An Announcement from the Global Protection Force

[center][img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/Swat63/GPFFlag.gif[/img][/center]

Ladies and Gentlemen on Planet Bob, it has been two weeks since our name first appeared on the OWF. I am here today to mention it once more, this time as an official DoE. Therefore I present to you our charter and current government list. We are a friendly alliance with a mixture of nations both established and newer and we are also protected by our good friends at Ragnarok.

o/ GPF

[quote][size=18pt][u][b]Charter of the Global Protection Force.[/b][/u][/size]

We, the undersigned nations, agree to defend independence, sovereignty and our fellow nations from aggression in all cases. We shall abide by this charter and swear by it as law.

[b]Article I: Admission[/b]

Any nation formally applying for the Global Protection Force (GPF) will be admitted provided that nation swears by the GPF Oath.
The Oath shall consist of the following:

I, [Ruler], of [Nation], do hereby swear to defend the values of the Global Protection Force. I shall come to the aid of my alliance and fellow nations when I am needed and shall expect the same in return. I swear to abide by the Charter of the Global Protection Force and take it as law.

Upon admission to the Global Protection Force, no member nation may join any other alliance in the game.

[b]Article II: Hierarchy[/b]

1. Secretary-General

The Secretary-General shall lead the Global Protection Force in all aspects. The Secretary-General has the ability to declare war and block decisions made by government staff if he or she deems it fit to do so.
The Secretary-General shall appoint a deputy to conduct affairs in his or her absence.
The Secretary-General shall serve for life or until resignation. Should the seat of the Secretary-General become absent, the Deputy Secretary-General shall take the position of the head of the alliance and appoint a new Deputy.
Should the Secretary-General deem any member a threat to the security of the alliance, then he or she has the exclusive power of expulsion to secure the future of the alliance.
The Deputy Secretary-General shall be appointed by the incumbent Secretary-General and is responsible for the affairs of the alliance in the absence of the Secretary-General. The Deputy Secretary-General shall serve for life or until re-appointed by the Secretary General or through resignation.
With regards to decisions on treaties or other major decisions regarding the alliance, the authorisation of the Secretary-General must first be sought prior to approval.

2. Minister of the Interior

The Minister of the Interior controls the internal affairs of the alliance. The Minister shall be appointed by the Secretary-General and shall serve for life or until re-appointment / resignation.

3. Minister of Defense

The Minister of Defense shall head all matters of defense including that of technology raids and war organisation. The Minister has the power to authorise technology raids in specific circumstances. He / She shall be appointed by the Secretary-General and shall serve for life or until re-appointment or through resignation.

4. Minister of Foriegn Affairs

The Minister of Foriegn Affairs shall head all matters including the organisation of treaties and hosting of foriegn diplomats. Whilst the Minister may draft and discuss treaties, the Secretary-General's approval must be aquired prior to finalising any treaty. He / She shall be appointed by the Secretary-General and shall serve for life or until re-appointment or through resignation.

5. Minister of Finance

The Minister of Finance shall control all matters with regards to the financial and economical well being of the alliance. This shall include the organisation of aid and trade both within the alliance and through external partners. He / She shall be appointed by the Secretary-General and shall serve for life or until re-appointment or through resignation.

[b]Article III: Technology Raiding[/b]

Members of the Global Protection Force are permitted to raid non-aligned or unprotected nations for technological gain under heavy restrictions. The restrictions set forth are that the nation must be on the alliance "None" or on an unprotected Alliance Affiliation at 5 members or less. The raiding nation must also seek permission from a governing entity. Failure to oblige by these rules will result in membership termination or a trial by the Minister of Internal Affairs.

[b]Article IV: Exiting the Alliance[/b]

All nations reserve the right to leave the Global Protection Force at any given moment in time. Should any member wish to leave, they are required to inform the Secretary-General prior to a change of Alliance Affiliation. Failure to do so may result in sanctions on that nation.
Should any member leave on their own accord, they may return at any given time.

Any member who is expelled from the alliance by the Secretary-General may not return to the alliance for a minimum of two months. After that time an application may be made on the GPF forums, however no admission shall be made without the authorisation of the Secretary-General.

