Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320243951' post='2837032']
Convenient spin there, but no.

We are quite definitely defending Tetris from an aggressive act from Legion. An act of aggression that was provoked is still aggression all the same (Again, the opposite of aggressive is passive.), NSO is bound to Tetris and would definitely defend a friend even without the Defense treaty. Funny thing about defense treaties, they're kind of a promise that you will come to the defense of an ally when said ally is attacked. There is no provision of "Well, if we agree with the CB we don't have to"

They also do not contain a clause requiring you to come to the "defense" of an ally who attacks another alliance and receives a retaliatory declaration. You really don't understand how treaties work, do you?
[/quote]

Congratulations, you're defending Tetris. Now what?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1320242171' post='2837022']
Ho-ho-holllld on there, hippo. As an IRON Councillor and Pax Pacifica global cesspot you know very well why, because you and your allies spent 4 years creating the system.
[/quote]
Weren't you in the old GOONS?

Like i said before this is pride and arrogance.

NSO:

You declared on the Legion even if it was in defence it still makes you an aggressor.

Real life example of this, Germany hits the UK the US sends support as in aid. Japan hits the US, US hits Germany, Japan, and Italy. It still made them an aggressor.

Legion:

They are winning in the Statistics obviously some people are blinded by pride and arrogance or they would see this.

Overall:

NSO your trying to spin the situation in your favour just stop, for the sake of everyone involved accept reality. Your going to be defeated, GATO needs to quit making baseless threats especially since ninja doesn't speak for the gov. RoK I highly doubt without support your gonna come rolling in on the Legion.

[color="#0000FF"]This entire "aggressor/defender" line of argument is stupid. And many of you are stupid for continuing it so long. Outside of the alliance that was initially attacked, in this case Tetris, everyone can be labeled an "aggressor." Out of all the alliances only Tetris didn't choose to go to war. Same with NPO in the Doomhouse war. Or bah. Bah. Bah. Bah. Bah. What nonsense. Really, it is irrelevant. Bah. I haven't time for your ramblings. Bah.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Tetris declared war on no one. Legion, however, actively made the choice to go to war. Whether or not their reasons were valid, that is not being debated, no one forced Legion. Just as no one forced NSO or any other alliance that chose to defend Tetris. So your "aggressor/defender" nonsense is quite irrelevant. Quit trying to portray either side as right or wrong. Morality is rubbish, and subjective. That is the Truth. Bah.[/color]

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1320260841' post='2837134']
Like i said before this is pride and arrogance.

NSO:

You declared on the Legion even if it was in defence it still makes you an aggressor.

Real life example of this, Germany hits the UK the US sends support as in aid. Japan hits the US, US hits Germany, Japan, and Italy. It still made them an aggressor.

Legion:

They are winning in the Statistics obviously some people are blinded by pride and arrogance or they would see this.

Overall:

NSO your trying to spin the situation in your favour just stop, for the sake of everyone involved accept reality. Your going to be defeated, GATO needs to quit making baseless threats especially since ninja doesn't speak for the gov. RoK I highly doubt without support your gonna come rolling in on the Legion.
[/quote]

You do realize Magicninja is GATO govt. right?

[quote name='Lord Hershey' timestamp='1320261621' post='2837143']
So how did Tetris not choose to go to war?
[/quote]

Because they got declared on, didn't declare on anyone.

NSO [s]your[/s] [b]you're[/b] trying to spin the situation in your favour just stop, for the sake of everyone involved accept reality. [s]Your[/s] [b]you're[/b] going to be defeated, GATO needs to quit making baseless threats especially since ninja doesn't speak for the gov. RoK I highly doubt without support [s]your[/s] [b]you're[/b] gonna come rolling in on the Legion.
[/quote]

You misused "your" in place of "you're" three times within three sentences. Whatever argument you may have had is rendered null and void.

[quote name='MikeCrotch' timestamp='1320250649' post='2837062']
Maybe rather than opt for peace NSO simply want to continue wage war for the hell of it? If GOONS were at war with a bigger alliance you can be sure we'd keep pounding until there was nothing left of our alliance. Not everyone thinks peace is the best option.
[/quote]
If they want to suicide charge into the valley of death then they are welcome to do so, but they ought to tell Tetris that so Tetris don't get pulled into an indefinite beatdown with them.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320262102' post='2837147']
You misused "your" in place of "you're" three times within three sentences. Whatever argument you may have had is rendered null and void.
[/quote]

Ahh yes, grammar invalidates ideas, i forgot. [s]Your[/s] [b]You're[/b] an idiot[b].[/b]

[quote name='mike717' timestamp='1320263873' post='2837156']
Ahh yes, grammar invalidates ideas, i forgot. [s]Your[/s] [b]You're[/b] an idiot[b].[/b]
[/quote]

More like, Grammar changes sentences so that it says something completely different.

Your idiot says You're an Idiot. There's a difference, learn it.

EDIT: If you disagree, I refer you to my signature before you post a reply.

Edited by Krunk the Great

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah?

