Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320008004' post='2835194']
[color="#0000FF"]From the start of this conflict the Legion, the purple wing of the New Polar Order, has been pushing Polaris's anti-NSO agenda in the peace talks. Talks which the NSO has no interest in. The war is far from over, and will not end until I feel Legion has been adequately destroy. Nonetheless Legion continues to push Polar's "surrender" agenda. The New Polar Order fails to realize that it is in no position to demand anything of us, and is on thin ice. Pun intended. Ha ha.[/color]
[/quote]

I'd love to know how you're going to pull off destroying 20K+ NS nations with a bunch of 2-5K NS anklebiters. Really.

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask you, how [b]DID[/b] you lose 90% and more of your NS when none of your opponents did? And don't tell me 'nukes', they're not that damaging anymore, and besides, you can only get nuked once a day. For a supposed veteran with tons of experience, you sure don't know how to fight a war.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1320015087' post='2835255']
I'd love to know how you're going to pull off destroying 20K+ NS nations with a bunch of 2-5K NS anklebiters. Really.

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask you, how [b]DID[/b] you lose 90% and more of your NS when none of your opponents did? And don't tell me 'nukes', they're not that damaging anymore, and besides, you can only get nuked once a day. For a supposed veteran with tons of experience, you sure don't know how to fight a war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am not really sure what you're saying. My opponents have fallen to approximately the same range I have, when they are fighting the same number of nations that is. If they are only fighting one or two, compared with my average of three to five, of course they are going to take less damage. That is just common sense.

Additionally it really isn't much of an accomplishment to grind my own nation to dust. I have never said I was any good at war.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320013440' post='2835240']
[color="#0000FF"]NSO will not be surrendering. There is nothing to understand. Until Legion is completely destroyed this fight will go on. The toll it takes on the Order is irrelevant. Simply because cowards such as your ilk would surrender at the first opportunity does not mean that the Sith will follow your poor example.[/color]
[/quote]

Best be packing a lunch there, fellah.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1320015677' post='2835268']
An alliance is only as strong as its weakest member. So again, NSO is screwed.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am sure you thought this an intelligent thing to say when you first said it, but think it over again and tell me how stupid it sounds. Because if you apply this equally then every alliance is screwed. All alliances have bad members, but that does not mean the alliance itself is awful. Only when the bad outnumber the good does it become so. [/color]

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1320014304' post='2835246']
And you didn't even see the peace talks... smh.
[/quote]

I do not need to. If you noticed when this thing started I gave Legion some credit. Now listening to them here I am getting to the point I would not mind finding a way into this and smacking some sense into them. It is almost like they want to fail. They should have just white peaced and declared they have punished Tetris and declared a victory. That would have been the smart thing to and it would have ended things on a positive note for them. Now however, they seem to be hell bent on tossing that all away.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1320016735' post='2835277']
I do not need to. If you noticed when this thing started I gave Legion some credit. Now listening to them here I am getting to the point I would not mind finding a way into this and smacking some sense into them. It is almost like they want to fail. They should have just white peaced and declared they have punished Tetris and declared a victory. That would have been the smart thing to and it would have ended things on a positive note for them. Now however, they seem to be hell bent on tossing that all away.
[/quote]
I think there is still time for that. As I said earlier in this thread to RV. Throw punches for another ~week and call it quits.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320015390' post='2835260'][color="#0000FF"]
Additionally it really isn't much of an accomplishment to grind my own nation to dust. I have never said I was any good at war.[/color]
[/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105760&view=findpost&p=2815640]Then I have to ask, were you taking notes too?[/url]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317702954' post='2815640']
[color="#0000FF"]
And now, Legion will see how a war is properly fought. I hope they're taking notes.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320000329' post='2835139']
[color="#0000FF"]Other alliances had posted information about Legion long before Tetris, yet you did not retaliate against those alliances. Tell me, what changed in that period? Aside from the fact Tetris was much smaller and much less connected. Would Legion have even dared do what it did against MK or IRON? Doubtful.[/color]
[/quote]
That is the problem with providing an alliance with a CB, on multiple occasions. You don't get to decide how or when the aggrieved party acts on it. There should be no shame in Legion deciding to act on the CB that gave it the greater tactical advantage, and it has been shown that it was right to do so.

I suspect you are enjoying this a bit too much.

