have gotten in this war if they'd bothered to swallow their pride and build bridges? No. But then again, they wouldn't be NpO if they had.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1322564789' post='2855772']
I put it to you: When has an Emperor of Polaris ever been able to shut up?

As fond as I am of NpO, it's in their nature, as it is in the nature of all of the so called "Orders" fashioned in the glory days of the NPO, to be boastful, arrogant, and generally elitist and condescending. NpO wouldn't be NpO if they didn't have their pride. There is something to be said for the integrity of an alliance's character... even if it is annoying.

Would NpO have gotten in this war if they'd bothered to swallow their pride and build bridges? No. But then again, they wouldn't be NpO if they had.
[/quote]
Well, I've been the Emperor of Polaris for well over a year and I mostly post about soul music. I've sent diplomatic missions to every alliance that I felt could benefit from it, even folks like TOP. I've been honest and been more than willing to admit where we have faulted in the past. Also I'm actually pretty relaxed and chill. So I have basically not been any of the things you just said. It doesn't matter though. Folks dislike having to re-evaluate their opinions and views and therefore by and large they simply don't. Not much I can do about that *shrugs*.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1322441103' post='2854105']
CBs are like diamonds.
[/quote]

...they all begin as a lump of coal in Polar's arse everytime the rest of the world gets an itchy trigger finger?

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1322385447' post='2853591']
Well one thing is for sure NPO now has a legit CB on all the allies who cancelled on them before Karma, as they cancelled knowing the war was coming and that NPO would lose. not sure if they are out of time now, is two years the cut off ?
[/quote]
Just wanted to say that anybody who [i]knew[/i] NPO would lose in Karma before the war either had a crystal ball or is completely full of BS. Most of the alliances that dropped NPO did so knowing they were likely going to be rolled at some point for it.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1322642096' post='2856792']
Just wanted to say that anybody who [i]knew[/i] NPO would lose in Karma before the war either had a crystal ball or is completely full of BS. Most of the alliances that dropped NPO did so knowing they were likely going to be rolled at some point for it.
[/quote]

That NPO would received a pummeling was pretty much set in stone after SF panicked over Gremlins leaving Continuum. Just like the fronts for Bipolar were clear after the TPF drama. Both things actually happened before the war. You lose the political game much earlier than the actual wars.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1322632403' post='2856598']
Well, I've been the Emperor of Polaris for well over a year and I mostly post about soul music. I've sent diplomatic missions to every alliance that I felt could benefit from it, even folks like TOP. I've been honest and been more than willing to admit where we have faulted in the past. Also I'm actually pretty relaxed and chill. So I have basically not been any of the things you just said. It doesn't matter though. Folks dislike having to re-evaluate their opinions and views and therefore by and large they simply don't. Not much I can do about that *shrugs*.
[/quote]

True enough, and in all honesty I had forgotten about you when I wrote that... which is, it's self, fairly telling. You are the most level-headed, least audacious, and least vocal of Polar's Royals (IMHO). Ivan Moldavi, Tygaland, Electron Sponge, Grub... big names in NpO's history who were certainly not without their eccentricities, and who left a lasting mark on Polar's culture and reputation. You may be a more humble and conciliatory head of state than your predecessors, but unfortunately you've inherited their legacy, and it takes more than one good emperor to expunge a reputation 6 years in the making. Especially, I should point out, given the position you've had to work from. Sponge & Co. made NpO's reputation in Polar's heyday, when the NPO-NpO-GOONS axis was at the center of CN's comparatively simple treaty web, and Polar posters made arrogant and self-righteous posts on the OWF with impunity. Now, with NpO and NPO largely sidelined, the rest of the world isn't hanging on the emperor's every word anymore, and it makes it much harder to change your image (especially with such polite, soft-spoken leadership).

Now I'll admit that I'm a dinosaur in CN, and that, in all honesty, I'm still living in the Golden Age of Cybernations when it was League vs. Initiative, and everything was a lot less complicated... but there seem to be enough people like me out there, who haven't been able to shake the idea of NpO as 'the bad guy', that there still isn't a whole lot of sympathy for NpO, and plenty in the way of animosity. It seems if NpO is genuine about changing it's image, admitting it's mistakes, and improving it's relations with the world at large, it's going to have to say it much louder than it already has, because it seems people just aren't listening.

In any case, as far as your particular stint as emperor goes, I have to reserve judgment on it, as do we all, until you've finished your term. One can't rightly judge a work in progress. Just because you aren't a tyrannous egomaniac today, doesn't mean you won't turn in to one (not that I think you will, mind you, you've never said so much as an unkind word to anyone that I can recall). In any case, you and your alliance have my sympathies in this conflict. I think we all expected TOP and IRON to seek vengeance for what happened in Bi-Polar... but we expected it to happen two years ago, when this !@#$ was fresh, not NOW.

Best of luck in the war. The way things are going, it won't be long before the chains start going off, and I start taking nukes in Polar's honour.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1322663685' post='2856979']
True enough, and in all honesty I had forgotten about you when I wrote that... which is, it's self, fairly telling. You are the most level-headed, least audacious, and least vocal of Polar's Royals (IMHO). Ivan Moldavi, Tygaland, Electron Sponge, Grub... big names in NpO's history who were certainly not without their eccentricities, and who left a lasting mark on Polar's culture and reputation. You may be a more humble and conciliatory head of state than your predecessors, but unfortunately you've inherited their legacy, and it takes more than one good emperor to expunge a reputation 6 years in the making. Especially, I should point out, given the position you've had to work from. Sponge & Co. made NpO's reputation in Polar's heyday, when the NPO-NpO-GOONS axis was at the center of CN's comparatively simple treaty web, and Polar posters made arrogant and self-righteous posts on the OWF with impunity. Now, with NpO and NPO largely sidelined, the rest of the world isn't hanging on the emperor's every word anymore, and it makes it much harder to change your image (especially with such polite, soft-spoken leadership).

Now I'll admit that I'm a dinosaur in CN, and that, in all honesty, I'm still living in the Golden Age of Cybernations when it was League vs. Initiative, and everything was a lot less complicated... but there seem to be enough people like me out there, who haven't been able to shake the idea of NpO as 'the bad guy', that there still isn't a whole lot of sympathy for NpO, and plenty in the way of animosity. It seems if NpO is genuine about changing it's image, admitting it's mistakes, and improving it's relations with the world at large, it's going to have to say it much louder than it already has, because it seems people just aren't listening.

In any case, as far as your particular stint as emperor goes, I have to reserve judgment on it, as do we all, until you've finished your term. One can't rightly judge a work in progress. Just because you aren't a tyrannous egomaniac today, doesn't mean you won't turn in to one (not that I think you will, mind you, you've never said so much as an unkind word to anyone that I can recall). In any case, you and your alliance have my sympathies in this conflict. I think we all expected TOP and IRON to seek vengeance for what happened in Bi-Polar... but we expected it to happen two years ago, when this !@#$ was fresh, not NOW.

Best of luck in the war. The way things are going, it won't be long before the chains start going off, and I start taking nukes in Polar's honour.
[/quote]

Defending Polaris HONOUR! Luckily for Sparta you are no longer gov.