A Last Imperial Announcement.

Taget

The one time AODB worked with IAA, I was deeply impressed by the ability and heart that Chim had for his allies. It is a shame to see that this is coming to past, and I wish all of the IAA members good luck in their new home in GATO.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a member of IAA since 2006, a time when we were strong allies with Legion fighting in one of the earliest great wars, I was sad to see my home diminish lately. It strangely felt like a piece of me was dying-- even in RL.

Reading this thread, however, is awesome. It warms my spirit, and serves as a reminder of what a gigantic impact this alliance truly had. It's astonishing to see people I once recruited years ago heading alliances. It's amazing to see how widespread and far-reaching the impact of this strong-minded, strong-willed group of people really is.

IAA recruited and produced the most passionate CN players-- those with a mind of their own. When an alliance was ZI'd, or curb-stomped, oftentimes the best players knew exactly where they could go to find refuge. In turn, we often had the most dynamic and outspoken leadership in the CN world-- a relatively small-to-midsized alliance carried many of the best players this game ever saw.

I am glad to have had any opportunity at all to learn from and play alongside these greats-- these giants of CN who made their impacts everywhere.

Today, I am warmed in spirit to see a huge outpouring from former IAA members from alliances all over the treaty web. To know our Diaspora lives on in other places-- spread like seeds to the wind-- tells me something special will come of this. Sometimes you have to die in order to live. Sometimes you have to spread your legacy and your way of existing to all corners of Cybernations to win the game.

Believe it or not... I think IAA has won. :) ...We held to an ethos during a time when it wasn't popular. That ethos is everywhere on Planet Bob today. I guess you win and then you die...

Thank you for the outpouring of support from our allies, friends, and adversaries-- especially from our eternal friends in GATO, LOSS, TLR, and more. My home is now GATO-- long live that great Spanish cat in the sky!

--flowingfire, off to retire in CN's big furry brown heaven

EDIT: LMAO, my AA still says Vox Populi on here. Oh, history.

Edited by flowingfire

As sad as this is to see, it's almost a relief that it's finally happened. It's been sad to watch what IAA had become over the months, and former members like myself have been saddened to watch it degenerate into a shadow of it's formal self. IAA was a home I loved very much at one time; in fighting and splinter groups did indeed mark the timeline of IAA but the times were still good ones. It will be missed, but it was indeed time.

o/ IAA

[center][IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/cottonblack726/IAA/IAAnewsigcopy.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1320131925' post='2836342']
After this last attempt at war, i doubt anyone is particularly suprised.
Good luck not fighting in your chosen alliances name elsewhere.
[/quote]

Shhhh.

Please learn your history/pay attention before making dumb posts.

Thanks.

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1320181124' post='2836692']
Shhhh.

Please learn your history/pay attention before making dumb posts.

Thanks.
[/quote]
To elucidate; i'm not speculating that they disbanded due directly to the last war. I'm saying that if an alliance can't even commit to its own decisions it can't be faring too well.

if anyone raids iaa or NsO I will make sure that they will get targeted, please do try.

I will miss you IAA, I really will, you guys been one of the best allies and I will always love you, LoSS will indefinitely protect IAA nations, try it and see what happens

o/ IAA :awesome:

Wow so it is finally over, I still remember fighting alongside IAA during the GATO-1V war with a sincere degree of fondness and despite falling out of love with IAA from time to time my respect has never wavered. So long guys and good luck in GATO.

Great, now we'll have a bunch of Star Wars fans in charge of our democracy. We trekkies will lose all of our rights.

This is where GATO reveals we actually set up this entire war in order to force IAA to merge into us. Fear our deviousness.

D:

IAA has a special place in my CN heart for no particular reason outside of spending years in LOSS and months in GATO, followed by about two months in IAA directly.

I'll miss having the idea of IAA around, and as my 3rd longest home, I'll miss the friends I made there.

o/ IAA

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1320185799' post='2836734']
if anyone raids iaa or NsO I will make sure that they will get targeted, please do try.

I will miss you IAA, I really will, you guys been one of the best allies and I will always love you, LoSS will indefinitely protect IAA nations, try it and see what happens

o/ IAA :awesome:
[/quote]

maybe i should put that to the test :P