Official announcement from the Legion

o/ Peace

I'd like to give props to
Rayvon of NSO
Griff of NSO
Dane0 of Tetris

I had several several wars this time around and you three were the only ones who gave me a hard time. Made this war a lot of fun, best of luck in the future to all of you.

Edited by Immerael

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1320611756' post='2840490']
I love how NSO's wiki was quick to call this one simply "White Peace" to avoid saying "Legion Victory" or "NSO Defeat"...
[/quote]

Maybe read what they agreed to...

[i]The Alliance of the [b]New Sith Order[/b] does hereby [b]accept the offer of Peace[/b] from the Legion and withdraws from the field of battle.[/i]

Not sure where it says they where [i]defeated[/i] or [i]surrended[/i] so the wording of the wiki is correct.

lol NSO can say whatever they want but they not only lost in fighting to Legion, they also lost tremendously in the PR dept and even lost in their attempts to escalate this matter further :awesome:

damn it's always nice to see how ruffled NSO members get when they know they have to eat their words :lol1:

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320612072' post='2840496']

[i]The Alliance of the [b]New Sith Order[/b] does hereby [b]accept the offer of Peace[/b] from the Legion and withdraws from the field of battle.[/i]

Not sure where it says they where [i]defeated[/i] or [i]surrended[/i] so the wording of the wiki is correct.
[/quote]

They can write whatever they want. They lost.

Congrats to Legion for winning their first war in a long time.
Congrats to NSO on their coming strategic victory.
Congrats to VE for not declaring war on the alliance defending Tetris.
Congrats to MK for...stuff.

I think I got everyone.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1320611756' post='2840490']
I love how NSO's wiki was quick to call this one simply "White Peace" to avoid saying "Legion Victory" or "NSO Defeat"...
[/quote]

NSO has never lost a war, didn't you know? They're undefeated, the greatest military in the cyberverse. The world could be ripped to shreds around them and NSO would be standing strong on the smoldering bodies of their allies.

Coalition defeat, NSO "Strategic Victory"

[/quote]

Debating semantics only does anything when the reality isn't stupidly blatant.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1320612609' post='2840506']
Debating semantics only does anything when the reality isn't stupidly blatant.
[/quote]

Reality? Reality didnt matter when Legion allies were all "hurr durr 5 alliances to take out Legion"(even thought the 5 all tolled, only had a VERY mild NS advantage, and still had a tech and ANS deficit). Reality? Reality didnt matter when most of IAA refused to fight, thereby giving Legion a HUGE NS advantage overall, everyone still congratulates Legion on a "great victory", when in reality, there was nothing "great" or even exceptional about the victory. A victory it was? Yes. Great it was? Had IAA fought, then perhaps. That they didnt, does not make Legions vicory "Great", it makes an overall 3:2 advantage beatdown. As long as we are talking about... reality....

[/quote]
Oh, how kind of NSO to finally accept the peace offered by Legion. They must be the the kindest and most benevolent alliance on Bob.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320612944' post='2840511']
Reality? Reality didnt matter when Legion allies were all "hurr durr 5 alliances to take out Legion"(even thought the 5 all tolled, only had a VERY mild NS advantage, and still had a tech and ANS deficit). Reality? Reality didnt matter when most of IAA refused to fight, thereby giving Legion a HUGE NS advantage overall, everyone still congratulates Legion on a "great victory", when in reality, there was nothing "great" or even exceptional about the victory. A victory it was? Yes. Great it was? Had IAA fought, then perhaps. That they didnt, does not make Legions vicory "Great", it makes an overall 3:2 advantage beatdown. As long as we are talking about... reality....
[/quote]

I think what makes it great is that everyone was giving crap about Legion not being able to fight and sucking at war etc, yet they managed to fend off 5 alliances against 1. So what if IAA didn't fight? Then that is the coalition's fault for bringing in an ally that couldn't fight. Regardless, Legion beat 5 alliances, and NSO had to bring in MK/VE to save their bruised faces.

Thus, congratulations on the great victory Legion.

-omfg

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1320613077' post='2840513']
Oh, how kind of NSO to finally accept the peace offered by Legion. They must be the the kindest and most benevolent alliance on Bob.
[/quote]
After 50 pages of people saying we were co-conspirators in the VE/MK action, and predicting we would sit by and watch Legion get destroyed at little cost to ourselves? Yeah, I'm looking forward to some folks eating their words.

[/quote]

That NSO simply wanted the same peace that those who aggressively attacked Legion got, does not make them at all unreasonable, or wrong. If you dont want to live with the consequences of setting a precedent, then dont set it.

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1320611126' post='2840478']
So NSO ends up not having to surrender or admit defeat? Well congrats to Legion on winning the battle and congrats to NSO for winning the war. :lol1:
[/quote]
People can call it whatever they want, but it's obvious to everyone that the NSO lost this war in every way. In less than a few weeks they'll start claiming it was a victory via some backwards logic, but to everyone sane and rational this was a well earned victory for Legion, and a defeat for Tetris, NSO, and their allies. I mean, in order to view this as anything other than a defeat for the NSO you have to be stupid or utterly ignorant to how this war played out.

Legion, I know you fought well and worked hard. Many doubted you, but you proved them wrong. Well done, my friends.

[/quote]

Again, not the point, I don't believe I was praising NSO for acceping peace, I am just saying, the wording on the wiki for this war is correct, NSO didn't admit defeat or surrender, this is all I said and nothing more.

Much respect to my adversaries from NSO. Well fought, and congrats to all governments on achieving peace. :)

Edit: I don't know what I pushed to get that stupid icon beside the post time. Sorry. Lol

Edited by T.Hubb

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320612944' post='2840511']
[/quote]

The whole "IT DOESN'T COUNT AS A WIN BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THEY WERE AT WAR AGAINST WERE BAD AT IT!" argument just makes anyone using it sound like an idiot. I thought you were smarter than that. How silly of me.

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1320613168' post='2840514']
I think what makes it great is that everyone was giving crap about Legion not being able to fight and sucking at war etc, yet they managed to fend off 5 alliances against 1. So what if IAA didn't fight? Then that is the coalition's fault for bringing in an ally that couldn't fight. Regardless, Legion beat 5 alliances, and NSO had to bring in MK/VE to save their bruised faces.

Thus, congratulations on the great victory Legion.

-omfg
[/quote]

When you have 6.3 million NS vs ~4.1 million NS, and you win, it doesnt make you good at war. Examples? Prior to Karma, how many wars did GGA lose? I'll let that soak in. They showed they can perform well when they have numbers. Had they even give close to 1/4 of this performance in the previous war, it is likely that none of this ever would have happened. Digest that a little too. Legion's obstacle is overcoming their reputation, and winning a war against what turned out to be a much smaller foe, does not make that go away. It IS good, as I said, that they FINALLY said enough is enough, and took some action, but the action they took was against an alliance 1/9 their size, and only after that foe's most powerful ally had downgraded a treaty partly because of the very reason Legion declared war. So, even THAT is tempered by that pesky thing... called.... get ready for it... reality.