[b][u]Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.[/u][/b] Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah; blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah. Blah BLAH blah blah blah blah. [b]Blah blah blah blah.[/b]

/me waves his e-peen around.

[size="1"](Seriously? 61 pages?)[/size]

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1320235325' post='2837003']
NSO is reaching desperately and they appear to think this spin job is the best chance they have.

If this was how it worked then once the main combatants peaced out everyone else in wars would just stop as they had no more reason to fight. While superficially accurate, they do almost all end up agreeing to white peace in many cases, or terms/reps in others. There is no de facto truce in place once the main combatants peace out. The war continues and it isn't a new conflict. Once you hit someone, regardless of the reasoning, you are in it until they agree to terms you set for ending it, or until you agree to the terms they set forth for ending it. They can set the terms however they wish, and they are not obligated to offer similar terms to all of their opponents. Regardless of how unfair you think you can play the terms off as. The war doesn't end until one sides terms are met, the losing side has far more incentive to acquiesce than the winning side, barring superb a super PR job or outside pressures. The PR spins NSO has tried have been pretty lacking, even for NSO. I say that as no fan of NSO throughout it's existance. You guys have even made me agree with Dochartaigh and Timeline. Dochartaigh and I don't get along well in alternate universes, and Timeline... he and I have never agreed as far as I can remember.

I can't be bothered to read through to see if NSO is still pulling the "We are winning/We aren't losing" argument. If they are and if they believe themselves, why the implied threats of calling in allies? If you are winning then just keep doing so until Legion (Whom you despise if I am correct), has to ask you for terms. Let your deeds on the field of battle speak for you. Force Legion into submission and show all their words here to be baseless.

Now if you know that that argument is just a bunch of hot air, sure you can call in RoK or others, it's as much an admission of defeat as the "S" word would be, in fact I would say it's worse as you are trying to fight it even as you admit it. But hey, if you guys think calling in allies to hit Legion will hide the disgrace you feel over losing to them then so be it. Get on with it. You're holding it over Legions head as if it were the Sword of Damocles, trying to pressure them into giving into your demands. For if they do not then *snip* there goes the string and the Sword (RoK) comes down on them. They don't appear to have budged at all. Even as much of fools as some of your allies (from my perspective) are I have trouble believing they are keen to jump into this to save you from your own pride and vanity. Best way out of this, meet the absurd, horrific, and utterly terrible terms Legion has given you. And yes, that was sarcasm.

Now that all of course only applies if you actually want this to end. If you think that you can actually win a PR war preaching the absurd spins that you have tried to far as Legion pounds you into the ground then I suppose nothing can be done about that by anyone. It would make me sad. Not that you would care, probably even amuses you. But truthfully a lot of your posts are absolutely terrible and nigh headache inducing. The logic, while I can appreciate the effort you have put into trying to get these spins to work, is simply lacking.
[/quote]

There's no point reasoning with them, they want to live in their "NO YOUR NOT!" dream world. This war will go on as long as it takes, or we get bored after we ZI them all. Whichever comes first.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320262102' post='2837147']
[/quote]
I wouldn't expect any less of a smartass response from you.

[/quote]
About damn time this thread got Godwin'd.

Pack up the toys everyone, it's time to go home.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1320272549' post='2837219']
About damn time this thread got Godwin'd.

Pack up the toys everyone, it's time to go home.
[/quote]

Godwin'd in the best way possible - by being wrong. Germany declared on the USA.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1320273832' post='2837227']
Godwin'd in the best way possible - by being wrong. Germany declared on the USA.
[/quote]

But USA committed acts of war by aiding and abetting a [s]close friend[/s] the UK! That means Germany's declaration was defensive!

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1320267948' post='2837187']
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah?

[b][u]Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.[/u][/b] Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah; blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah. Blah BLAH blah blah blah blah. [b]Blah blah blah blah.[/b]

/me waves his e-peen around.

[size="1"](Seriously? 61 pages?)[/size]
[/quote]

Possibly the best post ever.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320274136' post='2837231']
But USA committed acts of war by aiding and abetting a [s]close friend[/s] the UK! That means Germany's declaration was defensive!
[/quote]
If a nation called Germany already had plans to attack another nation called the USA, then the USA giving assistance to someone already under attack by Germany would be defensive. Although I'm not sure of the nations and history you speak of, as none of that occurred in this world as far as I know.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320276277' post='2837253']
If a nation called Germany already had plans to attack another nation called the USA, then the USA giving assistance to someone already under attack by Germany would be defensive. Although I'm not sure of the nations and history you speak of, as none of that occurred in this world as far as I know.
[/quote]

It's from a film on the BBC (Bob Broadcasting Corporation)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320276277' post='2837253']
If a nation called Germany already had plans to attack another nation called the USA, then the USA giving assistance to someone already under attack by Germany would be defensive. Although I'm not sure of the nations and history you speak of, [b]as none of that occurred in this world as far as I know.[/b]
[/quote]

Close - it was at the alliance level that USA got declared on - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=43888

:v: