Would You Live in Your Nation?

KaiserMelech Mikhail

In Raochin before the war heck yes. With a Trans continental subway, a government run just the way I think it should, and me not giving a -blam!- about high tax rates it was a nice place to live as long as you never ran into the Ministry of Intelligence.

I wouldn't live in the temple lands. As cool as writing it was, I don't feel like being brainwashed to not using any advanced technology, or just modern tech. That would kind of suck even though I wouldn't know it.

I would live in GPnS before the rebellion. Now... Well the main country is in shambles and I haven't done any RP in the new territories I got yet. I would probably be dead anyway.

Maybe in the capital city, or in the Indian Ocean Territory (maybe Reunion or Mauritius, or the Seychelles). Not so much in Mozambique, Zambia, or Malawi. Maybe in one of the cities in former Transvaal, but then you have all those National Party people and race tensions. And, of course, two major cities recovering from nukes.

If I had to live in Arctica, I'd pick either Oceana or the IOT.

That's just as an average citizen at the current time, though. If I was a diplomat or intelligence officer back when Transvaal still existed, that would be an interesting existence.

Edited by Vedran

Taking a page from cochin's book on this one.

[b]Pro:[/b]
-Highly advanced country.
-Protection guaranteed by a disciplined police force, paramilitary defense force and one of the best and most battle-hardened armed forces in the world.
-Perfect climate, hot Mediterranean summers, if one prefers a cold winter the land stretches as far north as Switzerland.
-Free healthcare and education.
-Extensive social security system for the unemployed, ill, elderly and children. Heck even normal prisoners have it pretty good in luxury cells with tv and internet access.
-Relatively open market based on worker's control.
-Most civil rights.

[b]Con:[/b]
-While the market is relatively open truly establishing oneself without extensive government regulations is pretty much impossible.
-Enters wars regularly, most of the time with a nuclear threat.
-Mandatory 2 year military service regardless of gender, education or social status and also only avoidable under very special circumstances like a mental or physical disability.
-Sucks being you if you decide to violently oppose the government or are planning to.

All things considered I probably would love it, especially as my persona would agree with the ideals of the government.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1321059466' post='2843438']
Hm, living as a major business owner in Midwest Republic? Yeah, that would rock. Low taxes, government that sympathetic to large businesses, and weak regulations over the economy, labor and environment would be most major businesses' dreams.

Living as an middle-class citizen or a not-stupidly-wealthy upper-class citizen? Enduring the abuses of the super-wealthy and watching almost every politician becoming dirty within weeks into office or pinned down by the corruption would be incredibly annoying.

Living as a lower-class citizen? Little government assistance, no food stamps, no social security, no subsidized healthcare, no unemployment benefits, and little labor regulation. Essentially living as if it was the late 19th century in the US.

Nope.

What's the tax rate and civil services like? Wars are expensive.
[/quote]

It helps controlling about 2/3s of the global arms trade including very big ticket items.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1321165842' post='2844035']
It helps controlling about 2/3s of the global arms trade including very big ticket items.
[/quote]
An unusually large number of nations used to use Marscurian Military Works weaponry, but now only one does. :( So lonely.

• 1 month later...

I'd live in the Trance Republic

Pros -
Southern French Climate = Amazing
Anarchistic Utopia = The best
Militia/ Revolutionary Culture
Moralistic Culture
Falls under Protection of NpO = Gotta say I like this the most
No Conscription only Compulsory Service
No abridgments of Civil liberties
Spanish and French Genealogy = hot hot hot
Very Active Entertainment Media
Never butt-hurt

Cons -
No stable laws
War Mongering Country
Tension towards any authoritarian-esk ideas.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1323928174' post='2878508']
I'll use them Melech- set up a thread
[/quote]
You do it noob!
[color="#FF0000"]/me stares down MO.[/color]

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1323971129' post='2878941']
Never.
[/quote]
Never ever?

Green energy now provides 75% of Prussia's energy demand, the environment is preserved because of reliance on industrial hemp for various needs rather than deforestation and mining, and the Prussian government only gets involved in the day-to-day lives of its people if a crime is committed. Live and let live.

$%&@ yeah I'd live in Prussia. :awesome:

I would not want to live in my old nation, Andonia. It was paranoid, pseudofeudal and incredibly racist to anyone who was not part of the Andonain ethnic minority. Even if you lived the privileged life of a noble, you were expected to constantly train for war, because they didn't trust non-Andonain to fight in their wars. In addition to that, the government was extremely prone to coups and civil war. In addition to that it was a bit of a theocracy. On the plus side, virtually all the power was provided by geothermal and solar energy, and if you were a wealthy non-Andonain businessman you could purchase a title and gain the privileges of a noble without having to fight in the frequent wars (civil and foreign). If you were from the short-lived Socotran province, you could escape the feudal system because it was a direct fief of the Allthing. In addition to that the Socotrans were able to gain a lot of money from the trade to the RA and the Mediterranean. So basically, unless you lived in Socotra, which was only part of my country for about an RL week, or you were a wealthy non-Andonain it would suck to live in my former country.