A new Declaration from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322297764' post='2852184']
TOP made an idiotic move as the result of pinning their fate to another alliance just as they have always done, but this time they weren't able to cancel or ignore a treaty in time to save your own keester. Your mistake was your own, your reps and humiliation were at the hands of MK.
[/quote]

TOP made a bold move to try and win a war that on paper was virtually unwinnable. This despite Polar having undertaken a frankly questionable move in attacking \m/ for OOC reasons. You can't fault TOP for the move itself, which took guts, though it was terrible politically.

Hmm this is all sounding familiar...

Edited by James Dahl

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly all I hear is "You betrayed us 3 years ago, You made us pay reps because we lost a war, and now that we have became friends with someone stronger then you were gonna fight you!".

It was funnier when TOP was going to declare 3 days ago but then lost support from their new allies and they ran like cowards. The reason there is 66 wars by IRON/TOP is because they're not even fighting, PB/DH is fighting for TOP. If PB/DH dropped support for TOP tomorrow, TOP would call a ceasefire and beg for white peace. TOP will never fight this war, only talk about how they did so well when someone else tries to roll Polar. If TOP was offended so much of getting "betrayed" by Polaris back then, then why didn't they declare 2 years ago and settle the issue?

EDIT: Polaris, Please fill out a new debt slip to TOP for 253,000 Tech this time... So they can call it an even 500,000.

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322301477' post='2852243']
Honestly all I hear is "You betrayed us 3 years ago, You made us pay reps because we lost a war, and now that we have became friends with someone stronger then you were gonna fight you!".

[b]It was funnier when TOP was going to declare 3 days ago but then lost support from their new allies and they ran like cowards.[/b] The reason there is 66 wars by IRON/TOP is because they're not even fighting, PB/DH is fighting for TOP. If PB/DH dropped support for TOP tomorrow, TOP would call a ceasefire and beg for white peace. TOP will never fight this war, only talk about how they did so well when someone else tries to roll Polar. If TOP was offended so much of getting "betrayed" by Polaris back then, then why didn't they declare 2 years ago and settle the issue?

EDIT: Polaris, Please fill out a new debt slip to TOP for 253,000 Tech this time... So they can call it an even 500,000.
[/quote]

"CSN : Deputy Minister of Defense & Foreign Affairs"

:mellow:

Haha, ouch.

It was funnier when TOP was going to declare 3 days ago but then lost support from their new allies and they ran like cowards.[/quote]
We never planned on declaring three days ago. Seems someone has gotten bad info.

[quote]If TOP was offended so much of getting "betrayed" by Polaris back then, then why didn't they declare 2 years ago and settle the issue?
[/quote]
Two years ago we had just finished fighting 23 alliances and we're currently paying our reparations. Kinda difficult to attack anyone under such circumstances.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1322302017' post='2852254']
We never planned on declaring three days ago. Seems someone has gotten bad info.

Two years ago we had just finished fighting 23 alliances and we're currently paying our reparations. Kinda difficult to attack anyone under such circumstances.
[/quote]a

Indeed, I remember we talked about hitting them while the war was still going on, but fighting XX, CnG & SF we were a wee bit busy. Then, as you say, afterward we have to rebuild and pay reps for about a year or so.

[quote name='AvengerNL' timestamp='1322300897' post='2852228']
Good time to get back to CN.

Let's go melt some more icebergs, then.
[/quote]
Nice to see you back! Hit me up on IRC if you can catch me!

It was funnier when TOP was going to declare 3 days ago but then lost support from their new allies and they ran like cowards. The reason there is 66 wars by IRON/TOP is because they're not even fighting, PB/DH is fighting for TOP. If PB/DH dropped support for TOP tomorrow, TOP would call a ceasefire and beg for white peace. TOP will never fight this war, only talk about how they did so well when someone else tries to roll Polar. If TOP was offended so much of getting "betrayed" by Polaris back then, then why didn't they declare 2 years ago and settle the issue?

[/quote]
Wait... so PB/DH are fighting for TOP? .... /me goes to check the DoWs. /me returns to see TOP, and IRON, neither of which are in PB or DH.
Could you explain your thought process on that one?

Edit: Caps for alliances.

