Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1319955241' post='2834910']
No, they're not about to win. There are three ways that this can go from here:

1) Legion, or the people backing Legion, can see sense and agree to the more than reasonable offer we've repeatedly made to them and end the war now.
2) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can continue to be indulgent of said obstinance and allow the war to continue as an even fight, needlessly losing more damage in the process.
3) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can decide that enough is enough and bring about an end to the war through other means.

Legion still has the opportunity today to walk away from this having earned some respect from a lot of people, including people in Tetris and the NSO, without needlessly causing themselves more damage. But not to "win."
[/quote]

And after much talk, it all comes down to "We will call our friends!".
Very, very poor move if NSO would do that: you will spend a lot of time trying to recover from that PR loss.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legion still has the opportunity today to walk away from this having earned some respect from a lot of people, including people in Tetris and the NSO, without needlessly causing themselves more damage. But not to "win."
[/quote]

I'd be surprised if Legion gave two !@#$% about how much respect Tetris or NSO has for them, considering all of the baiting and general asshattery those two alliances have shown Legion pre-war.

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1319969153' post='2834955']
1) Not going to happend :lol1:
2) Please keep being 'indulgent', it is working so well for you and we dont mind ;)
3) You mean prove to the world that you could 'not even handle' The Legion.

Now seriously!
You have put up a good fight, but you are losing! There is no dishonour in defeat only in the way you conduct youself in the after math. So take the surrender offer, so we all can tip our hats in common respect and move on.
[/quote]

sooo common respect includes making one bend over and take it in the.....

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319977562' post='2834973']
[/quote]

Common respect is not breaching the sacred privacy of one's forums.

If they wish to continue fighting, it is to the detriment of their own nations. It's on their head. Our terms are more than lenient.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319978154' post='2834976']
it seems like the terms are worse then the alternative to continue fighting.... even though people are becoming weary of this war
[/quote]

Not us. It's our duty to ensure that violations against us are properly addressed. We will fight until that happens.

If you think a simple admission of defeat is bad, you need to look at historical reps levied against those who have done this sort of thing before.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1319960687' post='2834932']
So, the options are:

1. Legion walks away with white peace so NSO can later claim they won the war.
2. The war can go on as-is with NSO trying to drum up support for their claims to martyrdom.
3. NSO will call in their allies to help them to try to win the war throwing their oft-mentioned claim that they could take Legion on their own out the window.

The way I see it, the only way you will come out of this with any semblance of your dignity is if Legion goes for option 1 (which is why you and your allies are so keen for Legion to relent and accept this outcome). Option 2 will see you ground down gradually and option 3 will be your most humiliating option as it shows your claims of being able to take down the "paper tiger" on your own were false and horribly so.

After all the carry-on from NSO and Tetris recently I don't blame Legion for trying to extract a surrender from you. If yuo talk up a big game and lose then you should swallow your pride and admit you lost and move on, as humiliating as it would be for you.
[/quote]

Dignity and pride don't count for much if you lose.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1319978807' post='2834979']
Dignity and pride don't count for much if you lose.
[/quote]

Neither do your nations if you leave them in smoking ruins over said pride. The Legion, on the other hand, has a vested interest in showing that attacks upon her sovereignty will not be tolerated.

You have fought the best you could, there is no shame in admitting defeat if you do your best. Allowing your nations to be burnt to the ground because you refused a simple statement when you were in the wrong will make you a laughingstock. No need for that to happen.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319977562' post='2834973']
[/quote]
Strange, but NSO is demanding we do just that.

Couple things to keep in mind here.

1. Terms are handed down [b]by[/b] the victor, not [b]to[/b] the victor.

2. NSO/Tetris reinforcements at this time [b]will[/b] be derided as being 'late to the party'. Legion reinforcements after NSO's reinforcements will be seen as a logical response to bandwagonning.

3. Despite NSO's claim of overwhelming victory, take a close look at their TO. And look at some of those nations as well, specifically, their charts. Yeah, they're tearing our lowest tiers a new one. But ask yourself how a 2K NS nation gets nukes. When a 30K NS nation gets knocked down to under 3K (Hi, RV!), that tells me they don't know WTF they're doing, especially when their previous opponents, as seen in their war histories, are nowhere [b]near[/b] 2K NS. Remember, you can only take [b]ONE[/b] nuke a day. And nukes these days aren't as damaging as they were in the past.

But don't let these facts get in the way of NSO's propaganda. That propaganda is propelling Legion morale to heights not seen since the UJW.

