A discussion on saved stats

Centurius

As many of you know in the past rp'ers used to be able to save the statistics in a cnrp database so in the event of an in-game war they were able to use their old stuff. This was removed due to the large amount of players in the community and its apparent unfairness, however right now we have seen two major wars since the removal, each of these wars had the result that active players left CNRP or went inactive because of their much weaker state. With a map filled with white and a serious need to keep rp'ers in a game that is losing players fast I would propose that we reintroduce saved stats, though on more stricter regulation and a more transparent system.

Basically what I would propose is that players can post their infrastructure, technology level and military numbers(the publicly visible totals) in a thread maintained by a GM or a volunteer. Each submission would be checked by the thread starter and if correct added to the list which will also be public. An alternative could be requiring a screenshot to be posted where important parts as the amount of money and spies can be hidden.

Basically as I said I feel this could keep people focused on CNRP even if hit hard in a war and thus result in more players staying.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember what view I may have had in the past but right now I don't see any problem with saved stats, after all whilst many have pointed out that this is cybernations roleplay we all do seem to focus more on the roleplay side than the cybernations side. As long as no one finds some way to abuse this then I don't see why we can't go ahead with saved stats.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1321840127' post='2847713']
I still don't understand. So you loose your IG stats if you reroll to another nation and never get them back?
[/quote]
If you have saved stats and reroll while they're saved, you must start your new nation to reflect your IG losses.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1321839798' post='2847709']
I don't think I ever experienced Saved Stats and I don't completely understand what they are. Can someone explain them a little more, and how this can hurt smaller players before I make a vote?

Also I don't think that is the main reason why people leave CNRP... But that is just my opinion.
[/quote]

Well you haven't been here in the wake of a global war yet either so haven't experienced the exodus that follows most of them ;)

Basically saved stats allowed you to continue in your rp nation with certain numbers without regard for what happened in cn. So say you can have 500,000 soldiers in rp but due to a war your ability gets beat down to 100,000. Then you could still rp 500,000 soldiers under the saved stats. Same with technology and such.

To the people claiming it only benefits large nations, this in the current cn is a false statement. The highest cnrp tier generally has warchests to rebuild to the point it was. The lower and middle tiers generally lack proper warchests and have put all money on development. So in a war while the highest tier rebuilds to a comfortable point the lower and middle tiers will be saving for every level of infra.

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1321840353' post='2847718']
Well you haven't been here in the wake of a global war yet either so haven't experienced the exodus that follows most of them ;)

Basically saved stats allowed you to continue in your rp nation with certain numbers without regard for what happened in cn. So say you can have 500,000 soldiers in rp but due to a war your ability gets beat down to 100,000. Then you could still rp 500,000 soldiers under the saved stats. Same with technology and such.

To the people claiming it only benefits large nation, this in the current cn is a false statement. The highest cnrp tier generally has warchests to rebuild to the point it was. The lower and middle tiers generally lack proper warchests and have put all money on development. So in a war while the highest tier rebuilds to a comfortable point the lower and middle tiers will be saving for every level of infra.
[/quote]

Thanks for replying with more then one sentence, I appreciate that. So from what I understand you can keep the amount of troops you had at the peek of your nation?

If that is the case, I don't really care which way this goes. Although the larger nations can rebuild faster in the long run, if I understood you correctly, then smaller nations can still get back to their original point and if they don't quickly it is because they didn't have a good warchest - thus making it their fault.

If that is all correct, then I don't mind but because I do not completely know all of the consequences of this I will give a [b]Null Vote[/b].

Thanks for the explanation Cent.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1321840896' post='2847721']
Thanks for replying with more then one sentence, I appreciate that. So from what I understand you can keep the amount of troops you had at the peek of your nation?

If that is the case, I don't really care which way this goes. Although the larger nations can rebuild faster in the long run, if I understood you correctly, then smaller nations can still get back to their original point and if they don't quickly it is because they didn't have a good warchest - thus making it their fault.

If that is all correct, then I don't mind but because I do not completely know all of the consequences of this I will give a [b]Null Vote[/b].

Thanks for the explanation Cent.
[/quote]

Your welcome and some further clarification, it not only counts for troop numbers but that was an example. It would be valid for any kind of unit, from technology to soldiers, to aircraft, etc. as long as you do not reroll you wouldn't need to rp losses.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1321844107' post='2847732']
Maybe we could introduce *partial* stats saving, like 50% of your peak, so that if someone gets beaten literally to a bloody pulp they'll still have somewhat reasonable statistics.
[/quote]

This seems like a reasonable compromise, hell even 25% could give people a bit to work on. Or even just a hard cap for bigger nations. Certainly nations collapse frequently enough but it's pretty rare that they undergo apocalyptic events out of the blue. However I did well enough in explaining my nations massive decline, others certainly can too.

To be honest though I don't feel strongly either way. Just saving stats exactly as they were is obviously advantageous to large, pre-established nations. On the other hand, CNRP is politically divorced from standard CN, perhaps the consequences of CN politics should be divorced as well?

Edited by Shan Revan

Strongly against Saved Stats. CNRP is ultimately based on CN and the knocks and gains we have for our CN nations should reflect in our CNRP nations. Saved Stats wont prevent a person from RPing an increase in numbers if his nation IG gets an increase in stats so why should the reverse be true?

The dynamic of RPing consequences of incidents in the Cybernations game is what makes CNRP a bit more challenging. I know. I have RPd losses myself too.I once went from a 7800 infra nation to a 2000 infra nation over the course of a major war. I RPd my losses and I RPd clawing my way back.

As someone else said, people want to bring saved stats especially when there are chances that the pixels they have built up have a chance of getting lost. That is inherently unfair. The biggest concession we can give to any warring parties is that for the duration of their IG battles, that is when their IG nations are actually in a war, they need not RP the changes.

And no, I do not believe that it is the need to reflect loss in stats due to wars that cause people to die off in CNRP.