Announcement

George Gordy

Unfortunately for now, due to a lack of organization on my part and betrayals from various nations; the objectives I set out to do failed horridly. My nation is in ruins, my society in disarray, and my armies almost obliterated. Even in all this I don't hold any bitterness, bitterness is bad. The only things I hold on to are faith and dear life.

In the struggle against FEAR we were attacked first, we declared war and defended ourselves. While Mr. Luke had a large, well-organized, and well-funded military and financial machine. All we had was determination, resolve, perseverance, and the balls to defend ourselves against a larger nation. If I could borrow a quote from the 1983 film [i]Scarface[/i] where the main character Tony Montana said "All I have in this world, are my balls and word, and I don't break 'em for no one." All we had was our balls and our word, but in the end that wasn't enough.

So I hereby offer FEAR, particularly Mr. Cool hand luke of Dirkastan a Cessation of all Hostilities. Any further provocations from either side and the war will resume.

Thank you,
George Gordy-Georginia

Edited by George Gordy

While you have disappointed many by coming to quick, at least I appreciate that you actually declared war instead of just calling FEAR out.

Also, this is OOC forum. You should have posted this kind of message in World Affairs.

You do not actually want to bomb the real player behind the nation, do you?

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='George Gordy' timestamp='1321512238' post='2845830']
Unfortunately for now, due to a lack of organization on my part and betrayals from various nations; the objectives I set out to do failed horridly. My nation is in ruins, my society in disarray, and my armies almost obliterated. Even in all this I don't hold any bitterness, bitterness is bad. The only things I hold on to are faith and dear life.

In the struggle against FEAR we were attacked first, we declared war and defended ourselves. While Mr. Luke had a large, well-organized, and well-funded military and financial machine. All we had was determination, resolve, perseverance, and the balls to defend ourselves against a larger nation. If I could borrow a quote from the 1983 film [i]Scarface[/i] where the main character Tony Montana said "All I have in this world, are my balls and word, and I don't break 'em for no one." All we had was our balls and our word, but in the end that wasn't enough.

So I hereby offer FEAR, particularly Mr. Cool hand luke of Dirkastan a Cessation of all Hostilities. Any further provocations from either side and the war will resume.

Thank you,
George Gordy-Georginia
[/quote]
LOL who would have guessed this wouldn't have ended well for you?

oh wait everyone from your DoW thread thats right, silly me

[quote name='George Gordy' timestamp='1321512238' post='2845830']

Thank you,
George Gordy-Georginia
[/quote]
How could you back down from this evil tyranny. My nation was in the final stages of preparing to join you on this noble crusade against FEAR. Together we can destroy them.

[quote name='JonathanB' timestamp='1321516986' post='2845863']
How could you back down from this evil tyranny. My nation was in the final stages of preparing to join you on this noble crusade against FEAR. Together we can destroy them.
[/quote]
Because I got no aid neither militarily nor financially from anybody! I was betrayed.

[quote name='George Gordy' timestamp='1321517653' post='2845867']
Because I got no aid neither militarily nor financially from anybody! I was betrayed.
[/quote]
So if i did not aid a random doofus that i passed on the road, who had for some reason decided to fight with someone, you will hold that against me, and call it betrayal?

That is sort of an unfair thing, no?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1321518329' post='2845870']
So if i did not aid a random doofus that i passed on the road, who had for some reason decided to fight with someone, you will hold that against me, and call it betrayal?

That is sort of an unfair thing, no?
[/quote]
of course you wouldn't aid me you weren't in the coalition.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nGZ0u.png[/img]

DEAD. ASS. SERIOUS.

The battle was fierce, yet she was drawn out. In the end, Gordy's forces were no match for the superior tactics of the boys over at FEAR. History has seen the advent of the lightning war, Shock and Awe, but nothing prepared this humble planet for the brilliant military mastery that was Aids and Suck.

May we not soon forget this day.

[quote name='George Gordy' timestamp='1321517653' post='2845867']
[/quote]

You weren't betrayed...you were played. The difference is gullibility.

I will assume that you are a new player and go ahead giving you some advice. If you are not, then pardon me.

We usually play as a member of an alliance. Every major things are conducted on the level of alliance versus alliance, not player versus player. You can play by your own, but it will be difficult and you will lost your interest with this game soon enough.

If you join an alliance and register as a member, your alliance will protect you from outside attack. In return, you will have to fight for your alliance when they need you.

There are many good alliances that you can join, you have to choose the one that support the character that you want to play. Not every alliance is equally good. In fact, most of the alliances are pushover and irrelevant.

I see that you have a potential to be a great player one day. You just do not have the know how yet. Experience in alliances will serve you good.

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1321527361' post='2845884']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nGZ0u.png[/img]

DEAD. ASS. SERIOUS.

