Shields of the East

Triyun

Angelika fell forward on her face as the monk stepped out of the way. Rolling across the ground and watching as her enemy ran towards Jessika still writhing on the ground. "No! Get away from her!"

Jessika looked up herself and put out her hand and then it felt as though the energy of the countryside was sucked out of the very air. As the monk came to strike her, he collided with an equally strong barrier as he had crafted himself. In a moment, the monk was thrown back towards where Angelika and Rhee lay weak against the ground. Jessika's eyes opened in wonder, though her body still shook from the pain in her mind. The incredible amount of mental power had unlocked her own mind, rather painfully, but dormant sections of the young Austrian's brain fired forth with neurological power.

She felt back to the ground breathing heavily, sweat rolling down her head. "It's them, their energy is making my brain boil. Something's reacting Angelika, it hurts so bad."

With the monk thrown back, Angelika jumped up and plowed into him with her shoulder tackling him to the ground. Her aim wasn't to kill him, but if it was her only chance, then with vibroblade in hand would cut his throat. "This is all just too weird."

Rhee felt a wave of red energy slam into him, sending him back into the flames of the burning yurt behind him. [i]This wasn't good.[/i] he thought as he moved up, he felt the rage slowly overtaking his body. He was nearly at the maximum which he could assert full control, and he certainly didn't want to leave Angelika solo, with her apprentice injured dealing with both him as a berserker and these two.. whatever the $%&@ these two were.

As he got up, he felt himself become more and more powerful. He'd have to win this fight quickly before he could lose control. Then it happened. The monk was throne backwards from Jessika's power.

[i]What the hell?[/i] he thought. But there was no sense looking a gift horse in the mouth. Following in on Angelika's attack, he pounced on the one which Jessika attacked, breaking through his barrier and slamming him to the ground.

With luck, both he and Angelika had managed to subdue two of them. "Its time to start talking." Rhee said.
"What the hell have you done with this girl to start?" he demanded

The man smiled, "She is one with the way, you are not. You would not understand!"

Rhee slammed him up against a tree, "Enough with the riddles. You will answer our questions!"

Edited by Triyun

Jessika pushed herself up from the ground, wiping the sweat and tears off of her brow and out of her eyes. "The pain's gone. What happened?"

Angelika looked up from holding the monk against the ground and chuckled. "We have a lot to talk about when we get back to Mount Song, just saying."

"What the hell have you done with this girl to start?" Rhee demanded.

The man smiled, "She is one with the way, you are not. You would not understand!"

"The Way?" Angelika narrowed her eyes, scanning her memory for the little of Chinese and Oriental culture she understood. She had heard him mention as the battle was taking place that the monks knew the true power of the Dao, which translated to Western Thinking as 'The Way'. "Are you saying-"

"Whether she knows it or not, the Dao has already made itself known to her." The monk said, being choked. "We will not fight a potential adept."

"Jessika?" Angelika looked up curiously at her apprentice. "What's going on, how were you able to do that?"

"I...I...I'm not sure. It just happened."

Rhee looked at the man, "This something you just discovered?" he asked. "No offense but to suddenly find the way right now seems a bit odd don't you think? What is really going on?" he demanded.

The man sneered, "Such barbarity from a filthy creature." the monk exclaimed. "You do not understand the true path, you are an abomination of technology. Like the White Demon!"

"White Demon?" Rhee said his eyes becoming curious. "What is that?" he demanded.

"The White Demon kidnapped us, it was only when the Master came to set us free and reveal the ways of the Dao to us, that we were saved. You keep this adept as your prisoner, you smell of the white demon's stench." the man said. "I... I won't go back I will destroy you!" he yelled.

Suddenly a massive wave was hurled towards Rhee and Angelika slamming them into a wall.

"Brother do not, we can't harm another adept!" the other yelled.

The man who had just attacked Rhee and Angelika turned, his eyes brimming with anger, "No no!" he yelled, "They stink of the white demon they must die!" he yelled. He again seemed to be attacking in a berserk.

