Republic of Rough 'N Ready

Suiza

Colorado had its work cut out for itself. America was the breeding ground for self-determination & the folk here weren't about to sit around and make an exception out of themselves to this rule. They wanted a say in the way things where done in these parts & by all means they were resolved to set their boot up on the world stage, if it took another revolution to do it. So with a will that could carve a moon out of a mountain, an old US Constitution reimagined, & a love of freedom as trusty as the family rifle - Colorado would be sovereign & independant. Its republic, rough & ready.

President Virgil Cole promptly signed the declaration, being the last man of the transitional congress to do so, setting the final bedrock in place while Vice President Marcus Hitch gave the verbal declaration to an international audience. What has been branded, "[i]The Great Secession[/i]", by VP Hitch has come by a peaceful transition apart from Portuguese protection over Coloroado.

"[i]Shes too fierce to not be free[/i]" stated President Cole, "[i]too proud to be protected!"[/i]

OOC: My friend, JEDCJT can confirm my claims

The Kingdom of Norway-Denmark recognises this nation and welcomes it to the world.

--------------------

[b]Private to Colorado[/b]

[quote][b]TO:[/b] The New government of Colorado
[b]FROM:[/b] General Ian Kennedy, COMINT
[b]SUB:[/b] Cheyenne Mountain

To whome it may concern,

At present, through an agreement with New Portugal, the Internation Brigades have been occupying the Cheyenne Mountain Facility and surrounding areas of Colorado Springs. We would be interested in continuing this agreement with your new government. I wish your new state luck and if you should ever require our assistance, you have but to ask.

General Ian Kennedy,
Commander of the International Brigades[/quote]

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

[quote]
[b]TO:[/b] General Ian Kennedy, COMINT
[b]FROM:[/b] Republic of Rough 'N Ready
[b]SUB:[/b] Cheyenne Mountain

By all means, the citizens of this here sovereign nation should like to see any & all foreign troops march right out or around our Republic. But if I may ask, what was the purpose of your troops being stationed in Cheyenne Mountain?

President Cole,
Chief Executive Officer of the Republic of Rough 'N Ready
[/quote]

[quote]
[b]TO:[/b] Republic of Rough 'N Ready
[b]FROM:[/b] General Ian Kennedy, COMINT
[b]SUB:[/b] RE: Cheyenne Mountain

President Cole,

The International Brigades have been untilizing Cheyenne Mountain as a base for many years. The primary purpose is to moniter goingons in the world and providing a base from which the International Brigades can operate. If you do wish us to leave, then we ask for time to locate a new base.

General Ian Kennedy,
Commander of the International Brigades
[/quote]