There comes a time..

bcortell

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1322250673' post='2851093']
3) Pork Shrimp [b]39 nations[/b], 32 active, 276,097 total ns, 7,079 avg ns, [b]39 in anarchy[/b]

Glad you guys are having fun.
I think everyone has been nuked two or three times by now lol.

Many appear to be turtling, considering their warchests. Interesting.
[/quote]
I didn't check myself but perhaps checking over the course of the day might be better. for instance, my nation may have looked like it was turtuling because I was attacked to the point where my troops got sent back and then nuked to zero. When I got a chance, I bought back everything.

I still have one more defensive slot left although with one defensive slot asking for peace so I can make it two. Come on people. Come at me. If you need me to grow to a certain NS, I'll certainly try. You can even massively down declare on me. I promise to go all out and throw everything including the kitchen sink (kitchen included) at you. Get my casualty count up!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol1: [quote]To: SteelCityBoss From: Schadenyaddayadda Date: 11/27/2011 12:04:44 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack
Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your nuclear missiles but were unable to locate any due to your hidden nuclear missile silos. In the attack your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has been publicly revealed.[/quote]

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321854270' post='2847864']
The four of us in charge...we're sick of flag running. We're more from the destruction side of the two-face PS has.

If OMFG wants the flag, maybe we can get all of PF in for a round. That'd be roughly half of TE. Even a monkey couldn't screw that one up.
[/quote]

You called?

Top 7 Day Biggest Alliance Gains

1) 40,565 Strength Change - Lafayette Escadrille

2) 18,095 Strength Change - Citadel

3) 17,540 Strength Change - Roman Empire

4) 9,046 Strength Change - Anonymous

5) 6,042 Strength Change - Stargate Command Alliance

Top 7 Day Smallest Alliance Gains

1) -316,477 Strength Change - Pork Shrimp

2) -97,509 Strength Change - Rodentia Dominatus

3) -73,637 Strength Change - Warriors

4) -47,814 Strength Change - Ordo Paradoxia

5) -42,922 Strength Change - The Hell Patrol

So either we at PS have no ability to war, which even the most butthurt people you can find in these 19 pages likely won't say, or maaaaaybe this was a bit harder than people gave us credit for. The alliance we hit hardest (RD) and the alliances that countered best (tW/THP) joined us. Meanwhile, Anonymous who was so very upset with us is actually featured on the GROWTH side. I myself had to buy a FSS to escape anarchy/NA long enough to declare 3 more wars, and my opponents now include guys over 3k infra, one over 2k infra, and a guy who had almost 100m saved. In short, those who think we're hiding from fights, I'd love for you to reiterate the reasoning.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1322382803' post='2853568']So either we at PS have no ability to war, which even the most butthurt people you can find in these 19 pages likely won't say, or maaaaaybe this was a bit harder than people gave us credit for. The alliance we hit hardest (RD) and the alliances that countered best (tW/THP) joined us. Meanwhile, Anonymous who was so very upset with us is actually featured on the GROWTH side. I myself had to buy a FSS to escape anarchy/NA long enough to declare 3 more wars, and my opponents now include guys over 3k infra, one over 2k infra, and a guy who had almost 100m saved. In short, those who think we're hiding from fights, I'd love for you to reiterate the reasoning.[/quote]
I'm at the point where I don't really care like arguing with you, and this will be all you get. I just don't care about you guys and am rapidly not caring much about CN in general. You will not convince me that this was such a great thing for US. Right now my nations are getting nuclear rogued on again from other alliances and most the nations we'd have used to help defend them are still in nuclear anarchy or broke and in nuclear effects. You guys $%&@ed us, so I think $%&@ you is the right answer.

I think you guys showed very poor sportsmanship in this stupid game. Your NAP with LE just screwed over everyone else. You can talk all you want about the wars you took and ignore that you all have massive enough warchests - after sitting around for 5 weeks - that you can build right back up again. Many of you are just waiting to get out of effects or anarchy to do so. The rest of us don't have that option. Fact: You ran away from harder wars than the ones you took.

Edit: Your war reminds me an awful lot of this war here.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99588&st=0
Oh how the tables turn.

Edited by Clash

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1322404404' post='2853718']
I'm at the point where I don't really care like arguing with you, and this will be all you get. I just don't care about you guys and am rapidly not caring much about CN in general. You will not convince me that this was such a great thing for US. Right now my nations are getting nuclear rogued on again from other alliances and most the nations we'd have used to help defend them are still in nuclear anarchy or broke and in nuclear effects. You guys $%&@ed us, so I think $%&@ you is the right answer.

