Doom

Triyun

Public:

"A bit more detail would help. What's this health risk? Did you inform the chain of countries or did you simply waltz in and pray that such countries' military forces don't mistake your military as a hostile invader? Or is it a poorly disguised land grab?"

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Angevins had their first.. "What is going on moment?" When the border was closed. A formal inquiry was lodged with Athens.

[quote]
To: Foreign Ministry of Athens

Subject: Border closures

Dear Delian League Comrades,

Why are our borders suddenly shut down? It's really killing trade and our people are reporting a greater and greater military presence that stops at our border.. but doesn't proceed past. Is something wrong?

Regards,
Joan
[/quote]

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1318454015' post='2823606']
Public:

"A bit more detail would help. What's this health risk? Did you inform the chain of countries or did you simply waltz in and pray that such countries' military forces don't mistake your military as a hostile invader? Or is it a poorly disguised land grab?"
[/quote]

"At this point we can not be more specific, we also wonder how you got the idea it's a landgrab, after all it is soldiers in our own territory."

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1318457124' post='2823628']
The Angevins had their first.. "What is going on moment?" When the border was closed. A formal inquiry was lodged with Athens.
[/quote]

[quote]From: Isabella Bastos, Magistrate of Health
To: Joan Clemenceau

As was stated in our public announcement we have reason to believe a serious health risk originating from northern and western Europe might find its way into the Athenian Federation. To guarantee the public health we have as such closed the borders pending a definitive investigation into the matter. The soldiers placed along the borders serve as a means to make sure the border is truly closed.[/quote]

[b]Forsvaret High Command,
Oslo, Norway[/b]

"Sir, we have received reports of Athenian ships off the coast." A staff officer said as he handed Feltmarskalk Bjarkøy a report. Skimming the report, Bjarkøy ordered costal missile batteries to be put on alert, but not to engage. They were far to scatterd along the coast to be of any meaningful use during full scale invasion. P-3 Orions and SH-60 helicopters were ordered to begin running anti-submarine patrols, inside Norwegian territorial waters. The Airforce was ordered to run patrols with P-41A "Peregrine" Fighters and AWACs. "Put all other military forces to DEFCON 3. I will inform the Statsminister and the King."

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

*Classified*
With the continued spread of the war in Asia, an emergency summit was called in the king's bunker beneath the Royal Palace in Riga. Naturally, King Alaric and several leading military officers were in attendance, as was the minister of defense and a couple of RIA representatives. The air in the conference room was tense, all eyes fixed upon the sole standing figure, the director of intelligence, Wilhelm Sommer, who was narrating a report from Asia.

"Contacts have confirmed the reports that the UFE has embarked on a campaign of aggression in Oceania." He gestured to Deputy Director Ludwig Lorenzen, stationed at the computer system, who brought up a projection on the large wall screen, depicting red icons of ships and aircraft across Sumatra, Australia, and the surrounding seas. Sommer continued, "Sumatra has effectively fallen, and elements of their government appear to be cooperating with the invaders. Australia is also under siege; Perth has already been taken, and the Federation appears intent on annexing all of it. Australia's capacity to resist is very limited, and we expect the whole continent to fall within the next few months." Sommer made a motion with his hand, and Lorenzen shifted the map over to Europe. "We can safely ignore that for now. Of more immediate concern are the actions of Athens and Dalmatia. According to our counterparts in German intelligence, and our own contacts in the German border regions, they've been up to something a little odd, too. Athenians have shifted their stance towards Germania, closing their borders and ports to them, and Dalmatia has greatly increased the garrison along the German border. Normally, I'd wave this off as an attempt to maintain control in the recently-anarchied Bohemia, but given their common ties to the UFE, this is cause for concern.
"It is my professional opinion that the !@#$'s about to hit the fan. Unfortunately, our German allies don't seem to think so. Considering that, if the Dalmatians and/or Athenians invade Germany, they'll be a lot more vulnerable, which means that we, by extension, will also be vulnerable. All that separates us from them is neutral Slavorussia or Prussia. We need to get the Althing off its ass, get them to wise up to the problem; failing that, we need to make a contingency plan."

Generalfeldmarschall Emelrich von Reval spoke up before the rest of the officers could say anything. "Meinen König, I know you have your reservations about overusing your influence, but this could be the start of another Great War. If we stand idly by, Kurland could become yet another province in the Continental Empire of Dalmatia. We need to reenact the draft, for starters, mine our waters, and lay out a long-term strategy."

Alaric rubbed his temples with his thumb and forefinger, pondering what Sommer and von Reval had said. With a sigh, he withdrew a paper from a folder lying on the table in front of him. He withdrew from it a piece of paper with the royal seal, which he signed with a flourish. "Gentlemen, Kurland is now in a state of emergency. Effective immediately, the draft is in effect, the reserve is activated, and the Diet is suspended." He looked over at Generaloberst Luitger Habach, Commandant Heinrich von Hessen, and Luftmarschall Eadgar Klein, the heads of the three branches of the military. "Gentlemen, I'm giving you a free hand in regards to defense. You will coordinate with one another, under Generalfeldmarschall von Reval's supervision. You will submit reports to me every three days, and update me personally on a biweekly basis. I'll send a wire to Germania, and see if we can't buy ourselves more time if the !@#$ hits the fan."

[quote]High Priority Encrypted Message
To: Germanic Government
Regarding: Recent Happenings

To my most esteemed counterpart in the Germanic Union,

It has been brought to my attention that Dalmatia and Athens have been making some troubling moves near your borders. It has also come to my attention that you have taken no actions in response to these movements. I am sure you have your reasons, but given the recent change in the global climate and Dalmatia's ties to the aggressive UFE, I'd implore you to reconsider; Dalmatia has never exactly been a warm and friendly state, and I worry for both the integrity of your borders and the safety of your people. Even if it is nothing, which I doubt, it is best to err on the side of caution, für Land und Leute.

If you choose not to heed my warning, that is your decision, but I'd like for you to allow me to send a military liaison to monitor the situation on the border, just in case.

Respectfully,
Alaric I von Ösel
King of Kurland[/quote]

A brief public statement about the state of emergency was made by the King, and then conscription into the Royal Kurlandic Militia began. It was suggested that the military conscript primarily national policeman, as they already had certain paramilitary training, but the idea was waved aside for the time being. Kurlanders, primarily men, were given notice by the Army, SEK, or Air Force recruitment corps, and had 48 hours to report to the nearest military base. The military dug into its weapons caches to equip the influx of new troops, but it proved to be well within their means. The old M1 Abrams that had been retired in favor of Leopard IVs were returned to service in the militia, as were the reserve armored vehicles and artillery pieces. Anticipating a future shortage, the Kurlandic military took control of all private weapons factories in addition to public, and increased production of armor and artie by 500%.

