Kardiac Kids in Week 5

bcortell

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090105003648/cybernations/images/thumb/1/18/Pork_Shrimp.gif/250px-Pork_Shrimp.gif[/img]

This week was a rough week. I was up against what I thought was the best drafted team in the league. This game could decide if I get any tech or not. So there I was..

Then this happened…

[img]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ee/fullj.b1855d4571f4307982cb7b44b65b3326/b1855d4571f4307982cb7b44b65b3326-getty-128803814.jpg[/img]
That’s right.. Three TD’s for my man.

Was worried about my receivers, but what do you know..

[img]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/be/fullj.393333d036e8edf22afb14c20d530e97/ap-201110091339491598819.jpg[/img]
They pulled through in the clutch!

Plug 'n play QB?

[img]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/06/fullj.83c598046da910922967e06a0a0c98d4/83c598046da910922967e06a0a0c98d4-getty-128762554.jpg[/img]
Why was I even worried?

Even my kicker was excited..
[img] http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/fa/fullj.c045413d9ab2120f58d908d8fe3db9c3/ap-201110091933704180104.jpg[/img]

Tim Tebow? …NOT IN MY HOUSE!

And that’s how the Kardiac Kids won the Super bowl… err Week 5 in Fantasy Football.
[img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4962/capturexi.jpg[/img]

Oh yeah, PS declares war on Anonymous.

Signed by PS:
The Quartet

PS: I don’t think they’re going to let me create any more DoW’s.. :(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1318395013' post='2823284']

PS: I don’t think they’re going to let me create any more DoW’s.. :(
[/quote]

I sort of like the fantasy football based theme. I didn't notice any Browns in your summary though....coincidence?

Have fun everyone.

Anonymous:

34 nations
249,096 total NS
7,326 average NS
81 nukes

Pork Shrimp:

40 nations
283,067 total NS
7,077 average NS
112 nukes

For those who care to know :D Good luck and have fun everybody.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1318396140' post='2823293']
Anonymous:

34 nations
249,096 total NS
7,326 average NS
81 nukes

Pork Shrimp:

40 nations
283,067 total NS
7,077 average NS
112 nukes

[/quote]

Wow, did we really add that many nukes in the couple hours before/after update? Guess it's the WRCs...pretty sure we were in the mid 80s or low 90s earlier tonight.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1318396140' post='2823293']
Anonymous:

34 nations
249,096 total NS
7,326 average NS
81 nukes

Pork Shrimp:

40 nations
283,067 total NS
7,077 average NS
112 nukes

[/quote]
Heh, there's about 4 guys and 15K of NS I could have kicked off the AA, but Schad figured you guys might actually hit them like it mattered. What do you know.. he was right. Way to anarchy a guy who is 8 days inactive. :D

To be honest, though. We just wanted a fun war. We know you guys can fight and won't back down (as shown against LE last round). Hopefully we see that, and both will have a good time.

I just took those stats off of the alliance screen. Anyways, this is a decently fair war, and I hope everybody has some fun :) Early apologies to everyone else for their global radiation levels :P

Here's to a good war PS!

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1318397546' post='2823305']
Wow, did we really add that many nukes in the couple hours before/after update? Guess it's the WRCs...pretty sure we were in the mid 80s or low 90s earlier tonight.
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw you at about 90 odd before the build up. !@#$ happens during a blitz as well :P

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1318397917' post='2823310']
Heh, there's about 4 guys and 15K of NS I could have kicked off the AA, but Schad figured you guys might actually hit them like it mattered. What do you know.. he was right. Way to anarchy a guy who is 8 days inactive. :D

To be honest, though. We just wanted a fun war. We know you guys can fight and won't back down (as shown against LE last round). Hopefully we see that, and both will have a good time.
[/quote]

LE kind of suicided into us. I never really knew why they did that :P I guess 8 days inactive is a scary prospect, immediate priority, lol.

