A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

So wait, you're coming in to ride to NSO's rescue so they can not admit defeat in a war they've lost, and so they can spew crap about not having lost for the next year?

I really don't see what you gain by this. NSO is not of value to either of you, and your moral obligation to get Tetris out of the hole would be better fulfilled by encouraging them to agree to a peace agreement without letting NSO keep them there with their stubbornness.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320431327' post='2838559']
So wait, you're coming in to ride to NSO's rescue so they can not admit defeat in a war they've lost, and so they can spew crap about not having lost for the next year?
[/quote]

They could have claimed victory regardless, NPO did it forever wrt the first Great War.

I really don't see what you gain by this. NSO is not of value to either of you, and your moral obligation to get Tetris out of the hole would be better fulfilled by encouraging them to agree to a peace agreement without letting NSO keep them there with their stubbornness.
[/quote]
No, they're going to ride to Tetris rescue because NSO/Legion are punishing them too drastically. No wait, they're going to ride to Legion's rescue because NSO is the only party holding up the negotiations. No wait, they're going to ride to the community's rescue to save us all from $@*% posting. No wait, they're just bored and want to throw nukes at somebody. Yeah, that's it.

[/quote]

Not at all Mr. Janova, read up. Particularly the part about where this applies to both NSO and Legion and the horrifying post where Leet Guy agrees with D34th about NSO just needing to accept defeat to end this before the 72 hours is up (to be frank though I don't care how they get to peace so long as it's not ridiculous for the situation like reps, and just asking for an admission of defeat is not ridiculous).

Unexpected, right?

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[/quote]

I believe the OP says that they'll attack both NSO and Legion if they don't resolve this.

LMFAO, I could give two craps about this war but alas it has finally entertained me. The mentioning of VE and class in the same statement AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, never has such a large group of classes whores assembled under one banner.

o/ CNARF[s] V3.0[/s][s]V4.0[/s]meh, what ever incarnation this is.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320431580' post='2838565']
Not at all Mr. Janova, read up. Particularly the part about where this applies to both NSO and Legion and the horrifying post where Leet Guy agrees with D34th about NSO just needing to accept defeat to end this before the 72 hours is up.

Unexpected, right?
[/quote]
I'm fine with this. Problem is, NSO has made it clear many times that they will not surrender. I'm fine with tetris getting out; they've taken plenty of punishment, it's true. My main question is whether or not NSO will stop after tetris leaves the war. And if the Legion/NSO war continues for whatever bizarre reason after tetris leaves, will MK and VE still follow through with this?

It might nominally be aimed at both but the implied threat against Legion is much, much larger. NSO is already losing a war and would, without allied intervention, be forced to surrender at some stage anyway, so the threat of being rolled by VE and MK is not so important. Legion is currently winning and in a position to impose lenient terms on most reasonable alliances, so the threat to roll them is a far larger one.

As I say, I think it is right and proper for you to pull Tetris out of this hole at this point; they have paid the price for their initial offence and they don't deserve to be held at war for the stubbornness of others. But I don't think this is the right way to go about it, because in outcome it will essentially reward the obstructors-in-chief.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320432102' post='2838578']
It might nominally be aimed at both but the implied threat against Legion is much, much larger. NSO is already losing a war and would, without allied intervention, be forced to surrender at some stage anyway, so the threat of being rolled by VE and MK is not so important. Legion is currently winning and in a position to impose lenient terms on most reasonable alliances, so the threat to roll them is a far larger one.

As I say, I think it is right and proper for you to pull Tetris out of this hole at this point; they have paid the price for their initial offence and they don't deserve to be held at war for the stubbornness of others. But I don't think this is the right way to go about it, because in outcome it will essentially reward the obstructors-in-chief.
[/quote]

It won't. You know very well I don't aim at anything nominally.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

So if Legion say they only want NSO to admit defeat and are willing to end the war then and there, but NSO refuses and makes it drag out. Will MK/VE back Legion and tell NSO to stand down, or will you guys attack Legion as well, even though they are trying to get peace?

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1320432245' post='2838581']
So if Legion say they only want NSO to admit defeat and are willing to end the war then and there, but NSO refuses and makes it drag out. Will MK/VE back Legion and tell NSO to stand down, or will you guys attack Legion as well, even though they are trying to get peace?
[/quote]

I honestly think that VE/MK just hate Lol and NSO

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1320432245' post='2838581']
[/quote]

We will take no sides in the peace negotiations; no favorites.

I really hope that NSO and Legion keep warring because I think it'd be hilarious to watch Logan and the rest of Tetris' actual government figure out how to handle our MDP partner being hit by our ODP partner... with the CB being [i]us[/i]. What an awesome announcement!

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320432502' post='2838586']
I really hope that NSO and Legion keep warring because I think it'd be hilarious to watch Logan and the rest of Tetris' actual government figure out how to handle our MDP partner being hit by our ODP partner... with the CB being [i]us[/i]. What an awesome announcement!
[/quote]
I think i was a bad idea for that reason among many many others....bit they announced it thay cant go back now...well thay can then nobody would take em seriously...

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1320432427' post='2838584']
I honestly think that VE/MK just hate Lol and NSO
[/quote]

Well at this stage who doesn't.
I just want MK/VE to make sure they don't open the way for NSO to start saying "we never lost it was a draw" two days down the line.

I can understand NSO holding out if Legion asks them to pay 9001b dongs and 0.5 tech, but to get rolled because your adversary refuses to say a single word, is kinda sucky.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1320432493' post='2838585']
[/quote]

Not saying favorites, but if your solution for peace is for both to back down only one side is willing to, will you still attack both, or only the side which continues the war?

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1320432493' post='2838585']
[/quote]
Yet you yourself have even stated that it is NSO holding up the peace talks, so why punish Legion?

[/quote]
Yeah, clearly VE was not thinking about what situation this puts Tetris in in the event that they actually do declare on NSO. And you guys claim to be looking out for your allies.

[/quote]

This is exactly why I hope this ends with peace and not more war.