1) Legion, or the people backing Legion, can see sense and agree to the more than reasonable offer we've repeatedly made to them and end the war now.
2) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can continue to be indulgent of said obstinance and allow the war to continue as an even fight, needlessly losing more damage in the process.
3) Legion can continue to act obstinate and we can decide that enough is enough and bring about an end to the war through other means.

[/quote]
This kind of foolishness is only funny when RV does it.

Have it your way I guess. Even if you were forced to paying the most punitive reps Bob has ever seen, you'd probably still claim victory. In a way that's what I like about NSO, and in another it's incredibly annoying.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1319978363' post='2834977']
Not us. It's our duty to ensure that violations against us are properly addressed. We will fight until that happens.

If you think a simple admission of defeat is bad, you need to look at historical reps levied against those who have done this sort of thing before.
[/quote]

Would white peace really hurt you that bad?
is it a pride thing or is it just that legion hasnt won to many wars in the past...

[/quote]

You're in a war because Tetris posted Legion screen shots on the OWF, screen shots supplied by a member of your government.

The terms for peace - NSO surrender - are no injustice at all. I'm amazed you have the option to call in allies, why anyone would want to nail their colours that train wreck is beyond me.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319980775' post='2834987']
is it a pride thing or is it just that legion hasnt won to many wars in the past...
[/quote]

Why does the concept of an NSO surrender bother you so much?

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319980775' post='2834987']
[/quote]

I don't know, why don't you go ask NSO?

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319981176' post='2834992']
do you guys understand the concept of white peace?...mabye not
[/quote]We understand it. Do you understand that not every alliance deserves it in every war ever?

[quote]just ignore me im special
[/quote]Yup. You can't even spell your own nation name :D

Edited by Draztikus

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319981176' post='2834992']
do you guys understand the concept of white peace?...mabye not

just ignore me im special
[/quote]

This thread is an announcement of white peace between Legion IAA/NsO/BTA, so yeah. Apparently we do.

There's a world of difference between the actions of those alliances and NSO/Tetris. Still, the terms - surrender - aren't exactly punitive.

I think our gov has been more than magnanimous.

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1319981313' post='2834995']
We understand it. Do you understand that not every alliance deserves it in every war ever?

Yup. You can't even spell your own nation name :D
[/quote]

lol i spelt it that way because someone else was Gallifrey at the time same in TE :P

also i think NSO and Tetris have fought hard enough to deserve white peace...i mean just compare the NS this was not the "even war" people like to believe it is.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1319981761' post='2834998']
lol i spelt it that way because someone else was Gallifrey at the time same in TE :P

also i think NSO and Tetris have fought hard enough to deserve white peace...i mean just compare the NS this was not the "even war" people like to believe it is.
[/quote]

I get that you are in RoK and you want your allies out of this war but in no way does Tetris nor NSO deserve white peace at all. Both have spent months belittling Legion and attempting to bait them into war. NSO made the claim just after this war started that Legion refused to fight NSO, when NSO [i]actually[/i] spied on Legion due to Legion being too scared.

Now, NSO and Tetris are definitely not winning this war so maybe if you truly want your ally out of this war, it would be better spent either convincing NSO to just admit defeat, particularly since they have this insane notion they can spin it later on anyways or get RoK to attack Legion to defend NSO from having to surrender and admit defeat.

Otherwise, coming on here to talk Legion into doing something they have very little reason of actually doing is ridiculous.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1319980852' post='2834988']
You're in a war because Tetris posted Legion screen shots on the OWF, screen shots supplied by a member of your government.

The terms for peace - NSO surrender - are no injustice at all. I'm amazed you have the option to call in allies, why anyone would want to nail their colours that train wreck is beyond me.
[/quote]
Posts such as these make me wish we had a like button.

If Legion are really offering a no-terms surrender to NSO then they are being more lenient then NSO deserve, considering how NSO had acted towards them in the past. The word 'surrender' doesn't really matter that much but if NSO want to throw their toys out of the pram and keep being crushed because they won't say it then that's just silly. It's still a surrender whether you put the word in the post or not – this thread being a fine example of that.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1319980852' post='2834988']

[/quote]

First off Tetris was in this with NSO for obvious* reasons.Second most alliances have this thing called supporting your allies even though it may seem like your band wagoning in the end your helping an ally in a fight.If you saw your friend walking down the hallway and sudenly this big dude starts whaling on him...you know he talked smack but your not gonna let him get his a.. beat your gonna jump into that fight and your not gonna let him seem like a b.... in the end.Same concept.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII