Official announcement from the Legion

question...lets say NSO actually did call in allies via an Aggression treaty clause that keeps popping up...who would they call because they only have MDP level treaties (including their bloc with Carpe Diem). i've been confused everytime people have been bringing this up so if someone could answer it'd be helpful lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1320090724' post='2835911']
question...lets say NSO actually did call in allies via an Aggression treaty clause that keeps popping up...who would they call because they only have MDP level treaties (including their bloc with Carpe Diem). i've been confused everytime people have been bringing this up so if someone could answer it'd be helpful lol
[/quote]
They have a MDoAP with RoK but their wiki doesn't have it for some reason. But RoKs does have NSO

[/quote]

You do realize NSO holds an oAoDp with the entire cyberverse right?

More generally, Every alliance holds an oAoDp with every other alliance in the entire cyberverse.

[/quote]

You know, the whole optional aggression portion of most MD[b]oA[/b]P's.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure their wiki is outdated and that they have an MDoAP with RoK (even though ROK doesn't have it listed on their treaty list on their forums...lazy !@#$%^&* :P)

EDIT: Screw you guys for being fast :P

Edited by Megamind

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320085865' post='2835865']
Just because alliances on your side didn't perform up to par doesn't discount them. Deal with it. Own it. Accept it. Move on.
[/quote]

Yes it does. 100% without a doubt, it does.

Why do I feel like the previous posters have just been licking their lips, talking to RoK for the past few days in private drawing up all sorts of ways this could work for themselves and saying to themselves "You know, if you do this for us, we might be able to finally hit Polar. We'll even pretend to be your friend for a couple days."

It's okay, down with White Peace. As someone said not too long ago, who cares about P.R. Do it to it.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1320091121' post='2835918']
I'm pretty sure their wiki is outdated and that they have an MDoAP with RoK (even though ROK doesn't have it listed on their treaty list on their forums...lazy !@#$%^&* :P)

EDIT: Screw you guys for being fast :P
[/quote]
Here is the treaty annoucement

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105628

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1320089678' post='2835907']
Caring about PR at this point (in general, not just for NSO in this situation) is yet another way to have less fun. It mattered in 2006-2009. Now it's just slowing things down.
[/quote]

How dare you challenge the long standing mechanics of in game war declarations and how they must occur. Planet Bob is a bustling, highly active place, because of these fantastic mechanisms, therefore they must be unwittingly preserved and protected, so that this planet can continue to thrive and flourish.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320092079' post='2835924']
How dare you challenge the long standing mechanics of in game war declarations and how they must occur. Planet Bob is a bustling, highly active place, because of these fantastic mechanisms, therefore they must be unwittingly preserved and protected, so that this planet can continue to thrive and flourish.
[/quote]

I lol'd at the statement made in the quoted text.

How dare you challenge the long standing mechanics of in game war declarations and how they must occur. Planet Bob is a bustling, highly active place, because of these fantastic mechanisms, therefore they must be unwittingly preserved and protected, so that this planet can continue to thrive and flourish.[/quote]

Not that I totally disagree with the point of your sarcasm, but...

From the moment that serious efforts were underway to build a credible defense for SF against Q in late 2008 until the Karma coalition sprung its trap in 2009, there were two well coordinated and absolutely planned PR campaigns conducted on two fronts against NPO, one designed to evoke embarrassing revelations, the other to make NPO appear to be gradually weakening in influence as treaty cancellation mounted and seemingly once loyal allies defected.

PR matters.

[i]OOC: It is also not why our player numbers are down...other factors are far more influential. That said, I find the world a much more interesting place as of late.[/i]

[/quote]

Beat Downs aren't a good way to revive things though. Just Sayin'

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1320094833' post='2835940']
Beat Downs aren't a good way to revive things though. Just Sayin'
[/quote]

Nor is continuing with the same old "wait for someone to manufacture a passable CB and bring it to someone willing to use it." This has stalled political shifts for a year at a time since the advent of needing an airtight OOC:ingame OOC: so that allies will actually do what allies are supposed to do. The system stinks. Anything that is anti-system that is even tried right now, is better than continuing to sit here and wait.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[/quote]

A simple upgrade to a treaty in private is easy enough to do or heck in that last big war people were jumping in all over without treaties. This is the new Planet Bob.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1320096351' post='2835950']
A simple upgrade to a treaty in private is easy enough to do or heck in that last big war people were jumping in all over without treaties. This is the new Planet Bob.
[/quote]

That sounds like a great idea to me.