I think you guys showed very poor sportsmanship in this stupid game. Your NAP with LE just screwed over everyone else. You can talk all you want about the wars you took and ignore that you all have massive enough warchests - after sitting around for 5 weeks - that you can build right back up again. Many of you are just waiting to get out of effects or anarchy to do so. The rest of us don't have that option. Fact: You ran away from harder wars than the ones you took.

Edit: Your war reminds me an awful lot of this war here.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99588&st=0
Oh how the tables turn.
[/quote]
1. Not all of your war plans will get to be played out. People get hit before they plan to hit a lot. Stop crying about it, though Clash. Really? You're really going to cry about getting hit?

2. LE hit us, so you're off base there.

3. Yep, my WC should be enough to buy nukes daily, buy planes when needed, and pay bills for the last few days (along with troops and tanks). When we're warring for 12 days straight, we came prepared.

4. The difference in that war and this is the point in the round they were declared. We're declaring at the end of the round. And while you want to whine about it, what we're doing isn't entire different than a normal end of the round. They hit us about a third into the round, pretty much wrecking our chances of doing anything for the rest of the round. Why am I even debating this? We've already said how they are different, and you continue to be an idiot ignoring everything.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1322412206' post='2853788']
1. Not all of your war plans will get to be played out. People get hit before they plan to hit a lot. Stop crying about it, though Clash. Really? You're really going to cry about getting hit?

2. LE hit us, so you're off base there.

3. Yep, my WC should be enough to buy nukes daily, buy planes when needed, and pay bills for the last few days (along with troops and tanks). When we're warring for 12 days straight, we came prepared.

4. The difference in that war and this is the point in the round they were declared. We're declaring at the end of the round. And while you want to whine about it, what we're doing isn't entire different than a normal end of the round. They hit us about a third into the round, pretty much wrecking our chances of doing anything for the rest of the round. Why am I even debating this? We've already said how they are different, and you continue to be an idiot ignoring everything.
[/quote]
1. By your definition you guys cried like babies in the thread I posted. A lot worse than I have by far.
2. Yeah, a couple of their nations hit you, FINALLY. Congrats. Good to see on their parts.
3. Oh I'm sure it is. You had plenty of time to build it, unlike many of those you attacked, and who will have been warring for a lot longer than that.
4. One difference doesn't make for all the similarities. Here's another difference: When you hit alliances that are at war or had no chance to recover from a war, you say they cry about it. When someone else does it to you, you cry like begging puppies. Like that one?

how many of your AA's nations even got hit? c'mon now.

anywhoo, end round rouges/chaos is par for the course, people acting like something new.

would it make people feel better if we said our reasons for this is that we have a flag runner aiming for the win? people seem to accept that in previous rounds quite easily.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1322414222' post='2853810']
1. By your definition you guys cried like babies in the thread I posted. A lot worse than I have by far.
2. Yeah, a couple of their nations hit you, FINALLY. Congrats. Good to see on their parts.
3. Oh I'm sure it is. You had plenty of time to build it, unlike many of those you attacked, and who will have been warring for a lot longer than that.
4. One difference doesn't make for all the similarities. Here's another difference: When you hit alliances that are at war or had no chance to recover from a war, you say they cry about it. When someone else does it to you, you cry like begging puppies. Like that one?
[/quote]
Yes, because that was a lot different than this. THIS IS THE END OF THE ROUND, Clash. Stop being a !@#$%* and deal with it. We're not trying to keep tW or any other AA ZI'ed for a round like they were.

We have planned to war for 12 days. You guys were complaining about the first two days without looking at the rest of the war. It was amateurish and just making excuses so you and everyone else could cry.

My WC is between $20M and $30M right now. Here are the guys I hit this round (minus DM, who I'm sure has a large WC):
[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of ChessLand. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Jainism
Desired Government: Federal Government
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 11/27/2011 12:32:29 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 11/26/2011
Total Money: $99,151,707
Technology: 276.96 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 11/27/2011 12:05:48 AM
Trade Partners: hodor, Andromeda, Bear Cradle, Underwater, Beerica
Total Aircraft: 19
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 84
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 30
Navy Purchases Today: 8
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 8
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0

Although the mission was a success your spies were caught, 20 spies were killed, and your identity has been publicly revealed. [/quote]

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Beerica. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Norse
Desired Government: Federal Government
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 550
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Total Money: $32,645,053
Technology: 411.05 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 11/26/2011 12:03:55 AM
Trade Partners: Bear Cradle, ChessLand, Underwater, hodor, Andromeda
Total Aircraft: 67
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 478
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 40
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Battleships: 0
Submarines: 6
Aircraft Carriers: 9

Although the mission was a success your spies were caught, 20 spies were killed, and your identity has been publicly revealed. [/quote]

Here is Darth's, who Jack hit:
[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Annihilatus. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Norse
Desired Government: Revolutionary Government
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 11/27/2011 12:02:54 AM
Total Money: $38,492,208
Technology: 517.74 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 11/26/2011 11:15:20 AM
Trade Partners: freedom, Stormtown, Purgatory, Barbapapa, Khanilingus
Total Aircraft: 85
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 738
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 6
Navy Purchases Today: 8
Navy Vessels:
Battleships: 0
Submarines: 9
Aircraft Carriers: 9

Stop crying about WC's, Clash. You're being a baby and showing that you and/or your AA can't keep a WC after one round of war.

