Legion-Doomhouse "Performance"

Rebel Virginia

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1319211518' post='2829921']
Most of the people in cybernations lack "credentials" that doesnt mean their opinions are worth any less. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1319216351' post='2829965']
Says the guy who is helping orchestrate this train wreck.
[/quote]

You two missed a Star Wars reference, and therefore your opinions are invalid.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1319221004' post='2830008']
I'm pretty sure he's the conductor/engineer of this train wreck.

NSO thinks their winning, Legion thinks their winning. I guess we'll go into round 3 and see if anyone taps out then.
[/quote]

There is locational, as in, "There is a trainwreck."

Their is possessive, as in, "That is their trainwreck."

They're is a contraction, combining the words "they" and "are". An example would be "NSO thinks they're winning".

[img]http://www.tsbmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/the_more_you_know2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1319221004' post='2830008']
I'm pretty sure he's the conductor/engineer of this train wreck.

NSO thinks their winning, Legion thinks their winning. I guess we'll go into round 3 and see if anyone taps out then.
[/quote]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Etaru. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Total Money: $278,476,746

I agree, lets play that game :smug:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1319089139' post='2829105']lost more of every AA metric
[/quote]
This is where I have to call bull !@#$.

Throughout the entire war, your upper tier made even less of a presence than Legion's. Not a single nation on your AA above about 50k ns left peace mode. Your ability to rebuild from the war was only marginally affected. NSO, on the other hand, put everything they had into the war. At the end of the war, their largest nations were around 30k ns, at best. Of all alliances of any size on your side of the war, only NSO was destroyed that thoroughly.

Legion's NS chart has basically flat-lined for over a week, looks like NSO and co have shot their wad.?.?...Id hate to be in the peace talks because anything short of a full legion surrender reflects badly imo...and with the seemingly stagnant NS chart that would seem improbable(though it IS legion....they have been known to make facepalm worthy moves in the past)

So NSO and co, how ya all going to pull this one out of your ass??

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1319313768' post='2830591']
Legion's NS chart has basically flat-lined for over a week, looks like NSO and co have shot their wad.?.?...Id hate to be in the peace talks because anything short of a full legion surrender reflects badly imo...and with the seemingly stagnant NS chart that would seem improbable(though it IS legion....they have been known to make facepalm worthy moves in the past)

[/quote]

There's 5 individual reasons for that, actually.

But yeah, I ain't gonna deny that at the moment, that's the truth. Situations going to change down the road, but it is what it is. The Legion's fighting a PR battle, rather than a military conflict. And it's working.

Another pointless topic.

Truth: GOONs, MK and Umbrella are some of the most feared fighters on bob, large sum's of cash, well built nations and a thirst for blood, Any single alliance even another bloc would never hit this group head on unless they have them well out numbered, that is the simple truth of it.

Truth: NSO is not fighting legion on there own, stop claiming they are, the sides are even but legion have better built nations, more cash and a greater thirst for blood then NSO, Tetris, NsO, IAA and BTA, that is the simple truth of it.

Truth: anyone who even thought comparing Legion Vs DH and Legion Vs NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA and Tetris as anything more then a FAILED PR by NSO need to have their eyes check.

In the Legion Vs DH it was not a case of Legion playing poorly, it was legion been out shined by DH, however in Legion Vs NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA and tetris, Well legion is outshining you all that simple.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1319313768' post='2830591']
[/quote]

Well - the consensus amongst the general membership when they learned of Legions [i]demands[/i] for a full surrender and reparations; we take a page out of FAN's book :war:

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319346494' post='2830796']
Another pointless topic.

Truth: GOONs, MK and Umbrella are some of the most feared fighters on bob, large sum's of cash, well built nations and a thirst for blood, Any single alliance even another bloc would never hit this group head on unless they have them well out numbered, that is the simple truth of it.

Truth: NSO is not fighting legion on there own, stop claiming they are, the sides are even but legion have better built nations, more cash and a greater thirst for blood then NSO, Tetris, NsO, IAA and BTA, that is the simple truth of it.

Truth: anyone who even thought comparing Legion Vs DH and Legion Vs NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA and Tetris as anything more then a FAILED PR by NSO need to have their eyes check.

In the Legion Vs DH it was not a case of Legion playing poorly, it was legion been out shined by DH, however in Legion Vs NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA and tetris, Well legion is outshining you all that simple.
[/quote]

You make me laugh. Please, don't let that cell in your head duplicate. I'd miss these times. :blush:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1319347603' post='2830800']
Well - the consensus amongst the general membership when they learned of Legions [i]demands[/i] for a full surrender and reparations; we take a page out of FAN's book :war: [/quote]

The FAN/NPO conflict was before my time but from what I've read (and I have, sad isn't it?) what allowed FAN to fight the way they did was their organisational ability. NSO in contrast are a loud mouthed rabble who can't organise an irc channel

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1319348569' post='2830808']
The FAN/NPO conflict was before my time but from what I've read (and I have, sad isn't it?) what allowed FAN to fight the way they did was their organisational ability. NSO in contrast are a loud mouthed rabble who can't organise an irc channel
[/quote]
I see where you're going with this, but the notion that NSO lacks the administrative talent to organise a prolonged fight is pretty goddamn ridiculous. I'd be more skeptical of Legion's ability to enact that style of occupational warfare than NSO's capacity to sustain it.

Well - the consensus amongst the general membership when they learned of Legions [i]demands[/i] for a full surrender and reparations; we take a page out of FAN's book :war: [/quote]

What page ?, the fact FAN stayed in peace mode for a year ?, The war in itself was not that long what made it seem a long time was the fact FAN refused to surrender nothing more, also at the time fan had no allies, so by al-means jump in to peace mode, all your rants "do something about it" will be even more funny.

You make me laugh. Please, don't let that cell in your head duplicate. I'd miss these times. :blush:
[/quote]

Well even if it does not duplicate the fact remains I have one more cell then anyone in NSO.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319350395' post='2830816']
what made it seem a long time was the fact FAN refused to surrender nothing more
[/quote]

You're not just a pretty face, are ya :v:

I said we take a page out of their book, not the whole goddamned book. We have no intentions to surrender. Our membership would probably castrate the government if we surrendered to Legion.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319346494' post='2830796']
[/quote]
Uh no, there was definitely an element of Legion playing poorly. They had Doomhouse hugely outnumbered in nation count in the middle and lower tier.

From what I can see this war any 'outshining' for Legion's side is mostly a result of IAA's nations not being used in any real capacity. So while the numbers may seem like an even fight, if you take out most of IAA's statistical component in the NSO+Tetris group, Legion actually has a decent advantage.

Edited by Drai

true, though it is also fair to say that we've not yet turned our attention to IAA, or NsO and BTL for that matter, just as they've not committed themselves to us. So discoutning AA's isn't really a point to raise when those AA's arrayed against one another have yet to do so in a significant way. However, our attention has been directed for the most part towrds the sith and tetris. there it is fair to say we are at an advantage and it is proving to have a significant impact on those two alliance. Whether the above remains to be true for the remainder of the war is yet to be seen but if it were to change then the dynamics of the war will surely change aswell though to whose advantage is not easy to predict.

Edited by DanDesade

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1319376948' post='2830891']
Remember that Legion is even less than that before you start throwing out accusations.
[/quote]

[b]Was[/b] less than that. From a newcomer's perspective looking at a larger alliance logistics, I can say that the Legion is pretty well organized.

That said, so are the Sith. While I'm a fan of a some good 'ol smack talk, nevertheless, they are organized enough to put up some resistance. None of the combatants are any great war machines, but the new military doctrine being put into place in the Legion is having some marked positive results. NSO has always had a core of active players, so in this respect we make a good grudge match in ability.

Well - the consensus amongst the general membership when they learned of Legions [i]demands[/i] for a full surrender and reparations
[/quote]

Care to cite what those reparation demands were? As far as I'm aware reps haven't been mentioned at all. Is that what you're doing to rally the troops?

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1319351626' post='2830820']Our membership would probably castrate the government if we surrendered to Legion.
[/quote]

Don't raise my hopes like that unless you're planning on following through! :P

But to be serious, I've just bothered to take a look at this forum, and [b]another[/b] thread? I know I'm late to the party, but man, oh man. It just doesn't end!

Edited by Domingo the Honored

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1319496944' post='2831795']
Care to cite what those reparation demands were? As far as I'm aware reps haven't been mentioned at all. Is that what you're doing to rally the troops?
[/quote]

Legion lying to their allies? Why I never.

Edited by Dilber

Well - the consensus amongst the general membership when they learned of Legions [i]demands[/i] for a full surrender and reparations; we take a page out of FAN's book :war:
[/quote]

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1319499031' post='2831815']
Legion lying to their allies? Why I never.
[/quote]

Yes, there certainly is lying going on. As the person representing Legion when a peace offer was discussed last Friday, I to would like to hear these dastardly reparations that I have demanded during that meeting.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319085687' post='2829071'][color="#0000FF"]
I am giving them the chance to end this. I am giving them a chance to earn my peace, and my respect, and to put this to rest for once and for all. It is a generous offer, and a reasonable one, if only they'll be level-headed enough to realize it. They need only admit they performed poorly during the last war, and that they were cowards. And apologize for the slight on NSO's honor. That is all. Nothing extreme. All I want is a bit of humility from Legion.[/color]
[/quote]

I guess to RV Obsession isn't just a perfume, it's a lifestyle.

