Space Wonders - Moving and Changing

Nova Blue

[font="Verdana"][size="3"]Alright, here's how I usually do it: I move the Moon Wonder, and copy the URL that is generated in the pop-up and paste it into the browser. Buuuuut, when you do this for the Moon Mine, it automatically moves it for you and locks it in as an official move, and you can't move the Mine again for 7 Days.

In 7 days I can move it again (and then try to change the Resource), but my question is what are the exact step-by-step actions to get, C&P, and change your Moon Mine resources, and what parts of the URL do you keep and what parts do you change. I ask because the URL that contains the "VALUE" code at the end (it's the part that shows up in the URL after Long/Lat when you attempt to move the Moon Mine), when you C&P that with the new 100% EFF coordinates in place, it moves the Mine without letting you change your resources anymore. "Meaning a locked-in move".

Similar question for the Colony: When you 1st buy it, when will it prompt you to add the additional citizens, and how do you do so while trying to move it to get the 100% EFF (similar to the Moon Mine question I have above).

Thanks in advance. :)
--Mags [/size][/font]

Edited by Nova Blue

You have to do both things with the same operation/move.

Links to move the Wonder [i]without[/i] generating a new Resource / citizen storage have the form:
[code]http://www.cybernations.net/national_wonders_map.asp?Nation_ID=000000&Location=Moon&Type=Mine&lon=xx.xxxxxxxx&lat=xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&VALUE=X0X0X0X0X0[/code]

Links to move the Wonder [i]generating[/i] a new Resource / citizen storage have the form:
[code]http://www.cybernations.net/national_wonders_map.asp?Nation_ID=000000&Upgrade=1&Location=Moon&Type=Mine&lon=xx.xxxxxxxx&lat=xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&VALUE=X0X0X0X0X0[/code]
Note the «&Upgrade=1» part.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1319183711' post='2829841']
You have to do both things with the same operation/move.

Links to move the Wonder [i]without[/i] generating a new Resource / citizen storage have the form:
[code]http://www.cybernations.net/national_wonders_map.asp?Nation_ID=000000&Location=Moon&Type=Mine&lon=xx.xxxxxxxx&lat=xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&VALUE=X0X0X0X0X0[/code]

Links to move the Wonder [i]generating[/i] a new Resource / citizen storage have the form:
[code]http://www.cybernations.net/national_wonders_map.asp?Nation_ID=000000&Upgrade=1&Location=Moon&Type=Mine&lon=xx.xxxxxxxx&lat=xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&VALUE=X0X0X0X0X0[/code]
Note the «&Upgrade=1» part.
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="3"]Thanks for the info and the reply jerdge. Can I assume the following for the 2nd line of code (to change resources with a move):

- I substitute my Nation ID for the "00000"?
- I substitute the Lon & Lat "XX" for the latest one's posted?
- I substitute "Mine" for "Colony" (when dealing with the Colony) for the section "Moon&Type"?

How do you get the unique VALUE code without actually moving it though? Would I move it temporarily to generate the code, then put the form date (the 2nd one you posted) in the URL and substitute the VALUE with the one generated (along with the other substitute data)?

Thanks,
--Mags[/size][/font]

Edited by Nova Blue

[quote name='Blue' timestamp='1319313550' post='2830589']
Is the issue when you click, hold, drag, and unclick, and upon unclicking it considers it a move? If so you may want to try another browser.
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="3"]1st, thanks for taking the time to respond...I appreciate it. :)

No, sorry for any confusion...here's what's happening:

You want to get the 100% EFF on your Space Wonders, you go to the Moon or Mars Hotspot Threads to get the latest correct coordinates. You do a temp move on your Space Wonder to get the URL, C&P it into your browser, and make the appropriate edits. The problem being that with the Mine or Colony, you do that and it locks in a move not allowing you to change Resources or Colony #'s.

Jerdge's post was on the right path in relation to what I was asking (he provided the right URL forms for me to use), but I had a couple of followup questions for that (which you can see in my post right above your own here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106189&view=findpost&p=2830111). If Jerdge, you, or anyone else can please help answer those followup questions I'd be happy. Each error in this process is a 7-Day learning curve, so I want to minimize it as best as I can. Thanks.

