• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320184712' post='2836718']
Is this real?

Are you serious?

Holy god are you that dumb?
[/quote]

Legion should thank Admin for his disclaimer ..

"please dont claim anything of the sort of me posting for Legion because we are somehow indirectly allied, i think there's something like 7 chains there?"

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1320179890' post='2836676']

that basically summarizes the entire war involving you guys and replacing half the mindless arguements with "yadda yadda"...then we can add in the logs of NSO/Tetris/NsO + others planning the war before Legion even declared:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105941

[/quote]

Wow, you literally claimed a war planning channel that came to existence AFTER the whole world had learned Legion was gonna declare, is evidence of Legion fighting a defensive war, because the allies of the alliance being hit, were planning a defense? Really? You did that? You sir, lose your right to be represented as a conscious, intelligent being until you have come to grips with how patently dumb that assertion is.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320176958' post='2836627']
Yeah I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that leaving NSO on the battlefield hasn't even come up as a serious option among our gov, so y'all can just put all that nonsense to bed.

Really though, allowing these three to peace out so early was kind of stupid on Legion's part, because we cared a lot more about having NsO and their buddies get hit over stuff they weren't involved in than we did fighting Legion long-term with NSO. The three weren't helping our coalition in massive amounts, so it would've probably been a smart strategy to have just kept them at war and attempted to force our hand that way by making their white peace conditional on us. Unless Legion really needed that ~1m of fighting NS off them to keep from being forced into calling in their allies.

But that's not what happened and so here we are, bickering about inconsequential nonsense. But really NSO's posters are right when they say we don't have a big problem with making this take as long as it needs to, even if it's already taken longer than it should have. That's just my two cents, though, and I have little if any control over what Tetris does (or doesn't do). Still, I've made several new buddies in Legion's membership, and they've bumped me over 1m casualties so I'm quite happy about that as well. Anyway, I'm rambling, so y'all can go back to speculating and whatever else it is people do here.
[/quote]
You still have a long ways before you catch up to me in causalities, but you seem to have the right idea on how to go about this. In the long run causalities is your only stat that lasts through the test of time if you like to enjoy some war every now and then, as well as the stat its the most fun increasing. So enjoy the war for as long as it goes and try getting it as high as possible now that you have the opportunity. Infra/tech can be rebuilt, but how many causalities you can rack up are the true measure of success in CN. ^_^

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320187792' post='2836752']
You still have a long ways before you catch up to me in causalities, but you seem to have the right idea on how to go about this. In the long run causalities is your only stat that lasts through the test of time if you like to enjoy some war every now and then, as well as the stat its the most fun increasing. So enjoy the war for as long as it goes and try getting it as high as possible now that you have the opportunity. Infra/tech can be rebuilt, but how many causalities you can rack up are the true measure of success in CN. ^_^
[/quote]
They only last until you are taken from this realm by the great Admin, and then you get to reminisce about them/mourn their loss once you reincarnate. :<

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1320188201' post='2836758']
They only last until you are taken from this realm by the great Admin, and then you get to reminisce about them/mourn their loss once you reincarnate. :<
[/quote]
If I'm taken from this realm by admin, I'd like to think I would be in a better place where causalites and stats no longer matter. If my life in this world were to come to an end, the last thing I would want is to reincarnate in the same place once more. In the afterlife I'll be in a different place, I can't imagine going through the hassle of building another nation once more. Which is why I never have patience for TE, reincarnating over and over again to the same world just doesn't appeal to me.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320188864' post='2836765']
If I'm taken from this realm by admin, I'd like to think I would be in a better place where causalites and stats no longer matter. If my life in this world were to come to an end, the last thing I would want is to reincarnate in the same place once more. In the afterlife I'll be in a different place, I can't imagine going through the hassle of building another nation once more. Which is why I never have patience for TE, reincarnating over and over again to the same world just doesn't appeal to me.
[/quote]
That was more a comment on my own experience, but yeah I know what you mean. I miss my wonders. :<

