Peace In Our Time!

Greetings Planet Bob,

I come before you today to announce something I've been considering doing for some time. Start my own alliance. I understand the tasks ahead and am aware how hard they will be. I also am fully aware that have full plenty of support from my protector and friends and know they will make this journey a lot easier than it would normally be.

Today I announce the existence of a new alliance residing on the Red trading sphere. Our alliance will be taking things slow but steady, we're not looking for overnight growth or 1 mil NS announcement in 2 weeks from now. Does this mean we're a terrible alliance? I don't think so, but we'll see what Jacapo says :P

Our alliance will be taking a near neutral stance on Foreign Affairs. While we will not be looking for formal agreements other than our protectorate we still welcome any and all diplomats from across the cyberverse to come visit our [url="http://forums.cn-solitude.co.cc"]forums[/url] and set up an embassy.

So without further adieu I present to you.. [size="3"][u][b]Solitude[/b][/u][/size].

[quote][center][img]http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z405/xMaverick87x/solnewflag.jpg[/img]
[size="6"]The Charter of Solitude[/size][/center]

[size="4"][u][b]Article I. General Assembly[/b][/u][/size]

[u][b][size="3"]Section I. Admission[/size][/b][/u]

Any nation may apply to join the General Assembly of Solitude so long as they are not in any wars, on an ZI or Enemy lists and are a member of the Red trading sphere.

[u][b][size="3"]Section II. Powers of the General Assembly[/size][/b][/u]

Any member of the General Assembly has the right to propose any legislation or laws or the right to request impeachment of any government official, except the Emperor, which must then receive a 5/7 majority vote of the Senate.

Any member of the General Assembly has the right to request impeachment of the Emperor, which must then receive a 7/7 vote of the Senate and a 51% majority vote of the General Assembly.

[size="4"][u][b]Article II. Government[/b][/u][/size]

[u][b][size="3"]Section I. Chain of Command[/size][/b][/u]

[b]The Emperor [/b]

The Emperor is the head of the government and representative of the alliance in all foreign matters. The Emperor has the power to veto any acts and decisions made by the Senate. The Emperor serves lifetime in his position until resignation or removal.

[b]The Consuls[/b]

The 3 Consuls are the Consul of Foreign Affairs, the Consul of Internal Affairs, and the Consul of Military Affairs. Each Consul is responsible for the day to day operations of their departments. The Consuls are appointed by and answer only to the Emperor. The Emperor may remove and/or suspend any Consul at any time.

[b]The Senate[/b]

The Senate is made up of 7 members who are elected monthly by the General Assembly. Each Senator serves a 1 month term that begins of the first day of the month and ends on the last. The Senate is responsible for voting upon legislation, charter amendments, government impeachment and/or member expulsions brought forth by the General Assembly.

[u][b][size="3"]Section II. Senate Elections Process[/size][/b][/u]

[b]Nominations[/b]

The Emperor must open a nomination thread 7 days prior to the last day of the month. The nomination thread must remain open for a period of 3 days (72 hours). Any member of the General Assembly may be nominated for election. No member may nominate them self. Upon nomination the member must accept their nomination in the nomination thread. Should he/she not accept the nomination does not count.

[b]Elections[/b]

Once the nominations have concluded the Emperor must close the nomination thread and open an election poll 4 days prior to the last day of the month. The election thread must remain open for a period of 4 days (96 hours). Once the 96 hours have passed the Emperor must close the polls and conclude the election process. The newly elected senate will take office the first day of the month.

[size="3"][u][b]Article IV. War[/b][/u][/size]

The Emperor is the only member of Solitude who has the right to declare war on any nation and/or alliance. The Emperor understands the responsibility of this power and ensures he will seek diplomacy first in all matters concerning the alliance.

[size="3"][u][b]Article V. Foreign Relations[/b][/u][/size]

The Emperor is the only member of Solitude who has the right to approve any documents, treaties or agreements between Solitude and any foreign entity. The Emperor understands the responsibility of this power and ensures he will seek advice and approval from the General Assembly and Senate before acting.[/quote]

[center][size="4"][b]Come drop by the IRC channel and the drinks are on the house!

Forums: http://forums.cn-solitude.co.cc
IRC: #cn-solitude[/b][/size][/center]

The New Pacific Order is pleased to announce that we're partnering with Maverick to bring his new alliance, Solitude, onto Planet Bob. We look forward to working with him from this moment forward.

