A new era

Lynneth

[b][Von Braun command center][/b]

"How are things going down there?" He walked to one of the operators, looking at his screen. It depicted a simulation of approximate advanced made by Ceylon forces. Aside from everything south of, roughly, Buenos Aires, they and their allies controlled the entire continent up to Panama.
"They're going well, Sir. At least it seems like that."
He nodded, smiling. "Send a message to Laura. It's time."
"Will do."

[b][Ceylon command post, Guyana][/b]

"Commandant, priority message from Von Braun."
"Let me see." She walked over, looking at the message displayed on the screen. "Alrighty. Time to do this."

[b][Public message to the world][/b]

[center]"Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm sure many of you are aware of who I am.
For those who aren't, my name is Laura Leclerc. I am currently CEO of Sostra Holdings, the company that owns the Corporate Republic of Ceylon, both de facto and de jure.
I have an important announcement today. Several, in fact.

First things first: The Holy American Empire as we knew it, is no more. It fell to a decade-long civil war, waged not only with conventional arms, but nuclear, biological and chemical weapons as well. The only true remnants of an organised government are in the southern and antarctic regions of the former HAE.
Secondly, Ceylon and our allies, the Kingdom of Cochin, have taken it upon ourselves to bring a state resembling peace and order back to the anarchic lands that are most of the South American continent.
Indeed, we have aided a new nation to arise already, a republic under Gaius Atilia, though he and those under him are currently still busy [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105967"]setting up the government proper[/url].
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing361.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/th_Thing361.png[/img][/url]

Thirdly, the Corporate Republic as you know it currently, will cease to exist. All relevant companies and corporations are currently moving their headquarters into the Guyana region. This includes Sostra Holdings. Branches will continue to be open, naturally.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing360.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/th_Thing360.png[/img][/url]
Tens and hundreds of thousands of volunteers are currently rebuilding cities that have been reduced to utter rubble in the HAE's horrible civil war. According to our reports, barely 5% of South America's once thriving and vibrant population is left alive; The continent is largely depopulated."[/center]

Images of Ceylon forces moving through ruined cities were being shown during most of the speech, showcasing the atrocities done by the HAE's various factions during the civil war, displaying the horrors unleashed upon the continent in this decade.

[center]"Almost the entire continent looks like this.
The Imperial Center, the HAE's capital? Rubble. Radiation made it an uninhabitable wasteland. We have only barely managed to cleanse the city of the majority of its radiation, and our efforts continue still.
Regardless, the Panama Canal is traversable, and wasn't affected by the nuclear blasts, in a stroke of luck.

Effective now, the Corporate Republic will consider the following area under its direct administrative control.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing360.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/th_Thing360.png[/img][/url]
Effective from now, the Corporate Republic will be giving administrative control over its territory of Bengal to the Kingdom of Cochin.
Effective from now, the Corporate Republic will be sharing administrative control over its territory of Ceylon to the Kingdom of Cochin, making it a joint-territory.
In addition, the Corporate Republic will, from this point onwards, reform its laissez-faire capitalist system, moving towards a more social-democratic system. This means that certain restrictions will be imposed upon corporations.
Immigration to repopulate the continent will be streamlined, in order to boost the population significantly.
Effective from now, the Panama Canal will be international waters. Administration will be handed over to Pravus Ingruo, New Spain, Noveria, or all three of them, however they wish. Priority lies with Pravus Ingruo, a bastion of stability in North America.
Further, the rest of the South American continent is now under the Corporate Republic's protection.
The Panama Canal gets a special mention; It, too, will be under our protection. Not under our administration, however, as soon as PI or any other North American nation contact us to take that task over.

Lastly, the Corporate Republic of Ceylon will for the time being be referred to as the Transitional Republic of Guyana.

If there are any questions, now is the time to ask. [/center]

Public

[quote][i]Regardless of the political ramifications regarding the Republic of Ceylon's transition to Guyana, I must pledge my support to the clean-up and humanitarian mission of Sostra Holdings in South America. The loss of life on that war beleaguered continent is reprehensible. I cannot stand idly by while these noble souls endeavor to make things right.

Immediately following my recognition of the Transitional Republic of Guyana, I must humbly request that it allow several divisions of my children - the strongest of my minions - into the continent. They will follow your directive unquestioningly as they aid in the reconstruction, clean-up and restoration of what was once known as the Latin Paradise. I will ensure they act in accordance with the edicts outlined within the White Cross, and end the suffering that has plagued our world in at least one part of it.

Most humbly and faithfully yours,
[/i][i][/quote][/i][i]
[b]Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo[/b], Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, for the Principality of Aeon[/i]

We hope to see the former Corporate Republic pick up the pieces in Guyana and rebuild that devastated landscape into a proper land once more. In regards to the Panama Canal, we feel it would make the most sense from a geographical perspective to be it's primary administrator given we're currently in the process of taking control of former HAE lands adjacent to it. We are however willing to administrate the area jointly with the aforementioned powers should they insist upon it.

