Changes

JEDCJT

It had been a difficult time, both for the leaders who sat in the National Emergency Council and the people they ruled. Across the vast region encompassing nearly one-thirds of historic Canada's landmass, the Provisional Military Government had been hard at work in putting the country's electric infrastructure back into operation, the Army Corps of Engineers largely successful in its work. Save for several isolated villages and even some mid-sized towns, much of the country was glittering with light once again.

Not only that, but the nation's oil industry had been undergoing rejuvenation and were rapidly approaching the levels of production that it had reached under the corporate regime. Though the economy had been dealt a devastating blow due to the solar flare and the nationalization program, it was slowly but steadily being placed on the road to recovery. Jobs became steadily available, and the unemployment rate, once high, dwindled. Dozens of smaller, independent industries began to spring up all over the nation.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y0l6x.gif[/IMG]
[i]The economy had been on a slow, steady rise for some time.[/i]

Although the public was happy that the oppressive, exploitative corporate regime was now a thing of the past - indeed, more than a few thanked the solar flare for that - they were unhappy at what they viewed as the slowness (or unwillingness) of the Provisional Military Government in undertaking effort to return democracy to the country. The passage of the Maintenance of Public Order Act and the Consolidation of Government Act confirmed everyone's worst fears of a military despotism, and prompted a swift, massive public demonstations that took place in many major cities and towns across the country.

Even before the massive public demonstrations, even during the 'electrification' campaign, the National Emergency Council had been at work on formulating a new constitution, one that would truly provide the pretext for democracy and delve power in the people, a process further accelerated by an increasingly impatient public. The military, for its part, even urged this on, aware that despite its considerable manpower and resources it could not handle any massive public revolt. It also organized elections at the national level, with the provinces helping out on the local and provincial levels. Citizens, especially the political parties, would play an unprecedented role in the process, with lot of suggestions taken into account and carefully considered.

Finally, the new constitution was finished, and submitted to the people for approval. While copies of the new constitution were distributed to local and provincial bodies across the country, a new flag began appearing in many cities, towns, and villages, taking the place where the Vinilandese, URSR, Ursalian, and Noverian flags had once flown:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HBHVU.png[/IMG]
[i]The new flag.[/i]

This was not all. At around the same time the Constitution was being finalized, the National Emergency Council began receiving petitions, with hundreds of thousands of signatures, from local military governors of the protectorate regions of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and western Montana to join the country. Although the National Emergency Council would have liked to wait until a new national legislature was established in place before the process of annexation began, public opinion won the day, and the Council promptly voted, after deliberations, to formally incorporate Washington, Oregon, and Idaho (with western Montana joining Idaho) into the country. The Army presence in the regions became permanent as new border guard corps were formed to police the new boundaries. This was done with considerable news coverage, though officials tried to keep it as low-key as possible. Anyone accessing the country's official website would see the changes in the map.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QmW93.png[/IMG]
[i]The newly-incorporated regions.[/i]

In addition to national elections for a new legislature, the promulgation of a new flag, and the incorporation of new territories, the Provisional Military Government would soon assume a new name. 'Noveria' would soon become a relic of the past.

Lastly, the people of Manitoba approved, in a referendum, a proposition to rename their province to [b]Lago das Pradarias[/b] (meaning "lake of the prairies"), with the capital renamed to Winnipa. The National Emergency Council now proceeded to conclude its work...

Edited by JEDCJT

After days and weeks of deliberations all around the country, the new constitution met fairly wide approval from provincial legislative bodies and local constituencies. In a national referendum organized by the Vinilandese Institute of Statistics (VIS), the constitution received an overwhelming 92 percent approval. The constitution reflected the extent the National Emergency Council had gone in considering the demands and wishes of the population it ruled over in regards to safeguards, checks, and balances.

In Nadrink, a certain Royal House was re-established, with the explicit consent of the National Emergency Council. The House of d'Alberquerque, which harked to the days of Viniland, was officially reopened by Salvador d'Alberquerque, a descendant of the late Vicente d'Alberquerque. What was termed the "d'Alberquerque Restoration" garnered wide public support due to the continuing popularity of the d'Alberquerque family in the country.

