Reverse merger chain?

Ghuxalia

On the wiki, if an alliance has merged into another, there is a link pointing to the new alliance. But as far as I know, there is no way to track mergers backwards from the end alliance, unless specifically mentioned in the text of the article. So, if it is only my knowledge that is lacking in this situation, I would appreciate it if that were to be remedied.

I too think that there isn't a systematic way of extracting reverse-mergers from the wiki, and that these are only occasionally mentioned in the text of an article.

If you search the wiki for the text "Merge notice", including the quotes, it should produce a list of all the Alliance articles annotated with that infobox and this gives a list of the [i]forward[/i] mergers that absorbed an alliance. Traversing these links is the easiest way I can see to build a reverse-merger tree, but there's no guarantee that the 'Merge notice' infobox has been applied everywhere it is relevant.

[quote name='Custodian' timestamp='1320013856' post='2835242']
I too think that there isn't a systematic way of extracting reverse-mergers from the wiki, and that these are only occasionally mentioned in the text of an article.

If you search the wiki for the text "Merge notice", including the quotes, it should produce a list of all the Alliance articles annotated with that infobox and this gives a list of the [i]forward[/i] mergers that absorbed an alliance. Traversing these links is the easiest way I can see to build a reverse-merger tree, but there's no guarantee that the 'Merge notice' infobox has been applied everywhere it is relevant.
[/quote]
This is a much better method: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Merged_alliances
The template auto-inserts that category into pages where it is used. You can get alliances that merged into another, rather than forming on an equal ground, with this category: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Annexed_alliances

While i'm terrible with Wiki's Rok has about 8 splinter alliances.

ARES, Apocalypse, Epicurean, Mjolnir (not the bloc), RAD, NPL, and a few others i'll have to rack my brain about.

edit: didn't see Rok under \m/

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1320079991' post='2835779']

ARES, Apocalypse, Epicurean, Mjolnir (not the bloc), RAD, NPL, and a few others i'll have to rack my brain about.

[/quote]

You won't see Rok under \m/ simply because while the majority of those who founded Ragnarok were former \m/ members, Ragnarok is not a direct spinoff of \m/.

I was always interested in Athens, who acquired Dark Evolution, who was a merger of 3 alliances, and I THINK two of them were creatied via a merger as well. Blew me away and now they are part of TLR. The amount of alliances tied up in TLR has be be a lot

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1320103788' post='2836031']
I was always interested in Athens, who acquired Dark Evolution, who was a merger of 3 alliances, and I THINK two of them were creatied via a merger as well. Blew me away and now they are part of TLR. The amount of alliances tied up in TLR has be be a lot
[/quote]
That's actually what I was thinking of. When Hyperion and OIN merged into GR a few years ago, I called them HyperGROIN. I realized the other day that TLR could be called "I =LOST= my HyperGROIN in Athens". Then I got to thinking how many other alliances could be expanded like that, and how many times. I tried to check the wiki, but to no avail.

[b][u]Athens[/u][/b]
-Result of a Camelot and Heros of the Union merger. Neither appear to be created via merger.
-ATAC merges into Athens. No wiki on them
-Dark Evolution merges into Athens. No wiki confirmation, but I remember it

Dark Evolution is a result of Legio X, BDC, Obsidian, and Element merger.
-Legion X is a result of Cosa Nostra, Order of the Sword merger. Neither appear to be created via merge, but CN has no wiki.
-Obsidian is a result of United Black States and the Crescent Moon Republic merger.
-United Black States seems to of acquired Coalition of United Countries.
-Element wasnt a result of a merger, but note that most members came from HoG and MCXA...dont think that counts though

[b][u]Greenland Republic[/u][/b]
-Hyperion merged into GR
-OIN merged into GR

LOST doesnt appear to of had any mergers. This is all information I just grabbed from the wiki, some alliances had no history/founding information and/or didnt have links to announcements so some information may be missing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So...TLR...in total is comprised of:
LOST
Athens
GR
DE
Camelot
Heroes of the Union
ATAC
Legio X
Element
BDC
Obsidian
Cosa Nostra
Order of the Sword
UBS
CMR
CUC
Hyperion
OIN

It would be nice if I had photoshop or something to make a little tree diagram...but ya know...

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1320112842' post='2836114']
It would be nice if I had photoshop or something to make a little tree diagram...but ya know...
[/quote]
Thanks for that. Now do it for every other alliance ever. :P Classes end in two weeks (+1 day, which is also my birthday! :D), and then I have a week of nothing* while I wait for my last-day final. This could be a could way to waste time once all my friends go home! Or someone else could do it for me. *hopeful look*

*Except for taking one other final, but that's only like an hour out of the entire week.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1320112842' post='2836114']
[b][u]Athens[/u][/b]
-Result of a Camelot and Heros of the Union merger. Neither appear to be created via merger.
-ATAC merges into Athens. No wiki on them
-Dark Evolution merges into Athens. No wiki confirmation, but I remember it

Dark Evolution is a result of Legio X, BDC, Obsidian, and Element merger.
-Legion X is a result of Cosa Nostra, Order of the Sword merger. Neither appear to be created via merge, but CN has no wiki.
-Obsidian is a result of United Black States and the Crescent Moon Republic merger.
-United Black States seems to of acquired Coalition of United Countries.
-Element wasnt a result of a merger, but note that most members came from HoG and MCXA...dont think that counts though

[b][u]Greenland Republic[/u][/b]
-Hyperion merged into GR
-OIN merged into GR

LOST doesnt appear to of had any mergers. This is all information I just grabbed from the wiki, some alliances had no history/founding information and/or didnt have links to announcements so some information may be missing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So...TLR...in total is comprised of:
LOST
Athens
GR
DE
Camelot
Heroes of the Union
ATAC
Legio X
Element
BDC
Obsidian
Cosa Nostra
Order of the Sword
UBS
CMR
CUC
Hyperion
OIN

[/quote]
There already is one. I don't have it. Someone will eventually post it though.

[quote name='Ghuxalia' timestamp='1320117248' post='2836180']
Thanks for that. Now do it for every other alliance ever. :P Classes end in two weeks (+1 day, which is also my birthday! :D), and then I have a week of nothing* while I wait for my last-day final. This could be a could way to waste time once all my friends go home! Or someone else could do it for me. *hopeful look*

*Except for taking one other final, but that's only like an hour out of the entire week.
[/quote]
My new classes start today so...I'll wait for you to do it :awesome: I'll give you one more Legacy but thats amount it, ours isnt very exciting :P

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1320079991' post='2835779']

[/quote]
RAD was not a splinter from RoK. You also missed out a couple from the "go forth and proper period" There was that alliance on yellow that was lead by SMH. At about the same time as Apoc formed. Prior to that there was the move of former ASC dudes to form something that later turned into Athens i think [could be wrong about this one]. Also another splinter which comers to mind was The Corporation, comprised to a large extent of people that left RoK to form it, quiet a few of them were formerly the ole iClean crew, but they did take a load of Rokkers with them.