--Mags[/size][/font]

Edited by Nova Blue

[quote name='Nova Blue' timestamp='1319316460' post='2830607']
[font="Verdana"][size="3"]1st, thanks for taking the time to respond...I appreciate it. :)

No, sorry for any confusion...here's what's happening:

You want to get the 100% EFF on your Space Wonders, you go to the Moon or Mars Hotspot Threads to get the latest correct coordinates. You do a temp move on your Space Wonder to get the URL, C&P it into your browser, and make the appropriate edits. The problem being that with the Mine or Colony, you do that and it locks in a move not allowing you to change Resources or Colony #'s.

Jerdge's post was on the right path in relation to what I was asking (he provided the right URL forms for me to use), but I had a couple of followup questions for that (which you can see in my post right above your own here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106189&view=findpost&p=2830111). If Jerdge, you, or anyone else can please help answer those followup questions I'd be happy. Each error in this process is a 7-Day learning curve, so I want to minimize it as best as I can. Thanks.

--Mags[/size][/font]
[/quote]
So when you drop it so you can get the link, the link you get won't change resources or citizens? When you move those, there should be 2 links to choose from, one that moves and updates, and one that just moves. Is that not what you're seeing?

[font="Verdana"][size="3"]Drag 'N Dropping it doesn't give you the precise area for 100% EFF, that's why there's the Moon & Mars Hotspot Threads stickied in the Game Discussion Board. You need the correct corresponding URL form (what myself and Jerdge have been referring to in this this thread, and what Jerdge posted above).

If you just plainly C&P the link into your browser that moving gives you (without editing it), then you end up with a locked-on move that hasn't changed your resources OR updated your Colony #'s. Like Jerdge said above, you need to do both at once.

In more simple terms, I was doing what you're suggesting/referring to and that messed me up. The right thing to do (and what I now know thanks to Jerdge) is to do both moves at once (using the form URL he posted above). Buuuuuut, I still have a couple of followup editing questions for that URL (which I posed above).

--Mags[/size][/font]

Edited by Nova Blue

The way I've typically seen for moving space wonders is drag & drop, and when you drop, it should come up with a confirmation popup with the link you need. On the Mines and Colonies, there are two opitons there. You can right click and copy the link address, paste it, and change the latitude and longitude. It willl have the VALUE section already filled in, since the link was presented to you by the game in the first place.

Of course, jerdge's method is fine too. Either way should work.

[quote name='Nova Blue' timestamp='1319231054' post='2830111']Thanks for the info and the reply jerdge. Can I assume the following for the 2nd line of code (to change resources with a move):

- I substitute my Nation ID for the "00000"?
- I substitute the Lon & Lat "XX" for the latest one's posted?
- I substitute "Mine" for "Colony" (when dealing with the Colony) for the section "Moon&Type"?

How do you get the unique VALUE code without actually moving it though? Would I move it temporarily to generate the code, then put the form date (the 2nd one you posted) in the URL and substitute the VALUE with the one generated (along with the other substitute data)?

Thanks,
--Mags[/quote]
Well, your best chance (as Blue said) is to copy the link you get with drag and drop (with either the new resource/citizen storage or not, as needed) and then fix just its latitude and longitude values.

About your questions, anyway, the correct answer is 'yes' (all of them).

You can get the VALUE code by dragging and dropping [i]any[/i] Moon facility, just copying the VALUE code from the link (I guess that on most browsers/platform you can right click the link and choose "copy" from the context menu, then pasting the link - for example - in any word processor/notepad, getting the VALUE code from that).
You can also get the VALUE code from your [url="http://www.cybernations.net/trade_information.asp"]Trade Agreements page[/url]. Just copy a link associated to any of the [img]http://www.cybernations.net/images/cancel.png[/img] icons and again paste it somewhere: it contains the same unique VALUE code (which is associated with your session - ITT - and not just with your Space Wonders).

When copying and pasting links always remember to not actually click them and not to paste them in your browser's address bar (until you're ready to go), or you might activate them, effectively sinking anything you've been trying to do. :)

Edited by jerdge