Active Kurlandic Army: 124,455
Kurlandic Militia: 171,750

The message was answered quite belatedly, after the ellections.

The composition of the New Folksthing was roughly as follows:

[i]Martencist Party: 13 Seats
Meritocratic Alliance: 12 Seats
Nordlandic Party: 8 Seats
Communist Party: 5 Seats
Democratic Alliance: 5 Seats
Stalinist Party: 2 Seats
Fascist Party: 2 Seats
Social Democratic Party: 2 Seats
Anarchists: 1 Seat[/i]

The New Triumvirate Lords were:

Karl Gustav von Falkenhausen for the Martencist Party
Arild Lange for the Meritocratic Alliance (Reelected)
Saskia van den Meer for the Nordlandic Party (Reelected)

Foch-Glassermann moved on to become High Althing Leader of Foreign Affairs after failing to be reelected as head of the Democratic Alliance.

In Dresden, one of the leaders of the Communist Party was found dead with an icepick stuck on his head. Both the Stalinists and the Fascists are current suspects.

van den Meer was the one to reply to Kurland,

"We see no reason to be concerned by Dalmatian Movements, they went out of their way to assist us last war and would not turn against us. Furthermore, I have personally a good dialog with them, due to my party and their government's ideological proximity. Attacking us would be ridiculous, we are in their debt and have let them know that we only await a chance to pay back the favor.

However,

We have recently seen Athenian movements and have sent some scout devices and a few submarines to research more. Their movements [i]do[/i] concern us greatly in that they seem to be preparing for...something...that we cannot fathom. That is what is unnerving. We are watching them closely, and are placing the Francogerman Brigade, proximal to Athens, in alert. We do not understand their actions at all, I daresay that they might not be trustworthy, although by the Ravens I hope to be mistaken.

We should keep in touch."

----------

Classified:

[code]From: AAMDN (Anti-Air/Missile Defense Network) committee
To: Department of Defense Director John

Analysis of Midwest Republic's defenses gave us unsatisfactory results.

With the exception of Lawrence Naval Air Base, much of Midwest Republic lacks any static anti-air/missile defenses. Our airforce and mobile anti-air/missile defenses, even if production ramped up, would be stretched too thin to cover all of the critical areas, especially if they've been deployed elsewhere to attack an enemy.

We recommend that at least Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Milwaukee, Madison, Aurora, Grand Rapids, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Warren, Sterling Heights, Evansville, Springfield, Peoria, Lansing, Ann Arbor, Elgin, Rochester, Green Bay, Flint, South Bend, and Kenosha receive anti-air/missile defenses. Airports surrounding the listed cities, Great Lakes' locks, major rail lines, and highway routes should also receive priority.

The defenses should take in account of highly stealth or massed attacks.[/code]

Edited by HHAYD

[quote]
To: Joan Clemenceau

As was stated in our public announcement we have reason to believe a serious health risk originating from northern and western Europe might find its way into the Athenian Federation. To guarantee the public health we have as such closed the borders pending a definitive investigation into the matter. The soldiers placed along the borders serve as a means to make sure the border is truly closed.
[/quote]

"Anything more specific that we can help with?"

Joan inquired.

[b]April 11th 2039
05:00 Hours Local[/b]

[quote]

[u][b]Classified Transmission[/b][/u]

[b]West African Military High Command Communique to West African Navy Admiralty[/b]

[color="#000000"]Classified Level 1[/color]

The West African Navy is to begin operations immediately with [i]Operation Drumbeat[/i] being mounted in the Atlantic Ocean. Three Snake Class Attack Submarines, CNS Cobra, CNS Black Mumba and CNS Copperhead are to deploy immediately to prearranged war stations and wait for further orders.

[/quote]

As this communique reached Douala Naval Base, Snake Class Attack Submarines, CNS Cobra, CNS Black Mumba and CNS Copperhead immediately set their separate courses and headed for their respective stations.

[quote]

[b]West African Military High Command Communique to West African Air Force[/b]

The West African Air Force is to immediately begin its first efforts in this conflict with [i]Operation Longbow[/i]:

[u]Standing Orders[/u]

To mount aggressive patrols within a thousand mile arc of the coastline. The aircraft who will undertake the patrols will be fully armed.
The aircraft patrolling will have orders to shoot down any aircraft that fails to answer if it is hailed emergency frequency of 121.5 megahertz.

[u]First Aircraft Deployments:[/u]

Thirty Six F-2 MCA (Multi Role Commercial Africa) Multi-role Fighters armed with AIM-120 Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missiles on rotating twenty four hour patrols over the Gulf of Guinea within two hundred and fifty miles off the coast.

Eight E-3B Sentry Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) Aircraft on stations off the Ghana Coast and south of Sao Tome and Principe to monitor the approaches to the territory, backed by twenty four F/A-66 "Phoenix" Lightweight Multi-role Fighters armed with AIM-120 Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missiles plus six KC-135R "Stratotanker" Air to Air Tanker Aircraft on rotating twenty four hour patrols.

If an incoming attack is detected, more reinforcements would be scrambled immediately.
[/quote]

Within a few hours of the order, the aircraft assigned to the patrols were in the air and on their assigned stations. These patrols would protect the approaches to West African airspace.

Edited by Curristan

“With a more than three quarters vote, the Midwest Republic Legislature had approved emergency funding for the country’s military, and the nation has been placed on a war footing. This move has been met with anger by many across the Republic, and large protests have been held. Still, President Natas has stayed true to his word, and warns the actions of the United Federation of the East will lead to world war…” The television went blank as Thomas turned off the MediaCorp report and turned back to the table behind him. Circling the table were his closest advisors. It was late, but the moon shone brightly through the window over Washington, D.C.

“So, what do we make of this?” Dr. Henry Solo spoke up first.

“The dynamics are quite obvious. Whether or not it does involve them, the Midwest Republic is irrational enough and stubborn enough to make it involve them. They will eventually speak out enough against the Chinese that they must be silenced, or will work to take active measures against the Chinese. At which point, they must obviously be stopped. In either scenario, it is highly probable that the Chinese will call upon us as their allies to handle the nuisance.” Thomas nodded and turned to his intelligence expert.

“Dr. Church, what do their forces look like?”

“Substantially larger than ours, I’m afraid. They can theoretically pull close to a million soldiers for a standing army at any time, and another two to two point five million conscripts. Quite frankly, sir, their forces outnumber ours approximately two to one.”

“So any war with them would be from a defensive angle?”

“Not necessarily. While they have the manpower, and the technology, to best us, the nation is plagued by mismanagement. This is a pandemic, from President Natas to the person who cleans the floors at the local fast food place. Generations and years of corruption and unfulfilled potential. If they were actually a well-organized, competent government and military, we’d need to be worried. Based on their potential numbers and technology, we should be cautious, but we certainly should not shy away from them.”

“I would caution, Emperor, the use of any direct action against the Midwest Republic or President Natas’ government,” said Dr. Solo, piping up again. “Such action could serve to unite the nation against us. Currently, their division is their primary weakness.”

“Agreed, Henry. Charles, what can we do to increase this division?” Thomas turned to look at Charles Roa, CEO of MediaCorp.

“I would say an all-out blitz highlighting our differences. Angles focusing on economic success of corporations, personal economic success, and a coherent, functioning government working towards the common good of the people. And continue to paint Natas as overreacting and as a potential aggressor in this situation, feeding into the instability, possibly bringing war to the North American continent.”

“What do the economic numbers look like?” Charles glanced down for a moment, looking up the answer to the Emperor’s question, before leaning back in his chair and smiling.

“Mostly good news across the board. Bank profits are up, auto makers are seeing an uptick in sales, anywhere from nine to twenty seven percent higher than a year ago. We can ask the defense companies to hold their numbers for a week, let this war get started. If it does, their numbers will skyrocket. Personal income is up across the board, median household income improved $3,000 over a year ago.”

“Excellent, I want all those angles highlighted, and pounded constantly. Full court press on this. Especially the car and bank angles. Detroit used to be the center of the auto world, it’ll have to eat at their citizens how well our companies are doing while their government and economic system is in disarray.” Thomas turned to the other side of the table, where his military advisors were sitting. “In terms of preparedness, what are we looking at?” General Ryder looked up first.

“The Operation Legacy and Operation Cigar campaigns gave us a good indication of where our military preparedness stands, even if we never had to fire a shot. We deployed quickly, efficiently, and forced the removal of an army that had a head start on us. In the Western Protectorate, we have the 4th Army, plus another 360,000 National Guard soldiers. In Ohio, there’s the 7th and 60,000 National Guardsmen. The Canadian Protectorates each have their own National Guard units. Cuba has 20,000 men from the 8th, 10,000 Marines from the 5th Division, and their National Guard unit. In the Empire Proper, we have 310,000 soldiers, 20,000 Marines, and 924,565 National Guard soldiers. The moment you give the word, they’ll be ready.”

“Excellent. Let’s get this moving people.” Before anyone could rise, an aide rushed into the room.

“My Lord, Imperial Military Base Canada Pacific is reporting Chinese aircraft heading for Noveria.” There was silence for a moment before Commandant Alice Atkinson-Asgeirsson, the Emperor’s sister and head of the Empire’s air assets, turned to her brother.

“Did you know about this?” Thomas looked at her for a moment before nodding slowly.

“Indeed I did, sister.” He turned to his head of naval operations, High Admiral Bruce Chegwidden. “Move the 3rd Fleet from IMB: CP towards Hawaii. Inform the soldiers and Marines there to hunker down and inform the Chinese that the base is open for staging and refueling of their ships and planes. Only move the 3rd back if the Chinese choose to accept our offer.”

“It will be done, my Lord.” Thomas looked over at Alice one more time before standing.

“Dismissed.”
=======================================================

MWN Broadcast later that night…

“As the world moves closer to war, the Imperial economy is only showing signs of improvement. Stocks soared for defense companies today during trading as investors poured money into them, expecting a huge uptick in sales given the current environment. Auto makers released their quarterly sales numbers today, and it’s safe to say that the auto industry has moved from Detroit to Pittsburgh officially. Sales of Imperial Ford are up seven percent over a year ago, Imperial Chevrolet is up 15 percent, and Imperial Chrysler is up an astounding 27 percent over a year ago. Personal income numbers were also released today, showing the average household saw a three thousand dollar increase year to year. And finally, despite the tight new regulations passed by the Imperial Legislature, banks in the Empire continue to garner large profits. The protests from banks when the laws were passed are nearly gone, and proponents of the law says it has made the Imperial Banking System on of the safest in the world for investors.”

“Meanwhile, in other news, Emperor Atkinson-Asgeirsson is expected to address a joint session of the Imperial Legislature tomorrow night in a prime time address…”

========================================================

***CLASSIFIED***

The nation was put on DEFCON 3 footing. All leave was cancelled and all National Guard soldiers were mobilized. All fleets were put to sea, and CAPs began over every major city. The Winter Contingency and Spring Contingency were both put into effect.

A encoded message was sent to the Chinese letting them know about the offer of services at IMB: CP and air strips in the Empire proper if they needed to fly over.

Classified

[quote]
To: Pravus Ingruo

The recent attack by UFE on Noveria is quite alarming. I have one question.

Is your Dobbs Doctrine still in effect? Or, has it been shoved into a paper shredder?[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three days later, after the MRN got hold of MWN's broadcast and blew it out of proportion to increase viewership:

[quote]Midwest Republic News:

Additional and even larger protests have broken out throughout the country, this time criticizing the government's efficiency of preventing suicidal companies from bringing down the economy. Anti-military expansion protests appeared to be drowned out by the anti-government protests. President Natas has announced he will step down at midnight.

Vice President Cornwell, a former general, will take presidency as soon as Natas steps down. Lately he was criticizing Natas' recent military expansion plans and insisted it should've been significantly smaller. He had also criticized Natas' excessive meddling in foreign politics and failure of forcing the reputation-tarnished SERC (Security and Exchange Regulation Commission) to take a more aggressive role.[/quote]

Edited by HHAYD

Joan was troubled. The way Athens was behaving was unusual. She went to the King with her concerns.

Geoffrey shook his head. "I don't get it. Our relations with Athens has been close. What health threat could they be talking of? The CDC has no reports of any major contagion. Whatever the reason.. move some of our defense forces to the south east. Have them offer to help the Athenians if they wish it, if not, simply have them keep watch. They are instructed to impede no border traffic that wishes to come from or go to Athens, let the Athenians do that if they so wish, but we won't."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

*** Classified ***

The battleship in the Mediterranean was deemed too high a risk to leave them to their own devices. Should they prove to be a foe in any ensuing conflict lives could be lost to said ship, this was not an option. Another order was sent to the two Astutes currently tailing it silent running.

[font="Courier New"]...TARGET DEEMED HIGH RISK...AUTHORIZATION GRANTED...PROCEED WITH FORCE...[/font]

With that, the fate of the HMS Sochima was sealed. Each submarine fired off two torpedos at the battleship and then returned to silent running back to their original patrol course around the Mediterranean,

On the [i]HMS Sochima[/i], nothing was out of the ordinary. Regular patrols were ordered and maintained, and the men on board didn't think of a possible attack.

