An Official Announcement from PF

Poobah

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1322292313' post='2852092']
You guys were really clever, throwing in the fake leak of logs to cover up your real leak of info which got 2/3rds of your enemy into peace before you could attack.
[/quote]

I really used to like you when you were in Hydra, but now you're just a idiot who pretends they know things they don't. It saddens me. :(

Schattenmann, while I see the theory behind your discussion. The problem is that PF really did not play any major part in this TOP/NpO confrontation. Yes a bloc member has gone to war, yes the rest of us are willing to back them up but really who wouldn't.

While TOP's agenda is focused on NpO at the moment, does not automatically becomes PF's.

You would actually find that in the end, a lot of people within PF just don't give a damn either way about NpO.

Edited by nutkase

Schatt, I don't speak for BN anymore, or have any inherent interests in PF outside of unmanly love for BN, great allies in Argent, and long histories with each other bloc member (both as an Umbrella member and personally), but I will venture to say that this can be seen as a much more nuanced move than simply taking TOP's agenda for lack of anything better. The FARK/NpO treaty and the RIA/NpO treaty allow for this move to be much more politically dynamic than just getting some kicks into the NpO. Hey, when this is all said and done I reckon we'll see some interesting names fall on both sides that hasn't happened since.... well for a very long time. Moving and shaking, baby!

Serious question Schatt, are you really against this war? Or are you just doing "told ya so" for everyone? :P

If it's the former, I'm confused how you could be for the NG-SOS war and then be against this one. The CB is much more solid, TOP wasn't afraid of actually fighting someone like RIA, The political story of CN is continued and even possibly enriched, and finally it's expected to give everyone a little casualties.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322297164' post='2852176']
Serious question Schatt, are you really against this war? Or are you just doing "told ya so" for everyone? :P

If it's the former, I'm confused how you could be for the NG-SOS war and then be against this one. The CB is much more solid, TOP wasn't afraid of actually fighting someone like RIA, The political story of CN is continued and even possibly enriched, and finally it's expected to give everyone a little casualties.
[/quote]

Are you implying TOP and IRON charged into this blindly without making sure treaties would fall into line in their favor?

Now who doesn't know what they are talking about.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322297164' post='2852176']
Serious question Schatt, are you really against this war? Or are you just doing "told ya so" for everyone? :P [/quote]
Yes. :smug:
My apologies. A serious question deserves a serious answer, especially since seriousness is no longer valued here.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322297164' post='2852176']If it's the former, I'm confused how you could be for the NG-SOS war and then be against this one. The CB is much more solid, TOP wasn't afraid of actually fighting someone like RIA, The political story of CN is continued and even possibly enriched, and finally it's expected to give everyone a little casualties.
[/quote]
I don't remember being "for" the NG-SOS war, I conditionally was not against it given that they got over their grudge over and moved on and didn't act like idiots about peace, which NG--in typical meathead manner--managed to do and not-do with their ham-handed and idiotic individual terms.
That said, at this present moment in time, I feel the same way about this war. If TOP and IRON can't accept that the situation they've been whining about for 2 years was their own fault due to their own stupidity--and it was--and move on, and simply [i]must [/i]go to war with NpO 2 years later now that NpO is an easy target, fine; go to war for a month and then pull your Pull-ups(tm) back up like big boys. If IRON, TOP, and their allies-of-convenience get all Doom House-NPO War about peace terms, then I am decidedly against it. [b]Behavior is king.[/b] Given TOP and IRON's allies' proclivities and behavior, I'd say it's a safe bet that I end up against this war, and I don't think that the abuses-to-come will be a surprise to anyone, which is a shame, and I expect that they'll all be shrugging their shoulders--yourself included--and pointing to civility clauses per usual while a vocal minority speaks its mind.

At the end of the day, we vote with our feet today just as we always have, and it is incumbent upon each ruler to examine the position and values of his alliance, compare it to his own, and ensure that they are flush, and if they are not, to move on.

CBs don't have expiration dates, but they don't last forever, either. TOP and IRON are sissies with no brains who have always played it safe and been lapdogs who have held onto a shaky CB born of their own stupidity long enough to use it when there is absolutely no risk of any significant resistance or loss. Some will say that waiting until you can't lose is good, sound, common-sense policy, but as far as I'm concerned if you have to wait indefinitely (in this case 2 years) before you're powerful enough--or they're weak enough--then you've missed the window, and you're a wuss. TOP and IRON missed the bus, and right now they look like babies to me. Hopefully, they don't continue to act like it when they get to the peace talks.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1322297687' post='2852181']
Are you implying TOP and IRON charged into this blindly without making sure treaties would fall into line in their favor?