[quote name='Kellory' timestamp='1320016856' post='2835280']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105760&view=findpost&p=2815640]Then I have to ask, were you taking notes too?[/url]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It might be a bit to much to ask of you, but please understand that there are more capable fighters amongst the Sith than I. Some who actually care enough to buy guerrilla camps.[/color]

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1320018770' post='2835291']
So RV ignores the comment that nails him down perfectly....hmmm hypocrite
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If you are referring to anything you said then I am afraid you give yourself too much credit. You have said nothing that a gaggle of parakeets could not chirp by chance.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1320016735' post='2835277']
I do not need to. If you noticed when this thing started I gave Legion some credit. Now listening to them here I am getting to the point I would not mind finding a way into this and smacking some sense into them. It is almost like they want to fail. They should have just white peaced and declared they have punished Tetris and declared a victory. That would have been the smart thing to and it would have ended things on a positive note for them. Now however, they seem to be hell bent on tossing that all away.[/quote]

Interesting statement, but it totally ignores everything that Legion had to endure on these very forums from the likes of Tetris and NSO over the past several months. No, if similar had been done to TPF, you would be here supporting your alliance in its efforts to obtain a surrender from its enemies.

Don't get knock kneed. If you supported Legion at the beginning, they have done nothing to this point to have that support suddenly withdrawn. It only enables NSO's stubbornness.

See people are getting to hung on all of this.

Look at it this way:

Legion has given white peace to three great alliances NsO, BTA and IAA (no matter what hate or spin NSO and their allies will like to put on the support they got), that leaves Tetris and NSO and the only thing that is holding up the peace talks is NSO not wanting to admit they have lost, now just think about that people before you over react.

IF NSO keep fighting they are doing nothing more then hurting themselves and their allies (Tetris), I know Tetris will be honourable and stay to the end, they wont complain or moan about the damage they are taken, but also should they be made to suffer simply because NSO are so narrow sighted they can not see the damage they are doing to themselves or Tetris.

The only thing holding up peace talks is NSO unwilling to admit in public they lost Vs. Legion even after the weeks of pr campaign about how NSO attacked a much larger alliance than themselves, or is it simply due to the fact NSO has no where to go and will call in allies to save them from losing, and in doing so admit to the world they lost.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320018969' post='2835292']
[color="#0000FF"]It might be a bit to much to ask of you, but please understand that there are more capable fighters amongst the Sith than I. Some who actually care enough to buy guerrilla camps.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]If you are referring to anything you said then I am afraid you give yourself too much credit. You have said nothing that a gaggle of parakeets could not chirp by chance.[/color]
[/quote]
and you sir can't think of a valid defence so you resort to a insult through comparing me to a bird.

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1320021533' post='2835314']
and you sir can't think of a valid defence so you resort to a insult through comparing me to a bird.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am not sure what you are talking about. If you believe you are so worthy of my time that I trouble myself with most of your incoherent ramblings then you truly are delusional.[/color]

Dear Rebel Virginia, speaking of NpO puppets, do you remember a time where a certain.. hmm.. Rebel Virginia used to be baiting NADC by stealing money from their protectorate - AC/DC if memory serves me right - so that a certain NpO could beat them down? :)

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1320023381' post='2835333']
Dear Rebel Virginia, speaking of NpO puppets, do you remember a time where a certain.. hmm.. Rebel Virginia used to be baiting NADC by stealing money from their protectorate - AC/DC if memory serves me right - so that a certain NpO could beat them down? :)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No I do not, actually. I have never had any interactions with either AC/DC nor NADC of that nature. But if you like to continue to skew the facts to serve your masters in Polaris, then by all means continue.[/color]

It's not [i]our[/i] pride preventing peace. The NSO has every reason to be proud of our performance in this war, given that we've carried a greater burden of the fighting than we ever should have or expected and we have held our own in the process. Yes, Legion deserves respect, and they have gained it for their performance to date.

But either Legion can see sense and recognize that they are in no position to dictate terms to us or they can throw away what has up to now been a mostly positive experience for them. It is our pride that has kept this war contained, but even the NSO isn't so proud as to pointlessly trade cruise missiles for however many months this would take. We and Tetris have made more than reasonable offers, and still leave those offers on the table. At the same time, we are perfectly capable of prolonging the war if necessary. We won't single-handedly win any victory worth winning. But neither will Legion. We've recognized this and have behaved accordingly by seeking an equitable end to an equal war. Legion still refuse to accept this reality and are behaving as if they are in a much stronger position than they actually are.

The Sith have been on the losing sides of wars before, wars that were much more decisive and longer than this. We know when we are beat, and we've learned how to put aside our pride and move on. We aren't beat, and we won't be.

We've also sacrificed our nations and our strength repeatedly, over and over again, for the benefit of allies and friends. We've endured unnecessary hardships because of the failings of others, both in the past and today. We've done all of this because it has always been the right thing to do: we will always support our friends and our allies to the last breath, no matter the cause. We do this without question, hesitation, or regret, and I have no doubt that we will do so again in the future.

But we will not sacrifice ourselves unnecessarily just so that Legion may feel better about themselves.