Then the first torpedo hit. It struck the starboard hull, causing a massive leak. The mechanics attempted to fix the leak, but to no avail. A second torpedo hit again, mere feet from the first. This struck an engine, causing an explosion akin to a high-yield bomb. What was left of the survivors attempted to escape onto the life rafts, but what awaited them in the Med was anyone's guess, for all they knew, the hunters were waiting, ready to strike again and eliminate the Commonwealth's navy completely.

[size="7"][b]Official Public Statement from the United Republic of Akdeniz[/b][/size]

"Today, at approximately 0832, a frigate from the United Republic Navy approached a ship in the Mediterranean to make sure they were informed that our waters were closed to all non-allied traffic.

The battleship in question then opened fire on the frigate. Luckily no hits were landed on the vessel. In response to the unprovoked attack, two Astute class submarines which had been following the battleship fired a spread of torpedos sinking the enemy vessel.

I can confirm that this ship was none other than the HMS Sochima, the sole warship of the Commonwealth of Africa. As a result of this truly foolish attack we are left with no choice but to declare war on the Commonwealth of Africa. May your gods have mercy on your souls."

Juan Carlos, Arch-chancellor of the United Republic of Akdeniz

*** Classified ***

In the Mediterranean, efforts were underway to rescue all survivors and detain them as prisoners of war. The First, Second and Third Fleets were being prepared to leave with an amphibious assault task force, approximately 40,000 men per fleet with adequate armoured vehicles as well. This included the recently launched Nimitz Class Aircraft Carriers and the new F-35Cs to match their CATOBAR. They would be ready to leave within the day. The Army were fully prepared and ready for anything.

The United Military was moved to DEFCON 1 for the first time in it's history. Missile defences, including THELs and SAMs, would be on 24-7. The Air Force would have a continuous presence in the air all across Akdeniz with both F-23 fighters and E-767 AWACS. B-1 and B-2 Bombers were being prepared for bombing runs to assist the initial assault on the Commonwealth having support from E-2D Advanced Hawkeye AWACS.

Missile strikes would be underway very shortly. The Navies Ohio class submarines now rearmed with conventional weapons would launch both kinetic and thermobaric weapons at military infrastructure across the Commonwealth in attempt to cripple them before they had a chance to blink. Two submarines would fire off their payloads now, the rest would wait and launch strikes to coincide with the assault. 48 missiles were launched at the most vital of targets such as radar stations and missile defence stations. Each missile carried 12 warheads which would detach from the MIRV in the atmosphere before reentering and attacking their targets.

The war had arrived in Africa.

Classified, Department of Defense:

"Pravus Ingruo is allied to UFE and has been their personal lap dog for a while. It would be delusional to assume PI would uphold their now-dead Dobbs Doctrine and not go after us." Director John noted.

"We should be prepared for war. I think we should play a little game of trickery with PI just in case." President Cornwell replied.

"That's unexpected, I thought you were against it."

"No, I was riding on the public's opinion. Politics, you gotta bend the truth when necessary."

"Anyways, they know that we have a rather large air and naval base in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. However, they control the St. Lawrence River."

"I would advise focusing much of our manpower onto the northern part of Ohio, Pennsylvania, New york, New Hampshire and Maine. We need that river so we can use our naval air base." George Hiwer, Defense Adviser.

"No, we should trick PI into thinking that we are going to capture St. Lawrence River first as they may already be expecting it. Meanwhile, our main forces capture southern Ohio. It then splits up, a smaller portion swings north and captures the St. Lawrence River. The rest of the forces attack West Virgina, and then march onto Washington D.C." President Cornwell replied.

"They have some defenses in the Appalachian Mountains. I'm not sure if marching over the mountains would be a great idea." Director John commented

"So we'll go through the unexpected routes. Instead of taking the highways or easy valley paths, we march over the most rugged and forested mountains and cut down the trees that are in our way. Our armored vehicles are designed to operate on very rough terrain, and I'm fairly sure our large amount of combat engineers can rig up some of our vehicles with massive chain saws." Cornwell leaned forward in his chair.

"And how are we going to deceive them?" John asked.

"Here's the plan..." Hiwer replied.

[i]-discussion continues-[/i]

[quote]To: Midwest Republic Government

The Dobbs Doctrine is not a document that covers attacks on American soil. Former President Dobbs held the ideal that America should be for Americans, and would defend any American nation from attack by a foreign power. However, this ideal is certainly not achievable in the current global, interconnected world that we live in. The Dobbs Doctrine is still alive and well, but it is not whatever mutation of it that you think it is.[/quote]

===========================================================================================================

Thomas Atkinson-Asgerisson took a deep breath. This was quite possibly the biggest speech of his political career. He adjusted his burnt orange tie and straightened his grey, three piece suit. As he slowly exhaled, he heard a voice behind him.

"Passion. Poise. Eloquence." It was Dr. Henry Solo's voice. "Remember those three things and you'll be fine." Thomas nodded and then nodded to the guard at the door of the Legislative Chambers.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Emperor of Pravus Ingruo!" The [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTli55OVtP4&feature=related"]Emperor's March[/url] began to play as Thomas put on a smile and walked into the Chambers. As he shook hands with the Legislators lining the aisle, he was nearly blinded by the the flashes of pictures being taken. Still, he continued walking, shaking hands, finally making his way to the podium as the music ended triumphantly.

[i]Passion. Poise. Eloquence.[/i] Thomas looked down at his papers, swallowed, and then began.

"Ladies and gentlemen, honored guests, and those of you watching around the world... good evening. I am sorry that I do not come before this Chamber under happier circumstances. Instead, it is the prospect of total and devastating war that brings me here. At this time, forces from the United Federation of the East have attacked Noveria. I have been asked multiple times in the past few days what this country would do. I've had our policies and doctrines misquoted at me, twisted for the user's gain. I've had legitimate concern and fear heaped upon me. People are wondering where we go from here, what we do from here, and if there is a way back from this cliff that the world seems inevitably hurtling towards."

"I do not have those answers for you. What I do have an answer to is what we will do. This is not the age of Tom Dobbs. This is not the age of Michael Harland. America for Americans no longer applies to this globalized, interconnected world that we live in. Their policies are not my policies, their beliefs are not my beliefs. I have my own sets of policies and beliefs and that is how I intend to lead this country forward. I ask you this, what has any country on this continent done for us?" Thomas paused and looked around. "If it took you more than a few seconds to come up with a reason then they do not deserve our help."

"America for Americans is dead. We will stand with our allies of the United Federation of the East, of the Athenian Federation, of Austria-Hungary. We shall stand with them because that is what we pledged to do. What did pledge to these other American nations? Not one damn thing."

