Feasibility of non-nuclear proliferation...

Mada Vopahsolog

Hypothetically, what is the feasibility of creating an alliance that is hostile towards nuclear capable nations, and campaigns in succeeding in removing nuclear weapons from the game?

Why would players dedicated themselves to this? For fun - the game isn't being approached or played in any new ways, and this would certainly reinvigorate it if it's at least possible to do.

Would it be possible to do it? Yes, put something in your charter/whatever about "members aren't allowed to own nukes" and "we won't sign treaties with alliances that have nukes".

Would it be feasible? I'd say not, I'd suggest you'll not get that many members and that you'd have difficulty finding a protector or other allies to support you as soon as another alliance decides to attack you.

You would have to.get two major blocks to come together and propose the treaty on the owf but it would take a long time for it to hapoen. They would have to oppose everyone for nukes. Meaning if someone went againt them, they would be attacked... But to do this they would need nukes. Eventually the idea would become possible once everyone understood them and either switxhed to not being attacked or were beaten into submission. But from mlthe greed i see personally in cn i cant ever see this happening but this is a good thought and it made me think

You could force widespread nuclear disarmament through force of arms, but you'd, paradoxically, need nukes yourself to enforce it. Setting up a world without nukes becomes very difficult when anyone breaking from the flock suddenly achieves a massive military advantage over the people trying to maintain the new status quo.

It would be like a government that created a weapons ban that included banning government employees from carrying weapons: Good luck getting any illegal guns away from the criminals.

[quote name='Mada Vopahsolog' timestamp='1319605089' post='2832426']
I realize it would take a vanguard of nations that are going to have to take some serious pummeling in the beginning before enforcing non-proliferation can be possible. One day perhaps...
[/quote]

How would you enforce it?

I personally wish we could go back to the early times when Nukes were a last resort. It would make war more strategy and coordination than just turtle and click nuke. I doubt that will ever happen but I think it would make for more interesting wars and increase activity as coordination is a must to achieve victory that way.