[i]-His Majesty the King of New Spain[/i]
[i]Enrique Bourbon[/i]

[b]Encrypted to Ceylon/Guyana:[/b]

[i]From the Office of the President,[/i]

On behalf of Selenarctos, I would congratulate the Republic of Ceylon in the part it played in restoring order in the Americas. Ceylon, and Sri Lanka before it, have been close allies of Selenarctos, through our government transitions and your own, we have remained allied militarily and economically. We wish Ceylon and Guyana our best as the capital and assets are moved across the Pacific, however I am afraid our military foreign policy to not extend that far.

I hope that we maintain friendly relations, however I ask that the Transitional Republic of Guyana send representation to Manila so that we may discuss a downgrade of the treaty between Ceylon and Selenarctos, from an Mutual Defense Pact to a pact of non-aggression and mutual economic interests.

Thank you,
-President Diokno

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1319665783' post='2832631']
Public

[quote][i]Regardless of the political ramifications regarding the Republic of Ceylon's transition to Guyana, I must pledge my support to the clean-up and humanitarian mission of Sostra Holdings in South America. The loss of life on that war beleaguered continent is reprehensible. I cannot stand idly by while these noble souls endeavor to make things right.

Immediately following my recognition of the Transitional Republic of Guyana, I must humbly request that it allow several divisions of my children - the strongest of my minions - into the continent. They will follow your directive unquestioningly as they aid in the reconstruction, clean-up and restoration of what was once known as the Latin Paradise. I will ensure they act in accordance with the edicts outlined within the White Cross, and end the suffering that has plagued our world in at least one part of it.

Most humbly and faithfully yours,[/i][/quote][i]
[b]Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo[/b], Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, for the Principality of Aeon[/i]
[/quote]
[b][Public Response][/b]
"Princess Sidamo,
as current head of the Transitional Republic, I would gladly accept your aid in the restoration of the continent.
Know that I cannot thank you enough for your trust, and aid."

With regards,
Laura Leclerc
Speaker of the Republic

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1319671573' post='2832685']
We hope to see the former Corporate Republic pick up the pieces in Guyana and rebuild that devastated landscape into a proper land once more. In regards to the Panama Canal, we feel it would make the most sense from a geographical perspective to be it's primary administrator given we're currently in the process of taking control of former HAE lands adjacent to it. We are however willing to administrate the area jointly with the aforementioned powers should they insist upon it.

[i]-His Majesty the King of New Spain[/i]
[i]Enrique Bourbon[/i]
[/quote]
[b][Public][/b]
"We will do our best to rebuild this devastated continent and bring it back to its previous beauty. In addition, I see your point about administration of the Canal; The Republic will prepare to give administrative control of the Panama Canal to New Spain, unless Pravus Ingruo or Noveria object.
Thank you."

Laura Leclerc
Speaker of the Republic

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1319687471' post='2832833']
So long as the Transitional Republic of Guyana maintains its' presence (and that of its' allies) above the Quarantine Line, the Winter Contingency has no objections to this inheritance.
[/quote]
"We will ensure that our presence will not go beyond the Quarantine Line set by the Winter Contigency.
I would like to thank you personally for your recognition, but there unfortunately is still much to do. Perhaps a meeting could be arranged at some point in the future."

Laura Leclerc
Speaker of the Republic

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1319688009' post='2832839']
[b]Encrypted to Ceylon/Guyana:[/b]

[i]From the Office of the President,[/i]

On behalf of Selenarctos, I would congratulate the Republic of Ceylon in the part it played in restoring order in the Americas. Ceylon, and Sri Lanka before it, have been close allies of Selenarctos, through our government transitions and your own, we have remained allied militarily and economically. We wish Ceylon and Guyana our best as the capital and assets are moved across the Pacific, however I am afraid our military foreign policy to not extend that far.

I hope that we maintain friendly relations, however I ask that the Transitional Republic of Guyana send representation to Manila so that we may discuss a downgrade of the treaty between Ceylon and Selenarctos, from an Mutual Defense Pact to a pact of non-aggression and mutual economic interests.

Thank you,
-President Diokno
[/quote]
[b][Encrypted Response][/b]

"While I am saddened that Selenarctos' policies do not extend to South America, I fully understand, of course, and thank you for the magnificent cooperation and the great friendship we nurtured in these last years.
I would be honoured if we could continue to maintain our friendship, and will gladly send a representative to review our treaty for downgrading it."

Laura Leclerc
Speaker of the Republic

OOC: Feel free to make a new thread, iKrolm. Also, you can consider [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104861"]this[/url] thread completed, unless you'd like me to post a summary or somesuch thing.