Jessika watched as her compatriots were thrown off their attackers and into collapsed yurts on the other side of the room. The moment this happened, the pain which had come when their party had first been attacked returned, this time it was much worse, feeling as though her entire head was bursting at the eyes. She could just barely see the man through the blur in her vision, his feet beating against the ground as he came towards her. Jessika held her head with both hands, trying to concentrate on the monk, trying to make the pain go away. Tears rolled down her cheeks, followed by trickles of blood that ran from her eyes. "No...please, make it stop. Make it stop! Leave me alone!"

She screamed this at the top of her lungs and the energy that pulsed through the small region was incredible. The monk's barrier that surrounded him as he attacked the young girl imploded in on itself and with him inside it, the aftermath was a grotesque explosion of body parts and blood, everyone felt a wind of energy pass through them, like the worst ringing sound in one's ears. When it ended, an eerie silence fluttered in over the valley and Jessika, standing alone in the middle of the abandoned village dropped to her knees and then face first to the ground, blood still trickling down her eyes.

Angelika stood up slowly, having watched all these events transpire. She ran over to the fallen knight while Rhee went to the monk. Looking down at the young girl's face, the Princess sighed. "Christ, she doesn't look good. Rhee, we're going to have to get out of here soon." Then getting to her feet, "But first, you're coming with us," she said pointing to the monk. "I want to know about this 'White Demon' thing and what's going on with our friend here. You don't cry blood because everything's right with the world."

"The White Demon... only he knows..." the man said. He seemed to be shell shocked from the experience of the attack. "She... she is... she is one of the ones who can hear the song... the song of the way." he said. "I can hear it now... I can hear it go... but no!"

Rhee held the man up, pressing his transformation as hard as he could without losing control he slammed the man into the side of a tree. Moving his face in to maximize the intimidation he snarled, "Who... is... the... white... demon!" he demanded.

"The one vanquished by the master... he awakened the way in all of us! But now... he is gone... the song fades. Only the master can bring it back." the man blabbered.

Rhee threw him to the ground, "I grow tired of this!" he yelled. "Start talking."

"No no talk!" he said. The monk slowly began to glow red, his body expanded as he was levitated from the ground. He looked at Jessika, "You, you know the path back to the true path! GIVE IT TO ME!" he proclaimed.

Bursting towards Jessika, he seemed possessed with unholy speed. "GIVE ME THE SECRET!"

With Jessika still unconscious in Angelika's arms, the Princess heard the shout and jumped up to watch the monk spearhead towards her. Untraceable energy flew all through the valley as the monk neared where the Princess stood were her apprentice. Though, surprised as she was, Angelika was possessed by a strange calmness in watching her enemy fly towards where she stood. It was the calmness a mother gets when a child is in danger and she swore that nothing was going to happen to Jessika. Pulling out her pistol, Angelika aimed it at the monk's head as he prepared to take the girl out of the Princess' hands. There was a bang and then the valley seemed to collapse upon itself as all the chaotic energy came to an abrupt halt and the monk fell to the ground, blood running down from his head.

With a heavy sigh, Angelika put the pistol back into her holster and looked at Rhee. Their surroundings were a mess, flames still flying up from the yurts and mangled body parts all over the ground. "Those monks must have done this, the same way Jessika did to that !@#$%^& over there." She said pointing to the pool of scattered blood. "We need to get back to Mount Song, she needs immediate care." Looking back down at Jessika's body, the Princess shook her head. The blood had stopped trickling down her face and the girl seemed to have entered a state of bliss somewhere off in her dreamscape. "She looks so peaceful and that's the reason I'm worried."

Lifting the girl up and standing on her feet, Angelika began walking towards the APC at the top of the hill. "C'mon, you have to drive. We don't have time to stay here, but we'll have to come back. I want to find out about this White Demon and what they did to Jessika."

"Right." Rhee said. He hopped into the driver's seat of the vehicle. Turning it around he floored vehicle, it kicked up dust on the road as he drive away from the village. Picking up the radio he called in. "This is Dragon 4, this is Dragon 4, request chopper evac in sector 8, proceeding to point zulu. Be advised, medivac is required." he said.