The approval of the new constitution and the restoration of the House of d'Alberquerque indicated to the National Emergency Council of the desire of the people to return to peace, stability, and prosperity after years of exploitation, oppression, and turmoil, and prompted the military generals to establish something of a link to the past in addition to installing in place a national legislature that would initiate further political reforms.

While elections were taking place across the nation at all levels, in one of its final acts, the National Emergency Council passed a resolution officially dis-establishing the Republic of Noveria and its institutions. The Council even required, by a razor-thin margin, that senior military chiefs resign from their posts, and forbade current military officials from participating in civilian governance. Shortly, in a speech held in Nadrink, d'Alberquerque proclaimed the formation of [b]New Portugal[/b], with himself as Monarch. Having finished its work, the National Emergency Council was duly dissolved, its members resigning from their posts and going back home. Martial law was lifted.

The country had apparently entered a new era, but there was still much work to be done.

[b]The City of Vicente, Territory of d'Alberquerque[/b]

Following the formal incorporation of Washington into New Portugal, a series of changes took place, of which seemed a bit too swift and disconcerting to some inhabitants. Seattle had been renamed to [b]Vicente[/b], in honor of the late Vinilandese monarch, and the [b]Territory of d'Alberquerque[/b] established in place. The new flag, alongside the old Tahoan and Cascadian ones, flew over the buildings and homes throughout the Territory.

Elections for a new Territorial legislature, to be centered in Vicente, was underway, and officials of the Vinilandese Institute of Statistics were busy organizing elections, setting up voting booths and equipment in place, and the like. In short, the Territory of d'Alberquerque was a hive of constant activity, with people going about their businesses.

Any citizen strolling the streets could hardly fathom the events that had transpired in the region in a fairly short time, that is, compared to the longevity of the Tahoan regime in Washington. Whereas the people had lived under the Tahoan flag for over a century, they had now lived through a succession of regimes that came and went. First they lived in Cascadia, then the UKIM, then Austro-America, then Cascadia once again, then Austrian protectorate, and recently Novus Niciae.

All of this served to dilute the once-strong Tahoan-Irish community throughout the region; large communities of Germans, Austrians, and Portuguese settlers lived shoulder to shoulder with their Tahoan-Irish counterparts. Irish remained spoken by a considerable percent of the population in the Territory of d'Alberquerque, but so was a myriad of other regional languages that had once been suppressed by the xenophobic Tahoan regime.

Although martial law was lifted, Army troops still maintained a considerable presence on the streets, though they were steadily delegating responsibility to the civilian police, which was currently being formed, being based on the New Portuguese model.

Following the conclusion of national elections, the New Portuguese government (comprising of the King and his court, while Parliament is being formed) mandated the establishment of civilian governance across the country, particularly the 'consolidation' of police forces. Directives were dispatched from Nadrink to all provincial and territorial capitals, setting forth specifications for the formation of police forces at the federal, provincial, and local level. Each province, territory, and district were responsible for the formation of police forces under central supervision, and were allowed to form their own National Guards ([i]Guarda Nacional[/i]), which would be subject to federal control under certain circumstances.

The [i]Polizefederal[/i] was re-established and underwent modifications. As in Vinilandese times, the [i]Polizefederal[/i] became a truly centralized force, with considerable powers compared to before; the [i]Polizeprovincial[/i] were delegated under the authority of each province and territory ([i]Polizeterritorial[/i]), with the [i]Polizelocal[/i] being delegated, in turn, under the [i]Polizeprovincial[/i]. Each police forces were delegated with tasks, powers, and responsibility appropriate to their level of authority. For instance, the [i]Polizeprovincial[/i] was tasked with the enforcement of hunting, fishing, and environmental laws, among others.

However, the federal government established a new police force subordinate to the Ministry of Internal Affairs: the [i]Polizeprisao[/i] (Prison Police). The [i]Polizeprisao[/i], administratively separate from the other police forces and centralized under the federal level, will be tasked with operating the nation's prison system (including jails, penitentaries, correctional facilities, and mental institutions) and the transportation of inmates. A new training academy (the [i]Polizeprisao[/i] Academy) was established in Kamloops.

After deliberations, Parliament passed an Act establishing the administrative organization of the Kingdom, in some cases codifying what was already in practice.

