Lets do something about it

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='GNC1700' timestamp='1322686897' post='2857234']
Ok explain to me how this is a bad idea...

-_-
[/quote]

Because what you define as a crappy alliance others might not and vice versa. Who dictates which is a crappy alliance and which is not? I personally think your alliance is !@#$. Does that mean you get NO access to new members?

What one person picks as an answer one day may change that answer on another day.

Alliances are a varied mix of people that don't always sing of the same hymn sheet, This is what makes them enjoyable rather than yes i agree with everyone else alliances.

A survey wouldn't fix a single thing, the only thing it would do is aggravate new people joining by them having to fill out some stupid survey.

This game is in decline, there is nothing these threads will throw up that will cure the problem, it will continue to decline regardless of whats done to save it. It's just the way it is and it's just the way it will be. Declining until its left with a few thousand people or until it becomes too much of a hassle or cost for the admin to run.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1322687107' post='2857237']
Because what you define as a crappy alliance others might not and vice versa. Who dictates which is a crappy alliance and which is not? I personally think your alliance is !@#$. Does that mean you get NO access to new members?

What one person picks as an answer one day may change that answer on another day.

Alliances are a varied mix of people that don't always sing of the same hymn sheet, This is what makes them enjoyable rather than yes i agree with everyone else alliances.

A survey wouldn't fix a single thing, the only thing it would do is aggravate new people joining by them having to fill out some stupid survey.

This game is in decline, there is nothing these threads will throw up that will cure the problem, it will continue to decline regardless of whats done to save it. It's just the way it is and it's just the way it will be. Declining until its left with a few thousand people or until it becomes too much of a hassle or cost for the admin to run.
[/quote]
I don't think you read what I said right, whether an alliance is good or not is your personal opinion that's why there should be a survey. For example, some people focus on economy while some people focus on war. There are alliances that focus on economy and there are some that focus on war. People are going to keep changing their AAs until they find the right one, this is an even more aggravating. That's why this game is starting to suck.

Edited by GNC1700

[quote name='GNC1700' timestamp='1322687669' post='2857245']
I don't think you read what I said right, whether an alliance is good or not is your personal opinion that's why there should be a survey. For example, some people focus on economy while some people focus on war. There are alliances that focus on economy and there are some that focus on war. People are going to keep changing their AAs until they find the right one, this is an even more aggravating. That's why this game is starting to suck.
[/quote]

Correction this game has sucked for years ;)

this is not something new that's started to happen.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='JohnHancock' timestamp='1321805804' post='2847454']
sorry Anson I though you were the Author of this post. but there wasn't any real personal attack made towards this thread, just because I saw Rick Perry, but it seem the solution to CN's Problems were under a political format to which I strongly oppose it. [/quote]

Nobody talked about Rick Perry or anything related to him until you went off on a stupid rant.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1320182289' post='2836702']
I like dying cybernations. It's more fun.
[/quote]

This. I don't see what the problem is.

OK, so maybe one day you have only 2000 people playing the game. You get megaalliances with 110 people, and the micro line is at 9 people. A micro that stays intact with that many must be extremely active. And it's not like the 300+ member alliances today have high activity. You lose the players who aren't really playing; the ones who are literally just paying bills.

A dying CN kills more alliances, which is a good thing. You get less treaty conflicts. You get more people actually doing something. It'll be like simplifying a really thick book into a thinner one, you get to the damn point, instead of watching alliances dance around for years and spending days of negotiations to pull out of a war due to all the different factions you have to herd together.

And if you've been watching, a lot of people still go in and out of CN, rerolling. The game won't truly be dead, not for a very long time.

The game dies when the population is so small Admin isn't making enough off ads and donations to make it worth his time to keep the CN servers running. When that day comes, goodbye.

I don't really see how game population though makes Bob more or less desirable. Look at Pax Pacifica, massive population and yet it was a unipolar world with a fairly stagnant political scene. Go back to the Citrus War. It was NPO, ODN, GPA, NAAC, GATO, and The Legion as pretty much the alliances on the world stage. Yet no one complains that was a boring time. The game could definitely be improved if a lot of alliances realized it isn't 2007 anymore and reworked their guides and overall FA policies, but many alliances have and the game will move forward.