"Roger that." the voice said. "Medivac is in bound."

Rhee turned to Angelika who was seated propped up in the back over Jessika, "We have a chopper in bound, I'm proceeding to the rendevous point. How are her vitals?" he asked concerned.

"This whole thing is wacky. It sounds like super soldier serum wasn't the only thing our friend Ming was doing. What do you want to bet White Demon, means albino creepy mad scientist in crazy?" Rhee said.

He frowned, "What kind of messed up wierdo do you have to be to just keep using people as guinea pigs."

Edited by Triyun

Angelika sat in her armor at the infirmary of the base at Mount Song. The moment they had gotten back from the village, assistants had taken Jessika to the hospital wing, injected her with more medicines than the Princess could count and then laid her down to bed. Now only the sound of the heart machine could be heard, it's steady beeps keeping Angelika alert and awake, even though all she wanted to do was sleep. The last fight was wearing her down, Ming was involved, Rhee had deduced that much, but as to what he was planning, what he had done to those monks, what had happened to Angelika, she was completely in the dark. She sat disheveled, her hair out of place, dried blood on her lips and cheeks, dirt caked on her hands and in her nose. "Hell, we might as well give up."

"Now don't say that."

Angelika turned at the voice and then sneered. "No one asked you Theresia." She said putting her head in her hands. "You weren't there and you don't know what's going on."

"I read the report, I think I can follow." The Empress said, proudly walking into the room. "Is the girl okay?"

"Jessika? Yeah, she'll be fine. Something happened out there. They were in her head."

Theresia smirked. "I heard it was the other way around, she was in their heads. Listen, Angelika, If you don't want me to butt into your business, that's all well and good. I'll leave. But you're not cutting off your family, you're all I have left. Magda...."

The Princess finally looked up. "I'm going to bring her back here one day, we can get her the proper treatment. I want to see it done myself."

"Anyways, there's something Ryu wants to talk to you about. He said it was urgent, I was on my way up to talk to you anyways, but he asked I tell you to go down. I can watch Jessika in the meantime."

"Okay." Angelika nodded and took Theresia's shoulder. "Thank you, I'm sorry I'm always such a !@#$%*."

She laughed, "You've always been one, it's nothing new."

---

Arriving downstairs in the conference room, Angelika walked and crossed her arms. "Theresia said you wanted to see me?"

Ryu looked up from sharpening his dagger on a japanese water stone as Angelika entered into the room. "Princess... I was sorry to here of your apprentice." Ryu said attempting to be sympathetic, his reserved Japanese demeanour was clearly evident as he was uncomfortable showing emotion. Looking up dipping the blade into water and then shaking it off before he wiped it clean with a rag.

"I am sorry to say though that duty once again calls, this time in the far north. Chakri and Rhee have already left for Alaska, and we're to catch the next plane to the North Slope Frontier Base." he said. Ryu got up picked up several documents.

"As you know we do maintain some policy of monitoring non-state actors that are a threat to both our and others national security. The Imperator is not a fan of these groups. Recently we've noticed an increase of activity on our OTH monitoring station which surveys the Arctic Circle. Its centered around those wack jobs that used to fashion themselves templars. I'm not sure exactly what they are up to, but we've been asked to go in and do a recon. This is going to be a bit of a testy mission. We'll be going in under the radar and with little support from the regular military. You think you are ready for it right now?" Ryu asked her with concern but also a tinge of arrogance on his face.

She sighed and turned her head from Ryu and leaned up against the wall. "Do you get paid to say that? About the mission being hard because it sounds so damn cliche. Anyways, yes, I'll be fine. I've had my fair share of Alpine Winters so I don't think the Yukon and the rest of North America will be that big of an issue. Just let me get a few things ready and say good-bye to Jessika, then I'll be on my way. I wish her first encounter didn't wind her up in the infirmary, but I guess that comes with the job." The Princess ran her fingers across her eyes and sighed. "Just another thing that is going to distract me now."