So your "generous" offer to The Legion is to have us admit that we performed poorly during the last war, that we were cowards, and to apologize for the slight on NSO honor? While I can't speak for the Legion as a whole I can speak for myself, and will answer your demands one at a time.

1. Admit they performed poorly during the Doomhouse war.
I fought five opponents, two GOONs and three from MK, in two separate engagements. One of the GOONs that I fought has since deleted, but against both I scored considerably more damage than I took knocking them down to less than 1/2 my NS during the time we were fighting. The 2nd engagement was a different story as I answered a personal call-out from the Mushqueda by declaring on Gairyuki (a Mushlim), and two other Shrooms. Since Gairyuki was much older and better equipped than I, my results weren't near as good as the first round. Still I kept up attacks on all fronts againts all three opponents and scored my share of damage. So my personal answer to this is No I did not perform poorly during the Doomhouse war.

2. Admit that we (The Legion) are cowards.
I will have to decline on this demand as well, because as I stated in the first part I declared on a nation (as well as two other nations) that I knew to be my superior. I would also put up my casualty totals as evidence of my non-cowardness. While not record breaking by any means for a nation my size, age, and who resides in a non-raiding alliance, they are respectable.

3. Apologize for the slight on NSO honor.
Since I directly [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103229&view=findpost&p=2746313&hl=&fromsearch=1"]accused Varianz[/url] of being complicent in the first round of spying on Legion nations I'll assume that this is directed at least partly at myself. I'm sorry to say that I'll have to dissappoint you again and decline to apologize for this. I laid out the facts as I saw them and directly confronted the person that I believed fit those fact most closely. Latter events have bourne out several highly ranked members in the Sith government, by their own admission, commited, or were complicit with, espianoge against the Legion. So while my accusation was slightly off-target it was still well in the ball park.

Your demands for an end to conflict with you are things which can not and will not be produced. You have stated several times that NSO honor will be defended and that there are no alternatives to ending this conflict other than meeting your demands. It seems that Sith leadership is in lock-step with you and are happy to go down to ZI in a burning heap, but what of your general membership? Do they all support the steps that Rayvon and others took in violating Legion sovereignty? Or have they been duped into believing the blue words of a former leader blinded by obsession?

A lot of questions there, but I have some more, sorry for that (see you did get an apology after all). Let's assume that the majority of Sith are fully aware of what's been going on, and truly feel as you do. That any perceived slight on the NSO should be answered with repeated violation of alliance sovereignty and large scale harrassment until such time as the offending alliance is prodded into war. Who's going to get the NSO treatment next IAA, BTA, NsO, or even Tetris? NSO members have more than once critisized them all for their performance during your war. If they dare try to defend themselves will they be met with spy attacks, forum intrusions, and insults as we were?

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1319501519' post='2831839']
Yes, there certainly is lying going on. As the person representing Legion when a peace offer was discussed last Friday, I to would like to hear these dastardly reparations that I have demanded during that meeting.
[/quote]
You did not demand reparations in that meeting, you demanded them at a prior time.

Lowgain: Sup
[2:06pm] Alexander[Query]: sorry was away to lunch, how can I help you?
[2:10pm] Lowgain: As I understand it our MoD suggested the idea of white peace and was denied. I was just curious as to what you guys are looking for to end the war, if anything at all.
[2:13pm] Alexander[Proconsul]: Complete and full surrender with reps. We have made overtures to IAA/BTA and they were blown off with out even the courtesy of a denial message. Unless something drastic were to chance we have no plans to offer to end the war anytime soon.
[2:14pm] Alexander[Proconsul]: chance/change
[2:16pm] Alexander[Proconsul]: for the record your MoD offered us WP from Tetris, to clear up your first sentence.
[2:19pm] Lowgain: mmk.
[2:20pm] Lowgain: Yeah we will be denying those. Thanks for your time.

Your completely full of !@#$. You showed up babbling to an impromptu unofficial meeting orchestrated by a completely uninvolved third party at a whim that neither me or my Dark Lord knew the existence of. You were too headstrong to realize the plight you were in, and completely and utterly unable to even speak of peacing out with the New Sith Order.

Edited by youwish959