Justitia Hungers!

[center][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/CoJ/turkey_header.png[/IMG]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#A0522D"][size="7"]Justitia Hungers[/size]
[size="4"]Thanksgiving Feast Photo Contest[/size][/color][/font]

[i][indent]So then, just as you received Justitia, continue to live in Her, rooted and built up in Her, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Let the peace of Justitia rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.[/i][/indent][/center]

Now is the time when the fortunate among us gather around family, friends, or those dear to us, and give thanks for the blessings in our lives. We mirror these blessings with bountiful feasts, and the fullness of stomach is our fullness of life.

The Thanksgiving Table is a labor of love, and the fruits of the cook's labor are a source of pride. Are you a cook? Wednesday and Thursday will you be putting together your famous such-and-such, which you have mastered over the years and bring out on this most glorious day of feasting?

This year, Justitia's Cult invites all culinary-inclined rulers to an open contest. We intend to host a photo contest wherein you may submit your masterpieces; your golden turkeys, your perfect pies, your savory sides. We ask: Who's Thanksgiving cuisine will reign supreme?

To enter your turkey (or other centerpiece [i]entree[/i]), side dish, and/or dessert. Prizes will be awarded in tech, and entries will be judged by discerning Justitians.

To enter, we invite you to the [url="http://forums.coj-cn.co.cc"]Temple of Justice[/url]. Apply for a mask in the [url="http://forums.coj-cn.co.cc/index.php?board=4.0"]Foreign Guests[/url] section. Three threads will be open in our Gardens, one for turkeys, one for sides, and one for desserts. Entry period will run through Saturday. Winners will be recognized on the OWF after Monday.

We hope you'll come out for a good time and hopefully a good show (I've seen some freakish turkeys in my day, so it could be awful, who can say?) Spread the word to your members if you can, all are welcome.

I'll be over soon, I like hanging out on people's forums, also a great idea, I'm surprised more people don't do this for holidays, they're the best time to be around old friends and make new ones.
edit: sup.

Edited by Mogar

Where was I last year... dang it. I so want to do this but have NO time to mess with pics :(. I am smoking a brined turkey with apple/pecan wood with a roasted garlic butter and Rosemary, clove, allspice and hickory rub. I'm also doing a Banana Lush Dessert, a Pecan/Oatmeal crusted Apple Crisp, and a roasted garlic Mashed potatoes with Shaved Parmesan side. Everything else is fairly standard: Homemade Venison and Elk Meatballs smoothered in Chile, Pomegranite and cranberry sauce; relish plate with Kalamatas, garlic/brown sugar pickled Dills, Fresh made Naan and Pita Breads, and Roasted Red and Yellow pepper Garlic Hummus dip; A Sausage, Mushroom, Toasted walnut, Honeycrisp Apple and Sourdough Stuffing; and everyone's favorte Cream Cheese, Lump Crab, White Wine and Parmesan Mini Tarts.

Boring year for sure...

Good luck to the others!

Great Idea Shatt :) Keep up with the win! ;)

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1321927384' post='2848435']
Thanksgiving was over a month ago. :smug:
[/quote]
Thanksgiving in los Estados Unitos is Thursday. As they say around these parts, "This is 'Murricah, dammit!! Speak SPANISH already!!'

[quote name='deathcat' timestamp='1321941420' post='2848688']
Where was I last year... dang it. I so want to do this but have NO time to mess with pics :(. I am smoking a brined turkey with apple/pecan wood with a roasted garlic butter and Rosemary, clove, allspice and hickory rub. I'm also doing a Banana Lush Dessert, a Pecan/Oatmeal crusted Apple Crisp, and a roasted garlic Mashed potatoes with Shaved Parmesan side. Everything else is fairly standard: Homemade Venison and Elk Meatballs smoothered in Chile, Pomegranite and cranberry sauce; relish plate with Kalamatas, garlic/brown sugar pickled Dills, Fresh made Naan and Pita Breads, and Roasted Red and Yellow pepper Garlic Hummus dip; A Sausage, Mushroom, Toasted walnut, Honeycrisp Apple and Sourdough Stuffing; and everyone's favorte Cream Cheese, Lump Crab, White Wine and Parmesan Mini Tarts.
[/quote]

You realise I'm comin to your house Thurday, right???

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1322003409' post='2849310']
You realise I'm comin to your house Thurday, right???
[/quote]

Why not. I'm always catering large parties, so what's one more guest :) BYOB (Bring your own bib)

Also, I really stretched my talents today and made a pumpkin pie.... With hazelnut seasoning added to the usual Freshly grated clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and brown sugar seasonings... all with a side of fresh vanilla bean ice cream :P

I'm thinking of going to a Huckleberry & Rum Cream Pie tomorrow just for S & G's

oo/

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322096690' post='2850107']
Careful Deathcat I may be crawling through the window to get my own photos.
[/quote]

Based on the quote in your sig... I'll hide the chocolate, lock the windows and offer you a seat instead ;)