Nordic Council

Kaiser Martens

As the Kaiser of Danzig once again addressed the assembled delegates, Ericsson's aide would read an urgent email, at which point his eyes widened, and he quickly rushed over to Ericsson's side. He knelt down next to Ericsson and passed along his mobile phone to the Swedish Prime Minister, who looked at the message and picture on the phone from [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106342&view=findpost&p=2840396]Sweden's Minister of International Affairs and Trade[/url]. His face grew grave as he read the messages' commentary, and sighed softly, before looking around the table to see if any delegates had noticed his reaction to the message, luckily attention was on Danzig's Kaiser at the moment.

As the Danzig Kaiser finished speaking, Ericsson stood up, after taking a sip of water, and spoke softly, his voice and emotions still even. "I apologize gentlemen, but I have urgent matters that require my immediate attention in Sweden, I must return with all haste to Stockholm to address said matters. I bid you all farewell, and good luck in this endeavor, I must refrain from Sweden's involvement in this bloc for the time being."

He bowed his head slightly, then exited the room, at a steady pace, his demeanor stoic, his aide following him quickly.

"Please send us a permanent representative. We'll continue later, when Sweden has time."

Heutling thought for a moment and then spoke,

"Alright. We've made sufficient achievements today. Because having all the heads of state here whenever something is needed would be less than practical, same as I said to the Svean, each nation should leave here one permanent representative as well. In the meantime I think the issues we had to deal with were the following, add more of course if you feel like it."

-Nordic Passport (Open Borders)
-Economic Cooperation (Funding and financing)
-Waterway Travel Cooperation (Including infrastructure)
-Access to new markets to our companies (Case per case basis?)
-Monetary Cooperation (Even if a common currency may not be desireable, agreeing to regulate our currencies' values respective to one another is needed)
-How to improve our defense without seeming to improve our [i]offense[/i] (Far inland exercises?)
-Linguistic Policies (Scandinavian, Nordlandic, and German as official languages?)
-How to help and ensure that Danzig remains stable politically (Not just in the face of communism)

"Any agenda items I may have overlooked?"

[i]'With the break up of Germany, I suggest to the remaining Nordic Nations present here, the establishment of the Nordic Council. At our current position we are weak, we must defend ourselves! Especially since our Fatherland has been dissolved. We can do so by cementing this Pact together and even perhaps inviting the Federation of Arctic Nations to join in. What do you say?'[/i] asked Franz after receiving a call from his office back home about the break up of Germany.

Unsure of whether or not anyone else was still around, King Haakon said, "I belive we should adjourn the meeting until the Swedes are ready to re-join us and at such time we should also invite the FAN, Finland, Greater Germany and Hethnamark to join the council. We are willing to continue to host the council in Copenhagen one the meeting restarts."

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg