Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320613253' post='2840518']
Again, not the point, I don't believe I was praising NSO for acceping peace, I am just saying, the wording on the wiki for this war is correct, NSO didn't admit defeat or surrender, this is all I said and nothing more.
[/quote]

Them not admitting it doesn't make it any less true, dear.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace at last.

Thank you to our allies who have granted immeasurable moral and material support.

NSO and Tetris, you fought well. Let us move forward from this hard contested field of battle into a new age of understanding and respect.

[quote]Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . .[/quote]

ITT: Trying to spin this into an NSO victory and Legion being evil by offering white peace on condition of accepting reality to disguise their warmongering.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320612944' post='2840511']
Reality? Reality didnt matter when Legion allies were all "hurr durr 5 alliances to take out Legion"(even thought the 5 all tolled, only had a VERY mild NS advantage, and still had a tech and ANS deficit). Reality? Reality didnt matter when most of IAA refused to fight, thereby giving Legion a HUGE NS advantage overall, everyone still congratulates Legion on a "great victory", when in reality, there was nothing "great" or even exceptional about the victory. A victory it was? Yes. Great it was? Had IAA fought, then perhaps. That they didnt, does not make Legions vicory "Great", it makes an overall 3:2 advantage beatdown. As long as we are talking about... reality....[/quote]

Why so sour? You should stop eating those lemons :)

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320613473' post='2840524']
The whole "IT DOESN'T COUNT AS A WIN BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THEY WERE AT WAR AGAINST WERE BAD AT IT!" argument just makes anyone using it sound like an idiot. I thought you were smarter than that. How silly of me.
[/quote]

Where oh where did I say it doesnt count as a win? I very clear said a win it was. What I said was, and no matter HOW you want to spin it, I am right, there is nothing EXCEPTIONAL about it. Its really no different at all than any other win that has ever HAPPENED iN CN history. Except for the theatrics going on around it, it was pretty unremarkable from the get go. This is not a new stance from me, I have been preaching and screaming the reality of the numbers and the situation since day 1. At no point, however, did I call it NOT A WIN. Athens in the 1st month of the last war, rolled 5 smaller alliances than us (ZOMG 5v1???????????????????)... we had a NS advantage, a massive tech advantage, and we did what we should have done. We won. It wasnt a GREAT win, it wasnt exceptional in any manner. This is really no different. At the end of the day, when you add up the numbers, and factor in IAA's refusal to fight, Legion did what they should have done, and kudos on that. But people who call it a "great victory" are just mindless hailers who really grasp no concept of what happened in... get ready for it.... reality....

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1320613735' post='2840530']
Why so sour? You should stop eating those lemons :)
[/quote]

Sour? You know me better than that my friend. I am sour about nothing. I said from day 1, Legion should win. Legion won. They did what they should have done. Its just simply not remarkable, and the "ZOMG 5 alliances vs 1" nonsense, is exactly that, nonsense.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320613722' post='2840529']
ITT: Trying to spin this into an NSO victory and Legion being evil by offering white peace on condition of accepting reality to disguise their warmongering.
[/quote]

You should have waited to post this for a few more pages. We haven't gotten THAT far yet :P

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320613517' post='2840526']
Them not admitting it doesn't make it any less true, dear.
[/quote]

Let me try to make it a little simpler to understand.

I am saying that the wording of this topic is the same as the wording put on the wiki.

I'm not talking about stats or whos side says what, if the topic said "NSO admit defeat" then the wiki should say that as well, but it doesn't.

