Looking for an alliance

jammar

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1322064252' post='2849736']
Let's see, we gain over 1.5 members a day, usually pass an alliance a day, and gain half a point of score most weeks.

Also, I'd throw some words into that post before you get warned.
[/quote]

How do you gain half a member? Is it someone who won't commit completely just yet? :P

Hey Jammer, join Deinos, an alliance that hasn't time and time again embarrassed ourselves on the national stage.

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1322071268' post='2849826']
So much this.

Its easy to claim that when you're so tiny I guess.
[/quote]

Hello! While your alliance is almost 2000 days old, Deinos is a little over 1/10th of that. Since September we have gained over 100 nations and more than doubled our score. Judging by the sliding numbers in the ASR and the weekly thread that pops up on how to get new players into this game, increasing our member count by 317% is actually the definition of fastest growing alliances!

NATO on the other hand has been mired in mediocracy for 4+ years now, showing no substantial growth. I bet that feels great eh?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1322078418' post='2849895']
Wow, really? Deinos, is over 250 days old, which at that rate would make you first in the rankings. Wow, you really are growing fast. Bravo.
[/quote]

What a brilliant retort. Your use of semantics to deflect his very relevant and valid rebuttal to your incorrect use of a stale meme is a testament to you and your sub-par alliance. Maybe you'll last more than a week next time!

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1322119065' post='2850346']
This isn't a dickwaving contest. We have about double your score... picking up a bunch of newbs every day because you monitor the DAN isn't impressive.
[/quote]

I wouldn't actually call this dick waving. We are in a recruitment thread defending facts and statistics that people generally look for when choosing an alliance. As for "picking up a bunch of newbs every day" are you being serious right now? Oh boy.

[quote name='megann' timestamp='1322279610' post='2851367']
How do you gain half a member? Is it someone who won't commit completely just yet? :P
[/quote]

Statistics!

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1322292597' post='2852100']
In all honesty though, anything coming from the mouth of an alliance themed with Dinosaurs can't be taken seriously. Let them have their midgets.
[/quote]

I... well... I guess this explains a lot?

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1322119065' post='2850346']This isn't a dickwaving contest. We have about double your score... picking up a bunch of newbs every day because you monitor the DAN isn't impressive.[/quote]

I'm just here to point out the fact that you're trashing the concept of recruiting in a thread about recruiting.

[quote name='Magister Agricolarum' timestamp='1322964972' post='2861272']
I'm just here to point out the fact that you're trashing the concept of recruiting in a thread about recruiting.
[/quote]
I'm not trashing recruiting. I'm trashing the fact that Deinos is so pathetic they feel the need to bring up "we're the fastest gainer" in every post in order to feel like one of the big boys. You try so hard I smile. Every single alliance that's been in your position has made that claim and few stand today. NATO actually focuses on growth and proper development more than recruiting a bunch of new kids every day. Yes, I understand there's some upper-tier nations in there. Congrats. You merged two micro alliances and have managed to be within half of a respectable score.

You guys remind me of an alliance I used to be fond of, The Ravyns. Their claim was the same as yours and they recruited their way to impressive numbers. However, due to horrible management and poor growth programs, within a year it was dead. It's happened time and time again and its probably what's happening to Deinos. Enjoy your year.

Edited by OrangeBeard

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1322969504' post='2861394']I'm not trashing recruiting. I'm trashing the fact that Deinos is so pathetic they feel the need to bring up "we're the fastest gainer" in every post in order to feel like one of the big boys. You try so hard I smile. Every single alliance that's been in your position has made that claim and few stand today. NATO actually focuses on growth and proper development more than recruiting a bunch of new kids every day. Yes, I understand there's some upper-tier nations in there. Congrats. You merged two micro alliances and have managed to be within half of a respectable score.

You guys remind me of an alliance I used to be fond of, The Ravyns. Their claim was the same as yours and they recruited their way to impressive numbers. However, due to horrible management and poor growth programs, within a year it was dead. It's happened time and time again and its probably what's happening to Deinos. Enjoy your year.[/quote]

Well, we've obviously been around long enough to irritate you to the extent that you've decided to subject us to the weight of your scorn, which is, I'm sure, considerable.

Yes, we are currently gaining members at a rapid pace. It's a nice gimmick to have, and something that we can bring up at cocktail parties! However, given that over half of our government members have been around since at least 2007 and have served in alliances all across Planet Bob, we do have a modicum of an idea about how alliances function (or don't).

Incidentally, growth through development programs and mass recruitment need not be mutually exclusive! Our researchers actually discovered this quite recently. Indeed, it was only last month that we discontinued our long-beloved practice of using aid chains! Of course, I was saddened to learn that the aid slot efficiency of our alliance, filled as it is with an average of 1.5 new members each day, is a relatively poor 38.7%, while the slot efficiency of your properly developed alliance checks in nearly 5% higher, an outstanding 43.6%. We are glad that you have taken it upon yourself to reach out and bless us with your council, so we can see the error of our ways.

I wish I were able to address your comment about "every single alliance that's been in [our] position", but sadly, I do not possess your encyclopedic knowledge. I'll have to take your word that every alliance that ever went through a period of highly successful recruiting has crashed, burned, and died a fiery death.

We are also appreciative of your insight into what is occurring inside of our alliance, and your kind wish that we enjoy our year (of which only three and a half months remain :( ).

[quote name='Magister Agricolarum' timestamp='1322975188' post='2861589']
Well, we've obviously been around long enough to irritate you to the extent that you've decided to subject us to the weight of your scorn, which is, I'm sure, considerable.

Yes, we are currently gaining members at a rapid pace. It's a nice gimmick to have, and something that we can bring up at cocktail parties! However, given that over half of our government members have been around since at least 2007 and have served in alliances all across Planet Bob, we do have a modicum of an idea about how alliances function (or don't).

Incidentally, growth through development programs and mass recruitment need not be mutually exclusive! Our researchers actually discovered this quite recently. Indeed, it was only last month that we discontinued our long-beloved practice of using aid chains! Of course, I was saddened to learn that the aid slot efficiency of our alliance, filled as it is with an average of 1.5 new members each day, is a relatively poor 38.7%, while the slot efficiency of your properly developed alliance checks in nearly 5% higher, an outstanding 43.6%. We are glad that you have taken it upon yourself to reach out and bless us with your council, so we can see the error of our ways.

I wish I were able to address your comment about "every single alliance that's been in [our] position", but sadly, I do not possess your encyclopedic knowledge. I'll have to take your word that every alliance that ever went through a period of highly successful recruiting has crashed, burned, and died a fiery death.

We are also appreciative of your insight into what is occurring inside of our alliance, and your kind wish that we enjoy our year (of which only three and a half months remain :( ).
[/quote]
Obviously you missed the point. You take yourselves oh so seriously, and then whenever backed into an argument, resort to ill advised exclamation marks and overwhelming sarcasm. Clearly that 2007 experience has worked its wonders on all of you. Since you obviously have missed the point, let me make it clear: every alliance has made the same claims you have, yet few have survived. The fact that you're the fastest growing alliance doesn't mean any more than GATO being the oldest surviving alliance.

If you are not one of the few, than history shows you have give-or-take three months. If not, congratulations, maybe one day you'll even be taken seriously. But for now, its just comical to see a dinosaur themed alliance shout "We're for real! We know what we're doing!"

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1322979513' post='2861854']Obviously you missed the point.[/quote]
Oh, you had one?

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1322980974' post='2861899']Out of curiousity, a dinosaur themed alliance is less serious than a Conan O'Brien themed persona because of...?[/quote]

Because that's all he could come up with on short notice, hush!

What makes me laugh is that this dude apparently thinks our entire alliance is dedicated only to recruiting and has no other sort of programs in place. I guess I can take solace in knowing that Deinos will never be as stale and burned out as NATO if we only have three months left.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1322980974' post='2861899']
Out of curiousity, a dinosaur themed alliance is less serious than a Conan O'Brien themed persona because of...?
[/quote]
Which is less serious than Kermit because... If you want to delve into why I picked that avatar, fine, but for the record my nation 'persona' isn't based on Conan.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1323017035' post='2862309']
What makes me laugh is that this dude apparently thinks our entire alliance is [b]dedicated only to recruiting and has no other sort of programs in place[/b]. I guess I can take solace in knowing that Deinos will never be as stale and burned out as NATO if we only have three months left.
[/quote]
I said Deinos focuses on that. From looking through alliance pages and skimming the aid charts, its pretty clear that the focus is building up membership. The fact that some nations (roughly half that I looked at) have not filled their aid slots and don't have coherent trade circles, either you have an amazing amount of ghosts, or the development of alliance members isn't a priority.

[quote name='Magister Agricolarum' timestamp='1322998604' post='2862146']
Oh, you had one?
[/quote]

Is this your idea of a retort, or can you not see my point? Maybe you do only have three months...