As New Portugal was to be a federal monarchy, it was organized into Provinces and Territories governed by Provincial Governors and Territorial Premiers, respectively. However, each Provincial Governor was to be assisted by a Lieutenant-Governor, who would serve as the viceregal representative of the Monarchy. Likewise, each Territorial Premier was to be assisted by a Royal Commissioner, who would represent the Monarchy in the Territories.

In turn, each Province and Territory was to be divided into Districts, which would be governed by a District Governor. Each District would in turn be sub-divided into Localities. A Locality (urban and rural areas) would be administered by a Mayor and would have a limited form of autonomy.

In the [b]Consolidation of Government Administration and Organization Act[/b], Parliament also mandated that each Provincial Governor and Territorial Premier be assisted by a Deputy Chief of Police of the [i]Polizeprovincial[/i]. Each District Governor was to be assisted by a Chief Superintendant of Police, also from the [i]Polizeprovincial[/i]; and Mayors by Inspector of Police of the [i]Polizelocal[/i]. In the ascending operational structure, the Deputy Chief of Police would report to the High Chief of Police of the [i]Polizefederal[/i].

---

The reorganization of the Armed Forces following the formation of New Portugal began to take form. The [b]New Portuguese Defense Forces (NPDF)[/b] formally became the new name of the military, to be led by a Supreme Commander. The Supreme Commander would be nominated by the Prime Minister and formally appointed (or relieved) by the King with the approval of the Legislative Council of Parliament.

The NPDF would be divided into the [b]New Portuguese Army (NPA)[/b] led by the Chief of Army Operations, the [b]New Portuguese Air Force (NPAF)[/b] led by the Chief of Air Force Operations, and the [b]New Portuguese Navy (NPN)[/b] led by the Chief of Naval Operations. Other organizations to form part of the NPDF would include the [i]Forzaespecial[/i] (Special Forces), Border Guards Command (which would assume command of the New Portuguese Border Guard [NPBG] in wartime), Training Command (TC), and Reserve Forces Command (RFC).

The Noverian Coast Guard had been reformed into the [b]New Portuguese Coast Guard (NPCG)[/b]. Responsible to the Ministry of Maritime Affairs during peacetime and the Ministry of Defense during wartime, the NPCG is tasked with safeguarding, defending, and protecting the maritime security of New Portugal, including but not limited to promoting its maritime interests within its territorial waters and EEZ, performing maritime law enforcement (MLE), conducting search and rescue operations (SARO), and providing environmental protection (MEP). It is responsible for protecting New Portuguese ports, docks, coastline, and waterways, and will employ 30,000 personnel, of which 10,000 would be full-time, and will utilize a total of 35 vessels as well assorted helicopters and aircrafts for its tasks.

[b]The [i]Polizeprisao[/i][/b]

Formed under the aegis of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, specifically the Department of Prison Affairs (DPA), the [i]Polizeprisao[/i] is tasked with administering and operating the Kingdom's prison system, cutting across federal, provincial, and local lines to form a truly centralized system. As supreme authority rests in the Director of Prison Affairs, who reports to and is accountable to the Minister of Internal Affairs, provincial and local authorities does not have jurisdiction over prison affairs.

To achieve the task of coordinating the nation's extensive but multi-faceted prison network, Parliament with the approval of the King granted the Ministry of Internal Affairs wide-ranging powers, within reasonable limits, to achieve just that. It established extensive, but still ambiguous, guidelines and measures for the Internal Affairs Ministry to implement, responsibilities that the said Ministry instead delegated to the DPA.

Ironically utilizing the old prison system established by the corporate regime, the DPA, headed by its tough Director, Edgar Kiel, proceeded to trample as many toes as he could in his zeal to establish an unified prison system. DPA agents frequently clashed with provincial and local authorities regarding the prison systems, but Kiel's DPA usually won out in the end. Hundreds and then thousands of jails, penitentaries, correctional facilities, and mental institutions were taken outside the control of provincial and local authorities, and into that of the [i]Polizeprisao[/i]. An uneasy arrangement was established in place whereas the regular police ([i]Polizefederal[/i], [i]Polizeprovincial[/i]/[i]Polizeterritorial[/i], and [i]Polizelocal[/i]) was to turn over convicted criminals to the [i]Polizeprisao[/i] for internment.

