Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320079944' post='2835778']
I'm failing to see how this relates to your aggressive actions against the Legion and why the world should feel sorry for your ineptitude in affording a military and PR victory for the alliance you claim is "incompetent."
[/quote]

Legion would only be incompetent if they were, in fact, decisively losing to a coalition half their size. They have proven their point--they can give as good as they get from coalitions half their size.

They're not doing much better than that though, tbh.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Silent Spectre' timestamp='1320080031' post='2835781']
Did I miss the memo where NSO now stands for New Samuri Order? I thought it was the Sith fighting Legion.
[/quote]

Honey, you missed several memos. NsO stands for New Samurai Order. New Sakura Order stole the acronym of my alliance and thus we have the same acronym.

Or you could, you know, look at my nation's Alliance Affiliation.

[quote name='Silent Spectre' timestamp='1320079811' post='2835776']
I may not ever agree with Myth, but when you say you can win a 1v1, and then you call in allies when you lose... cowardly. I will agree with that. However, if NSO didnt say "we got this" basically, it would be strategic. See what I did there?
[/quote]

To make it official, though, what % of a membership has to say this before it becomes official alliance policy?

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320080050' post='2835782']
Legion would only be incompetent if they were, in fact, decisively losing to a coalition half their size. They have proven their point--they can give as good as they get from coalitions half their size.
[/quote]

See, you [b]can[/b] admit to defeat.
Now if only your alliance would drop the charade that you're not doing it officially because you think that White Peace is a terrible surrender term and would rather attempt to expand your aggressive war that you started in the hopes of gaining more attention or spiting the Legion for the predicament you have placed yourself in.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320080192' post='2835784']
To make it official, though, what % of a membership has to say this before it becomes official alliance policy?
[/quote]

Well good point rush. I guess is NSO Gov was saying that they would do it on their own.. that seems to me like policy. If it was just a member, I could understand your point. TBH, idk who said it.

[quote name='Silent Spectre' timestamp='1320080298' post='2835788']
Well good point rush. I guess is NSO Gov was saying that they would do it on their own.. that seems to me like policy. If it was just a member, I could understand your point. TBH, idk who said it.
[/quote]

Even in your scenario, its subjective. For instance, if a MOIA or MOE says this, they are gov, does it make it alliance policy? Even if the #1 and the rest are like "lol what 6 mil vs 2 mil, not even Legion could blow that."

Nothing is certain, and that is the only thing we can be certain of.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320080297' post='2835787']
See, you [b]can[/b] admit to defeat.
Now if only your alliance would drop the charade that you're not doing it officially because you think that White Peace is a terrible surrender term and would rather attempt to expand your aggressive war that you started in the hopes of gaining more attention or spiting the Legion for the predicament you have placed yourself in.
[/quote]

If NSO are going to surrender, they would do so in their own time, maybe you should go get MHA to help Legion if you are so intrested in seeing NSO surrender. As I recall, the Six Million Dollar war took about a month against a much larger size than Legion before NSO stoped fighting and NSO where in the DH-NPO war for something like 2 months?

Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of these, so if Legion want them to surrender then I believe it is going to take a lot longer than a month of fighting and granting white peace to 3 small alliances is hardly a victory.

So yeah, at the moment, I'd say it's anyones war to win and a while before NSO will even consider withdrawing.

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320080541' post='2835790']
Even in your scenario, its subjective. For instance, if a MOIA or MOE says this, they are gov, does it make it alliance policy? Even if the #1 and the rest are like "lol what 6 mil vs 2 mil, not even Legion could blow that."

Nothing is certain, and that is the only thing we can be certain of.
[/quote]

I thought it was pretty clear from the months before this war of NSO's government and regular member population alike actively participating in such activity made it a pretty broad statement. While amusing that after all of this they would seek out any and everyone to help them with the situation they have placed themselves in, I don't think it's why the Legion has decided to offer White Peace to NSO on condition of accepting something they and the entirety of the world know has been achieved. It might be why they would refuse to accept it though.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320080779' post='2835791']
If NSO are going to surrender, they would do so in their own time, maybe you should go get MHA to help Legion if you are so intrested in seeing NSO surrender.
[/quote]

See, that's the punchline.

The Legion doesn't need help.

[/quote]

I don't get why you guys keep using that line. If anything the fact that you aren't able to do more damage to them then they are doing to you, just shows that they are doing better than expected. The smaller side should always be doing more damage to the large size due to the fact that each of the nations on the smaller side can nuke multiple nations on the larger side while they can only be nuked once. The fact that you can't even break even shows that you are in fact losing.

If NSO are going to surrender, they would do so in their own time..... so if Legion want them to surrender then I believe it is going to take a lot longer than a month of fighting and granting white peace to 3 small alliances is hardly a victory (1 of which merged into NpO)
[/quote]
You have clearly not read my last statement which sets out the position of The Legion government.

We do not want anything from NSO/Tetris, however they, and interested third parties keep asking us for peace talks, which invariably end like Groundhog day, when they demand us to offer white peace. I suggest you re-read my earlier statement which sets our position out.

granting white peace to 3 small alliances is hardly a victory (1 of which merged into NpO)
[/quote]

Maybe worth fact checking what you say? (TKTB merged into NpO, they weren't involved in this war, BTA was.)

[/quote]

What the $%&@ are you talking about? You and your little coalition amassed more NS than Legion. You and your coalition are the incompetent party because most of it is gone and they now clearly and easily outnumber you when you had a head start.

You are getting thrashed again but you still haven't learned. You still don't understand that the reason you always end up smashed is because you put yourself in the dumbest situations because you can't hold your tongue. And worse than that, people enjoy rolling you, so my guess is that until you learn you'll keep being victims of yourselves.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1320081991' post='2835802']
Maybe worth fact checking what you say? (TKTB merged into NpO, they weren't involved in this war, BTA was.)
[/quote]

My bad, lol :blush:

[quote]We do not want anything from NSO/Tetris, however they, and interested third parties keep asking us for peace talks, which invariably end like Groundhog day, when they demand us to offer white peace. I suggest you re-read my earlier statement which sets our position out.[/quote]

You want them to surrender which at this point they don't want to do, I'm just saying that if you do, it will take longer before they do so.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1320082027' post='2835803']
What the $%&@ are you talking about? You and your little coalition amassed more NS than Legion. You and your coalition are the incompetent party because most of it is gone and they now clearly and easily outnumber you when you had a head start.

You are getting thrashed again but you still haven't learned. You still don't understand that the reason you always end up smashed is because you put yourself in the dumbest situations because you can't hold your tongue. And worse than that, people enjoy rolling you, so my guess is that until you learn you'll keep being victims of yourselves.
[/quote]

UMB.. always classy!

/me loves UMB

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320082316' post='2835805']
You want them to surrender which at this point they don't want to do, I'm just saying that if you do, it will take longer before they do so.
[/quote]
Well with respect, the ball is in their court on that score, and it is them and their allies who are asking us for peace talks. But I will point out our position again:
[quote name='RegentPancras' timestamp='1320079183' post='2835765']
The position of The Legion government is that we have no reason to continue this conflict any longer. We do not wish to hold either Tetris or NSO in perma-war. Our cause for war has been satisfied.

Tetris has lost 70% of it's pre-war NS, and NSO has lost over 60%. The Legion on the other hand has lost less than 40% of it's pre war NS. Of the 30 Tetris nations, 28 of them are either in Anarchy or Peace Mode (93%), and of the 104 NSO nations, 91 of them are in Anarchy or in Peace Mode (87%). Unless those alliances are going to take their nations out of Peace Mode, there is very little left for us to hit.

Looking at the facts, The Legion has done more damage to Tetris and NSO than has sustained from any of the combatants in this war so far, and by the standards of most casual observers has won. So we stand at a crossroads. We are reasonable and wish to show magnanimity in our victory, we have repeatedly said that we don't want any reps from NSO or Tetris, and we don't want an apology. All we have asked for is some kind of acknowledgement from them that they wish to surrender....

If NSO/Tetris is serious about peace, then we will sit down with them once more. Maybe we can accommodate a form of words which accurately reflects the situation which external observers seem to agree is what the outcome of this war is. If on the other hand, NSO/Tetris come to the table with the "White Peace - or we bring in allies" attitude, then that says more about them as an alliance then it does about us.

We are being reasonable, and wish to extend the olive branch if NSO/Tetris, so planet bob can move on, because winter is coming...
[/quote]
If you are reading this as "The Legion are demanding NSO/Tetris surrender" then that is over simplifying the situation. We are saying we are willing to end hostilities. We are even willing to look at the exact form of words...

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1320078374' post='2835749']

You're trying to tell me that terms, on Planet Bob, have been imposed to alliances following the justice of the casus belli?

Please.
[/quote]

Everyone who has declared has believed in their casus belli as being legitimate, and their terms would naturally be an extension in relation to the original reason. Whether it would be considered fair by the rest is a different argument.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320082517' post='2835807']
I wasn't aware honoring a MDP was a dumb situation. Is that an official Umbrella Government Position?
[/quote]

Not that many things you're aware it seems, but you just keep talking. By dumb position I am talking about the way you managed to spread propaganda out of your ass on how you were going to crush Legion, how they had no chance, how they were broke and the fight would be over in a week when all of them were bill-locked. And no here we are. Ironic, weird, awkard - all these words are good to describe how this ended up. But dumb is actually the word.

You see, it's not your fault your coalition partners sucked. But if you had just shown a little bit of intelligence - and I don't even talk of humility, intelligence would have been enough - and avoided thrashing Legion's name based on their competence or how well you thought they would perform you would not be in this embarrassing situation.

I don't care about your MDPs and if you honour them or not. But I sure am enjoying watching the crap you were throwing at the wall coming right back and hitting your face.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320082517' post='2835807']
I wasn't aware honoring a MDP was a dumb situation. Is that an official Umbrella Government Position?
[/quote]

The dumb situation might have been referring to just accepting the fact that you were defeated, then ending the war.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320083304' post='2835812']
The dumb situation might have been referring to just accepting the fact that you were defeated, then ending the war.
[/quote]

Why end a war that you're still doing damage in? The rate of said damage is irrelevant. If their members still want to cause destruction, then there is no reason to agree to terms.