The Hunt

Voodoo Nova

OOC: Starting from where [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105498"]this[/url] left off.

The explosion rocked Belfast Hall. Guards ran in to see Aiken on the ground and chunks of black objects near him. One ran over to check his pulse. His supervisor called an ambulance and the Federal Police. The ambulance would be there in 5 minutes.

"He still has a pulse sir," said one of the guards.

His supervisor called the Federal Police, and an agent was dispatched to the scene. The ambulance arrived and paramedics came in with a stretcher. Paramedics laid the stretcher down next to Aiken. They lifted him on to the stretcher when he made a noise.

"I think he is trying to say something," said one of the paramedics.

"Th-th-the British Envoy,"

The agent arrived after hearing the explosion. He came in as the Secretary spoke his words. He took out a notebook and wrote down what he saw and what the Secretary said. The paramedics asked where the Envoy was. The agent then pointed over to several charred pieces of flesh around the room.

"That is what remains of the Envoy."

One of the paramedics brought a body bag from outside the room and carefully placed the pieces inside.

Price, upon hearing the explosion, was rushed to the helicopter outside Belfast Hall by several Federal Police agents. Price asked what was going on, and they explained the situation to the best of their ability to him. Price was in a state of near-shock. He ordered the military to shutdown the airspace and roads in and around Belfast. He also ordered the entire military to be in a war state of readiness. He ordered the Legislature to meet in a joint, emergency session immediately. He was going to talk to the entire nation.

The helicopter landed on the lawn of the Parliament Buildings in Belfast. The agents and Price got out and ran to the building. When Price entered, he saw a majority of the legislators headed the call and came to the emergency session. When the legislators noticed Price walking in, they stood up. He walked to the podium and motioned them to sit down. News networks across the nation were tuned in to the broadcast.

"Today we have been attacked. Our trust, betrayed. Our hallowed halls have been soiled with blood. Our own people, harmed. Today, the British sent an Envoy to Ireland. This Envoy managed to sneak an explosive device past customs, which detonated during a meeting with Secretary Aiken. Secretary Aiken is in the hospital, suffering burns to his hands, legs and torso. The Envoy was killed in the explosion. Martin O'Malley, an assistant to Secretary Aiken, also passed on from the explosion.

We do not know the reasons behind this attack. We do not know how the Envoy entered Belfast Hall with an explosive device. What we do know is justice should be served. The people of Ireland deserve no less.

An attack on our land should be met with the swiftest response. Those responsible must be put on trial. Our nation, the proud nation of Ireland, should not allow others to believe they can get away with attacking our nation. Tonight, I ask you to stand by your brothers. I ask you to defend Ireland. I ask you to authorize the invasion of Scotland and Wales. I ask that you allow us to go after the former government of Great Britain and allow them to be brought to justice.

Dia Bless Éirinn."

Price received a standing ovation. The vote to authorize the invasion passed unanimously.

**Classified**

The Irish military was preparing for an invasion. Price's orders were for 200,000 troops to invade Scotland and Wales to search for the former government of Great Britain, arriving within the next few hours. Rules of engagement were a strict fire only when fired on. Four squadrons of planes were scrambled and sent to both Scotland and Wales for air support, being sure to notify foreign bases in the region of their position. Naval support would be along the coasts, providing intelligence, supplies and other needs to the invading forces.

Germania was, of course, by now in alert.

After finding out of that terrorist action, they'd normally be most likely to invade the territories in question - Scotland and Wales.

...but they knew how it'd all go. Already taking care of fixing England was enough. Ireland's influence should be benefitial and conducive to stability in any case...

The forces are standing by in case that the !@#$ might just hit the fan, but don't do much. A single message is sent to Ireland, this time an actual message from the actual government. [i]"Godspeed."[/i]

The invasion group was classified in to two field armies. The 1[sup]st[/sup] is to hit Scotland along the coast, near Ayr. 2000 troops were airdropped near Glasgow to set up a temporary base of operations at Glasgow International Airport. Glasgow would be the capital of the new Scottish territory, and it would be the center for military communication operations in Scotland. The Scottish would be told in their native language and other minor languages it was a peacekeeping and search operation. Their goal would be to ensure the people of Scotland they will remain unharmed as they search for the former government, and will be considered under the protection of Ireland.

The 2[sup]nd[/sup] would invade Wales at Conwy County and the Isle of Anglesey. Ahead of the invasion, 1500 troops would be dropped near the city of Conwy. Due to the lack of an airport near the town, a makeshift airport would be created as a base for the air support in Wales. The same message in Scotland would be broadcasted across Wales. The people would be educated on what the operation is, the peacekeeping aspects of the operation, the protection status of Wales, among other important pieces of information.

Four squadrons of planes flew over the skies of Scotland and Wales. The airspace over both was considered closed by the Irish government. Planes unaffiliated with Ireland were ordered to land at the nearest airport. Naval ships lined the southwest coast of Scotland and the north/northeast coast of Wales. They would jam the former nation's military communications, alongside the air support. The squadrons would be on an air superiority mission, dedicated to ensuring they were the only planes in the sky until it was no longer necessary

A broadcast would be sent to Scottish and Welsh radio and television stations, from the Secretary of Defense.

"People of Scotland and Wales,

You know by now Ireland has authorized the peacekeeping and search mission in Scotland and Wales. This invasion will not affect the average family. We will not harm civilians. We will not be restricting the rights of the Scots and Welsh. We will be treating each of you as if you were citizens of Ireland. You will be protected. Your businesses and homes will remain untouched. Your local governments will remain unaltered and intact. I encourage any person to report any problems with soldiers to the local command center in either Glasgow or Conwy."

[color="#000000"][size="2"][b]Message to the Irish Government:[/b][/size][/color]

[i]Esteemed leader of Ireland[/i],

previous to your invasion of Scotland and Wales, the British government had announced a union between our two nations(Great Britain and the Kingdom of Liatháin). I have no knowledge if you were informed about such a action, but your nation has just invaded territory belonging to the Kingdom of Liatháin.

However, it is not in the interest of the Kingdom of Liatháin to obtain such land, especially so soon. Therefor I would like to propose a treaty, allowing you to officially establish control over Scotland and Wales. I await your response.

[b][i]Eochu Liatháin[/i][/b]
[b][i]High King of the Kingdom of Liatháin[/i][/b]

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1318367014' post='2823037']
[color="#000000"][size="2"][b]Message to the Irish Government:[/b][/size][/color]

[i]Esteemed leader of Ireland[/i],

previous to your invasion of Scotland and Wales, the British government had announced a union between our two nations(Great Britain and the Kingdom of Liatháin). I have no knowledge if you were informed about such a action, but your nation has just invaded territory belonging to the Kingdom of Liatháin.

However, it is not in the interest of the Kingdom of Liatháin to obtain such land, especially so soon. Therefor I would like to propose a treaty, allowing you to officially establish control over Scotland and Wales. I await your response.

[b][i]Eochu Liatháin[/i][/b]
[b][i]High King of the Kingdom of Liatháin[/i][/b]
[/quote]

**Classified Response**

The British government didn't announce a union, they announced they were forcing a merger upon your nation. Regardless, this invasion would have happened whether you were in control of the territory or not. Now as to the transfer of land, what is the document you have prepared?

Signed,
Jonathon Butler
Director
Department of Britain Island Affairs

Two hundred soldiers were airdropped in to the airport to secure it for future flights. The airdrop was met with resistance from the police forces of the city at the airport. No shots were fired, but the police remained with their weapons pointed at the soldiers. The soldiers pointed their weapons, but were told to not fire until fired upon. The captain informed the captain of police of their mission and their purpose there. He also asked for their assistance to ensure the people he swore to protect remained calm. The captain had to have the airport evacuated for security reasons, and he told the captain he did not have any plans to pursue anyone evacuating. The captain requested helicopters to the airport to help keep eyes on the runway.

Two hundred soldiers were also dropped in Conwy. They experienced less resistance due to the smaller population, but still saw police activity on the rise. The captain of the platoon talked to the sheriff of the town, and made sure citizens would stay away from the makeshift airport. Irish Land Force engineers were dropped in when the area was secured. They were building a runway, barracks and a command center, allowing more troops and supplies to enter Wales with ease. The soldiers set up a perimeter around the area and waited for orders.

Air missions had begun to locate possible hideouts for the former government. Satellites noticed convey movements heading out to the highlands of Scotland. Further intelligence was being gathered by a squadron tasked to Scotland.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

I believe this treaty would be quite acceptable by both parties:

[quote][center][size="4"][font="Arial Black"][u]Official Recognition Treaty[/u][/font][/size][/center]

[center]Both Irish and Liatháin governments hereby:

[i][b]1.[/b] Recognize the rightful claim of Scotland and Wales by the Republic of Ireland.

[b]2.[/b] Recognize the protection of Scotland Wales by the Republic of Ireland.

[b]3.[/b] Allow the permanent residence of Irish troops in Scotland and Wales.[/i]

Furthermore, the Kingdom of the Liatháin relinquishes its claims to the lands of Scotland and Wales.[/center]
[i][b]Eochu Liatháin
High King of the Kingdom of Liatháin[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Edited by Chancellor Patrick

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1318624077' post='2825090']
I believe this treaty would be quite acceptable by both parties:

[/quote]

**Reply**

This is an acceptable document, albeit the 3rd term is not needed as the first two cover it. Once that's removed, we'll be good to sign.

Very well:

[quote][center][size="4"][font="Arial Black"][u]Official Recognition Treaty[/u][/font][/size][/center]

[center]Both Irish and Liatháin governments hereby:

[i][b]1.[/b] Recognize the rightful claim of Scotland and Wales by the Republic of Ireland.

[b]2.[/b] Recognize the protection of Scotland Wales by the Republic of Ireland.

Furthermore, the Kingdom of the Liatháin relinquishes its claims to the lands of Scotland and Wales.[/center]

[b]Eochu Liatháin
High King of the Kingdom of Liatháin[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Edited by Chancellor Patrick

Secretary of Defense Hillary received word Scotland and Wales were in possession of Ireland now, via treaty and force. Troops were ordered back to base, except for 50,000 in each Scotland and Wales. Bases would be built in the country side, just outside Glasgow, Edinburgh, Conway and Cardiff.

The troops in Glasgow national airport evacuated the area, leaving the security forces confused as to what has happened here in the last few days. The airport near Conwy will remain in service, until fully functional airport could be built in its place. 150 corp. engineers and support will be based at this airport to oversee construction and to assist in construction.

The invasion was considered over, and a success, but the search still went on for the former government.

Aiken was still in the hospital, recovering from his injuries. He was able to sustain intellectual conversations, make small movements with his arms and move his head. His thigh and calf on his right leg were healing from the skin graft earlier in the week. Price visited Aiken in the hospital, mostly to see how he was doing, but also to take care of the Ministry.

"Are you able to continue being the Secretary?" asked Price.

"Well, I can talk, so I should be good to go."

"Good, I wasn't planning on replacing you."

Both men laughed for a second before Aiken started to cough. A nurse came in to check on him and give him water. Price stepped back for a second to let the nurse work. Aiken stopped coughing. Price walked over to him and they said their good-byes. Before stepping out of the room, James turned to his friend.

"Take care of yourself Frank."

Edited by Voodoo Nova