A central, streamlined system was imposed over all the prison institutions taken under control, albeit with some local differences that were allowed to exist, or at least tolerated by the new prison regime. Security reached near-draconian levels, with increased presence of heavily-armed prison guards and appropriate measures employed to prevent any break-outs or prison riots.

Edited by JEDCJT

• 2 weeks later...

[b]PUBLIC ACTIONS[/b]

The collapse of the neighboring Three Tribes Confederation had caught the New Portuguese government off-guard, and the New Portuguese Ambassador stationed in the Embassy in the Three Tribes capital had confirmed this to the Ministry of External Affairs.

With a heavy heart, Prime Minister Silva issued orders for the Ministry of Defense to send in troops into the region to secure the vast region. Over 80,000 troops - 30,000 from the Territory of Joia (Idaho), 30,000 from Nova Coimbra, 10,000 from Rio Grande do Leste, and 10,000 from Lago das Pradarias - were sent into the region.

Southwards from Nova Coimbra and eastwards from Joia, the troops converged upon the cities of Helena and Great Falls, occupying them. At the same time, the troops from Rio Grande do Leste and Lago das Pradarias made their way to the cities of Bismarck, Fargo, and Minneapolis. Overhead, paratroopers were flown in military transport aircrafts toward the cities of Sioux Falls, Omaha, Des Moines, and Cheyenne.

[b]OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS[/b]

"Due to the recent collapse of the Three Tribes Confederation, the aforementioned regions shall revert to New Portuguese protection, taking effect immediately."

What the Ministry of External Affairs did not say, however, was that the regions - Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota - were slated to be formally incorporated into the Kingdom of New Portugal.

[b]CLASSIFIED/VISIBLE THROUGH SATELLITES[/b]

The operation, codenamed [b]WINTER CLEANING[/b], was a reported success so far. After several hours, the troops had physically secured the reminder of Montana, occupied Wyoming, taken over North Dakota, took over half of South Dakota, and asserted control over three-fourths of Minnesota, hurtling toward Minneapolis. The paratroopers did their jobs: they had landed in and successfully secured Sioux Falls and Omaha, and were in the process of doing so in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids. Swarms of military transport aircrafts were currently on their way to Cheyenne.

Behind the lines, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Ministry of Defense worked with Army officials to establish the frameworks for a Territorial government to be formed in each of the regions. The Consolidation of Government Administration and Organization Act was implemented in practice: the now-defunct but still functioning Three Tribes Confederation police became 'auxiliaries' for the time being and attached to Chief Superintendants appointed to districts and Inspectors of Police appointed to localities. It would over time be divided into the [i]Polizefederal[/i], [i]Polizeterritorial[/i], and [i]Polizelocal[/i].

At around the same time, the Army Corps of Engineers began assuming operational responsibility over not only strategic locations (such as bridges, power stations, dams, etc.), but also over Three Tribes military bases that had been built. Several 'tripwire' bases masquarading as old radio stations and various companies were discovered alongside the old borders, but their staff were retained for the time being. Alapataw Airbase in northwestern Montana, Fort Sitting Bull in southeastern Montana, Tohkalus 1st Region Logistical and Defense Center in western North Dakota, Chawkeban Airbase in western Wyoming, Cherokee 2nd Region Logistical and Defense Center in North Dakota, and Toh-Sal-Eee Airbase in western Minnesota had been already occupied and secured by regular Army units, and their assets and resources taken over.

Regarding the armed forces of the now-defunct Three Tribes Confederation, half of the Three Tribes Army were given honorable leave, with the enlisted and non-commissioned officers, as well generals, being required to swear an oath to the New Portuguese Constitution, the King, and the Kingdom. All weaponry, vehicles, supplies, and equipment came under New Portuguese ownership.

The operation was in full-swing, and the troopers continued on with their tasks, imposing law and order along the way.

