Would You Live in Your Nation?

KaiserMelech Mikhail

Often while playing this game, I wonder what it would really be like to live in Marscurian Siberia, and I think it would be pretty sweet. For other people, their nations are oppressive dictatorships, horrendously politically unstable, technologically backwards, and so forth. I'd like to hear from you guys, if you were a citizen of your nation, do you think you would enjoy it?

Pros:
-Favorable climate, identical to Iowa or Minnesota
-Low pollution and great natural environment
-Common large celebrations, and a general jovial atmosphere among the people
-Yiddish
-Peaceful climate and great security
-1990's culture
-Plenty of turnips

I’m not sure living in Procinctia would be my thing. Primarily because Aluetian Islands are cold.
Also the jurry-rigged Schizo Tech, while cool, wouldn’t be fun to live with.
Powering my computer with a stack of rechargeable car batteries, all haphazardly wired together, would be too much of a hastle.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1320885803' post='2842429']是的。 我要住在香港。

In other words:

Yes, I want to live in Hong Kong.[/quote]Are you sure? The United Federation of the East is often at war and the government is occasionally bipolar.

Edited by Generalissimo

I would like to live in the Republic of Texas. My nation is new but I'll give you what I got.

-The climate (at least in Dallas or Amarillo) is fine for me
-The country is in a stable part of the world that doesn't have hundreds of wars every year but only a few big ones
-The government doesn't oppress it's people
-It only has two border nations, one of which seems to be very friendly
-It currently has no enemies
-There is no religious warfare within the country
-They have a Space Program that will have a very epic story soon B-)
-And the Vice President is this [img]guy http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/mp/1997_The_Devil%27s_Own/harrison_ford_the_devil%27s_own_001.jpg[/img]

Hrmm. As a citizen.. no.. to the Dragon Empire. Playing an Imperialist is fun, living beneath ones heel is not. As for the time I played the United States, yes.. because I based it on my actual country and human rights and all that. As for France, since Sarah now governs it.. undecided.. thus far I wouldn't mind as I've been playing Geoffrey and Christine as protagonists of the people who rule out of responsibility rather than authority. Where Therese takes it however, is up to Sarah.

I'm pretty content with my stints in CNRP thus far as it's allowed me to play in many different ways.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Though there are pros and cons to it on the whole I would want to live in the Kingdom of Cochin as an ordinary citizen.

Pros:
1. Very technologically advanced nation with several infrastructural benefits which could be taken for granted.
2. Practical local self government and an effective Citizen's Representation System that more or less takes care of socio-political issues at a direct level.
3. A very diverse socio-cultural fabric with fellow citizens from several corners of the world. A truly cosmopolitan society.
4. Extremely subsidized healthcare, education and a near free market economy where better skill gets paid more.
5. A free nation with negligible rules and regulations affecting normal life.
6. A highly secure society which is protected by a well paid and efficient Police and guarded by one of the best armed forces in the world.
7. Immense opportunities for growth and development in nearly all fields.

Cons:
1. Lack of national democracy could cause resentment.
2. Though communication channels are a form of infrastructure that can be taken for granted, a strong censorship could cause some resentment.
3. The excessive monitoring and security presence could be likened as a Big Brother sort of situation.
4. Any act against the existing monarchy being punishable by harsh imprisonment or death, a shade of Autocracy exists.

Hmm. My old Canada, definetely. Glorious science and technology, the nation to build the space elevator (by siphoning resources from volunteers :V ), leader of a powerful alliance with lots of meritocratic values, great healthcare and plenty of other things.
Any nation between it and Guyana, most likely not. Singapore and Sri Lanka/Ceylon were overcrowded as hell, my German nation changed government rather often and got into wars a bit too often for my personal tastes. Despite the technological advancements. Ceylon was too corporatist for me to live in.
As for Guyana, I haven't really done enough for that, but I'm leaning towards Yes, especially because space travel is laughably cheap and all that delicious, delicious technology... Mhm.

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1320914115' post='2842629']
I'm with Gopher. My tax rate has been at 30% for years, and I've fought in more wars since GWII than I care to count.
[/quote]

You're one of the lucky ones. Think of all the ones who didn't make it.

I'd live in my republic of Newfoundland. The nice scenery, the mountains, a small population. Lots of room to move around, and a bunch of rights. And a decent republic/democratic like government. Tho, I wouldn't like the usually cold weather, frequent storms in some months, and being behind in technology.

Everyone you know just died brutally murdering the other 99% of people you knew. The remainder of people are huddled behind a quarantine line enforced by the returned 'First Speaker' Roxas, and persistent rumors are going around about battles being fought between an Emperor empowered by the souls of millions of slaughtered followers and the evil of each soul taken out and given shape.

Once I get to it, that is. >.>

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1320958705' post='2842851']
Everyone you know just died brutally murdering the other 99% of people you knew. The remainder of people are huddled behind a quarantine line enforced by the returned 'First Speaker' Roxas, and persistent rumors are going around about battles being fought between an Emperor empowered by the souls of millions of slaughtered followers and the evil of each soul taken out and given shape.

Once I get to it, that is. >.>
[/quote]
So, yes?

No, absolutely not.

My nation has high tax rates, forces people into labor camps, routinely strips its people of their rights, and has been nuked around something like a hundred times.

Leninland is truly, a terrible place to live. If we didn't have guards stationed at all the exits shooting anybody who tries to leave, I think its population would be much smaller.

If we are speaking comparatively to the rest of the CN nations. Totalitarian state, only nuked about 2 dozen times, and a with Nordic Germanic population, living in Teutonica might not be half bad.

The political dogma and public propaganda helps brain wash the citizens into staying too.

Hm, living as a major business owner in Midwest Republic? Yeah, that would rock. Low taxes, government that sympathetic to large businesses, and weak regulations over the economy, labor and environment would be most major businesses' dreams.

Living as an middle-class citizen or a not-stupidly-wealthy upper-class citizen? Enduring the abuses of the super-wealthy and watching almost every politician becoming dirty within weeks into office or pinned down by the corruption would be incredibly annoying.

Living as a lower-class citizen? Little government assistance, no food stamps, no social security, no subsidized healthcare, no unemployment benefits, and little labor regulation. Essentially living as if it was the late 19th century in the US.

Nope.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1320885803' post='2842429']
是的。 我要住在香港。

In other words:

Yes, I want to live in Hong Kong.
[/quote]
What's the tax rate and civil services like? Wars are expensive.

Edited by HHAYD