Tangier Union Legal Repository

The FSM

[b]The Tangier Agreement
A Treaty of Association and Confederation[/b]

[i]The Emirates of Tangier, Rabat, Tetouan and Larache come together in the interests of mutual security and benefit to agree to abide by the following contracts and stipulations for the formation of the Tangier Union.[/i]

[b]I. Political Status[/b]
By signing this agreement the Emirates of Tangier, Rabat, Tetouan and Larache, as well as any future signatories (hereafter referred to as SIGNATORIES) agree to cede limited sovereignty over their respective domains in order to allow for greater coordination of economic, security and foreign policy. The SIGNATORIES recognize that they are giving up their status as independent status and investing it in the greater Tangier Union. While they are no longer independent entities, the SIGNATORIES shall retain control over their respective domains free of interference from the central administration or other parties except in areas explicitly enumerated in this document or through separate and subsequent agreements.

[b]II. Political Organization[/b]
Governing authority shall be delegated by the SIGNATORIES to a central administration with the understanding that the central authority shall not infringe upon the sovereignty of their respective territories. The central administration shall be comprised of a single individual, designated by the SIGNATORIES, holding the title of Hakim, who will be responsible for executing the powers of said office and overseeing the collective affairs of the Union. The Hakim shall be supported and advised by a consultative council of advisers comprised of two members appointed by each of the SIGNATORIES. The SIGNATORIES shall retain their existing systems of government and under such authority retain purview over all matters not designated to the central authority.

[b]III. Economic Union[/b]
The central authority is hereby designated with the responsibility of establishing policies to coordinate a mutually beneficial economic climate for all SIGNATORIES. Further, the central authority is granted the responsibility of coordinating customs and tariff policies amongst the SIGNATORIES and establish plans for economic investment and development projects that span multiple SIGNATORIES. In order to maintain a stable and beneficent economic situation for all SIGNATORIES, the central authority may enact whatever economic, trade, fiscal, business, or otherwise commercial regulations and policies as may be needed to promote economic development and commercial growth between and among the SIGNATORIES as well as the world at large.

[b]IV. Monetary Union[/b]
The SIGNATORIES hereby agree to adopt the Dirham as the sole currency for all debts both public and private. The central authority shall be tasked with overseeing all monetary policy on behalf of the SIGNATORIES, and to this end shall establish a Division of Monetary Stability to control and implement all monetary policy. The Dirham shall be pegged to a basket of currencies containing the Athenian Euro, French Franc, UFE Yuan, TRG Gulden and the New Spanish Bancor. The DMS may alter the basket of currencies as the international situation dictates. The DMS is charged with managing the strength of the Dirham and is mandated to optimize the exchange rate for maximum growth potential.

[b]V. Security Cooperation[/b]
Maintenance and oversight of the various armed forces of the Union will be retained by the respective SIGNATORIES. In the event of extreme peril to the Union from external threat the central authority may declare a State of Siege and temporarily institute a central unified military command. This military command will last only for the duration of the State of Siege. The central administration will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating security matters related to the transit of people and goods between the SIGNATORIES and with the international community.

[b]VI. Accession of New SIGNATORIES[/b]
Independent political entities existing outside the current Union may accede to this Agreement and, with the approval of the existing SIGNATORIES and the central administration, join the Union as a full SIGNATORY. Full SIGNATORY status is only granted after successfully proceeding through a transition and compliance phase during which time the acceding party must demonstrate full compliance with the stipulations of the AGREEMENT and other relevant Union laws and regulations. Such a transition period will be overseen by representatives of the central administration and may be terminated at any time by the central administration if they determine the acceding party to be making insufficient progress in complying with all necessary agreements, the transition period shall be capped at ten years after which an acceding party which fails to fully comply with all relevant agreements will have its accession process terminated.

[b]VII. Amendment[/b]
This Agreement may be amended by a unanimous vote of the existing SIGNATORIES excluding any entities under temporary status or in the accession compliance process.

[b]VIII. Suspension[/b]
SIGNATORIES may be suspended from the terms of the AGREEMENT by a unanimous vote in favor by the SIGNATORIES and the central administration excluding the SIGNATORY in question.

[b]IX. Expulsion[/b]
SIGNATORIES may be expelled from the Union and removed from the AGREEMENT by unanimous vote in favor by the SIGNATORIES and the central administration excluding the SIGNATORY in question following a successful vote for suspension of a signatory under CLAUSE VIII. SUSPENSION and the conclusion of a formal investigation into the SIGNATORY in question by the central administration and a presentation of the aforementioned investigation to the other SIGNATORIES.

[i]Abdel Rahman Al Amer- November 8th, 2011[/i]
ABDEL RAHMAN AL AMER- SIGNED AND RATIFIED NOVEMBER 8TH, 2011
EMIR OF TANGIER

[i]Sulaiyman As Khaf- November 9th, 2011[/i]
SULAIYMAN AS KHAF- SIGNED AND RATIFIED NOVEMBER 9TH, 2011
EMIR OF RABAT

[i]Mohammed Bin A'amain- November 9th, 2011[/i]
MOHAMMED BIN A'AMAIN- SIGNED AND RATIFIED NOVEMBER 9TH, 2011
EMIR OF TETOUAN

[i]Anwar Boutaleb- November 9th, 2011[/i]
ANWAR BOUTALEB- SIGNED AND RATIFIED NOVEMBER 9TH, 2011
EMIR OF LARACHE