The Army continued on with its operations, securing Minneapolis and the rest of Minnesota. The reminder of South Dakota came under military control as regular Army units linked up with their paratroop counterparts in Sioux Falls. Cheyenne, along with southern Wyoming was occupied in turn, and so was Iowa and its capital of Des Moines. Alongside the new southern borders, border checkpoints were established at the following border crossing points:

[quote]Evanston, WY
Burntfork, WY
Baggs, WY
Cheyenne, WY
Lorenzo, NE
North Platte, NE
Central City, NE
Lamoni, IA
Keokuk, IA
Burlington, IA
Davenport, IA
St. Paul, MN
River Junction, MN
Duluth, MN[/quote]
As Army units began setting up checkpoints in conjunction with New Portuguese Border Guard officials, several more ex-Three Tribes military bases were occupied and put back into operation for the benefit of the New Portuguese. This included the Kerrutus 3rd Region Logistical and Defense Center located in southeastern Wyoming, Yakama Airbase in northern Nebraska, E-How-Kee 4th Region Logistical and Defense Center in southern Nebraska, and Fort Big Horn in Iowa.

In the former Three Tribes capital, several classified documents were discovered and transported to Nadrink under incredibly tight and extremely classified security clearance. These included documents pertaining to Case Bravo, Case Echo, and Case Gregor.

Operation WINTER CLEANING was declared a success, and New Portuguese laws and resolutions began to be applied throughout the new regions.

• 2 weeks later...

The notable lack of activity in the neighboring CAN neighbor of the Northern Federation was noticed by the Canadian confederal government, or more like the New Portuguese portion of the Canadian government. Premier Salvador d'Alberquerque notified his Greenlandic counterpart regarding the operation to restore law and order in the region, which was entirely surrounded by Canada.

Thus, 10,000 New Portuguese troops (now Canadian) stationed in the Northwest Province (formerly a CAN protectorate) were sent into the region to secure control. Flying on military transports, the Canadians would proceed to make their way to the capital and major cities of the defunct-Northern Federation. The Greenlandic section of the Canadian military were contacted, through secure channels, to participate.

The operation to restore law and order in the former Northern Federation was declared a success when Army generals reported that Canadian troops had successfully secured the major cities throughout the region. In the major cities, Canadian (New Portuguese) officials began the process of formally incorporating the region into the Northwestern Province, cooperating with their Greenlandic counterparts to bring this about.

All but several hundred of the Northern Federation military were formally dissolved as the soldiers and personnel of the now-defunct Northern Federation military were honorably discharged and sent back home. The NF Coast Guard were incorporated into the Canadian Coast Guard, and retained for its purposes in the Hudson Bay area.

Since the formation of the Confederation of Arctic Nations and Dependent Areas (C.A.N.A.D.A.), the provinces, territories, and protectorates of the now-defunct Kingdom of New Portugal had been converted into Provinces of Canada. The provincial governments, along with regional and local administrative bodies, that had existed in New Portugal continued to exist under the new regime. And so did their respective flags, mottos, and anthems. The Provinces of Canada, from the New Portuguese side, are as follows (with capitals indicated in parentheses):

[quote]Province of Nova Coimbra (capital: Calgari)
Province of Coumbina (capital: New Lisbon)
Province of Alta Vancavite (capital: Nanaimo)
Province of Rio Grande do Leste (capital: Regina)
Province of Lago das Pradarias (capital: Winnipa)
Province of Nova Alasca (capital: Juneau)
Province of Alberquerque (capital: Vicente)
Province of Oragua (capital: Salem)
Province of Joia (capital: Joia City)
Province of Montana (capital: Helena)
Province of Iowa (capital: Des Moines)
Province of Dacota (capital: Mobridge)
Province of Wyoming (capital: Casper)
Province of Nebraska (capital: Omaha)
Province of Minnesota (capital: Minneapolis)
Province of Yukon (capital: Yukon City)[/quote]
The New Portuguese Coast Guard was officially recognized into the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG), and officially placed under the aegis of the Canadian Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans - although the Regional government of New Portugal continued to have a considerable degree of operational and administrative control of the CCG in New Portuguese waters. Likewise, the three-tiered law enforcement service in the Region of New Portugal (the [i]Polizefederal[/i], [i]Polizeprovincial[/i], and [i]Polizelocal[/i]) remained intact in its structures and duties, and so was the [i]Polizeprisao[/i] in all prisons, penitentaries, jails, and detention centers across the Region of New Portugal. There was a strong possibility, though, that the New Portuguese law enforcement system would be merged with that of the Greenlandic system to form the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), or something to that effect.