"Any attack on the United Federation of the East will be considered an attack on the Empire herself and be treated as such. We will respond with every weapon at our disposal to make sure you never use yours again."

"And to any American nation who thinks they can antagonize us or our allies by stirring a pot you would do well to stay out of, I say this: you have an opportunity to rebuild your economy, to rebuild your government, and to rebuild your nation into what it once was. A war would do you no good right now. Remain out of this conflict, militarily, politically, and diplomatically, and we will not only help you restructure your government, regulate your banks, and rebuild your economy, but we also pledge to refund the money stolen from your citizens by corrupt banks in your nation. Every. Single. Penny. But should you attack us or our allies, and I guarantee that you will not even have an economy to rebuild."

"Thank you, and goodnight. The Empire Prevails."

"Always," came the rousing unison response from the assembled guests, who then broke out into applause as the Emperor left the podium.

================================================================================================================

***CLASSIFIED***

Defenses along the NY-PA-OH border that had been active when Ohio had been the "United States of America" were once again activated. At the time, the border was the most heavily guarded in the world. These defenses would make advancing through the protectorate state and into the Empire proper very difficult. Hidden stationary thermal-seeking sentry guns, land mines, and booby traps were all activated. In Ohio itself, the National Guard and army soldiers there began fortifying positions in cities, mining important bridges should they need to be detonated, and marking out fire zones.

Similar preparations were taking place on the Midwest Republic-Western Protectorate border as well.

For days, the Imperial transport columns headed towards the German Border. It was during those times that Imperial Forces organized and prepared themselves for combat. Three massive Army Groups were assembled, with one being positioned to the South of Germany, while the other two were assembled on it's Eastern Borders. The utmost secrecy was used during these deployments. The forces being assembled were told they were participating in large scale exercises. In addition, men were forbidden from communicating with any of their immediate family members. This type of secrecy even applied to the various field commanders. When the official reason for the deployment was revealed, it was far too late then. No one had a moment to think and contemplate on the current situation. For it was too late then, the war for control of Central Europe had begun. [b]The Invasion of Germany had begun.[/b]

[b]Air War[/b]

Before the ground and artillery attacks had begun, the Imperial Airforce was launched into the skies. For this operation, The Supreme Commander of the Imperial Air Force ordered the entire force into the skies to combat Dalmatia's western neighbor. Such an attack was unprecedented in the history of the nation's air offensive operations. However, Chief of Air Operations High Marshal Soontir Fel felt the need to knock out the German air offense and defense structure in one spectacular blow. Leading the charge was the nation's GLI-122 Blitz Bombers. One squadron was dedicated to knocking out Germany's communications network, using conventional means. The conventional means was, of course, air launched cruise missiles equipped with High-power microwave(HPM)/ E-Bomb warheads. In order to avoid being targeted or even attacked by German defensive networks, the bombers flew in specifically designated air zones in Dalmatia airspace, under the cover of the nation's own defensive networks. As the targets were designated (twelve in all), the missiles were launched to specific air detonation points across the German state. The air detonations would cause untold havoc across the enemies communication grids. Unlike conventional EMP attacks that disable non-shielded electronic devices including practically any modern electronic device within the effective range of the weapon, the High Power Microwave/E Bomb has the capability to penetrate not only radio front-ends, but also the most minute shielding penetrations throughout the equipment. The HPM generates a very short, intense energy pulse producing a transient surge of thousands of volts that kills semiconductor devices.

With the launch of the High-power microwave(HPM)/ E-Bomb warheads, the German communications network would be in disarray. However, the air assault wasn't completed. The second stage of the suppression operation commenced. Despite the fact that the High-power microwave(HPM)/ E-Bomb could have put the enemies RADAR network out of service, the attacks still moved forward. The rest of the nineteen GLI-122 Blitz bombers, loaded with three Valhalla Air-Launched Air Defense Suppression Missiles, began to release death on the enemies RADAR sites. [b]684[/b] missiles, using their ducted rocket-ramjet with throttle control and 3D TVC, glided forward at a speed of Mach 4.6. Despite the fact that some RADAR networks were probably down from the previous HMP attack, the RADAR sites still leaked small amounts of electronic transmissions. Using advanced passive radar-homing seeker with additional home-on-jam capabilities against ground-based radar jammers, the missiles would glide and utterly wipe out the German RADAR sites. If the missile was unable to detect a RADAR site, the missile would switch to GPS mode and hit the next best thing which would be vehicles and SAM launchers themselves.

The GLI-122 Bombers had completed their missions and turned around to return to base. There, they would refuel and rearm for the next mission, which would be soon going by the current state of affairs. The last bombers left in the skies were [b]ten[/b] squadrons of the massive GLI-133 Ank'ríat Super Heavy Bombers. Having six external hard points for 59,000 lb (27,000 kg) of ordnance and 5 internal bomb bays for 75,000 lb (34,000 kg) of ordnance, these bombers were prepared to wipe out targets in a matter of minutes. Using their spacious loading zones, the bombers were loaded with at least [b]ten[/b] "Aurora" hypersonic cruise missiles apiece. After being unleashed into the wild blue skies, the engines screamed to life and began to push the missiles towards Germany. Soon, the missiles had hit their maximum speed of Mach 5.5 and were destined towards important German roads, fuel depots, bridges and other points of strategic interest. This would be the last air attack as the bombers returned home, ready to refuel for the next mission.

[b]Space: The Final Frontier[/b]

[i]"Orbital Analysis complete. We are detecting enemy space assets."[/i]

[i]Alert all commands. Prepare for launch"

[i]Now launching[/i]

From six silos located deep in the Empire, six V-2012-D Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles launched into space. However, it's goal was to not reign nuclear destruction on an enemy territory. It's goal was to destroy Germany's satellite capabilities. After the missiles went through the normal phases, the only thing left were warheads equipped with 8x 'Blue Rod' SIM-666 Anti-Satellite Kinetic Kill Vehicles. After being unleashed, the Kinetic Kill Vehicles streamed towards the German satellites smashing through them with pure kinetic energy. The goal was to either disable or destroy the satellites.

[b]The Ground War Begins[/b]

As the air attacks ceased to be, the Germans would perhaps think that the worse was done and over with. However, that was far from the truth. Just as the last hypersonic cruise missile was launched from it's aerial platform, the first artillery strikes began to erupt on the entire border. The Empire had assembled an incredible array of fire power at the border, which included the 155mm Panzerwerfer M-2000 MLRS, SdKfz 124 Self Propelled Howitzer, and the G17 Self-Propelled 254mm Mortar. The 155mm Panzerwerfer MLRS systems launched a combination of cluster munitions and heavy saturation rockets in order to blast a hole through any defenses. The SdKfz 124 Self Propelled Howitzer and G17 Self-Propelled 254mm Mortar focused on specific targets, using a combination of DPICM and SADARM Rounds. The DPICM or The Extended Range Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munition is the long range dispenser artillery round of the Army, able to carry up to seventy-two small anti-armor/personnel grenade sub munitions. The round is capable of successfully engaging unarmored vehicles, soft skinned vehicles and personnel, at extremely long ranges. The round is designed with GPS and inertial guidance, and the burst radius has been reduced to ten meters.

