A Joint Ordo Paradoxia / Synergy Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1320776004' post='2841734']
All I know is that we consistently fight the same number of, if not more, wars than anyone else out there with a shorter turn around. I also know that we try to do the right thing despite being bombarded by chatter by others (ask our friends LE).

[/quote]

Love you KJ but thats !@#$%^&*

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]I just wonder where I can get a copy of the TE manual some of you are using. Its forbidden to baptize new alliances and strong groups like tW with war in a war game.[/b][/quote]

tW haven't been "strong" in a while, also what new alliances are you talking about? GDA? I know that you know GDA is for newb training and isn't up to code with the rest of TE.

Its forbidden to hit an [b]elite[/b] alliance 10-11 days after they peace out,[/quote]

Nope, grats on that.

its also forbidden to hold your position for a bit.
[/quote]

When you hold it for 30 days yes, it seems to be a trend though.

we attempted a war that didn't work out--after we went to the strongest alliance in the game and was willing to give up a blitz advantage and fight a full fledged war for as long as both sides wanted.
[/quote]

Full fledged? I don't remember but were nukes going to be used? I only ask because TPC has a history of not using nukes in a war.

All I know is that we consistently fight the same number of wars, if not more, than anyone else out there with a shorter turn around. I also know that we try to do the right thing despite being bombarded by chatter by others (ask our friends LE).
[/quote]

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1320776406' post='2841738']
Love you KJ but thats !@#$%^&*
[/quote]

Of course ADude, this is just good, friendly banter after all. ^_^

I'm assuming you are taking exception to that entire statement? Have we been found to fight a war or two fewer than other alliances and/or wait a month to fight a war in the past? Have we been known to work closely with someone then surprise attack them when it was politically advantageous?

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1320776785' post='2841743']
tW haven't been "strong" in a while, also what new alliances are you talking about? GDA? I know that you know GDA is for newb training and isn't up to code with the rest of TE.

Nope, grats on that.

When you hold it for 30 days yes, it seems to be a trend though.

Full fledged? I don't remember but were nukes going to be used? I only ask because TPC has a history of not using nukes in a war.
[/quote]

No not talking about GDA. I don't think many knew they were a training alliance (I certainly didn't) and afterward I extended an offer to help with their goal of training and bringing new members to TE because I really do believe in that. To the tW war though, after a number of top alliances moved earlier than expected at the beginning of the round, we went for the best we could get. It was an equal war statistically but warchests and our blitz made the difference.

Yes, it would have been a full fledged war. As I said before, it would have been totally worthless to do anything otherwise because we wanted to fight. The reason we went to them was because there wasn't anything great out there and we were working closely together. It would have negated our blitz advantage but that was better to me than being a partner one day and attacker the next just because everyone thought we should hit them.

As for the 30 day thing, you know me and my members better than that. We certainly didn't hold just to hoard money and hug infra.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1320777072' post='2841747']
Of course ADude, this is just good, friendly banter after all. ^_^

I'm assuming you are taking exception to that entire statement? Have we been found to fight a war or two fewer than other alliances and/or wait a month to fight a war in the past? Have we been known to work closely with someone then surprise attack them when it was politically advantageous?
[/quote]

I quoted it wrong I guess, I take exception to the fact that you said you fight the same amount [b]"if not more, than anyone else out there with a shorter turn around"[/b]. That is what I am calling BS on.

As far as anything political TPC is the most political AA I know, you may not be the first to jump start a world war but you guys are playing politics behind the scenes when it comes to wars and friends, there is no doubt about that.

Yes, we have also been rolled together, because of that I respect you guys but when you guys sit out for weeks at a time and then claim to war more then anyone else that respect dwindles.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1320777636' post='2841754']
As for the 30 day thing, you know me and my members better than that. We certainly didn't hold just to hoard money and hug infra.
[/quote]
(Reason I edited out the majority of it was because I know that the pickings were slim but you could have still just attacked LE)

To huggle infra and money? No, to get a flag I think so.

But before this thread goes too far I just want to make one thing clear: these are three excellent alliances fighting and all of TPC sincerely has the utmost respect for OP and Synergy. These are exceptionally skilled and strong opponents taking on an exceptionally skilled and strong alliance. We are grateful for the challenge.

This will no doubt be a very bloody war and at the end of the day, this war makes our warmongering members on both sides very happy. That, is what TE is all about.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1320777770' post='2841755']
I quoted it wrong I guess, I take exception to the fact that you said you fight the same amount [b]"if not more, than anyone else out there with a shorter turn around"[/b]. That is what I am calling BS on.

As far as anything political TPC is the most political AA I know, you may not be the first to jump start a world war but you guys are playing politics behind the scenes when it comes to wars and friends, there is no doubt about that.

Yes, we have also been rolled together, because of that I respect you guys but when you guys sit out for weeks at a time and then claim to war more then anyone else that respect dwindles.
[/quote]

Ah I see. I was just making the point that we're not in the business of fewer wars or sitting on the sidelines long. I think there have been rounds where we may have fought an "extra" war but we certainly don't like being off the battlefield long and I believe our wars reflect that.

Indeed, we are political and that starts with me. Politics are a part of the game of course, but I think you guys can see that politics do not play a role in whether we do the right thing or not.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1320778117' post='2841759']
(Reason I edited out the majority of it was because I know that the pickings were slim but you could have still just attacked LE)

[/quote]

Pickings are always slim, especially if you are pigeon holed into only fighting one of the big alliances. Timings are off, building doesn't match up, it happens to us all. I think we are especially sensitive to it though and it shows.

As for a flag chase. That's not how we operate. Last round we didn't have aspirations for the flag until I believe day 50-51 and that was only because we were so strong our only option was declaring on the world. This round is no different. Alliance first--and that doesn't mean winning a flag.

Edited by King James XVIII

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1320778814' post='2841767']
Pickings are always slim, especially if you are pigeon holed into only fighting one of the big alliances. Timings are off, building doesn't match up, it happens to us all. I think we are especially sensitive to it though and it shows.
[/quote]

You don't have to tell me what being the "pigeon holed into only fighting one of the big alliances" feels like, thats all RE has done this round, and we have done that without worrying about builds.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1320778814' post='2841767']
As for a flag chase. That's not how we operate. Last round we didn't have aspirations for the flag until I believe day 50-51 and that was only because we were so strong our only option was declaring on the world. This round is no different. Alliance first--and that doesn't mean winning a flag.
[/quote]

Last round you did have aspirations for the flag, DM was chasing and you guys were helping him, thats why you signed a NAP with Anon and OP right?

Also I am fairly convinced that you guys are flag running this round because you have quite a few people that specifically play to flag run, example.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000196

As far as I know he and the others from their last AA in TE (Rocket or something like that) are runners from NEW in SE, its kind of odd that the entire AA would join to not flag run isn't it?

Well the laughter is in [u]good fun[/u] of course. Believe it or not I have no problem with OP and Synergy :wub: and I appreciate that you guys eventually decided it was better to climb a mountain than have it collapse on you.[/quote]Take note, Mountain climbing is fun and exhilarating experience. ;)

[quote]I just wonder where I can get a copy of the TE manual some of you are using. Its forbidden to baptize new alliances and strong groups like tW with war in a war game. Its forbidden to hit an [b]elite[/b] alliance 10-11 days after they peace out, but its also forbidden to hold your position for a bit. When was the last time TPC went without attempting war for 30 days? Good question. The answer goes farther back than I remember, because three weeks ago we attempted a war that didn't work out--[u][b]after we went to the strongest alliance in the game and was willing to give up a blitz advantage and fight a full fledged war for as long as both sides wanted.[/b][/u][/quote]
You went to LE for war games, they went 'lol rly? $%&@ no.' I certainly don't blame them either because when the two strongest AA's in the game say "Hey! Lets play a game and make off to be a war! hehehe! *LE throws some flowers on TPC* Hehehe! That tickles!" It makes the rest of us go, "Are you serious right now? This is what the best AA's have to offer? What an embarrassment and how even more obvious can Flag running be?

Sorry, but just no.

[quote]
Wait what? What am I saying?

Reports that it [b]is[/b] amateur hour in TPC Gov [b]are[/b] true. Just call me Les Miles and my team LSU. :P

Edit: Grammar.
[/quote]
Glad to know Amateurs can build 30k NS nations with massive warchests, yet have no idea how politics/gov't work.

[quote]
Pickings are always slim, especially if you are pigeon holed into only fighting one of the big alliances. Timings are off, building doesn't match up, it happens to us all. I think we are especially sensitive to it though and it shows. [/quote]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106224&st=0"]Up-declare on LE?[/url]

[quote]
[/quote]

And because Dealmaster had an $80 million warchest turtling the entire round? :smug:

[quote]
But before this thread goes too far I just want to make one thing clear: these are three excellent alliances fighting and all of TPC sincerely has the utmost respect for OP and Synergy. These are exceptionally skilled and strong opponents taking on an exceptionally skilled and strong alliance. We are grateful for the challenge.[/quote]
That's great, I'm glad you have respect for us as we do for you. The problem is I don't respect people very well when they are spouting !@#$%^&* and blatant lies to my face.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1320779789' post='2841773']
You don't have to tell me what being the "pigeon holed into only fighting one of the big alliances" feels like, thats all RE has done this round, and we have done that without worrying about builds.