Edited by Lynneth

The Kingdom of Cochin recognizes the transition from Ceylon to Guyana and however saddened we are at our close allies and neighbors moving over to another continent we wish them the best of fortunes in their new adventure. The Kingdom of Cochin reannexes the Bengal Special Administrative Zone and the Bengal Province is hereby being restored. We also recognize Ceylon as a joint territory of the Kingdom of Cochin and Guyana and pledges our assistance to ease the travails of the transition.

- HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin

Humanitarian efforts in South America initiated by the former Corporate Republic are commendable.
Efforts to clean the uninhabitable radioactive rubble wasteland of what was once the Imperial Center are especially impressive.
Procinctia is disgusted how casually the Corporate Republic abandoned Ceylon; Sri Lanka was discarded carelessly.
No government should disregard nearly their entire population - we’re calling you out on this.
Despite this misgiving Procinctia recognizes the Transitional Republic of Guyana.
Transitional Republic of Guyana, even as somewhat of a successor state, is not responsible for the Corporate Republic’s negligence.

Edited by Generalissimo

The Federal Republic of Greenland does not recognize this so called South American nation and calls upon all American nations to stand united against what amounts to the colonization of South America. With the collapse of the Holy American Empire, the Corporate Republic of Ceylon has descended upon the continent like a vulture to claim large swathes of territory, all the while initiating a policy of mass migration of its inhabitants and companies to South America. A simple name change does not change the fact that you, your companies, and your people are not from South America and have no right to take re-locate there, especially when there is a threatened population that needs to be cared and provided for, not neglected at the hands of the Corporate Republic of Ceylon.

We call upon all nations of the world, and especially America, to renounce recognition of the country. At this point Greenland refuses to interact in any manner, be it economically or politically, with the Corporate Republic of Ceylon.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1319720535' post='2832965']
The Kingdom of Cochin recognizes the transition from Ceylon to Guyana and however saddened we are at our close allies and neighbors moving over to another continent we wish them the best of fortunes in their new adventure. The Kingdom of Cochin reannexes the Bengal Special Administrative Zone and the Bengal Province is hereby being restored. We also recognize Ceylon as a joint territory of the Kingdom of Cochin and Guyana and pledges our assistance to ease the travails of the transition.

- HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin
[/quote]
"We thank you for your recognition and cooperation.
Hopefully, our friendship will be strong in the future."

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1319810827' post='2833572']
A message was dispatched from somewhere in the former Noveria, in a slightly-garbled tone:

"The Provisional Military Government would be content to let New Spain and Pravus Ingruo administrate the Panama Canal."

After that, the message ended.
[/quote]
"We understand. Thank you."

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320267815' post='2837183']
Humanitarian efforts in South America initiated by the former Corporate Republic are commendable.
Efforts to clean the uninhabitable radioactive rubble wasteland of what was once the Imperial Center are especially impressive.
Procinctia is disgusted how casually the Corporate Republic abandoned Ceylon; Sri Lanka was discarded carelessly.
No government should disregard nearly their entire population - we’re calling you out on this.
Despite this misgiving Procinctia recognizes the Transitional Republic of Guyana.
Transitional Republic of Guyana, even as somewhat of a successor state, is not responsible for the Corporate Republic’s negligence.
[/quote]
"We have not 'abandoned' Ceylon and Bengal. We have entrusted their populations to a nation that is far more capable in protecting them than we are at the time.
That said, they surely would've risen up in revolt already, were they not content with our choice?"

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1320283464' post='2837327']
The Federal Republic of Greenland does not recognize this so called South American nation and calls upon all American nations to stand united against what amounts to the colonization of South America. With the collapse of the Holy American Empire, the Corporate Republic of Ceylon has descended upon the continent like a vulture to claim large swathes of territory, all the while initiating a policy of mass migration of its inhabitants and companies to South America. A simple name change does not change the fact that you, your companies, and your people are not from South America and have no right to take re-locate there, especially when there is a threatened population that needs to be cared and provided for, not neglected at the hands of the Corporate Republic of Ceylon.

We call upon all nations of the world, and especially America, to renounce recognition of the country. At this point Greenland refuses to interact in any manner, be it economically or politically, with the Corporate Republic of Ceylon.
[/quote]
"South America is largely a wasteland. It needs to be rebuilt, and we are providing the means to do so. The massively reduced population needs to grow, and this can, in the short term, only be achieved through immigration from all over the world.
Please do note that of Guyana's current population of around 8 million, 4.5 million are natives. Roughly 2.3 million are immigrants from Ceylon and Bengal, while the other 1.2 million are from amny different parts of the world, Cochin, Athenians, Germans, just to name a few. We expect many more to arrive from all over the world, and we hope that equally as many refugees from the various parts of South America make their way here so that we may aid them even better than just patrolling the wasteland and giving them free food. We want to provide them with work.
The Transitional Republic has dedicated itself to better the lives of all people on the continent, and regardless of your hostile stance, we will continue to aid everyone."