[quote]I don't see how it would be a loss of face for NSO to call in anyone.[/quote]
Seriously? NSO have been saying all war how great they are and how they don't need to call in allies. To do so after all that would kill them politically.

[quote]And if you don't think Polar popping it's head out would be like a gopher sticking it's head out in front of a bunch of lawnmowers, you must be slipping mightily. [/quote]
Oh sure, half the world is lining up to roll Polar again (that seems to be the pattern this year), but whoever jumps in first gets a nasty bite from that gopher before the lawnmowers arrive. Polar might not be world-beaters but they still pack a punch and no-one will want to take a political and a military hit for no benefit.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320097561' post='2835962']
Seriously? NSO have been saying all war how great they are and how they don't need to call in allies. To do so after all that would kill them politically.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, only Legion has been saying that. And that last part is just you talking out of your arse as usual.[/color]

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320097561' post='2835962']

[/quote]

First off Bob, this is not directed solely at you, you are just the latest to say it. This has been being said all day, The tag line that NSO said repeatedly that they alone could take down Legion. I went back to World Affairs, and read 4 NSO taunt legion threads. You know what I didnt see ? What I didnt see was ONE single NSO member say they could beat Legion in a 1v1 war. I saw a couple of CSN guys. A couple of TLR guys, a couple of those Carlos freaks, all suggest it. Didnt see one single NSO guy suggest it. Now, granted, I only read 4 threads(totalling 20 pages), but FFS, it would seem to me that if it were as clear and rampant as it is being made out to be, that I would find at least ONE post by one of them in those 20 pages, saying they would win 1v1 vs Legion. So, I offer this challenge to ALL of you. Fine me 10 NSO member posts(from different members) where it is said they can beat Legion 1v1. Thats.... 8% of their alliance. Or, to make it easier, find me TWO high gov posts that suggest this. Or, STFU about it, and stop spewing a tag line because you see it being used elsewhere.

Now to clarify, Im not saying that these posts dont exist, Im simply saying that I didnt find them, and if they are so rampant, they should be easy for SOMEONE to find. Shouldnt they?

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320099353' post='2835976']
First off Bob, this is not directed solely at you, you are just the latest to say it. This has been being said all day, The tag line that NSO said repeatedly that they alone could take down Legion. I went back to World Affairs, and read 4 NSO taunt legion threads. You know what I didnt see ? What I didnt see was ONE single NSO member say they could beat Legion in a 1v1 war. I saw a couple of CSN guys. A couple of TLR guys, a couple of those Carlos freaks, all suggest it. Didnt see one single NSO guy suggest it. Now, granted, I only read 4 threads(totalling 20 pages), but FFS, it would seem to me that if it were as clear and rampant as it is being made out to be, that I would find at least ONE post by one of them in those 20 pages, saying they would win 1v1 vs Legion. So, I offer this challenge to ALL of you. Fine me 10 NSO member posts(from different members) where it is said they can beat Legion 1v1. Thats.... 8% of their alliance. Or, to make it easier, find me TWO high gov posts that suggest this. Or, STFU about it, and stop spewing a tag line because you see it being used elsewhere.

Now to clarify, Im not saying that these posts dont exist, Im simply saying that I didnt find them, and if they are so rampant, they should be easy for SOMEONE to find. Shouldnt they?
[/quote]

I've never seen it, and I pay pretty close attention. Furthermore, I have had several in depth conversations with NSO government about this war, and never was that said. I HAVE seen them say that they were confident that they AND Tetris could beat Legion.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320099630' post='2835978']
I've never seen it, and I pay pretty close attention. Furthermore, I have had several in depth conversations with NSO government about this war, and never was that said. I HAVE seen them say that they were confident that they AND Tetris could beat Legion.
[/quote]

I have been in similar discussions, and when IAA DoW'd was the only time I had them express confidence in a military victory. There is a difference between winning, and not losing. It all depends on the goals you set forth. But regardless, I am eager for all of those who have spewed the tag line for days now, to provide me with their evidence, or retract their nonsense, and STFU.

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1320099983' post='2835983']
My question is why is it so hard when it was already said

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105742&view=findpost&p=2815212
[/quote]

My guess is because they believe they have not yet lost.