[quote name='Vukland' timestamp='1322374942' post='2853474']
:lol1:
[/quote]

If it hasn't already been established that I'm not very bright: I'm not very bright. Had two opponents, both running out of nukes...forgot that yours were the ones that were HNMS'd. :P

Yes, I know I'm already known to be stupid.
BUT! I liked this post anyways and it should stand on it's own lol:

--

I think the difference between crying and presenting the truth is a matter of perspective.

If we had not fought back, then I think we would have been crying. However, you guys have gone out of your way to point out how well he Warriors did in response, getting in several wars before update. I had five PS wars of my own, and a defensive slot y'all refused to fill. I know that I never saw three of the five nations I warred with have soldiers after about the first day or so of the war - nor did they ground attack me. I did not cry when I warred, nor have I here.

One person's garbage is another person's treasure, all that happy crap right? I was just looking back through some of the quotes from the other thread. I don't have to say anything more at all really, just let others speak for me:

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1299623835' post='2657081']
Wait, so let me see if I got this.

RE and Synergy were going to declare on PS and OP ~8-9 days ago in what would have been an even war then, but before they could, OP declared on TPC and GR declared on PS.

So instead of finding a new target, RE/Synergy just sat around accumulating nukes and stocking up their warchests, while PS defended itself in nuclear war against an attack from a larger alliance.

After 9 days of RE/Synergy stocking up, and 9 days of PS fighting to their last dollar, and literally minutes, minutes after the war ended, knowing full well that PS had no slots, you guys went through with your initial plan.

8-9 days ago, this would have been a good fight, but attacking an alliance that has no offensive slots to retaliate against you, is still fending off attacks from the previous war, and just ate 17 nukes, is just cowardice at its finest.
[...]
Dude, I've been been fighting 5-6 wars at a time with the biggest nations GR had for the past 9 days straight, and you've been sitting around stocking up your cash and nukes, and then you blindside me, can't even anarchy me without an assist from a Gay Roller we are supposed to be at peace with, and you want to come in here and puff your chest out.

You needed the playing field stacked that far in your favour to put a dent in me, and now you want to talk trash like you accomplished something.

Pathetic.[/quote]
To be fair: I agreed with Jack then, it wasn't crying then, nor was it crying this round when I and others have basically pointed out the same things. I am consistent, are you? How many alliances does this politics summary apply to in Round 19? Nitpick at it all you want, but I feel I'm solid. What's most hilarious: In Round 19, the role of Jack Shepard is played by NeoGandalf lol. Nobody had that guy in the pre-round company office pool. NOBODY.

The really ironic thing to me:
I think RE and PS have switched roles in a lot of ways this round, not just this example.
I dunno how seriously y'all take all this. Geez, chill.

Just have your fun :)

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1322488614' post='2854809']
Yes, I know I'm already known to be stupid.
BUT! I liked this post anyways and it should stand on it's own lol:

--

I think the difference between crying and presenting the truth is a matter of perspective.

If we had not fought back, then I think we would have been crying. However, you guys have gone out of your way to point out how well he Warriors did in response, getting in several wars before update. I had five PS wars of my own, and a defensive slot y'all refused to fill. I know that I never saw three of the five nations I warred with have soldiers after about the first day or so of the war - nor did they ground attack me. I did not cry when I warred, nor have I here.

One person's garbage is another person's treasure, all that happy crap right? I was just looking back through some of the quotes from the other thread. I don't have to say anything more at all really, just let others speak for me:

To be fair: I agreed with Jack then, it wasn't crying then, nor was it crying this round when I and others have basically pointed out the same things. I am consistent, are you? How many alliances does this politics summary apply to in Round 19? Nitpick at it all you want, but I feel I'm solid. What's most hilarious: In Round 19, the role of Jack Shepard is played by NeoGandalf lol. Nobody had that guy in the pre-round company office pool. NOBODY.

The really ironic thing to me:
I think RE and PS have switched roles in a lot of ways this round, not just this example.
I dunno how seriously y'all take all this. Geez, chill.