Anyways, its about time we rumbled again ;) Thats 5 rounds straight I think :P

This will be a fun duel.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1318397917' post='2823310']
Heh, there's about 4 guys and 15K of NS I could have kicked off the AA, but Schad figured you guys might actually hit them like it mattered.
[/quote]

Never underestimate the ability of certain people to seek out the softest targets possible. Like [url=http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000551]this guy[/url], with 8 nukes, an MP and an HNMS, who was active enough to counter, and jumped on two nations who had stopped playing, and another half his size. Not poking fun at Anonymous...every alliance has at least a nation or two like that, but it's always funny to see them rush out and fill their offensive slots with people who can't possibly harm them or anyone else, and thus avoid the possibility that some government type could come along and ask them to hit someone threatening.

lol Dock.

GL Anon. Even after building up I still had to buy a bit more than I planned to to hit my targets, only to find out one is completely broke. WCs are your friend people.

Schad - at least his nukes won't be hurting your stronger nations :D

You guys had a pretty good blitz, caught a few of our guys off guard and landed some nice anarchies :) Those WRCs are going to hurt!

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1318429459' post='2823478']
Schad - at least his nukes won't be hurting your stronger nations :D

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not complaining...heck, the "War Declared!" email might even wake one or two of them up. :v:

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1318427129' post='2823463']
WCs are your friend people.
[/quote]

Preaching the gospel of Warchest is truly the Lord's work. Unfortunately, it sometimes involves sending their souls to have a discussion with god in person.

I missed the waiver wire deadline in my league again. Stupid work travel is making it really hard to play roto-D/ST. That said, being forced into playing Minnesota this past week certainly turned out well for me. I think I might ride them against Chicago as well, though it's a bit more of a gamble than Arizona was.

In other news, my strategy of drafting 100% Manning at QB is starting to look 50% successful.

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1318431666' post='2823493']
Preaching the gospel of Warchest is truly the Lord's work. Unfortunately, it sometimes involves sending their souls to have a discussion with god in person.

I missed the waiver wire deadline in my league again. Stupid work travel is making it really hard to play roto-D/ST. That said, being forced into playing Minnesota this past week certainly turned out well for me. I think I might ride them against Chicago as well, though it's a bit more of a gamble than Arizona was.

In other news, my strategy of drafting 100% Manning at QB is starting to look 50% successful.
[/quote]
I went 1/5 on the waiver wire today, and got the guy I probably needed second from last out of 'em. :/

And yeah, I'm another victim of Peyton Manning, hence why I'm stuck with Flacco and Alex Smith (currently) at QB. Really wish I would have landed Tebow this week. Oh well, have to move on.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1318444401' post='2823549']
Agreed. Lets change the sides to those who play FF to those who don't. Dibs on BC.
[/quote]

I’ll agree to that there’s a few FF players in Anon I’ll like to take a crack at.

:D [quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1318447621' post='2823568']
WRC's this early? That's going to hurt the people having them. I had a 35mil WC last round and the WRC ate it alive within a few days.

Best of luck to all of those involved.

Oh yeah, where is LE?
[/quote]

Think there taking the round off :D

Good luck to both sides and have fun.

On a side note I play fantasy football, I am stuck with Cutler as my QB :(

Also, why does everyone worry about everyone else when they should handle their own business. We all know LE and what they represent it is hard to find a fair war at their level unless you are offering to fight them SoADarthCyfe6.

Edited by paul711

Pretty certain Syn would get whooped by 1/5th of LE. Badly.

And Paul, that's awful. Chicago is my local team. Cutler is brutal.

Therm, that'll teach you to be responsible!

On the WRCs...the guys who have them know how to use them from PS. They'll be fine. I'd be more concerned with keeping yourself out of their crosshairs.

Now, if it was me with the WRC, you'd have nothing to worry about. I'd bill lock myself by the end of the week.

Edited by Cellardoor