Jumping up from the wall, Angelika smiled at Ryu. "Though I guess you'll be joining us this time, something more daring than drinking cocktails with my brother-in-law." She knew he went to make a rebuttal, but the Princess was already walking out of the room, waving good-bye.

"Anyways, Ryu, I'll meet you at the observation deck for our trip to the North Slope. I'll grab my parka."

She walked out of the room and put her head against the wall as a wave of angst overtook her body. Great, she thought to herself, not only can you not talk to Theresia anymore, you aren't even civilized with your Co-Commander. For God Sakes Angelika, what the hell is wrong with you. She pounded on the wall with a closed fist half-a-dozen times and then threw herself back down the corridor to stop into Jessika's room where Theresia was waiting patiently.

"Well? What news?" Said the Empress.

"I'm heading out again, well, we're heading out again. Some morons doing something in Canada. Sticking our nose into other peoples business."

"Jia means well, Angelika. Who else is going to stand up and make sure the world runs like clockwork."

Angelika rolled her eyes. "You're as bad as Ryu."

"I try."

The Princess shook her head and walked back to the door. "Just...keep an eye on Jessika for me...please?"

"I won't let her out of my sight, I promise."

Angelika smiled, genuinely, probably for the first time since the encounter with the monks and then after getting her belongings ready, met Ryu for their trip to Alaska.

The flight to Alaska was a tense one, Ryu said next to nothing, as they flew in the barebones belly of the large military cargo plane to the North Slope base. Events had forced most of the resources east, flights now were taking supplies to Asia, and those back were typically empty. Consequently, the two co-commanders had a visual reminder of the cold vacuum which lay between them.

The North Slope would come into view, through the black sky of the near permanent night. This far up north in winter, day was no more than an hour. The fires of some scattered oil wells burning off natural gas were the only thing seen.

Ryu looked out the window as they descended, trying to break the tension a bit, "Try as I might I cannot seem to spot Vauleyo." he said as he felt the plane make the difficult landing downwards onto an austere runway. The lights of it only came on at the very end to give the plane final position to land. A measure taken to impede surveillance by any curious high altitude flights or spy satellites.

"Welcome to the middle of nowhere." Ryu said.

A loud pound came on back of the plane before Chakri and Rhee came in. Pushing Chakri inside, Rhee came in after him shutting the door. "Its cold as a !@#$%* out there. Our Thai friend here isn't used to such extremes."

Chakri looked at Rhee, "You're the one pushing us in here." he replied.

Rhee stepped on his foot, one could almost see a slight greying of his skin as he did it. "Oh how terribly clumsy. So how was the flight?" Rhee asked.

Edited by Triyun

Angelika glared at both of them and shook her head. "It was fine." She turned to Ryu, "I saw the base camp a few meters off. If you don't mind, I'm going to turn in for the night and then tomorrow we can discuss the plans about bringing the fight to those Templars. I am hoping that it isn't just going to be the four of us attacking them though, no offense, but that I think is asking too much from all of us."

She patted both Rhee and Chakri on the shoulders and then made her way off of the plane. The base camp was a few meters away and both Rhee and Chakri had brought along ATVs to bring them to the plane. "How many Asians can you fit onto a wheeler." The Princess chuckled to herself and jumped on the second ATV and with a hum of the engine, sped off towards the base camp.

Once arriving, and flashing through the security protocols of the Federation's northern base, Angelika found her room and sighed. It wasn't much, a steel room with a radiator in the center that gave off a bright orange glow. Her bed, a cot of green cloth with an army supplied blanket did not trigger the idea of comfort, but the base commanders had prepared a meal for her and a cup of coffee and so as she locked to door so as not to be disturbed, Angelika sank into a feeling of oblivion. Peaceful, quiet, empty, oblivion.

---
[i]
"'Lena? 'Lena? C'mon, please come with me. We need to get you out of here, we need to get you home."

"I...I...I can't! Don't you understand I can't!" The eldest Hapsburg cried, trying to reach Angelika from the bed. Leather straps held her in place, she writhed like a sick animal, foaming at the mouth. "Let me out of here! Why won't you let me out of here!"

