Rude awaking

JohnHancock

Don't just hate it when some one quits on you without warning?

Lets say trades resources, we have the ability to change them every month, and before that era people whould just drop the trade agreements without even saying a word.

The Same goes with Tech deals, however, far less frustrating. Once the 3 million has been payed back with tech then you would have completed the deal. However, when ever there seems to be any level of commitment in doing over again that person quits on you. Closes up his slots and moves on.

Well those are the two prime ways to tick someone off, like me. But the point of this post is simple. Communicate with your fellow TC partners. Give them some warning!

How many of you can relate to this post. :mellow:

Letting off some steam eh?

I can only relate with trade agreements.

I sell tech, and so never had the issue of people dropping or deleting accounts on me. And since I ask for the money first, even if they did drop everything, there's no penalty for me. I do hate it though when I provide them their tech but they take days to accept it - the sooner they accept it, the sooner I have an aid sot open.

I'm fine with all this though because, like in the real world, some people are just inconsiderate jerks.

[quote name='Mada Vopahsolog' timestamp='1319604817' post='2832425']
Letting off some steam eh?

I can only relate with trade agreements.

I sell tech, and so never had the issue of people dropping or deleting accounts on me. And since I ask for the money first, even if they did drop everything, there's no penalty for me. I do hate it though when I provide them their tech but they take days to accept it - [b]the sooner they accept it, the sooner I have an aid sot open.[/b]

I'm fine with all this though because, like in the real world, some people are just inconsiderate jerks.
[/quote]

I thought your aid slot expired 10 days after offered, not when accepted. :unsure:

But it does suck, because you're probably doing other tech deals and you don't want to be caught with 0 tech when someone tries to accept it...

[quote name='Mada Vopahsolog' timestamp='1319666157' post='2832635']
:unsure:

Well, I hope that's the case. But yes, it causes a backlog if someone accepts days later, and you get caught with 0 tech.
[/quote]

Yes it is the case. The time to clear a slot starts the moment you send the offer, not when it's accepted. There have many offers expire without ever being accepted. Were it based on acceptance, pending offers would never expire.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mada Vopahsolog' timestamp='1319604817' post='2832425']
I do hate it though when I provide them their tech but they take days to accept it - the sooner they accept it, the sooner I have an aid sot open.[/quote]

Aid slots clear at update 10 days after the offer was sent. It doesn't matter if they accept on day 1 or day 9, the slot clears at the same time.

[quote name='JohnHancock' timestamp='1319604133' post='2832423']
The Same goes with Tech deals, however, far less frustrating. Once the 3 million has been payed back with tech then you would have completed the deal. However, when ever there seems to be any level of commitment in doing over again that person quits on you. Closes up his slots and moves on.
[/quote]
Heck, just getting so far as to complete the deal can be quite fortunate. I've had a fair few sellers completely leave the game after giving them money. I can understand why a lot of new nations may just up and leave, but worse than scamming the money, when they delete it is just gone. COmplete waste of the time taken to find the deal and wait for the slot to clear, and the money exchanged.