Last round you did have aspirations for the flag, DM was chasing and you guys were helping him, thats why you signed a NAP with Anon and OP right?

Also I am fairly convinced that you guys are flag running this round because you have quite a few people that specifically play to flag run, example.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000196

As far as I know he and the others from their last AA in TE (Rocket or something like that) are runners from NEW in SE, its kind of odd that the entire AA would join to not flag run isn't it?
[/quote]

Indeed you have and congrats for that, perhaps an econ person should answer this but I believe our smaller member numbers makes things like ANS much more susceptible to big rises and falls. For example, if I took one of our lower nations out of the alliance our ANS even during war would jump about 400. That plays a role when looking at depth and where members fit in for a good fight, not just for the upper tier but all tiers.

Yeah we did, but at the end. NAP had nothing to do with flag running. As for DM, its up to him whether he wants to explain what he did or not and those guys in our alliance took a pledge to fight--I take that seriously and you are more than free to call me on it if you see them not fighting.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1320781024' post='2841784']
Take note, Mountain climbing is fun and exhilarating experience. ;)[/quote]

I see what you did there and I like it. ^_^

You went to LE for war games, they went 'lol rly? $%&@ no.' I certainly don't blame them either because when the two strongest AA's in the game say "Hey! Lets play a game and make off to be a war! hehehe! *LE throws some flowers on TPC* Hehehe! That tickles!" It makes the rest of us go, "Are you serious right now? This is what the best AA's have to offer? What an embarrassment and how even more obvious can Flag running be?

Sorry, but just no.[/quote]

I think we just have two different views of what happened there and I understand. Don't people complain about the game being stale though? We tried something new and it didn't work. Had we fought, I have no doubt we would have driven each other into the ground. Had we not been working together, we would have hit them in a blitz outright because as I said my concern was being a partner one day and attacker the next. Remember, we were smaller than them in major statistical categories, it would have been advantageous to blitz them instead of giving them a chance to prepare. I do not regret that decision.

Glad to know Amateurs can build 30k NS nations with massive warchests, yet have no idea how politics/gov't work.[/quote]

Hence the Les Miles reference. :P

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106224&st=0"]Up-declare on LE?[/url][/quote]

True. At the end of the day you either do it or you don't.

And because Dealmaster had an $80 million warchest turtling the entire round? :smug:[/quote]

Again, I think DM would be best to answer that. He was not a member of TPC until the very end but even then "winning the flag" was not as important as finishing the round the way we did. We took on the strongest in TE and finished well.

That's great, I'm glad you have respect for us as we do for you. The problem is I don't respect people very well when they are spouting !@#$%^&* and blatant lies to my face.[/quote]

I am spouting a bit, though I'm not sure I'm spouting that lol. I don't think I'm lying or said anything disparaging about any alliance, I think we just have a difference of opinion when it comes to some of the things that has happened in the past. It's a game though and all in good fun, hence my decision to stop ignoring OWF and jump right in :) .

I know this will be a good fight, and I look forward to many more good ones in the future (mountain climbing included) ;)

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1320790074' post='2841833']
For once we are in agreement. :)
[/quote]

By the way, Congrats on the up-declare & working with Synergy. It was about time (latter).

[size="3"]I'd like to say a few words as you don't see me much round here since Confusion arrived.

This is your chance to get your view from the most ridiculously straight-talking guy in TE. I will get several beatings for this from KJ as a result, but I kind of like it.[/size]

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1320761686' post='2841618']
TPC certainly has some massive ass warchests and WRC's... Too much standing around and not doing anything this round, this can't happen again.
[/quote]

[size="3"]Yeah, we've been doing too little lately, I have been thinking deeply for many weeks about how I should spend my 14 billion with no soldiers to blow it on.[/size]

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1320771086' post='2841689']
Interesting that you find this funny considering TPC sat on there asses for 30 days after coming off an easy war with OP after they just finished fighting Anon and SUN when you guys came off an easy war hitting a bunch of newbie micros and tW.
[/quote]

[size="3"]Yeah, OP had it pretty tough... but we do like to bully as an elite alliance, it makes us feel big [/sarcasm][/size]

I just wonder where I can get a copy of the TE manual some of you are using. Its forbidden to baptize new alliances and strong groups like tW with war in a war game. Its forbidden to hit an [b]elite[/b] alliance 10-11 days after they peace out, but its also forbidden to hold your position for a bit. When was the last time TPC went without attempting war for 30 days? Good question. The answer goes farther back than I remember, because three weeks ago we attempted a war that didn't work out--after we went to the strongest alliance in the game and was willing to give up a blitz advantage and fight a full fledged war for as long as both sides wanted.
[/quote]

[size="3"]I think the only manuals alliances are following these days are my nation building guides. Nothing about politics in there.