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. I'd like to be clear:

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=474169&Extended=0"]Grey Fox[/url] of the New Sith Order declared war on three Legion members. You're saying that, if Tetris were to accept a peace agreement that NSO did not sign, NSO would magically get white peace from The Legion, and any sort of attacks from The Legion against this nation would be an act of war and would activate NSO's defensive treaties? Because that is literally one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You CANNOT unilaterally declare white peace just because you don't want to be involved in the conflict any more. I don't care who you are, I don't care if you give it a fancy name and call it a Doctrine, and I don't care if you threaten to have RoK roll me. That's still a load of foul smelling pond muck.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1320190819' post='2836783']

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=474169&Extended=0"]Grey Fox[/url] of the New Sith Order declared war on three Legion members. You're saying that, if Tetris were to accept a peace agreement that NSO did not sign, NSO would magically get white peace from The Legion, and any sort of attacks from The Legion against this nation would be an act of war and would activate NSO's defensive treaties? Because that is literally one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You CANNOT unilaterally declare white peace just because you don't want to be involved in the conflict any more. I don't care who you are, I don't care if you give it a fancy name and call it a Doctrine, and I don't care if you threaten to have RoK roll me. That's still a load of foul smelling pond muck.
[/quote]
:wtc:

How would unilateral white peace even work?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1320190986' post='2836785']
:wtc:

How would unilateral white peace even work?
[/quote]

It's been done a few times in the past. Usually when rolling micros who've made the error of pissing off a major power. You roll them till yer satisfied, then just stop.

I don't care who you are, I don't care if you give it a fancy name and call it a Doctrine, and I don't care if you threaten to have RoK roll me. That's still a load of foul smelling pond muck.
[/quote]

Aw shucks. Well - back to the drawing board I guess :v:

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1320191466' post='2836787']
It's been done a few times in the past. Usually when rolling micros who've made the error of pissing off a major power. You roll them till yer satisfied, then just stop.
[/quote]
Yeah, I really should have added context to that post.

What I should have said in response to him is: 'How could we try and declare unilateral white peace if Legion wanted the war to continue? Peace requires both sides to go along with it, even if the actual act of declaring peace was a unilateral one. So, since no one was actually advocating unilateral white peace, perhaps you should refocus your rant?'.

[/quote]

Thats the basic theory, but nobody said unilateral white peace. It was more like, why not offer them white peace? You have an agreement with your main enemy (alliance you physically declared against). So keeping someone who was technically not involved (meaning in this case, would not have been physically fighting) except for a defensive stance against your physical aggression towards their MDP partner, could & MOST LIKELY will be taken as a seperate act of agression. Since by reaching an agreement (especally when between the main parties) you are essentually saying "we have come to terms & feel we have gotten adequate payment for the actions in which we declared war in response of."

EDIT: notice I say physical alot, because anything said could be just lies unless proven with original, unaltered evidence

Edited by Tank4ever

[/quote]

Well damn, I feel flattered.

Edited by Grey Fox

[quote name='Kim Jaym Il' timestamp='1320197840' post='2836838']
I'm pretty sure at this point that this is all just a ploy by NSO so that nobody will ever attack them in the future just to avoid this !@#$ that comes along with it every single time they lose a war.
[/quote]
Solid plan IMO.

I'm pretty sure at this point that this is all just a ploy by NSO so that nobody will ever attack them in the future just to avoid this !@#$ that comes along with it every single time they lose a war.
[/quote]
I agree, peace mode is so last generation.

[/quote]

Its more psychological warfare than anything.

[/quote]

Shoot, he figured out our secret plan!

I worked on that thing for MONTHS man!

After reading the last few pages, I'm not sure if I just got done reading a massively overblown back and forth about something really dumb, or a well-played exercise between two groups attempting to practice circular reasoning. My head now hurts and I hate you all.