Just have your fun :)
[/quote]

Again, name names if people are turtling. The idea of this war was for complete destruction, so I'd love to know who's turtling if there's such an instance. Especially if it's as pervasive as you're indicating.

Regarding Jay's post and the differences: One was a month into the round. This one is with 12 days left. One was against two alliances, OP/PS who probably had about 60-70 nations total, this one was against upwards of 300. Those are the two things you and I disagree strongly on here. The timing of the war(s) and the actual number of opponents.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1322493754' post='2854847']Again, name names if people are turtling. The idea of this war was for complete destruction, so I'd love to know who's turtling if there's such an instance. Especially if it's as pervasive as you're indicating.

Regarding Jay's post and the differences: One was a month into the round. This one is with 12 days left. One was against two alliances, OP/PS who probably had about 60-70 nations total, this one was against upwards of 300. Those are the two things you and I disagree strongly on here. The timing of the war(s) and the actual number of opponents.[/quote]
I posted all the names already, and their warchests. It wasn't Schad, of course.

I call self-fulfilling prophecy. You waited around for 5 weeks in order for it to become 12 days left in the round, while everyone else that you attacked had warred at least once - in some cases, twice - and in other cases were STILL at war. Reminds me a lot of what Jack said. I know I spent many more days in nuclear anarchy than you did during this time. This is important stuff to those you attacked, just as it was to Jack back then - just not to you, this time, as we've been repeatedly told. Likewise, how many nations you end up warring matters only to you. Who was it you chose NOT to war? The toughest nations in the game. The nations most likely to have warchests to match your own.

So basically you're claiming this was a great idea because of how many people you hit and who hit you back - even if those hitting you back were generally lower in ns and warchest, and the ones you hit were more often than not, either just out of war just still in them. Many of your nations go right back where they were before the first round of wars - and few of your targets will. After all, you took five weeks off to set up for a war that they did not. Kind of seems like a bit of a stacked deck to me.

I fought every day, every attack I could. This is not crying.
Just my opinion of course.

Edited by Clash

I'm currently fighting two TPC nations with massive warchests and Wes. I don't have intel on Wes, but judging by the amount stolen, he's got a ton too. Let's not pretend only PS/LE had WCs left. If you turtle and had easier wars than our first ones against Anon and RE you could easily have more money than we did. Even going back to my first three offensive opponents, two had over 20m, one over 30m. One was completely broke, and after some conversing with him I didn't even attack him the last 2-3 days. If I could've gotten out of NA I would've found someone else. Now I've got three counters on me, all of whom have as much or more money than I do currently in addition to the aforementioned 3 new targets.

Again, I'm not arguing whether or not this is the "best" course of action for PS. It's a fluid term. As mentioned, I wanted to hit the top 60 nations period (LE included) and got outvoted, cest la vie; however, I firmly believe it wasn't a bad call in terms of how good of a fight we would get.

I'm curious, how do you think this would've been received if we hit the top 60 w/ LE. It would've meant, iirc, 13 LE nations being warred (half their alliance), but it would also include another 47 nations.

edit: completely missed the stacked deck comment. If the deck is so stacked why has PS lost 300k NS in 7 days while TPC, RE, and Anon (3 of the top 4 highest totals of wars we initiated) in the top 7 day gains? Hell, RE and WAPA actually match our ANS right now. We wanted destruction and we're getting destruction. PS no longer even has a nation in the top 20 to my knowledge, and many of us (at least 8 I know of) are basically budgeted out to go broke in the next 3-4 days.

Edited by Cellardoor

My warchest isn't going to last much longer. Though it really doesn't have too.

I was able to maintain roughly 40 mil throughout the entire TPC conflict on average and basically kept it so I could make a difference at the end of the round, like I am doing now. It's a shame we couldn't cause ChessTyrant more damage then what we could have, I knew he had a massive warchest and we couldn't seem to pry it out of him. :(

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1322508502' post='2855006']
My warchest isn't going to last much longer. Though it really doesn't have too.

I was able to maintain roughly 40 mil throughout the entire TPC conflict on average and basically kept it so I could make a difference at the end of the round, like I am doing now. It's a shame we couldn't cause ChessTyrant more damage then what we could have, I knew he had a massive warchest and we couldn't seem to pry it out of him. :(
[/quote]

Lol, it's my turn to try to do so. I wouldn't call it the most effective attempt ever...but still.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1322427199' post='2853972']
If it hasn't already been established that I'm not very bright: I'm not very bright. Had two opponents, both running out of nukes...forgot that yours were the ones that were HNMS'd. :P
[/quote]

Hate it when that happens... Here I'm thinking I could spy away a nuke then I see that they have a HNMS :(

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1322427199' post='2853972']
[/quote]

It's all good Schad. I am toast anyhow.