With the new precedent set by TOP and co..

omfghi2u2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1322384561' post='2853580']
It is now acceptable to attack alliances for things they have done in the past. So lets start bids for FAN to attack NPO for her two years of occupation.

I say by March. Any takers?

-omfg
[/quote]

Are you new here?

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1322384561' post='2853580']
It is now acceptable to attack alliances for things they have done in the past. So lets start bids for FAN to attack NPO for her two years of occupation.

I say by March. Any takers?

-omfg
[/quote]

Well one thing is for sure NPO now has a legit CB on all the allies who cancelled on them before Karma, as they cancelled knowing the war was coming and that NPO would lose. not sure if they are out of time now, is two years the cut off ?

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1322385447' post='2853591']
Well one thing is for sure NPO now has a legit CB on all the allies who cancelled on them before Karma, as they cancelled knowing the war was coming and that NPO would lose. not sure if they are out of time now, is two years the cut off ?
[/quote]

This man is correct. We must start a new bidding at once!

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1322385349' post='2853589']
Mmm right because an apology makes up for a 2 year occupation.

-omfg
[/quote]
Dude the apology was on top of Pacifica getting its ass handed to it in a war. If utter defeat followed by enforced reps and an apology is not enough then what is? Blood? organs?

Edited by Cataduanes

I love how in every single war, we have a thread popping up about the supposedly "New" precedent.

It wasn't new when TOP/IRON attacked CnG, it wasn't new when DH attacked NPO, and it is not new now.

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1322392963' post='2853640']
It's not a new precedent.
[/quote]

That. And what you guys forget is that there is a subjective element. It's up to the alliances involved. People like you complain about the lack of war, and now you are attempting to dismiss on of the best CB's ever the the "oh noes, but then others had to hit others, but they don't, so it's not legit" argument, which is bs.

Another point would be, that all parties involved knew about the grudge of TOP and they knew the vengeance day would be coming. If GATO suddenly hit NPO for GWIII it would come out of the blue and look like an excuse. So in my opinion you'd have a good point judging the validity.

[quote name='Litha Riddle' timestamp='1322392901' post='2853639']
its this kind of attitude that removed any affection i had for polar. No matter what we did, or how many apologies were offered you still had this crap about how no one has suffered as bad as you ever.

Get a grip and put things right without the snooty martyr issues. :/
[/quote]
omfg isn't in Polaris hth

As others have said, this is not a new precedent. We also had TPF hit for a 5-6 month old CB a couple(?) years ago. As for pre-emptive strikes, again not new either. In fact, TOP spearheaded this precedent several years ago during WoTC.

As for why this war is happening, frankly, it is happening for various reasons, 1 of which is that Grub refused to swallow his pride and admit he $%&@ed up majorly. Yes, I supported the move then and frankly still do. TOP/co were not allies of Polaris and in fact were at best frinemies (however you spell that word). Grub/Polaris took a chance to bring down a potential enemy. Unfortunately, they apparently pissed off MK who then struck a deal with TOP and signed a treaty due to Polaris losing massive amounts of political capital for that action.

Now, over the past 2 years, I honestly don't know how many, if any, actions were taken between Polaris and TOP/Co to try and move past it but I know one action that was probably never taken, and again it falls to Grub swallowing his pride. Hell, even Ivan swallowed his pride at the end of GW1 even if only for a few months.

Polaris, as much as I love ya'll, seriously, ya'll used to be a whole lot better at the diplomatic game. You been slipping a lot and the trolling done by certain Polars have not helped much. Hopefully after this war, this grudge can finally be laid to rest though I doubt a friendship will be anywhere remotely close.

Take the beating, humble yourselves appropriately, and realize that Polaris is no longer anywhere close to a power player. I know this has been done somewhat but it needs to be done more. This CB is about as legit as 90% of the other CBs that have ever been used including those used by Polaris.

The odds are not exactly known as it could be Polar/co alongside XX/SF which will help out some. The opposite side will have PF/PB/MK/CnG/Mj/DR/Poseidon so basically ya'll will lose but fight hard and then rebuild and work on bettering relations, which would most likely include shutting D34th and Grub up and stopping with the victim playing.

i got one
when NPO declared on GPA because they were #1 in alliance stats
they deserve retribution for that ....

for real people get over it
whats done is done

u want a piece of Polar you got it enjoy it i know that i am...
also i have 1 more slot open....