The battle was fierce, yet she was drawn out. In the end, Gordy's forces were no match for the superior tactics of the boys over at FEAR. History has seen the advent of the lightning war, Shock and Awe, but nothing prepared this humble planet for the brilliant military mastery that was Aids and Suck.

May we not soon forget this day.
[/quote]

Lest we forget.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1321536963' post='2845902']
I will assume that you are a new player and go ahead giving you some advice. If you are not, then pardon me.

We usually play as a member of an alliance. Every major things are conducted on the level of alliance versus alliance, not player versus player. You can play by your own, but it will be difficult and you will lost your interest with this game soon enough.

If you join an alliance and register as a member, your alliance will protect you from outside attack. In return, you will have to fight for your alliance when they need you.

There are many good alliances that you can join, you have to choose the one that support the character that you want to play. Not every alliance is equally good. In fact, most of the alliances are pushover and irrelevant.

I see that you have a potential to be a great player one day. You just do not have the know how yet. Experience in alliances will serve you good.
[/quote]

This is good advice. Alliances can be found in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=24]alliance section[/url], if you want to learn a little more about the communities & what they stand for. Good luck.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1321536963' post='2845902']

[/quote]
I was in FEAR, but I left and while I was looking for another alliance I was attacked, and no alliance would take me cuz I wasn't able to fufill the obligations I had with FEAR that's why I attacked...

[quote name='George Gordy' timestamp='1321550331' post='2845936']
I was in FEAR, but I left and while I was looking for another alliance I was attacked, and no alliance would take me cuz I wasn't able to fufill the obligations I had with FEAR that's why I attacked...
[/quote]

Did you post your resignation properly from the FEAR alliance? Usually people do not attack their own members or ex-members unless for something they have issue with.

If they attack you just because you feel that FEAR is not the right alliance for you and you decided to give other alliance a try, then you should tell all that to the alliance you are applying for. Simply change your alliance affiliation to something like GOONS applicant or NPO applicant will scare them off. But be sure that you actually want to apply to those alliance.

Try to observe how other play in the IC forum and how every business is conducted. You do not have to follow the way they play, but there must be one playing style that suit you.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1321591461' post='2846170']
Did you post your resignation properly from the FEAR alliance? Usually people do not attack their own members or ex-members unless for something they have issue with.

If they attack you just because you feel that FEAR is not the right alliance for you and you decided to give other alliance a try, then you should tell all that to the alliance you are applying for. Simply change your alliance affiliation to something like GOONS applicant or NPO applicant will scare them off. But be sure that you actually want to apply to those alliance.

Try to observe how other play in the IC forum and how every business is conducted. You do not have to follow the way they play, but there must be one playing style that suit you.
[/quote]

Actually, aid and tech deal scamming is why he got punched in the face on his way out, rather than a lack of resignation post.

What Gordy did....

He took 9 million in ais from FEAR. He spent it irresponsibly. He was advised on how to spend it. He ignored the advice. He passed the first FEAR task set in our academy. That is essencilly a "how to play and not be stupid" quiz.

He took in two tech deals. Then he came and cried on our forums because he needed more money for he had spent the 15M he received.

He said on our alliance forums in a thread "This alliance is full of scared people." Then he made another thread saying "I want to leave this AA because it's holding me back."

How is sending you 15 million Dongs in aid "holding you back?" We have a well developed academy that I have personally put a good chunk of time in to. This academy has made a lot of FEAR the amazing players they are today.

For aid stealing, general stupidity, !@#$%baggery and openly insulting our alliance, I, the FEAR Director of Education, will call out our Chancellors for the issuance of a single ZI.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1321591461' post='2846170']

[/quote]

Anybody found on "GOONS Applicant" is open to attacks from anyone, especially GOONS. Our applicant AA is 'Stupid Newbie'.

[quote name='GayDragon' timestamp='1321593104' post='2846183']
What Gordy did....

He took 9 million in ais from FEAR. He spent it irresponsibly. He was advised on how to spend it. He ignored the advice. He passed the first FEAR task set in our academy. That is essencilly a "how to play and not be stupid" quiz.

He took in two tech deals. Then he came and cried on our forums because he needed more money for he had spent the 15M he received.

He said on our alliance forums in a thread "This alliance is full of scared people." Then he made another thread saying "I want to leave this AA because it's holding me back."

How is sending you 15 million Dongs in aid "holding you back?" We have a well developed academy that I have personally put a good chunk of time in to. This academy has made a lot of FEAR the amazing players they are today.

For aid stealing, general stupidity, !@#$%baggery and openly insulting our alliance, I, the FEAR Director of Education, will call out our Chancellors for the issuance of a single ZI.
[/quote]
Youm attacked me so I don't owe you a damn thing anymore, and I'm in an alliance now so now you have to deal with them. Tech Deals that I personally said I was going to pay back check my resignation thread I said "any tech deals on here still stand", you're not making yourselves look better I hope you know that.

Edited by George Gordy