Now who doesn't know what they are talking about.
[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I say anything about TOP winning this war or waiting for treaties to fall or whatever else you're talking about. I love you Jacapo, but come on dawg. :P

And fair enough I guess Schatt. I'd just much rather have this war any day than watch crappy alliances get beat down.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322299272' post='2852216']
And fair enough I guess Schatt. I'd just much rather have this war any day than watch crappy alliances get beat down.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, Omni, I just don't do the cheerleading thing for specific AAs; I'm unique in that I don't own pom-poms. I was a member of TOP and I saw an awesome alliance with potential almost unmatched, but in practice we have a TOP that is just a lame tool of whoever is in power. Polaris are jerks that have pulled an unbelievable amount of stunts, but frankly they're brilliant and you know they are/were because they had alliances like TOP at their beck and call. At this point, all I see is TOP being whiny sore-teats over losing the game they've been playing for years (stick to the winning side), and doing it when it's easiest to boot. It's a sorry sight. Right now, NpO [i]is[/i] a crappy alliance getting beat down by another crappy alliance for a crappy reason. TOP are mindless drones too hellbent on revenge to make smart decisions and Polaris are too aristocratic to acknowledge their shortcomings.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322301161' post='2852238']
I'm sorry, Omni, I just don't do the cheerleading thing for specific AAs; I'm unique in that I don't own pom-poms.[/quote]

I hear you.

[quote]
I was a member of TOP and I saw an awesome alliance with potential almost unmatched but in practice we have a TOP that is just a lame tool. Polaris are jerks hat have pulled an unbelievable amount of stunts, but frankly they're brilliant and you know they are because they had alliances like TOP at their beck and call. At this point, all I see is TOP being whiny sore-teets over losing the game they've been playing for year, and doing it when it's easiest to boot.[/quote]

I kind of see this as a what comes around goes back around. The VE hit on Polar was just retarded. All the way from the CB, to the getting pissed over a joke, and even the DH pre-empt that went along with the whole thing. That's why I gladly stood up for Polar then.

However, if someone tricked me into doing something like Bi-Polar war, I'd make sure I got into a position to take every ounce of dignity and infra they had too. That's what makes this world turn, grudges and revenge. So I don't really see a reason to hate on TOP if they're doing what pretty much everyone else and their mother would do, while being nice and giving us all something to do too.

[quote]
It's a sorry sight. Right now, NpO [i]is[/i] a crappy alliance getting beat down by another crappy alliance for a crappy reason. TOP are mindless drones too hellbent on revenge to make smart decisions and Polaris are too aristocratic to acknowledge their shortcomings.
[/quote]

Yep.... what phrase to use here. What comes around goes around? Karma is a !@#$%*? You know what I mean. ;)

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1322291782' post='2852075']
Wow, this announcement was completely out of left field. I absolutely cannot believe that a bloc that TOP is a part of is supporting TOP's actions.
[/quote]
Wouldve been so much better if they said "Nope. arent supporting them" and let the peanut gallery go "WTF"

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322301161' post='2852238']
I was a member of TOP and I saw an awesome alliance with potential almost unmatched, but in practice we have a TOP that is just a lame tool of whoever is in power.[/quote]
So what you are essentially saying is that "TOP had a lot of potential but they didn't do what I wanted them to do so they suck" am I right?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1322302503' post='2852266']
So what you are essentially saying is that "TOP had a lot of potential but they didn't do what I wanted them to do so they suck" am I right?
[/quote]
You are wrong.
TOP could do a million things I didn't want them to do and I wouldn't say a word if TOP did it out of their own convictions and self-interest and boldness and self-confidence. But, the simple fact of the matter is that TOP is little more more than an upscale VE, renting themselves out to whoever is on top, doing whatever they're told, and skipping out on things as soon as they turn sour for the entirety of its existence. Amd it is frustrating because I know TOP could be better.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322302685' post='2852270']
if TOP did it out of their own convictions and self-interest and boldness and self-confidence.
[/quote]
What alliance are you describing? Some of the best descriptions people have attributed to us over the years is that we don't do anything unless it benefit us and that our self-confidence borders on extreme arrogance.

Your definition of "tool" is something that can be applied to every single alliance in this game at one point or another when in reality there has only been a handful of alliances (ie GGA) who have ever been someones tool to order around.

Meh, the conversation is rather pointless. Back to the wonderful PillowFort announcement.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

I can get behind a Poobah announcement despite some insignificant posturing from certain Hoop Ninjas. As for the idea that PF is not as dedicated to this battle as TOP may be at their core then someone can test us anytime or day.

As a former member of IRON this is a good day and event to have seen for me personally.

Pillowfort has more than a few allies of allies in it, and some good personal friends of mine.

This is the right thing to do, and the tasty way to do it.

BATTLE PROTIP: Keep a number clicker handy so you don't lose count of how many foes you dispatch. Have it attached to a carabiner so it won't get lost in the middle of a fight.

Best holiday wishes to one and all in the PillowFort from The Dark Templar!

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1322291306' post='2852030']
[center][size="4"][b]Official Announcement from bcortell[/b][/size][/center]
[center][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9080/flagct.jpg[/img][/center]

I support this.
[/quote]
I second this support :D

Also o/ PF

Edited by not adolf hitler