"'Lena, please, you have to stop. What's wrong with you, what did this to you?"

"Let me out! Let me..." Suddenly she started gargling, blood running out of her mouth as tears filled her eyes and a weak hand moved to grab Angelika's own. "Why can't you help me? WHY CAN'T YOU HELP ME?!"[/i]

---

"Aaaahhhhh!" Angelika screamed as she bolted up in her bed. Her blonde hair caked to her back as the white tank top she wore to bed was drenched with sweat. The radiator was turned to full blast, it was like an oven in the room. She dropped her head into her hands and started to cry. "I can't do this anymore...I think I'm the one going crazy."

An hour later, she appeared, haggard, miserable, still in her drenched tank top, with a pair of fatigues for pants, and a cup of coffee glued to her hands. Looking up at Ryu she glared for a moment and sighed. "So what's going on?"

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Ryu looked up at her. His stony face and eyes reading her like a book as she walked through the door. Ryu knew that the middle Hapsburg princess was the black sheep of the three, but behind his stone demeanor he was shocked at her appearance. Not offended of course, but he has always known the three sisters to be put together, even in the most difficult of circumstances. His eyes narrowed ever slightly.

"The approach to the location. We're going to be flying real low, and without lights. The pilots are pretty confident in their ability to do this, but its going to be a tricky one. Relations aren't the best with CAN and we think they may tip them off that we're coming anyway." he said.

Ryu frowned. We drop in, we get out in another hour. One flight in one flight out. We miss either, we're !@#$ out of luck on an island full of well armed renaissance fair re enactors."

"Our objectives are get the targets computer information, and terminate the facilities operation with a particularly vicious computer virus. Our preference is low casualties, that could raise alarms and make extraction more difficult."

Ryu turned to her, "Its imperative nothing jeopardizes the stealth of this mission." he said with weighted words.

Angelika looked up at him through her chapped eyes and positioned her face to one of grim seriousness at the objective at hand. "Why are you looking at me? I got into Bridgette's ship in Inchon Harbor didn't I? Don't worry Ryu, you don't have anything to worry about from this end." Her voice only became more grave and subdued. "I promise."

She stood up and paced around the table still sipping at her coffee. "That said, if we're making this a very small mission. I think having some extra armaments wouldn't be a bad idea. If we're going for stealth and speed, and I don't know the terrain of the island or the make up of the Templar Base, but surely there's a vantage point for someone to cover our asses when we get inside. If there isn't I really wouldn't mind bringing someone who can carry a damn tank on his back." She said looking at Rhee. "Beyond that, light arms would probably be the best. Though I don't think sword play is going to work well, unless they really are Templars from the 1300s. I would also rather not split up. But that's just me."

The Princess walked over to the wall in front of Ryu and leaned against it and took another sip of her drink. "But don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"Chakri and Rhee will both be coming along. Chakri will provide fire support assuming we can get that sort of vantage. I'm skeptical once we're inside the facility. Rhee will act as our cyber specialist for the mission, as he has some experience in complex computer forensics from his days as a police detective." Ryu said plainly.

I've requested class C equipment, silenced personal defense weapons, short blades, and non lethal stun guns for armament. Except for Chakri who'll have our most compact silenced scope rifle. Its not the ideal setup, but works for us moving fast. Feel free to ask the quarter master for anything extra you may need." he said.

Ryu looked at his watch, "We'll be wheels up though in 45. Better make it fast."

The stoney assassin rose from his seat and headed out of the room. Rhee stayed behind looking at Angelika, something was clearly the matter. One of the side effects of the serum, was his enhanced hearing. Several times through the night he had wanted to see if she was alright, but thought better of it. She was incredibly prideful. But now, they were heading into something everyone needed a clear head for "Are you really doing alright? I could hear... things." he said forming a frown slightly on the left side of his face.

