Declaration of Support

As Proconsul of the Legion I definitely say Unknown Smurf, at best is three sheets to the wind on this, this was neither intelligent nor funny. I find it unfortunate that a member of Legion would post something like this on their own in a desperate need for attention. It would seem that some lose the concept of their actions and how it reflects not on themselves but on the Alliance they are a part of.

Edited by Alexander Kerensky

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1322295061' post='2852147']
As Proconsul of the Legion I definitely say Unknown Smurf, at best is three sheets to the wind on this, this was neither intelligent nor funny. I find it unfortunate that a member of Legion would post something like this on their own in a desperate need for attention. It would seem that some lose the concept of their actions and how it reflects not on themselves but on the Alliance they are a part of.
[/quote]

Translation: Quick the stunt didn't work, lets cut the guy loose and pretend it was all his fault

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1322295061' post='2852147']
[/quote]
Couldn't you have found a member of government to make this comment who hasn't been guilty of doing the same thing a number of times themselves?

Also: Smurf.

<_<

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1322297988' post='2852189']
Couldn't you have found a member of government to make this comment who hasn't been guilty of doing the same thing a number of times themselves?
[/quote]

reminder that you're talking about legion

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1322297988' post='2852189']

Also: Smurf.

<_<
[/quote]
Unknown Smurf is not a member of, nor does he speak on behalf of The Legion government. He is an idiot who does not know when to keep his mouth shut, and who decided to post a frankly imbecilic post on a subject he knows nothing about.
[quote]
FAIL who wants to be like OMFG/Gremlins/BN/Argent who wants to be like TORN/BAPS who want to be like NPO/Valhalla/Olympus who want to be like IRON/TOP [/quote]
This is totally undiplomatic language which as Minister of Foreign Affairs I am disgusted by. On behalf of The Legion Government I wish to offer an unreserved apology to any of the alliances insulted in Unknown Smurf's misguided attempt to be funny or shine the spotlight on himself.

[quote name='Regent Pancras' timestamp='1322300953' post='2852231']
Unknown Smurf is not a member of, nor does he speak on behalf of The Legion government. He is an idiot who does not know when to keep his mouth shut, and who decided to post a frankly imbecilic post on a subject he knows nothing about.[/quote]See?

Not that hard at all.

[quote]This is totally undiplomatic language which as Minister of Foreign Affairs I am disgusted by. On behalf of The Legion Government I wish to offer an unreserved apology to any of the alliances insulted in Unknown Smurf's misguided attempt to be funny or shine the spotlight on himself.
[/quote]That's quite the overreaction, by the way. As a fellow MoFA (Master of Lies) I have got to say that if you want to be more successful at your job you oughtta pop your collar and chill. Appearing to take these kinds of things so seriously somewhat impedes your ability to do your job.

Friendly advice. :v:

[quote name='generals3' timestamp='1322302129' post='2852256']
It seems a lot of people didn't notice what smurf did there. Ah well, i thought it was funny.
[/quote]
"If you have to explain the joke then there [i]is[/i] no joke!"

That's the problem with trying too hard to be clever. Stuff flies over peoples heads and the effort becomes wasted.

Edited by TehChron

[font="Verdana"]I am not a member of Legion government. I have no authority of any kind. I do, however, have opinions. This is the post I made when Unknown Smurf posted his resignation from the Legion shortly after he made this demeaning, insulting post:
[QUOTE=Larajoseph;743999]Now !@#$head, post this on the !@#$@#$ OWF! You !@#$@#$ moron this is the worst by far of the stunts you have pulled![/QUOTE]
His resignation thread was dated about 3 minutes after the original post in this thread. Even he knew he'd finally gone too far. In another post on our forums, also time-stamped a minute or two after this post, he stated he was drunk. That is not an excuse or a reason for doing this !@#$. There is no !@#$@#$ excuse or reason for this post. As a member of The Legion, I wish to publicly and abjectly apologize to all of the fine alliances he insulted in his original post, and pray you will accept the apologies of at least myself in the spirit in which they are offered. [/font]

[quote name='Larajoseph' timestamp='1322302414' post='2852261']
[font="Verdana"]I am not a member of Legion government. I have no authority of any kind. I do, however, have opinions. This is the post I made when Unknown Smurf posted his resignation from the Legion shortly after he made this demeaning, insulting post:

His resignation thread was dated about 3 minutes after the original post in this thread. Even he knew he'd finally gone too far. In another post on our forums, also time-stamped a minute or two after this post, he stated he was drunk. That is not an excuse or a reason for doing this !@#$. There is no !@#$@#$ excuse or reason for this post. As a member of The Legion, I wish to publicly and abjectly apologize to all of the fine alliances he insulted in his original post, and pray you will accept the apologies of at least myself in the spirit in which they are offered. [/font]
[/quote]
Stop.

Just stop.

Your overreactions are only making it worse. Some people find that kind of thing hilarious, but I really don't.

So please, just stop. We get it, hes not a member anymore and etc etc.

Just to confirm, Unknown Smurf has resigned from The Legion, however his AA hasn't been updated yet. He is no longer afforded the protection of The Legion though, so if any tech raiders out there want some of his 5,542.54 technology, his nation can be found [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=260793"]HERE[/url].

As far as The Legion is concerned, this matter is closed.

[quote name='Regent Pancras' timestamp='1322303218' post='2852275']
Just to confirm, Unknown Smurf has resigned from The Legion, however his AA hasn't been updated yet. He is no longer afforded the protection of The Legion though, so if any tech raiders out there want some of his 5,542.54 technology, his nation can be found [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=260793"]HERE[/url].

[/quote]

And my respect and support for the legion just went out the window. I don't care how much of a PR blunder what he posted was, I prey to admin sir, that in this conflict I see your nation in ruins. With any luck I hope to push the button myself.

[/quote]
[i]sigh[/i]

Now that's just lame on your part. One should generally save real pettiness like that to private channels rather than openly drawing attention to just how hurt your feelings are. Well, whatever.

Seriously low on your part.

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing, the original post which was terrible but harmless or the massive overreaction by members of Legion's government to disown Unknown Smurf and make sure everyone knows how angry they are about it. I realise, from comments made, that perhaps Smurf has overstepped some line he was told not to cross but the manner in which he has been spoken about here comes across as grovelling to those he may have offended at the expense of dignity.

I honestly don't think anyone was offended by this rather lacklustre attempt at parody and Legion would have been best to leave it die a natural death.

[/quote]

Finally, Come back home Smurf. :D

[/quote]

I have no idea why ones would announce that their ex-members is free for others to attack.

If you want to discipline your own member, you better do it yourselves. You should not let the 25 nukes in his possession scared you off.

If you worry that the Legion will get attacked because of his post, well, you need to grow some balls. Your dearest ally in NpO is under attacks, offering a statement of support is the least you can do if you cannot afford to offer military/finance assistance.

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1322304609' post='2852298']
I have no idea why ones would announce that their ex-members is free for others to attack.

If you want to discipline your own member, you better do it yourselves. You should not let the 25 nukes in his possession scared you off.

If you worry that the Legion will get attacked because of his post, well, you need to grow some balls. Your dearest ally in NpO is under attacks, offering a statement of support is the least you can do if you cannot afford to offer military/finance assistance.
[/quote]
What makes that statement ironic is that it was due to Polars aid shoring up their lackluster warchests at the lower levels that allowed the Legion to hold out against us after the first two rounds finished up.

Just thought Id put that out there for people to chew on.

[/quote]
Wow, Smurf may be many things, but he fought damn hard for you in the last war.

Classy way to repay him.