[b]Article V: Changes to the Charter[/b]
At the discretion of the government this charter is subject to change. Any changes to the charter must be met by a 50% + 1 majority vote within the government.

[b]Article VI: Ratification[/b]

We, as the founding heads of state of the Global Protection Force, do hereby ratify this charter:

Colonel Brick, Secretary-General
Sirchinny, Minister of Foriegn Affairs
Cress, Minister of Internal Affairs
xR1 Fatal Instinct, Minister of Defence [/quote]

[center][size="5"][b][u]Current Government[/b][/u][/size]

[b]Secretary-General[/b] - Colonel Brick
[b]Minister of the Interior[/b] - Cress
[b]Minister of Defense[/b] - xR1 Fatal Instinct
[b]Minister of Finance[/b] - Joel James
[b]Minister of Foreign Affairs[/b] - Sirchinny[/center]

Edited by Colonel brick

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1322323001' post='2852526']
So you're a "friendly alliance" called the "Global Protection Force," and yet you allow your members to invade and plunder the nations that could most benefit from some friendship and protection. Brilliant.
[/quote]

You make it sound like we don't impose restrictions on our members ;) The reason we allow raids is because we understand some nations like to try new things now and again, but we restrict our nations raids - so do not worry good sir, we won't be authorising raids on long, established A/A's such as your own.

As it states in our charter raiding is highly restricted, requiring authorisation first.

I hope you do not judge us on one aspect of our charter, we have many better aspects to our alliance.

[quote name='Colonel brick' timestamp='1322323773' post='2852544']
You make it sound like we don't impose restrictions on our members ;) The reason we allow raids is because we understand some nations like to try new things now and again, but we restrict our nations raids - so do not worry good sir, we won't be authorising raids on long, established A/A's such as your own.

As it states in our charter raiding is highly restricted, requiring authorisation first.

I hope you do not judge us on one aspect of our charter, we have many better aspects to our alliance.
[/quote]
Try this on for size:

[quote]You make it sound like we don't impose restrictions on our members ;) The reason we allow murder is because we understand some nations like to try new things now and again, but we restrict our murders - so do not worry good sir, we won't be authorising murders on people with bodyguards such as yourself.
As it states in our charter murder is highly restricted, requiring authorisation first.

I hope you do not judge us on one aspect of our charter, we have many better aspects to our alliance.[/quote]

See how ridiculous that sounds? Charters are 99% irrelevant when it comes to international relations. Unfortunately this is one of the only parts that actually matter.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1322325749' post='2852580']
See how ridiculous that sounds? Charters are 99% irrelevant when it comes to international relations. Unfortunately this is one of the only parts that actually matter.
[/quote]

Really... Murder?

Well I'm sorry you disagree with our raiding policy, but each alliance is unique in its way.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1322325971' post='2852582']
A tech raid = murder?... :lol1:

You kids and your moralist spin.
[/quote]

[quote='Colonel brick']
Really... Murder?[/quote]

The point is not that a tech raid is murder, although it does involve killing soldiers solely for material gain - what else would you call that? The point is that if it's wrong, then it's not made right by restricting it to weak targets, or requiring permission first. Nothing about people wanting to try something new changes this.

(OOC: It should be obvious that I'm talking IC here.)

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1322328787' post='2852633']
The point is not that a tech raid is murder, although it does involve killing soldiers solely for material gain - what else would you call that? The point is that if it's wrong, then it's not made right by restricting it to weak targets, or requiring permission first. Nothing about people wanting to try something new changes this.
[/quote]

Collateral damage in war is very rarely (if ever) recognized as murder. As the mere definition of murder recognizes it is only murder if the law states it is murder (an intentional paradox), and I don't know of any nation or international body that recognizes a state of war as murder (correct me if I'm wrong). So, the point that you are trying to make, that a tech raid (or other state of war) is the same as murder is mute, because it clearly isn't in the most recognized states.

Now, for the other point, that "if it's wrong, it's wrong." I don't think tech raids are wrong, personally. If GPF recognizing them as morally wrong, then that's another story, and admittedly I don't know the answer to that question and can't be bothered with petty things like reading or asking.