Angelika rolled her eyes as Ryu stood up and vacated the room, she got up as well to get a shower and changed before their flight. But as she neared the door, Rhee's voice stopped her. She turned for a moment and shook her head. "It's no-" Then she stopped and put both arms on the doorway and dropped her head.

"I'm not a good person Rhee. I've been a problem for my family since I was born. They wanted sons of course and instead they got three daughters. Talk about luck. Three well behaved daughters and out of all of them." The tears started running down her eyes at this point. "Magdalena was the best. She was perfect, Rhee. Sickeningly so. Perfect flaxen hair, perfect smile, perfect demeanor. She'd entertain guests by playing the !@#$@#$ harpsichord for God sakes. Then there was Theresia and I. Theresia was the baby, so there wasn't much she could do wrong, aside from that she wanted to play in the fields and pick flowers. I flirted with boys and got into fights at school.

We were at this academy in Austria, before the Goths and those other Runic Fascist $%&@heads took over. I don't even know what it was over, but I fought this girl and I got my ass kicked. Magdalena was there, perfect sweater, perfect hair, perfect skirt, patching me up like a rag doll, drying my tears. Hell she didn't even lose her virginity until she married Valerio." Angelika said and punched the wall and turned back to Rhee, her eyes full of tears. "Now, she spends her time in a white room because her mind is...I don't even know...She was the brightest hope for Austria, and that !@#$@#$ !@#$%* Saenger took it away from her. Everything, Rhee, she took everything from us."

Angelika fell down to her knees and grabbed up at Rhee's hand. "And now she's locked up. She's afraid and she's alone. Rhee...Rhee. Promise me. Promise me that when we get off this island, this mission, you'll come with me. I'm taking her home." She squeezed his hand until it turned blue. "Promise me."

Rhee gripped her hand, looking down with sympathetic eyes. Dropping to her eye level he smiled reassuringly. "Hey you [b]are[/b] a good person. When I was turned into a guinea pig, who came and got me out? You did. And when Ming took me to that hospital horror show, rather than go back to a life of luxury, you came back for me. That counts for something." he said kindly, trying to think of what to say next. "And don't compare yourself with your sisters. You're great for being you, and not anyone else."

Rhee then looked her in the eye "But Angelika, for what you did for me, I am eternally grateful. I will never forget it. Of course I'll go back with you to take her home to wherever you want to go." he said, flashing a reassuring smile, "Afterall... if I flash a little blue I am guessing no orderlies will be objecting to you taking her right out the front door."

She smiled and ran her arm across her nose and eyes drying up the tears and snot. "Well that makes me feel a lot better about myself. Thank you. We had better get ready then and if if you don't mind, don't tell this to Ryu. I don't want Jia finding out that two of his knights are going to go rogue somewhere in the city of Rome."

For the next forty minutes Angelika rushed through her day, she showered and dressed herself and barely had enough time to get to the quartermaster to request a pair of throwing knives in addition to her silencer and pistols. After she suited up in her black and red armor, she and Rhee both appeared out on the tarmac ready to step forward and fly towards Central Canada.

Waving to Ryu as they walked out into the cold, Angelika took a deep breath. "Ready to kick Templar ass? Cause you know this is going to be a competition once we get there. Things are going to go wrong. They always do."

"Of course. Though the others, they aren't as bad as you think. I didn't like any of them, but over the past couple of months, Chakri and Ryu have both shown themselves honorable people." he said. "All of us, we don't open up easy." he shrugged. "Anyway... lets get ready. Remember clear heads, I'm going to hold you to the promise you made me give, so lets both come back alive for your sisters sake."

Rhee got up heading out of the room, to get ready for the mission, taking one last glance back while smiling to make sure she wasn't just putting on an act about feeling better. [i]Well hopefully burning off some steam will be good for her.[/i] he thought.

Out on the runway Ryu, had his equipment back slung over his shoulder as he headed towards the futuristic looking grey stealth cargo jet. As he was ready to step onto the plane, he turned hearing the voice of Angelika behind him. [i]She seems better.[/i] he thought.