Finally, the House of d'Alberquerque remained in existence in the Region of New Portugal, and Salvador d'Alberqueque remained the King in the eyes of the New Portuguese population despite the fact that he was now officially one of the two Premiers of the Canadian Confederation. The New Portuguese political parties - Monarchist, Labor, People's Republican, Libertarian, Martencist, National, and even the small-but-growing Ultranationalist - remained in operation as well. The Portuguese and Italian culture in New Portugal, dating back to Vinilandese times, remained very strong.

Noting the lack of communication coming from the Republic of Rough 'N Ready in the historic region of Canada, the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in conjunction with the Canadian Ministry of Defense authorized the initiation of [b]Operation Colorado[/b].

Over 40,000 troops, with another 20,000 serving as back-up, were dispatched into the region. The troops, ferried in Humvees on land and in military transports via air, crossed over the border from Wyoming and Nebraska. The troops quickly took over and secured the major cities of Lincoln and Grand Island; southern Nebraska was to be reunited with the reminder of the Province of Nebraska, with the capital transferred from Omaha to Lincoln in due time.

At the same time, the vast bulk of troops made their way toward Denver and Colorado Springs, with the intents of securing them. A squadron of fighters began taking off into the air toward Colorado with the purpose of conducting air patrols of the skies above Colorado. The final status of Colorado, once it was secured, remained unclear. Several members of the Canadian Parliament wanted it to join Canada as a province; others wanted Colorado to become a protectorate as to provide a 'buffer' between Canada and the French-Occupied Gulf Federation.

While the troops were making their way into Colorado, the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs duly made an announcement to the world:

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

[quote]The situation in the neighboring Republic of Rough 'N Ready had compelled the Government of Canada to undertake proper action deemed necessary to mitigate the anarchy taking place there. As Colorado was once under Portuguese protection before the formation of the now-defunct Republic of Rough 'N Ready, it shall revert to Canadian protection once again.

[b]CANADIAN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS[/b][/quote]

Edited by JEDCJT

After hours, the troops entered Denver, Colorado Springs, and other Coloradan cities, and shortly, the entire region was firmly under Canadian military control. Army troopers began taking over Rough 'N Ready border checkpoints alongside the border between Colorado and the French-occupied Gulf Federation and began sealing them off, one by one. The same happened alongside the border between Nebraska and Kansas, and the troops were issued this time 'shoot-to-destroy' orders.

All military bases in Colorado were taken over by the military for the most part, and duly came under jurisidiction of the Canadian Ministry of Defense. This included the Cheyenne Mountain Base, and the Canadian government sent a classified message to General Ian Kennedy of COMINT through secure channels, requesting him to vacate the base within thirty days. The government would provide some assistance if needed, but the International Brigades needed to leave Colorado, and this was non-negiotable.

While all of this was happened, debate regarding Colorado's final status continued in the Canadian Parliament.

In provincal elections held in the Province of Alberquerque, and ratified by officials of the Canadian Election Commission (CEC), the Ultranationalist Party achieved a significient victory, garnering over 60% of the votes in the Alberquerque Legislative Assembly.

This victory was deemed a "breakthrough" for the growing Ultranationalist Party, headed by its founder and leader Kieran Kelly. "This has been a great victory for us," Kelly stated in a speech held in Vicente (Seattle). The Ultranationalist leader, in no uncertain terms, promised that his party would lead the Province of Alberquerque to "greatness" within the Canadian Confederation. Exactly what this would mean remains to be seen.

Some political analysts were not enthusiastic about the Ultranationalist victory in a province that used to be one of the former Tahoe's frontier states. They noted the similiarities between the former Tahoan National Party and the current Ultranationalist Party, voicing concerns of a "resurgence of Tahoe in Alberquerque within Canada."

There were no comments as of yet from Lord Protector Salvador d'Alberquerque on the Ultranationalist victory, but a speaker of the House of d'Alberquerque congratulated the people of Alberquerque on making a choice that "reflected the desires of the [Alberquerque] people, one that was channeled through the legitimate democratic process in Canada."

Formerly known as Washington State, the Province of Alberquerque is among the most populous provinces in Canada, with Vicente ranked in the top ten cities in terms of population. It is also considered a 'Nationalist stronghold' in terms of provincial pride, culture, and tradition.