Stewie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1320769879' post='2841681']
Digging a bit deep, brother.
[/quote]

The last global war is a bit deep? Really?
I'm not (personally) criticizing this announcement or the way PC or iFOK's gov handled the NEW-Fark shenanigans. I have no evidence that either did anything outside of what they have publicly stated, so I'll take them at their word.
What I was pointing out was merely that kriekfreak said this announcement would only be hypocritical if they had found fault in others making such declarations when in fact one of their triumvir had mocked another alliance for making such declaration in the last big war.
Personally, I think that this protocol should become the standard for all wars. If you ghost (or "join at a time of convenience just long enough to enjoy the current war") an alliance during active war and your alliance ends up losing, the alliance who wins should have the right to handle those people however they deem worthy.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1320771009' post='2841688']
Personally, I think that this protocol should become the standard for all wars. If you ghost (or "join at a time of convenience just long enough to enjoy the current war") an alliance during active war and your alliance ends up losing, the alliance who wins should have the right to handle those people however they deem worthy.
[/quote]

I agree with you. Although that also depends on the alliance who uses these mercs or rogues or w/e you label them.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1320769769' post='2841678']
Those that left PC to fight ceased to be members and had to deal with the repercussions of their actions. Though many did end up joining PC again later on, they had to go through the regular admissions process.
[/quote]

Ah yes making him triumvir over NG is an appropriate punishment I suppose.
It's not like he's done this before, over and over again, right?

[img]http://ri5.rialliance.net/zoomy.png[/img]

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1320773426' post='2841704']

[/quote]

That's pretty cool

[/quote]

How does that debunk what Xander said? Failure to put individual terms on zoom lays with the offended alliance not with the home alliance. How does that make zoom less appropriate to be one of NG's leaders? Does that make him less qualified in running an alliance? I personally would say no, on both accounts. It does not make him less appropriate or qualified.

[/quote]
You didn't need to quote an unrelated post just to demonstrate your apparent lengthy and secret affection for zoom. He's on IRC right now if you want to blow him a kiss.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1320774692' post='2841718']
Something something MK something something VE.

Also, thought your post in that original topic would have been sufficient, but of course you guys need to make a bajillion topics to hog the attention you crave.
[/quote]
It's true. Especially the attention I crave from you.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1320763000' post='2841628']
I personally so sad to see this coming. We were once friends.

But, lines had been drawn, blood had spilled to the ground. It must have to end at some point.

Good luck to both parties.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. But we all like war, so it's win-win.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1320774443' post='2841716']
How does that debunk what Xander said? Failure to put individual terms on zoom lays with the offended alliance not with the home alliance. How does that make zoom less appropriate to be one of NG's leaders? Does that make him less qualified in running an alliance? I personally would say no, on both accounts. It does not make him less appropriate or qualified.
[/quote]

So you guys have absolutely no problem in treating people as rogues for something a triumvir of your alliance has done at least a half dozen times in the last year alone?

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1320774692' post='2841718']
Something something MK something something VE.

Also, thought your post in that original topic would have been sufficient, but of course you guys need to make a bajillion topics to hog the attention you crave.
[/quote]

Man you can read us like a book

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1320774821' post='2841722']
So you guys have absolutely no problem in treating people as rogues for something a triumvir of your alliance has done at least a half dozen times in the last year alone?
[/quote]

No, and we also have no problem with people making peace a lot harder to obtain for those that ghost alliances.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1320774821' post='2841722']
[/quote]
Really, this is something that the other side should deal with. That said, having made it a clear written precedent here, NG have absolutely no ground to stand on to complain if they have members ghost other alliances and the alliance they're fighting against treats them as rogues (i.e. doesn't include them in the normal peace process). I hope alliances which may be considered 'on the other side' from NG are bookmarking this thread.

However, the policy itself is reasonable, and I hope more alliances adopt it. Ghosting to join a war is quite low.

Also, I hope it doesn't apply to people who legitimately apply to and are accepted into the alliance, which is a different thing.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320777585' post='2841752']
Also, I hope it doesn't apply to people who legitimately apply to and are accepted into the alliance, which is a different thing.
[/quote]
That's the trick. How do you differentiate? Do they have to remain members for at least x days after the conflict to be considered really a member? Otherwise, this policy is pointless as you only need to "join" the alliance (according to what are you joined? According to your stated affiliation in this forum? The privileges granted by the host alliance in their private forums?) until the peace treaty is signed.