Disband GOD?

Alterego

426 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1320397271' post='2838285']
No. If they did, what direction would Ardus point his political bff choo-choo train at?
[/quote]
What I usually do is lay out a bunch of papers with alliance names on them on the floor around me. Then I throw a bunch of pennies up in the air. Whichever paper gets the most pennies gets my ire.

Also, voted no.

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1320466336' post='2839344']
What I usually do is lay out a bunch of papers with alliance names on them on the floor around me. Then I throw a bunch of pennies up in the air. Whichever paper gets the most pennies gets my ire.

Also, voted no.
[/quote]

And whoever gets the quarter is +5. Coincidentally, this is also how I set up RoK's FA path. :ph34r:

On the fence.

Want to vote "no" because they haven't accepted Johan into their hearts yet.

But want to vote "yes" to get out of those scandalously immoral reps.

I think I'll just use the most trusted advisor when making important decisions: the magic 8 ball.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

*types 'should god disband'*
*shakes it like a baby*

Hmm, says "No Way!"

Not nearly exciting enough; better try the other magic 8 ball.

*sniff* *sniff*

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1320419292' post='2838363']
Not sure. It would be interesting to see what alliance Xiphosis would join.
[/quote]

[OOC]After 5 years of doing Foreign Affairs (this month), I probably wouldn't move on. I enjoy CN still, but it's also a time sink and I mostly do it for love of GOD at this point. Granted, I don't half-ass it, but it's still not really a sizable chunk of my life anymore.[/OOC]

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1320412811' post='2838324']
Even if the poll comes out 100% in favor, it is still impossible, as long as GOD itself wishes to continue.
[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say, soon or later people will realize that the only people who can disband an alliance is the members of said alliance.

It continually amuses me that people act as though the possibility of someone trying to disband GOD has never entered our minds... Or maybe we were just supposed to oh-so-conveniently flip over to moralism once the political situation started to get unfavorable.

Either way, hahaha [i]no[/i].

OOC: It'd give me a good reason to quit CN, so...eh. /OOC

Edited by Aurion

Sure are more "yes" votes in the poll than "yes" votes in the comments. So I take it GOD has more "respect" (based on fear) than people would like to admit ;) Otherwise why be quiet in the comments when voting "yes" in the poll?

Oh, and I voted yes. It's TOTALLY against my usual philosophy and I also agree with the people who say that one group can't truly force another to disband - period. However, I am curious to see what the members of GOD would do, how long THEY would fight, etc. if this were actually attempted.

Guess that put's me on some secret list over at GOD HQ at this point. :P I'm doomed, better watch my back :unsure:

Edited by White Chocolate

My God. How someone can complain about the state of the Bob and then support disbanding one of the most interesting, ambitious and, yes, competent alliances in existence is absolutely beyond me.

Edit: Just going to point out that this place would miss GOD a hell of a lot more than it would ever miss BAPS.

Edited by New Frontier

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1320515793' post='2839702']
Sure are more "yes" votes in the poll than "yes" votes in the comments. So I take it GOD has more "respect" (based on fear) than people would like to admit ;) Otherwise why be quiet in the comments when voting "yes" in the poll?
[/quote]

Maybe some people have nothing more than "yes" to add? Seems a bit pointless to just have a topic full of "Disband GOD" or "Don't do it" posts, so people can quietly vote one way or another and those with extra to add can make comments.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1320501219' post='2839576']
Exactly what I was going to say, soon or later people will realize that the only people who can disband an alliance is the members of said alliance.
[/quote]

Agreed. A little bit of a frivolous poll if you ask me. But it is interesting to see what the community thinks of this alliance haha.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1320884843' post='2842422']
Voted No, I dont believe in disbandment.

Funny thing is most seem to think GOD would be better without Xiph. I am not sure this is true and prefer to go with what I know. GOD is prob next to nothing without GOD, but is Xiph next to nothing without GOD?
[/quote]

Planet Bob is nothing without Xiph and you all know this.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1320473141' post='2839441']
[OOC]After 5 years of doing Foreign Affairs (this month), I probably wouldn't move on. I enjoy CN still, but it's also a time sink and I mostly do it for love of GOD at this point. Granted, I don't half-ass it, but it's still not really a sizable chunk of my life anymore.[/OOC]
[/quote]

You'd come to INT and you know it. ;)