Declaration of Support

Wait wait wait, I got this...

So to fix our PR fallout from this thread I should apologize for our government's reactions, right? Right?

The apologies of the government for the actions of our members deeply disgust me. Immediate dissociation comes across too strongly. Words fail me. I've rarely been more shocked. Think of the children! WHEN WILL THE APOLOGIES END?!?!

Don't worry, bro, I got this covered. Situation contained.

Edited by Lincongrad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lincongrad' timestamp='1322305214' post='2852305']

So to fix our PR fallout from this thread I should apologize for our government's reactions, right? Right?

The apologies of the government for the actions of our members deeply disgust me. Immediate dissociation comes across too strongly. Words fail me. I've rarely been more shocked. Think of the children! WHEN WILL THE APOLOGIES END?!?!

[/quote]
Where's the apology for publicly begging raiders to hit a member that resigned after making a silly thread?

Get out.

Seriously. You should be embarrassed that your government members literally tripped over themselves to throw Smurf under the bus over this.

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1322304068' post='2852290']
Omni, when you refer to home which of your alliances do you mean :P jk jk
[/quote]

haha that was pretty good.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1322304206' post='2852294']
He's welcome to join the NSO.

You know that has always been your home, Omni. Now Smurf can experience it for himself.
[/quote]

Of course

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Regent Pancras' timestamp='1322303218' post='2852275']
Just to confirm, Unknown Smurf has resigned from The Legion, however his AA hasn't been updated yet. He is no longer afforded the protection of The Legion though, so if any tech raiders out there want some of his 5,542.54 technology, his nation can be found [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=260793"]HERE[/url].

As far as The Legion is concerned, this matter is closed.
[/quote]

In the effort of drawing attackers to Unknown Smurf, I think you have gotten the URL to his nation wrong. [url=http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=The%20Legion]This link[/url] should be the right one.

[/quote]

I am quite sure that you are not trying to say that issuing a statement of support for your allies in Polar is a bad PR move. So, I am going to assume that what you mean as bad PR move is the decision of your government to disown your own member. But apology to whom? To unknown smurf, yes, perhaps you should. Other than that, you owe no one an apology.

[/quote]

Who is the [i]members [/i]you refer to here?

Is it unknown smurf who made the post? If so, then why do you need to apologize and to whom?

If by members you mean Regent Pancras, who announced that unknown smurf is free for attacks, then the government can apology to unknown smurf and re-enlist him to the Legion.

[quote name='Larajoseph' timestamp='1322302414' post='2852261']
[font="Verdana"]I am not a member of Legion government. I have no authority of any kind. I do, however, have opinions. This is the post I made when Unknown Smurf posted his resignation from the Legion shortly after he made this demeaning, insulting post:

His resignation thread was dated about 3 minutes after the original post in this thread. Even he knew he'd finally gone too far. In another post on our forums, also time-stamped a minute or two after this post, he stated he was drunk. That is not an excuse or a reason for doing this !@#$. There is no !@#$@#$ excuse or reason for this post. As a member of The Legion, I wish to publicly and abjectly apologize to all of the fine alliances he insulted in his original post, and pray you will accept the apologies of at least myself in the spirit in which they are offered. [/font]
[/quote]

Actually I posted my resignation at least an hour after this... I had no intention of resigning when posting this... after which I gave you plenty of good advice on nation building. I'm sorry you feel this way. I did forget to give you a shout out and I'm sorry.

Please copy and paste my resignation here, it was quite respectful I thought (save my comment to Papa Jacky who is my sworn mortal enemy :P )

EDIT: As for the "drunk" comment. I had a couple drinks yes, but I'm not bouncing off the walls, I said I was drunk in another post followed by a " :P " smilie because I misspelled something and had to edit it to fix the spelling... Really not a big deal.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Just to confirm, Unknown Smurf has resigned from The Legion, however his AA hasn't been updated yet. He is no longer afforded the protection of The Legion though, so if any tech raiders out there want some of his 5,542.54 technology, his nation can be found [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=260793"]HERE[/url].

[/quote]

Though the thread is basically a fail at being funny and comical, you are making something out of nothing. Quite and overreaction over something that i doubt really offended anyone

Actually Unknown Smurf was the most respectable person in Legion. Did this thread suck? Absolutely. Was it misguided? Absolutely. But for Legion to lose what is probably their best member... disastrous thread. I was hoping the past war would give Legion some of their swagger back, and maybe they could become a decent alliance... I was rooting for you. You have disappointed me.

I don't agree with his posts (Smurfs) but really Legion, he did everything he could for you and you !@#$ on him. Just when there was reason to go "huh, Legion" it has become yet again "Heh, its Legion".

Poor poor show.

[/quote]

Wow, way to throw one of your loyal supporters under the bus. I mean, I can understand kicking him off the AA, but everything I have seen seems to point to Unknown Smurf being very loyal to your alliance. And so on top of kicking him from the alliance, you also provide a kind link for the raiders to attack him. I find that disgusting, and I support raiding!

Legion, my most heartfelt piece of advice:

Do not let anybody post on these forums. Member or Government. Just stay silent and hope the world focuses on the next shiny thing like a magpie.

[/quote]

Just when I was starting to gain some respect for Legion, you guys have to go throw your own member under the bus in the most public and petty way possible. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

You wonder why people think you're incompetent....