The SADARM or Sense and Destroy Armor Munition is an extended program to the M898 munition of the Imperial Army. The round carries a host of anti-armor sub munitions that release themselves on top of enemy light armored vehicles, penetrating the top armour. How it works is that the round uses a parachute like device to slowly fall over the target and at a certain height, dictated by a range of sensors, the round divides into two sub munition penetrators that use their own sensors to search and destroy for enemy vehicles. Of course, the artillery was using shoot and scoot tactics in order to avoid anti-artillery fire.

Before the Imperial offensive could move forward, various vehicles launched mine-clearing line charges which can clear a 220m long path. This action was only taken in case the enemy had deployed a sufficient amount of mines on the border. With the opening artillery barrage over, Dalmatian forces began to move forward. Army Group South would advance from the Southern German Border to the Baltic Sea. The aim was to cut Germany in two. Meanwhile, Army Group A, situated on the Eastern German/Dalmatian border would cross simultaneously, to meet up with Army Group South to complete the cut off operation. Army Group B would advance from the former state of Bohemia and would advance westwards to the western German borders.

Imperial soldiers were instructed to advance with speed and precision. Supported by artillery and air power the Imperial ground offensive would move forward at full speed.

[quote]From: Imperial Command
To: All Hellenic forces

Operation Party Rock and Operation Daredevil are a go, proceed with plan.[/quote]

[b]Operation Party Rock
April 8, 2039[/b]

As soon as the message was received the fleet would show their final intent, in a standard formation to guarantee both security of the fleet but also to maintain proper distance it would hold course about 400 km west of the Norwegian coast. The first force to be put in the air were the 48 F-1s Quantum on the HNS, joined by the full F-99 force consisting of 96 fighters. Approaching the Norwegian coast they would immediately target the P-3s and SH-60 the fleet had been following for a couple of hours. At about 80 km distance, still well beyond the detection abilities of the defending force Each P-3 would receive two missiles while the SH-60s would only receive a single missile each. The Metor-2 was one of the most recent air to air missiles used by the Hellenic Air Force. Based on the original design the missiles would advance to a speed of Mach 5 using ramjet technology, the missiles were armed with a blast fragmentation warhead based on newer materials to increase the explosive effect. The missile after being fired would be in a constant link with the ISIS network to track the movements of its targets constantly. Whatever had the bad luck of being targeted would feel serious pain. Throughout this first phase information and instructions provided from U-2As, U-2Bs and U-2Cs the combination of the three systems with the fighter’s own systems and satellite intelligence provided the aircraft with an excellent view of the air while the U-2Cs also took over most functions of normal AWACS systems.

At the same time as the ships in Norwegian waters were targeted the coast would be terrorized by the fighter force. Using a combination of DEWs and concentrated radar power the force targeted the defending P-41A fighters, these weapons would seek to disrupt and probably even fry the fighter’s systems. Immediately after the electronic attacks 2 Metor-2s would be fired against the fighters. It was hoped this would take down a significant portion of the Norwegian air force and also undermine its anti-naval capabilities.

At the same time as the air campaign started another part of the operation would begin. From HFB Grand Bahama three B-10 squadrons moved northeast, once in position they advanced to their top speed in the higher atmosphere before descending and lowering speed. Once within range the bombers acquired their targets. A total of 576 M-52ER hypersonic cruise missiles were launched from the bombers alone, another 424 M-52ERs would be launched from the battleships. Their primary targets were airbases throughout Norway, second other military bases and finally factories involved in the war industry. Civilian loss was to be minimized so for now the capital and other major cities were mostly left alone. Missiles were armed with a combination of cluster, thermobaric and general explosive warheads. It was hoped the missile strike could ground Norwegian aircraft until complete air superiority had been established over Norway.

[b]Operation Daredevil
April 8, 2039[/b]

Kurland was significantly harder to target. The non-aggression clause in the German treaty was still very much in effect so they couldn’t go through them to reach Kurland, at least not with a force like the one used against Norway. For this specific operation the B-11 would see its first use in the Hellenic Air Force. Two B-11 squadrons went into the air from Milan and would go through Dalmatian territory to reach a distance where it could use the M-52ERs it carried. As this attack happened well after the opening of hostilities by Dalmatia they would use the blacked out parts in the German network. Once within range a total of 384 missiles were fired. For Kurland the target priority was entirely different. Using satellite feeds Imperial Command had determined several locations that were most likely to hold a significant force of soldiers and major logistical centers. 350 of the missiles would go for these targets to cripple the Kurlandic ability to aid Germany against Dalmatia and to prevent it from deploying in general. The remaining 34 missiles had HPM and E-bomb warheads. Divided across Kurlandic territory the weapons that survived would fry pretty much all unprotected electronics. While this would probably have a minimal effect against military equipment it would most likely take down such systems as air traffic control and unprotected military systems. It was also hoped this would create significant unrest in the populations that would hopefully lead to riots.

[b]North America[/b]

The bases in San Bias and Grand Bahama were in secret informed of a to be deployed force to the continent, in addition Pravus Ingruo and the United Federation of the East were informed that a significant force was to be deployed to North America to aid both of them in the front in line with the treaties.

PI would notice a slight increase in the amount of shipping traffic between the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River. Many of the extra ships docked at the Lawrence Naval Air Base and offloaded what appears to be vehicles, large amount of other crates that appear to contain ammunition and other supplies, and tanks that appear to contain fuel and other liquids. Infantry were also offloaded. It was quite obvious when massive make-shift aluminum sheds began popping up left and right on formerly empty pavement.

The MRN corvette [i]Lafayette[/i] left the base's port and was sailing south with its mine-detecting sonar operating at full power, in international waters and at least 30 miles away from PI's territorial waters. Once it reached Florida, it would turn around and sail back north. The second MRN corvette, [i]Monticello[/i], would repeat [i]Lafayette[/i]'s actions once it arrived back in the base's port.

Among the northern Ohio-Indiana border, large amount of what appears to be vehicles were stationed and several buildings were rapidly built with pre-fab materials. Other buildings were tents.

-------------------------------
Meanwhile, in the Department of Defense:

"What? We aren't launching a direct invasion of Washington D.C. and instead capture the St. Lawrence River?" General Brook asked.

"PI has defenses in their mountains. Our vehicles will take large damages while trying to advance." General Frank replied.