[b]However[/b], if you want to clear a query up concerning TE ethics, your best bet is to approach the very learned figures that are paul711 and bcortell. They are essentially the rule-makers from my experience if you weren't already aware; alternatively I'm always open to offer advice on how to keep your alliance out of war and in peace mode for the whole round such that you can farm your pixels and your friends' pixels successfully. [/partial sarcasm][/size]

[/quote]

[size="3"]I think we actually do fight relatively more than most larger alliances - the problem is that most of our wars seem to be what paul would class as 'downdeclares'. In fact it got me thinking... this new shorter 5 day war system is actually a pretty bad idea in many respects.[/size]

[/quote]

[size="3"]We're not very political except where RE is concerned and possibly SUN. That is my view although I am the worst person to ask about politics.

We do however play with a very high emphasis on nation-well-being, much like the alliances OP, PS and LE in that particular order. That is partly my fault, and also unfortunately due to the way our long-serving members have become accustomed to playing TE which you may experience should you one day decide to get a flavour of TPC as a community.[/size]

[/quote]

[size="3"]Perhaps our recent laid back attitude will entice more alliances to have a go at us on the battlefield. I'll be waiting with my shotgun.[/size]

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1320778117' post='2841759']
[/quote]

To huggle infra and money - Yes.
To attempt a flag win - only for certain individuals, one of which has been mentioned in this topic. There are roughly five in total in TPC. Unfortunately their chances aren't relatively good (especially taking into account Kardashian's [Solaris] and RE's current positions), but at least they will benefit from the experience, as have I. I find it quite a thrilling experience myself - knowing you've got individual competition and that there are always entities out there hungry to take you out, most of the time Confusion or bcortell these days - but I'm sure that will change as it already has in a sense.

Glad to know Amateurs can build 30k NS nations with massive warchests, yet have no idea how politics/gov't work.
[/quote]

[size="3"]HAHAHA! That's me!!![/size]

And because Dealmaster had an $80 million warchest turtling the entire round? :smug:
[/quote]

[size="3"]Firstly even I couldn't remember how much I ended up collecting and secondly I just turtled for most of the round I'm pretty sure, so let's not go off thinking I got away with everything for the whole 58 updates. That was my flag-running tactic which only works when there is a lot of mutual destruction in TE, which there was last round and the one before that, but not this round; so unfortunately I think Confusion and co might lose out to a large nation in a large alliance if they have opted, this round, to mirror my recent strategy.[/size]

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1320785503' post='2841804']
They know...
[/quote]

[size="3"]Thanks for the input.

This is a clownfish:
[img]http://cdn.dailyclipart.net/wp-content/uploads/small/clipart0048.jpg[/img]

Thanks, lovin the banter[/size]

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1320794576' post='2841886']
words
[/quote]

It's funny because you think you know what I was referring to & you don't. Secondly, you won because alas, I made a mistake. If it wasn't for my hasty miscalculated decision, you know very well the results would've been different. Also, yes, accuse the guy who has been mostly inactive for the entirety of the round of flag chasing. It's nice to see you finally broke the 5k infra barrier, though. Congrats!

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1320794576' post='2841886']
[size="3"]much like the alliances OP, PS and LE in that particular order[/size]
[/quote]

I take issue with this. At least if we were at either end of the list, we could make unapologetic assumptions. But you had to stick us right in the middle.

[quote name='BarefootHillbilly' timestamp='1320806360' post='2841964']
Any word from the front?

All I hear on my radio is the banter of Generals.

I am wondering what the pulse of the fighting man is in respect to the present campaign. Thanks in advance.

:)
[/quote]
I like it. :)

This has been a great fight so far. I've been hit with coordinated attacks at multiple times during the day.

The best wars are ones where you have to worry about your nation from update to update instead of just [i]at[/i] update.

There is nothing like sitting in work/class praying you don't come home to 20+ messages and a nation reeling after surprise attack.

That's why I don't sleep now <_<

Keep those nukes and GA's coming OP/Synergy! I've rolled over 200k casualties ^_^