Does this make sense yet? I'm only talking about words being written down as they are in effect here.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320613868' post='2840534']
Sour? You know me better than that my friend. I am sour about nothing. I said from day 1, Legion should win. Legion won. They did what they should have done. Its just simply not remarkable, and the "ZOMG 5 alliances vs 1" nonsense, is exactly that, nonsense.
[/quote]
Whelp, it was a 1 on 1 standup fight that lasted over a month and ended in a clear Legion victory. Everybody was sayin we'd cave in a week.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320613773' post='2840532']
Where oh where did I say it doesnt count as a win? I very clear said a win it was. What I said was, and no matter HOW you want to spin it, I am right, there is nothing EXCEPTIONAL about it. Its really no different at all than any other win that has ever HAPPENED iN CN history. Except for the theatrics going on around it, it was pretty unremarkable from the get go. This is not a new stance from me, I have been preaching and screaming the reality of the numbers and the situation since day 1. At no point, however, did I call it NOT A WIN. Athens in the 1st month of the last war, rolled 5 smaller alliances than us (ZOMG 5v1???????????????????)... we had a NS advantage, a massive tech advantage, and we did what we should have done. We won. It wasnt a GREAT win, it wasnt exceptional in any manner. This is really no different. At the end of the day, when you add up the numbers, and factor in IAA's refusal to fight, Legion did what they should have done, and kudos on that. But people who call it a "great victory" are just mindless hailers who really grasp no concept of what happened in... get ready for it.... reality....
[/quote]

Oh, the exceptional part comes in in that it was Legion, and very few people expected them to win, regardless of their statistical advantage. That they did, after their long, sad history of embarrassingly bad performances is kind of exceptional.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320613722' post='2840529']
[/quote]

The only posts I've seen out of anybody involved (NSO, Tetris, Legion) are ones of "hey man, good war, rebuilding time". It's kind of funny, you lot accused NSO of teaming up with MK and VE (one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, by the way) to get Legion curbstomped. But then they accepted white peace and moved on, making everyone eat their words. And now you're accusing them of attempting to claim victory because they wrote "white peace" on their wiki, which is just hilarious.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320613773' post='2840532']
[/quote]
I don't think it's being called "great" because of any stats differential. I think it's being called "great" because of the circumstances surrounding it. NSO and Tetris bullied Legion for months and months, and given Legions reputation, no one expected them to do anything about it. When they did, everyone was shocked. Since they won, people are now happy for them. It's not a great victory in terms of all CN wars, but it's a great victory for The Legion because they finally stood up for themselves.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320614013' post='2840541']
Let me try to make it a little simpler to understand.

I am saying that the wording of this topic is the same as the wording put on the wiki.

I'm not talking about stats or whos side says what, if the topic said "NSO admit defeat" then the wiki should say that as well, but it doesn't.

Does this make sense yet? I'm only talking about words being written down as they are in effect here.
[/quote]

The Wiki pretty clearly says "Coalition Defeat, Strategic Defeat, Statistical Defeat.". Are you going to say the wiki is wrong now?

Edited by pezstar

quote]The Alliance of the New Sith Order does hereby accept the offer of Peace from the Legion and withdraws from the field of battle.[/quote]
:lol1:

[quote]The Alliance of Tetris does hereby admit defeat to the forces of the Legion and withdraws from the field of battle.[/quote]
:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Congrats Legion! I remember when the war started and everyone was saying "Goodbye Legion." I suspected Tetris had bit off more than it could chew with messing with you and looks like I was right. Great job! :D

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1320614171' post='2840545']
Whelp, it was a 1 on 1 standup fight that lasted over a month and ended in a clear Legion victory. Everybody was sayin we'd cave in a week.
[/quote]
Most assuredly, EVERYBODY was not saying that. Dont make up facts to try to gloss your win, enjoy it. Let it be what it is.

So much for NSO not accepting peace so that MK/VE would take out Legion for them.

Congrats on peace y'all. Props to Legion for finally standing up to themselves, and NSO for going all in against bigger numbers.

Edited by Azaghul

Congrats to all parts. To the enemies I have fought during my short time in the conflict:

-DarknessDecends or Ambigua (Tetris)
-Ollanius Pius of Imperium of Man (NSO)
-Techron of Chronorica (NSO)
-Turin of Fictinal Nation (NSO)
-another one I may have forgotten...

I salute you, no hard feelings gentlemen :) .