Edited by Micheal Malone

TOP stepped on a land mine in Bipolar when it attacked CnG and I've always regarded that DoW as colossally stupid and unmerited. CnG may well have been preparing to attack TOP or it's then allies (I can't read their minds) and TOP may have though it was helping NpO (can't read their minds eirher) but the fact remains that at the time, the attack was aggressive and not related to any overt action by CnG. I was in one of the coordination channels at the time and TOP's move was seen by many there as an unnecessary mistake that would drag us all to our dooms.

I have to say that I personally agree with Polar in this. I don't really think TOP has a legitimate reason to blame NpO for i's foible. Additonally, Bipolar was two years ago and TOP should have either hit Polar long ago or dropped it.

And yes, I know you disagree with me so let's just agree to not agree and leave it at that.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1322300768' post='2852226']
Saying that, this whole "A paradoxian always pays his debts" saying Is just cringe worthy and you all should feel bad.
[/quote]

I don't know, it gives me renewed hope that Crymson will finally send that 300 tech he promised me. He being a Paradoxian and therefore assured to pay his debts and all.

[/quote]

aha
ahahaha
ahahaahahah
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Liz come save your Deputy Minister from embarrassing CSN any further!

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322302658' post='2852269']
I don't know, it gives me renewed hope that Crymson will finally send that 300 tech he promised me. He being a Paradoxian and therefore assured to pay his debts and all.
[/quote]

Lets hope so, It all has the reek of a poorly spoken Asian reading a off a A4 tech support sheet. I hope they get a new slogan soon.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322297764' post='2852184']
TOP made an idiotic move as the result of pinning their fate to another alliance just as they have always done, but this time they weren't able to cancel or ignore a treaty in time to save your own keester. Your mistake was your own, your reps and humiliation were at the hands of MK.
[/quote]
Um, if you were paying attention to 1) the bipolar war or 2) the name of the MK-TOP treaty you would realise that TOP will be pulling out of the war as soon as MK enters on their behalf. That is why there are only 66 declarations at present, TOP is preserving its nations so it can attack us alongside the NpO.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1322302481' post='2852265']
...but the fact remains that at the time, the attack was aggressive and not related to any overt action by CnG.
[/quote]
A fact conveniently forgotten not least by many who were CnG and expressed such outrage at the time.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1322303746' post='2852284']
A fact conveniently forgotten not least by many who were CnG and expressed such outrage at the time.
[/quote]

Some of the same people that were outraged at TOP/IRON's hit on C&G pre-emptively hit the NPO in a later war so their views on such matters are incredibly flexible.

The main issue of Bi-Polar was that TOP wanted to use the war underway to take C&G down and Grub, who despises TOP, saw a chance to trip TOP up. Both parties were happy to use the situation and their allies to achieve their goal. Grub won and TOP and Co have been pissed about it ever since. TOP/IRON were not victims in this, they were aggressors based on self-interest. Grub was a man with a grudge who saw a chance to indulge it and it cost him and his alliance a lot. I am sure he thinks it is worth it.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1322303746' post='2852284']
[/quote]

Yeah, I understand why CnG was pissed at TIFDTT, but it doesn't absolve Polaris of it's crimes against us. I don't think anyone really directly and fully blames Polaris for us having to pay reps (I know I don't), but we're pissed with them none-the-less and it's due to their actions. Just like how CnG was pissed with us, due to our actions. We had to suffer the consequences, now Polaris is suffer the consequences. I really do think they deserve a good flogging.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322304484' post='2852296']
Some of the same people that were outraged at TOP/IRON's hit on C&G pre-emptively hit the NPO in a later war so their views on such matters are incredibly flexible.

The main issue of Bi-Polar was that TOP wanted to use the war underway to take C&G down and Grub, who despises TOP, saw a chance to trip TOP up. Both parties were happy to use the situation and their allies to achieve their goal. Grub won and TOP and Co have been pissed about it ever since. TOP/IRON were not victims in this, they were aggressors based on self-interest. Grub was a man with a grudge who saw a chance to indulge it and it cost him and his alliance a lot. I am sure he thinks it is worth it.
[/quote]

This is exactly how I see it. And exactly how I explain it when the topic ever comes up. I was almost equally as annoyed at the time with the tactics TOP seemed determined to follow in where to deploy as the resulting NpO withdrawal. Neither alliance acted in a way that would of benefited the general war effort. Both of the alliances despite having many allies and indirect allies involved acted selfishly and for their own ends. I dont think I could trust either alliance leadership to act in the best interest of anything but themselves ever again and am quite pleased that they will now punch each other a few times.

GK