This Week in Facepalm

ChairmanHal

Let's go back a bit...

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320944915' post='2842746']
I am not going to deny that Legion has had a statistical victory* here, but I am afraid that beating the NSO when you have a large advantage, while at the same time taking a large amount of damage yourself, is nowhere near as impressive a feat as you make it out to be. While Legion has every right to be proud of what they did it does not wipe clean years of incompetence and mismanagement. And I do not believe I've seen any member of Legion say as much as that. It is mostly mouthbreathers such as yourself making such absurd claims. Truly it is sad thing when you must live your fantasies of rolling NSO through Legion. [b]Are you really too much of a coward to come at us yourself?[/b]

*Even if that term is a gross oversimplification of the events of the war.
[/quote]

Note the date of his post. Then this:

[i]Rebel Virginia is a peaceful nation. War is not an option since [b]11/4/2011[/b]. [/i]

Umm, yeah...big words.

Consider too that at the time of his post, there was no one in NSO actually in range of my nation. In effect, even if I wanted to prove a point and be less of a "mouthbreather", I had no targets. <_<

1. Ivan, wherever you are, please come back and be emperor of NSO again.

2. NSO, I wish you well in your rebuilding. Yes, really. Whatever my disagreements with you in the past, however critical I've been, you are in the end the friend of a friend and I'll try to keep that in mind in the future.

3. NSO, RV is doing you no favors. I could do something lulzy and proclaim victory over NSO as a result of his challenge and sig up something about declaring myself Viceroy of the Sith and get a cool Emperor Palpatine avatar, but that just buys me a ration of crap I don't want. All I ask from you instead is curb your dog.

I admit it, I rooted for the "fat kid" (Legion) and hoped that they would win and they did. They got back some self respect and maybe even a bit of genuine swagger. How much of it was actually deserved and will be retained depends on them. Certainly the sequence of events was much better than seeing a Legion disbandment, no what we aren't disbanding, actually the government is gone, OMG NPO! thread...or any post from Lord Swampy.

As for RV, this is for you: :facepalm:

Now back to your regularly scheduled "no you" thread.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1321071785' post='2843534']
[i]Rebel Virginia is a peaceful nation. War is not an option since [b]11/4/2011[/b]. [/i]

Umm, yeah...big words.
[/quote]
Are you really trying to "call him out" for using peace mode here after fighting for numerous rounds? People who are perfectly willing to fight use peace mode all the time in order to restock nukes and get out of anarchy so they can declare wars, possibly collect, and go back in fresh.

If you're criticizing him for that you're either an amateur or being deliberately disingenuous. I'm pretty sure you've been around long enough to know better, so I can only conclude that it's the latter.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1321072420' post='2843540']
Are you really trying to "call him out" for using peace mode here after fighting for numerous rounds? People who are perfectly willing to fight use peace mode all the time in order to restock nukes and get out of anarchy so they can declare wars, possibly collect, and go back in fresh.

If you're criticizing him for that you're either an amateur or being deliberately disingenuous. I'm pretty sure you've been around long enough to know better, so I can only conclude that it's the latter.[/quote]

He called [b]me[/b] out. From Peace Mode. After fighting a long war. Knowing he was out of my range and demanding I prove myself by attacking NSO, all of which was out of range.

You've been around long enough to know that is patently silly. What is disingenuous on my part here? Seriously?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1321072697' post='2843543']
He called [b]me[/b] out. From Peace Mode. After fighting a long war. Knowing he was out of my range and demanding I prove myself by attacking NSO, all of which was out of range.

You've been around long enough to know that is patently silly. What is disingenuous on my part here? Seriously?
[/quote]
Nothing in his post suggested that he meant to come at him [i]personally[/i], only at NSO in general. You have a point about the fact that no NSO nations were in range of you. But the "you're in peace mode" argument is just silly.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1321073271' post='2843551']
Why didn't you put this in a blog or something? The rest of the world really doesn't care about this.
[/quote]
Because no one reads his blog
[img]http://poppas2cents.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/himym521.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1321072921' post='2843546']
Wow, looks like he really got to you if you had to go make a new thread about it. RV won this before it even started.
[/quote]

Or I'm wanting to make peace with NSO and ask them to reign in RV. But please, feel free to declare a victor in a thread where you apparently haven't read the OP as often as you would like.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1321073525' post='2843555']
Because no one reads his blog[/quote]

Which explains all the comments about my last entry. Thanks, though.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1321073687' post='2843558']Or I'm wanting to make peace with NSO and ask them to reign in RV. But please, feel free to declare a victor in a thread where you apparently haven't read the OP as often as you would like.[/quote]
sorry but you're wrong + use pretty stock standard awkward "But please, feel free..." phrasing

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1321074112' post='2843562']
I wonder what RoK thinks about you bashing their treaty partner?
[/quote]
Seems like it's mostly RV he's bashing.

[img]http://www.arktimes.com/images/blogimages/2010/06/13/1276432726-floodrv.jpg[/img]

Seriously, RV looks to be in bad shape... maybe he shouldn't have spent his money for charm school lessons on candy and cigarettes down at the drugstore...

And why would Valhalla attack NSO? An ally of a bloc partner? I don't think so. This isn't the war you're looking for.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1321074112' post='2843562']
I wonder what RoK thinks about you bashing their treaty partner?
[/quote]

[quote]2. NSO, I wish you well in your rebuilding. Yes, really. Whatever my disagreements with you in the past, however critical I've been, you are in the end the friend of a friend and I'll try to keep that in mind in the future.[/quote]

They see me daily and didn't complain during the war...oh and I'm not seeing bashing in the above, but I'm finding people will see what they want I guess. <_<

As for #1, Ivan was their best leader and when he resigned out of principle, it was a sad day for NSO. When I say they need him back, they genuinely do.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1321074129' post='2843563']
sorry but you're wrong + use pretty stock standard awkward "But please, feel free..." phrasing
[/quote]

Oh no a grammar Nazi!

[img]http://www.historyonthenet.com/Nazi_Germany/images/sssoldiers.jpg[/img]

Ummm...Sieg Webster!(?)

:rolleyes:

[i]EDIT: Wouldn't want to spoil a joke by misspelling now, would we?[/i] :o

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1321075223' post='2843580']
Oh no a grammar Nazi!

[img]http://www.historyonthenet.com/Nazi_Germany/images/sssoldiers.jpg[/img]

Ummm...Seig Webster!(?)

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

....like what compelled you to think this thread was a good idea. idgi. o well. have fun.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1321076476' post='2843586']
....like what compelled you to think this thread was a good idea. idgi. o well. have fun.[/quote]

Given that I draw enough fire already it was probably a terrible idea. But at least I'm trying to move on with NSO for the benefit of an ally, poke a stick at RV because he earned it, and well dammit, it is a little fun--something that we don't have enough of around here and I'm trying to loosen up a bit. Hopefully I still have hair when it's over given the barbequing I will no doubt take from under the overpass. People don't want to get into the spirit of it...go have another beer or something.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1321081816' post='2843627']
Hehe, everyone uses the PM callout, but still uses PM. Who cares, it's still fun to do it. The fact that Myth hates your thread means it a good one.
[/quote]

Wow rude I don't hate it I just thought it was a silly idea. mkay?

ChairmanHal, I remember you being better than allowing this kind of thing to get the better of you.

That, and you should have realized this was posted publicly. The only face palm that should have been awarded to was for you.

Proof?

[quote]All I ask from you instead is curb your dog.[/quote]

[quote]Consider too that at the time of his post, there was no one in NSO actually in range of my nation. In effect, even if I wanted to prove a point and be less of a "mouthbreather", I had no targets.[/quote]
[quote]I admit it, I rooted for the "fat kid" (Legion) and hoped that they would win and they did. They got back some self respect and maybe even a bit of genuine swagger.[/quote]

Way to imprint your opinions on the whole of Cybernations, ChairmanHal.

What a stupid thread. God help us should anyone else feel the need to start a new thread every time a baseless and throwaway accusation is made. Sometimes trying to 'prove' someone wrong makes you look like a bigger dick than the original accusation.