"Surely they don't have that many defenses over the most rugged area." President Cornwell noted.

"Yeah, and they can rig some explosives in the trees so they would ignite as soon as we try and knock the trees down. That's a bad day for our chainsaw vehicles." General Equir snorted.

"Invasion through the St. Lawrence River I suppose?" Defense Adviser Hiwer asked.

"I'm going to have to agree with General Brook and Frank here. We need to maintain an open link to our St. Lawrence Gulf's base. I'm fairly sure they have a larger priority on defending the routes to Washington D.C. than to the river." Director John took a sip of his coffee.

Edited by HHAYD

[i]When the war started,[/i]

Lange was busy in England signing the Reunion Agreement, which reunified England after the secessionists failed miserably and lost public support. His counterpart, Chancellor Gumby of England signed it as well, and it seemed as if things were about to work out.

Then, he was notified that Norway and Kurland had been attacked by the Athenians, and that Germania Itself had been attacked by Dalmatia.

Needless to say, the party crashed to an abrupt halt and as per the Fall Helsing Protocol, he'd be on Iceland in no time. His teeth seemed to grind as if he had bruxism.

About that time, van den Meer had been sleeping. For a while she thought that it was only a vivid dream, that it could not possibly be truth, that it had to be some sort of terrorist attack. It was not until the saw the images of the destruction that she realized what the reality of the situation was. She would remain in Scandinavia...as planned. [i]"Verröter"[/i] - she uttered.

von Falkenhausen was not surprised, being as cynic as he was, when he was on his way to the Chinese Embassy he had to turn back to the Main Bunker in Berlin, while the people of the city still hadn't figured out what was going on. All hell was about to break loose. But he was somehow as calm as a graveyard. Graveyards...they were the world's near future... by the time he arrived to the Central Command, he'd find a grimacing Feldmarschall Tambarskjelve that had already sent the orders to strike back, as the Fall Helsing Protocol demanded. He said, "Well it does seem that they are trying to murder us. They are going in for the kill." - von Falkenhausen nodded.

The Doomsday Clock read five minutes to midnight. In these five minutes, war still had not truly broken out. The missiles and the projectiles of both sides, Dalmatian and Germanian, were still on the air, in some cases passing impossibly close to one another while heading to their targets. In those five minutes, people would scramble for cover in a panic. And after those five minutes had passed, no country would ever be the same again. von Falkenhausen sat in the bunker smoking, waiting patiently for the explosions to rock the continent.

OOC: From this moment onwards I'm making a separate thread to cover the dalmatian-germanian front, and I'll include the military reply I should have technically included here on it.

The Athenian attack had decimated the Norwegian militaries capability to effectively counter the Athenian attack. 64 fighters and 12 ground attack aircraft had been lost in the missile strikes, and most of the airfields rendered useless. The Army had fared batter then the airforce, loosing 112 main battle tanks and some 198 other armoured vehicles and artillery pices. 632 men died in the initial strikes with another 734 seriously wounded. The Navy's anti-submarine aircraft fleet had been completely destoryed. Orders were sent out to the Norwegian military in preperation for the Athenian invasion.

[code]///CLASSIFIED///
/**HIGH PRIORITY TRAFFIC TO ALL FORCES**/

//ALL FORCES are now at DEFCON 1, open hostilities with Athenian Federation.
//ALL HOME GUARD personel are to report to your local HOME GUARD DEPOT to reciveweapons and equipment.
//ALL HÆREN personel on leave are to report to your uints base IMMEDIATLY to recive weapons and equipment.
//OSLO REGIMENT [RESERVE] is to assist with the evacuation of civilians from the city.
//ROYAL GUARDS are to report to the Royal Palace IMMEDIATLY to recive weapons and equipment.
//ROYAL GUARDS are to assist in the EVACUATION of the ROYAL FAMILY and the GOVERNMENT from Norway.
//ALL AIR DEFENCE UNITS are to immediatly prepare to engage hostile aircraft.
//401 BATTALION, TELEMARK REGIMENT is recalled from SVALBARD.[/code]

[code]///CLASSIFIED///
/**HIGH PRIORITY TRAFFIC TO HOME GUARD FORCES**/
//ROGALAND, HORDALAND, FJORDANE, ROMSDAL, NORDLAND and TROMS HOME GUARD UNITS are to prepare to defend agianst invasion by ground forces.
//ABOVE REGIMENTS are to prepare earthwork fortifications.
//ALL OTHER HIME GUARD UNITS are to prepare to move east to counter any enemy beachheads.[/code]

[code]///CLASSIFIED///
/**TO HÆREN LOGISTICS CORPS**/
//HIGH COMMAND has ordered a massive draft.
//EVERY able-bodied man is to be enlisted.
//FORCES to be assigned unsing the "PALS BATTALION SYSTEM".
//ORGANISE formation of and equipment for 200,000 men IMMEDIATLY.[/code]

A message was also sent to Kurland

[quote][b]ENCRYPTED MESSAGE TO KURLAND[/b]
[b]TO:[/b] Aleric I, King of Kurland
[b]FROM:[/b] Haakon VIII, King of Norway
[b]SUBJECT:[/b] War

Aleric,

Hours ago, Norway was suddenly attacked by the Athenian Federation. We are writing to you, not to requet the activivation of our Mutual Defence Pact for Kurland too has been attack, but to request sancutrary for my nations Government, in the hope, that even if Norway is occupied, we can continue fighting for the liberation of our homeland and the defeat of our enemies. I myself, have chosen to remain in Norway, n the hopes that my peoples moral and faith in victory will not faulter in the face of overwhealming odds. I wish you and your people good luck and pray that we can weather coming storm.

sincerly,
Haakon Magnusson,
King of Norway[/quote]

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

***Classified***
With the declaration of war, the Commonwealth was moved into immediate DEFCON 1. All positions were manned and anyone caught off-duty would quickly be "taught" by Overwatch Officers. Since PRA involvement was unlikely at best, a focus was placed on a naval assault instead of an overland invasion. Naval and AA guns were put on high alert as Ghost Division and engineers prepared the coastline with tank traps, land mines and booby traps of all kinds. Men began pulling out of Kano and Niger to secure Sarnunga from an invasion, still being rebuilt from the civil war. If Akdeniz wanted to take the Commonwealth, they would have to fight the very people in order to secure it, with conscription soldiers being taught militia and guerrilla tactics in every city.

[u][b]Classified[/b][/u]

With these measures: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102544&view=findpost&p=2825638"]Link[/url], the West African Republic was at a full war footing. The territorial airspace and waters had been closed to all civilian traffic to prevent any infiltration by sea or air, plus to prevent any hostile aircraft or vessels attempting to enter through deception.