[quote]
[center][img]http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z405/xMaverick87x/ls.png[/img][/center]

[b]Preamble[/b]

In the interest of friendship and growth of both parties, The New Pacific Order and Solitude, agree to the following terms:

[b]Article I - Don't talk back to your parents![/b]

The New Pacific Order and Solitude agree to adhere to a policy of non-aggression towards each other. Neither will engage in military actions for, or any economic or political aid to, an enemy of the other.

[b]Article II - My dad can beat up your dad![/b]

The New Pacific Order shall defend the nations of Solitude provided they abide by the terms outlined in this document. This defense by the New Pacific Order shall consist of, but not be limited to, military, political, and economic assistance as necessary. However, if Solitude should instigate or engage in hostile behavior (as perceived by the New Pacific Order) of any type towards a third party, this document will be made null and void at the discretion of the Emperor of the NPO.

In the event that the New Pacific Order is involved in a military conflict, Solitude is required to provide support if requested by the NPO.

[b]Article III - Sharin' is carin', unless its Farrin[/b]

Both the New Pacific Order and Solitude agree to not engage in espionage against, and will make all efforts to provide information relevant to the interests of, the other.

[b]Article IV - Mom! Sign my permission slip![/b]

Solitude shall consult with and seek the approval of the Emperor of the New Pacific Order, or her authorized representatives, for all foreign affairs decisions that could impact both of the Parties. This is to include: any declarations of war, wartime aid or aid which might be reasonably assumed to be high-risk, and the signing of treaties. To this end, both of the Parties will be strongly encouraged to maintain high levels of communication with each other.

[b]Article V - Can I have a pony?[/b]

The New Pacific Order agrees to buy Solitude a pony.

[b]Article VI - Boarding School!?! D:[/b]

Should either The New Pacific Order or Solitude wish to end this treaty, they may do so at any time by serving notice to the other, with the terms of this agreement to remain in effect for seven days. This article is considered void should Solitude engage in hostilities as outlined in Article II.

[b]Signed for Solitude,[/b]

[i]Maverick87, Emperor of Solitude
Seannnnnn, Consul of Foreign Affairs
Sioncracy, Consul of Internal Affairs[/i]

[b]Signed for the New Pacific Order,[/b]

[i]- Mary the Fantabulous,
Dragon Emperor of the New Pacific Order
Reformed Neutral Menace

- Brehon,
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order
Sword of the Order

- Farrin Xies,
Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs
Purveyor of an FA Direction[/i]
[/quote]

Edited by Farrin Xies

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1318727011' post='2825882']
It seems odd that an alliance named "Solitude" would bother having a treaty, that would imply that they wish to socialize at some level.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right. Although I don't enjoy the thought of getting rolled for being different either.

whose reroll are you, why were you looking at my old friend's forum profile a few days ago and why have you used our alliance affiliation to start a formal alliance

... especially an alliance with a treaty with NPO

Edited by Kalasin

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318727904' post='2825908']
whose reroll are you, why were you looking at my old friend's forum profile a few days ago and why have you used our alliance affiliation to start a formal alliance

[/quote]

Who is your old friend?

[quote name='Maverick87' timestamp='1318728502' post='2825915']
Who is your old friend?
[/quote]

Gatherum, the original founder of Solitude. The whole point of Solitude was that it was a break from conventional politics and conventional alliances and was a different approach to CN for some disillusioned and unpopular people who could not find acceptance elsewhere. A protectorate goes against the whole spirit of the thing.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318727904' post='2825908']

[/quote]

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1318728195' post='2825910']
All i gather from this is theres new people to tech raid
[/quote]

Seems there are some things in this world that never change. [img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/210/5/a/face_palm_by_Draculasaurus.gif[/img]

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318728640' post='2825916']
Gatherum, the original founder of Solitude. The whole point of Solitude was that it was a break from conventional politics and conventional alliances and was a different approach to CN for some disillusioned and unpopular people who could not find acceptance elsewhere. A protectorate goes against the whole spirit of the thing.
[/quote]

That was a month ago and to be honest I'm not sure exactly how I got there or why I was looking at that..

[quote name='Maverick87' timestamp='1318728935' post='2825921']
That was a month ago and to be honest I'm not sure exactly how I got there or why I was looking at that..
[/quote]

I noticed it yesterday funnily enough and when I saw your nation name I asked around to find out who you were, without success. Then I saw this and was mildly amused. Oh well, good luck with your new alliance.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318729098' post='2825924']
I noticed it yesterday funnily enough and when I saw your nation name I asked around to find out who you were, without success. Then I saw this and was mildly amused. Oh well, good luck with your new alliance.
[/quote]

Thank you.