At her comment about templars he smiled, "If what I've heard about their connections to the British Nation, I believe our friend the Grand Vizier will be jealous of it. Unless of course things go South, in which case we blame Rhee since he has the lowest rank." he said.

Looking back at the door to the base, he saw Chakri and Rhee emerge with their equipment. "Well I guess it is time to get this on the road." Ryu said, with some noticeable excitement in his eyes.

Angelika didn't feel nearly as excited as Ryu looked and while she felt better than in the morning, the objective of their mission was finally beginning to weigh heavily on her mind. This was no walk in the park, from what little she had been briefed on, as she was sure that Ryu, as Jia's favorite, knew much more about the coming battle than she did, things could most definitely go wrong. Firstly, it was an island ,easily defensible, with one way in and one way out. Two, if his predictions were right and the CAN did alert the current owners then there would be even less of a chance their small team could arrive undetected. Furthermore, even if they landed on the island undetected, there was a plethora of things which could go wrong and turn the Knights assault into a massacre.

Boarding the plane, Angelika closed her eyes, reminding herself of the order she had signed up to defend. Jia knew what he was doing, sending them out like this. Still, she had a knot in her stomach and wished that she could crawl back into her bed and sleep for the rest of eternity. Depression had that effect and it sent terrible shivers down her spin as they crossed the horizon towards the Canadian wilderness.

The sound belly of the plane echoed with engines roaring as the plane activated its engines and began to taxi on the runway. The feint outlines of three A-47 attack craft and an F-5 which would be escorting them could be heard as well, they were the silent killers of the East taking off for recon and prepping the battlefield. The stealth transport was clearly outfitted with several pieces of extraordinarily advanced equipment including the Federation's latest advanced magnetic anomaly detect and a mysterious emitter device.

Rhee took a seat next to Angelika smiling at her reassuringly as the force of the plane taking off from the runway could be felt.

Chakri sat in his seat cleaning his gun barrel meticulously making final check over his systems, Ryu looked down at the mask he was carrying on top of his armor.

Ryu leaned his head back against the bulkhead. He always hated resting his head in planes, the vibrations made it a pain in the ass. But the smoothness of the ride of this jet gave him some comfort. They were going to be flying extremely low through the mission. It was going to be a pain in the ass. But at the end of the day he kept telling himself the same thing, [i]confidence in the crew is the key to the mission[/i]. He repeated it over and over in his head as if a buddhist mantra, he knew they were heading for a challenging time, he need to project absolute confidence.

Chakri looked up at Rhee and Angelika, "So you guys aren't regular military by background, have you two ever done this sort of thing before?" he asked.

Rhee shook his head, "Nope."

From the time the jet had taken off from the North Slope, Angelika kept her eyes closed. She was trying to get the knot out of her stomach and flying wasn't helping much; actually it wasn't helping at all. No matter how smooth the plane streaked across the sky, she could feel the slight bumps that the atmosphere made against the metal skin of the craft. When Chakri talked and Rhee answered, she opened her eyes just a bit to see the other knight staring at her through his visor. "Jump out of a plane? No." She shook her head and sighed, "I was always under the impression that planes were made for staying inside not to jump out of."

The Princess swallowed and ran her hand down her side. She felt her pistol, the few flash-bangs, a radio, and a couple of grenades. Her other hand wrapped around the sub-machine gun strapped to her shoulder. "I'm just hoping I get the chance to do it again."

"Then you're missing the best part." Rhee said dryly. "Low altitude jumps followed by polar bear swimming. Lets see if these suits are worth the price we paid."

Suddenly the generator began to turn on for the magnetic anomaly scanner. Ryu spoke up, "We're beginning a scan of low probability of intercept ground penetrating radar and magnetic anomally detection. Next phase is we fry the $%&@ers. Then we go in. Everything will be black by then so keep your helmets switched on." he said. "Once we're on the ground we move quitely as possible, not engaging any enemies. We'll have the element of surprise and once they're electronics are out they can't communicate, but they'll no doubt be pretty pissed."

He smirked, "Of course that could just be bonus points." he said with a good deal of cockiness.