Nuclear Darkness Accords

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319009424' post='2828543']
:smug:
looking at the web, most of my friends will end up on the opposite side, besides obviously those in RIA, although me claiming a side in a war is a bit naive, since I make my own side, doesn't mean I wont still be friends with them.
OOC: lern2 OOC and IC, two separate concepts, as much as most of you would love to prove otherwise.
edit: and obv not aimed at you AvT but you state my point well.
[/quote]
[OOC]Thanks, but I was IC in toto [/OOC]

My point being that it is poor politics as well as relationship management as well as future prospect management to switch gears from friendships and civility to all-out hostility at the drop of a treaty or at the signing of a treaty that you do not like. For nation rulers and alliances, their exhibited behaviour and demeanour is all others have to gauge them by. For at the end, everything said and done, stats, nation building etc being accounted for, what a prospective relationship partner looks for is character traits.

Of course there are groupings of convenience and temporary gain to be had, but random lathering at the mouth and general lack of civility towards those that are deemed opponents or worse still, recently dropped treaty partners is !@#$%-baggery and ass-clown like behaviour. Not traits i find to be good indicators of stability and reliability of an alliance. It is worse when it comes from government members of an alliance, and even more so when it comes from high gov. There is a marked increase in such behaviour over past year or so, by multiple people and for the most part it does not bother me, but when it starts coming from alliances i know are better than that, it is distressing. Specially when i know a few dont accurately reflect the thoughts of the whole [in this particular case]. Stupidity inspires the same in counterparts and it starts a cycle that makes me scratch my head in amazement.

Long-standing inter-alliance rivalries and enmities to a certain extent may be cited as a reason for such behaviour, and in most such cases it is mutual. Where a group goes from buddy buddy to vitriol overnight [almost] it is cause for raised eyebrows.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1319013133' post='2828555']
[OOC]Thanks, but I was IC in toto [/OOC]

My point being that it is poor politics as well as relationship management as well as future prospect management to switch gears from friendships and civility to all-out hostility at the drop of a treaty or at the signing of a treaty that you do not like. For nation rulers and alliances, their exhibited behaviour and demeanour is all others have to gauge them by. For at the end, everything said and done, stats, nation building etc being accounted for, what a prospective relationship partner looks for is character traits.

Of course there are groupings of convenience and temporary gain to be had, but random lathering at the mouth and general lack of civility towards those that are deemed opponents or worse still, recently dropped treaty partners is !@#$%-baggery and ass-clown like behaviour. Not traits i find to be good indicators of stability and reliability of an alliance. It is worse when it comes from government members of an alliance, and even more so when it comes from high gov. There is a marked increase in such behaviour over past year or so, by multiple people and for the most part it does not bother me, but when it starts coming from alliances i know are better than that, it is distressing. Specially when i know a few dont accurately reflect the thoughts of the whole [in this particular case]. Stupidity inspires the same in counterparts and it starts a cycle that makes me scratch my head in amazement.

Long-standing inter-alliance rivalries and enmities to a certain extent may be cited as a reason for such behaviour, and in most such cases it is mutual. Where a group goes from buddy buddy to vitriol overnight [almost] it is cause for raised eyebrows.
[/quote]

Someone should frame that post and pin it to the OWF for prosperity, well done Alf you have always been one of the more classy people I have met in CN. It was an honor to fight along side you in RoK back in the day and while we have both drifted off to take on our own little side adventures these days I still think of you as a good friend, ally and mentor. Don't ever change man.

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1319014859' post='2828568']
Regardless of the treaty web, I still :wub: The NPL

o/
[/quote]

The feeling is mutual bud... We kind of hopped of the bus before you got to your final destination in the treaty web but that doesn't mean we forgot the good times. Keep that meed flowing and those axes swinging and do what you do best hey. :)

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1319013133' post='2828555']

[/quote]

To be honest, I tend to judge people on the company they keep. Who you choose to be around is a direct reflection of your character, and perhaps gives insight into traits that were either earlier ignored, or unnoticed. But that's neither here nor there. I certainly wish NPL were on the other side of things, I like a lot of their members... however to suggest I should (or do) have some sort of personal relationship with them that supersedes the judgement I apply to myself and everyone else is incorrect, and unfair. If that is me suddenly turning to vitriol, then so be it. However when you lay with dogs, you get flees, or so the saying goes.

I wish nothing but the best to NPL. I hope they have a long-standing friendship with whoever they seek... It's their choices in this matter that disturbs me, however, and in my mind gives a greater tell to who they truly are, or at least inspire to be.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1319026960' post='2828601']
I wish nothing but the best to NPL. I hope they have a long-standing friendship with whoever they seek... It's their choices in this matter that disturbs me, however, and in my mind gives a greater tell to who they truly are, or at least inspire to be.
[/quote]

:(

i thought you liked us man? lol

congrats to NPL on the treaty...

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1318996949' post='2828418']
Lol, I thought NPL was supposed to be a more neutral AA? Apparently not. You now warrant my opinion (along with multiple others) that you should burn. :smug:

Next you will be announcing you will be turning into a Weeaboo?
[/quote]
You are such a hard body cyfe, such a hard body. Now by you i mean you not all of GATO. You, since getting into CnG, have turned into such a cocky hard ass. Seriously stop trolling cause GATO doesn't do it and you certainly dont do it very well. Also I know you wont be allowed to respond on these forums to my response. So please hit me up on IRC<3

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1318997476' post='2828432']
Since when? Stop talking out of your ass.

Why? Because they signed with an alliance who made you burn in a humiliating fashion?

I have no idea where you even get this from. I suspect it also came from your rectum.
[/quote]

You made GATO burn in a humiliating fashion? White peace does not mean burning and is not humiliating. Also the fact that before the white peace was accepted there were more alliances coming in on GATO. But good try there too buddy.

See gato i dont hate you!!

Edited by Greg23

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1319026960' post='2828601']
To be honest, I tend to judge people on the company they keep. Who you choose to be around is a direct reflection of your character, and perhaps gives insight into traits that were either earlier ignored, or unnoticed. But that's neither here nor there. I certainly wish NPL were on the other side of things, I like a lot of their members... however to suggest I should (or do) have some sort of personal relationship with them that supersedes the judgement I apply to myself and everyone else is incorrect, and unfair. If that is me suddenly turning to vitriol, then so be it. However when you lay with dogs, you get flees, or so the saying goes.

[/quote]

It wasn't so long ago RoK kept the same company and you possibly still would do if not for the events over the last war

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1319043435' post='2828666']
This treaty is almost as horrible as the ARES one.
[/quote]

Please help direct our FA Department so that we too may reach the same levels of success and relevance that SLCB reached. Oh wait.. :lol1:

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1319045984' post='2828684']
Please help direct our FA Department so that we too may reach the same levels of success and relevance that SLCB reached. Oh wait.. :lol1:
[/quote]

I didn't start SLCB. I started ARES.

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1319048337' post='2828707']
NPL's really signing anything and everything these days, huh?
[/quote]
To be fair, this has been a long time coming. King Wally's been a friend of ours back from when he was our Rok diplomat. Then I guess we saw the ARES treaty and started getting all jelly. I mean, seriously, what do they got that we don't got?