The Hive

[quote][center][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/PabloPerotti/CN/thehive.jpg[/img]

[b][size=200]The Order of the Grämlins proudly present "The Hive"[/size][/b]

[url=http://www.redcorona.com/cn/gremlins_forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=573%20][b][size=150]Register[/size][/b][/url]

[quote][size=120]Charter of The Hive[/size]

[b]I. Purpose[/b]
The Hive shall exist as a collection of nations who wish to learn the Grämlins way of life. These nations will receive guidance and assistance from the Grämlins, and through their experience and endeavour become strong, self-reliant and suitable for membership.

[b]II. Membership[/b]
1. Membership of The Hive is open to all nations in request, as long as such nation is not:
- a current declared enemy of Grämlins
- a current declared enemy of an alliance in good standing with Grämlins
- previously expelled from The Hive
- vetoed by the Governor or the Grämlins Conclave

2. Members of The Hive must:
- fly the alliance affiliation 'The Hive'
- have a confirmed forum account on the forums of The Grämlins
- agree to be bound by this Charter

3. A member nation may choose to resign from The Hive at any time, as long as they do not have outstanding war orders.

4. Membership of The Hive may be revoked at any time by the Governor or the Grämlins Conclave.

5. Upon leaving The Hive, a nation must make arrangements to pay back any debt accrued during its time in The Hive.

[b]III. Governance[/b]
1. The Hive will be run by a Governor, appointed by the Grämlins.

2. Governors may resign, or be removed by the Grämlins Conclave, at any time. Should a Governor leave the Grämlins, he will be taken to have resigned his governorship. A replacement will be appointed by the Grämlins.

3. The Governor has complete jurisdiction over The Hive affairs, as long as their actions are valid under this Charter.

4. The Governor may, at their discretion, create any number of internal positions and appoint members of The Hive to such positions, in order to assist them in their duties.

[b]IV. Jurisdiction and Autonomy[/b]
1. The Hive is an autonomous region of the Grämlins. Thus, an attack on The Hive is an attack on the Grämlins and will be responded to accordingly.

2. The Hive may not sign militarily binding pacts with other alliances.

3. The Hive may, at the discretion of the Governors, choose to opt out of aggressive wars conducted by the Grämlins.

4. The Hive may not declare war except as part of a Grämlins operation.

[b]V. Assistance[/b]
1. The purpose of The Hive is to assist nations with their material and political strength. Thus the Grämlins will provide The Hive with certain documents about nation building, military matters and other important information.

2. The Hive nations will be provided with opportunities to sell technology.

3. The Hive nations will be given access to loans from the Grämlins Bank in order to facilitate nation building. Nations which accept such loans will be advised in the most effective use of them.

4. The Governor, and at their discretion other Grämlins, will provide individual assistance with respect to nation building, military strategy and miscellaneous other matters that may arise.

5. In order to best be able to provide assistance, the Grämlins membership will have access to The Hive boards.

6. Member nations will be eligible for any Grämlins trade programmes, or bilateral or multilateral trade programmes to which the Grämlins subscribe.

[b]VI. Graduation[/b]
1. Nations which are deemed to have been successful members of The Hive will be permitted to undertake the Grämlins application process even if they do not fit the requirements. In particular, successful membership of the Hive will count as a vouch for the purposes of securing an application.

[b]VII. Amendments[/b]
This charter may be amended by the same procedure as Addendums to the Grämlins Charter.

LiquidMercury, Praetor
BobJanova, Judicator
Sakura, Executor

[/quote]
[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/PabloPerotti/CN/hive.jpg[/img]
[i][b][size=150]The Hive because it just adds up[/size][/b][/i][/center][/quote]

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1320420021' post='2838373']
Wait. You guys have had the Hive for a while, correct? Did you renovate it or something? :huh:

Anywho neat program, I almost joined at one time.
[/quote]

Had it under our previous incarnation. Kind of just restarting it and giving it a new nifty set of graphics. When we reformed we did not initially start the hive up.

This isn't as fun without a Bilrow boogeyman around to threaten to techraid it.

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1320420281' post='2838377']
Exciting news from my old home.[/quote]
Is there an alliance that isn't your old home?

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1320422961' post='2838392']
Can I tech raid it? And then roll argent?
[/quote]

You couldn't roll up a sleeping bag. When it was all over, we would install Blue as your viceroy AND make you keep Calzone.

A lot of the problems last time were down to internal problems at the time – in particular the two Governors refused to work with each other and as a result the whole thing was paralysed. We did get some quality members in there at one point, though.

[quote]Can I tech raid it? [/quote]
You can tech raid any member of Grämlins, or any other alliances, but the consequences are likely to be negative for you. Clause IV.1 should answer the implied question here pretty well.

I'm glad to see this finally come back as a part of the Grämlins. In our original incarnation I considered it an important step to having a better interaction with newer nations, and hopefully it can fulfil that role again.