With the Republic of Akdeniz attacking the Commonwealth of Africa, the West African Military issued a new order:

[quote]

[b]West African Military High Command Communique to West African Air Force and West African Navy[/b]

The West African Air Force and West African Navy is to immediately extend the area of Operation Longbow to match the new developments.

[u]Standing Orders[/u]

The western areas of the patrolling zone south of the Commonwealth of Africa coast is to be extended to one thousand two hundred miles with immediate effect. All previous orders are to remain in effect.

Republic of Akdeniz aircraft or vessels are now legitimate targets and are to be attacked if they penetrate the new patrol area.
[/quote]

This order however still meant that until an opportunity arose, this front of the war would remain quiet.

[b]Public[/b]

Although yet to be a participant in the conflagration that was quickly escalating across the globe, Greater Rhodesia had a large stake in what could possibly be the outcome of this engagement. The South African nation had suffered through what would be described as a small, but vicious insurgency with the militant wing of the South African Socialist Party, the South African Liberation Front, which had threatened the stability of the districts in northern Bostwana and Northeastern Namibia. The insurgency had shaken the political leadership of Greater Rhodesia to its core, inducing the country to strengthen its multiethnic leadership, and to ensure that such a spate of violence never occurred again.

Since the insurgency, although it had induced changes in the political leadership, the country had embarked on a series of economic and infrastructure projects that had brought the country forward into the twenty-first century. High-speed rail networks, improvements to the electrical grid, as well as communications grids, had accelerated the country's development. Harnessing local deposits of raw materials, including significant amounts of gold and diamonds, whose extraction was watched over by the country itself, the country had been able to make significant improvements across all aspects of a modern economy. Manufacturing had blossomed, backed by government tax breaks that gave temporary relief to allow for corporations to expand their facilities, increase wages, before these breaks came to an end. Domestic production orders and contracts helped boost manufacturing, as the company invested in a steady-growing military force, which was brought out of the mid-twentieth century with modern weaponry, aircraft, vehicles, and ships.

Of course, Greater Rhodesia's economic progress and development was at stake in this conflict, with countries marching to war, global markets watched with baited breath, and the economy could easily lose its progress with the decrease in trade which could occur. The South Atlantic, and particularly the countries bordering the Indian Ocean were all destinations for Rhodesia's wares. With the juggernaut which had opened against Oceania, the military leadership was not the only group watching the quickly-destabilizing situation. Both economic and political leaders were watching the United Federation of the East easily overcome Sumatra before setting its sights on the Australian state.

Greater Rhodesia had also watched as fellow African Nations become active with movements of their own, the chess board was being set, and the storm clouds could be soon rolling over the African continent. It was the strike in the Mediterranean that had officially brought the war to Africa, the Commonwealth of Africa and Republic of Akdeniz had traded blows. This move had yet to be countered by any other large nation yet, of course, privately, the sending of lone warships into potentially unfriendly waters was certainly dangerous, and the Commonwealth of Africa's sailors paid the ultimate price for this oversight. The entire beginning of hostilities on Africa was a murky affair, and no other nations, especially larger ones, had come to the aid of the Commonwealth of Africa yet.

With the increased military activity in Northern and Western Africa, Greater Rhodesia would publicly acknowledge its intentions in a government press release only a few hours after the coming of war to the continent...

[center][size="6"][b]Official Statement from Greater Rhodesia[/b][/size]

[IMG]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/VictorDeltaRomeo/200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Rhodesiasvg.png[/IMG][/center]

"With the opening of hostilities on the African Continent, and the overall global geopolitical situation, we express that Greater Rhodesia deplores the sudden outbreak of hostilities on the African Continent. Given the situation that is developing in the Indian Ocean and Oceania, and Africa, as well as Europe, Greater Rhodesia announces it is hereby closing its Exclusive Economic Zone to any military shipping traffic from any nations currently engaged in this conflict. This is for the safety of our nation on the whole, and we will not tolerate any breaches of this statement.

Greater Rhodesia also extends this closure to include aircraft over the same region. These closures will remain in effect until these hostilities are concluded, and will be strictly enforced by units of the Rhodesian Defense Force, which will be acting against breaches of this statement in a matter of self-defense. Aircraft and ships that do not adhere to these restrictions, and do not comply with them, will be destroyed or detained on a case-by-case basis."

[i]Peter van Sloot
Rhodesian Foreign Minister[/i]

---

[b]Classified[/b]

Upon issuing the statement, the Rhodesian Defense Force began the process of instituting naval and air patrols over the nation's exclusive economic zone, as well as the already existing territorial waters and national airspace. Full combat air patrols were instituted, as well as airborne warning and control and refueling flights. The Rhodesian Naval Defense Force was put to sea, with almost its entire complement of ships departing from its various bases along the Namib Coastline, to ensure the imposition of the public decree was upheld. Relying on the domestically-built and improved RF-22C Raptor, the Rhodesian Air Defense Force, as well as the Rhodesian Naval Defense Force's Fleet Air Arm would be a hefty foe to be dealt with.

At a closed-door session of the Rhodesian Parliament, the legislative body approved a general mobilization "in response to a growing and unsettling global conflict", as well as approving the institution of conscription. The imposition of conscription was to be undertaken within the next week, and the Rhodesian Defense Force was tasked with the construction and implementation of auxiliary training centers, which would be required to train what would become a burgeoning military force. Although there was mandatory service requirements for Greater Rhodesia, the standing military was less than five hundred thousand members as combat effectives. Recalling individuals to service would require they be retrained, albeit in a shorter time span, thus the auxiliary training program was activated, and the Rhodesian Defense Force put out an urgent contract to its manufacturers to increase their equipment production.

Along the Namib Coastline, defensive measures were quickly being implemented, with the stationing of mobile radar units and the standby activation of auxiliary fixed radar sites. The Rhodesian Ground Defense Force, working in tandem with its airborne counterpart, would begin the systematic charting of an anti-air defense network out of fixed and mobile surface-to-air missile systems, as well as anti-aircraft artillery. Radar sites were supplemented with EVR thermal-imaging high-resolution cameras, as well as airborne radar units, the latter easily camouflaged.

Responsible for the defense of the Namibian Coastline would be the Second, Third, and Sixth Divisions, strung out along the coastline in battalion bivouacs, able to mutually support one another should an amphibious attack develop. The Fourth Division was set in mobile reserve, to provide a quick reaction force should a major invasion develop. Of course, such an invasion force would have to contend with Rhodesia's fleet before it could launch such an attack. The country was quickly mobilizing for war, as extra production lines at Denel and Thales South Africa began to run, backed by a self-sufficient economy that was quickly gearing for a conflict that was quickly spreading across the globe...

Edited by TheShammySocialist