The NukeKastel Fund

Arrnea

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1318178554' post='2821541']
Publicly encouraging nuclear warfare against an alliance of Blood 4 Friends, and providing a bounty for anyone who follows through. Now, I may be new to this whole "External Affairs" thing, but I'm pretty sure that's a valid CB, and not a bad one at that. You may want to reconsider the OP's "not a joke" status.
[/quote]
If one good thing comes out of this silly, silly topic, it'll be a declaration of war.

Go for it. No-one likes animes anyway. :bias:

:ehm:

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1318179177' post='2821544']
If one good thing comes out of this silly, silly topic, it'll be a declaration of war.

Go for it. No-one likes animes anyway. :bias:

:ehm:
[/quote]

preparing to leak target lists as we speak, jk

Oh yes, and as for "This fund is not endorsed by the SOS Brigade as a whole", I call that complete garbage, as the first two names are two government members of SOS Brigade (MoFA and Leader, respectively), in addition to the other 3 SOS Brigade members of the list (nearly 25% of the membership, and probably well over half of the 'active' membership. This was no doubt spearheaded by the leadership of SOS Brigade, and supported by its members. I, personally, hold SOS Brigade as fully responsible.

Even if nobody in SOS Brigade supported the idea outside of the 5 named, the fact that SOS Brigade instated Arrnea as leader means they support her (his?) decisions. Its all part of the responsibility of being a government member. You want to pull stunts like this without your memberbase having to burn as a result? [b]Step down first.[/b]

For the members of other alliances, its a shame to see them, but none are listed as government members on the wiki, so I won't worry about them. The odds of any of those alliances expelling said members over this is slim to none (though if they did, I would not mind letting FEAR's troops have target practice), and its really not worth creating an international incident over a few random members of miscellaneous alliances.

Edited by thedon125

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318173575' post='2821491']
albeit only to attempt to get the Chief's spot back by any means necessary
[/quote]
What'd I tell you? Why haven't you learned to listen to me after all this time?

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1318175872' post='2821512']
You managed to turn away one of the few friends both in and out of this thing you had left and hardcore loyal at that.
[/quote]
He's good at that. I wouldn't really put you in the loyal category after you scapegoated him to rise to the top.

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1318178554' post='2821541']Publicly encouraging nuclear warfare against an alliance of Blood 4 Friends, and providing a bounty for anyone who follows through. Now, I may be new to this whole "External Affairs" thing, but I'm pretty sure that's a valid CB, and not a bad one at that. You may want to reconsider the OP's "not a joke" status.[/quote][quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1318180325' post='2821562']Oh yes, and as for "This fund is not endorsed by the SOS Brigade as a whole", I call that complete garbage, as the first two names are two government members of SOS Brigade (MoFA and Leader, respectively), in addition to the other 3 SOS Brigade members of the list (nearly 25% of the membership, and probably well over half of the 'active' membership. This was no doubt spearheaded by the leadership of SOS Brigade, and supported by its members. I, personally, hold SOS Brigade as fully responsible.

Even if nobody in SOS Brigade supported the idea outside of the 5 named, the fact that SOS Brigade instated Arrnea as leader means they support her (his?) decisions. Its all part of the responsibility of being a government member. You want to pull stunts like this without your memberbase having to burn as a result? [b]Step down first.[/b]

For the members of other alliances, its a shame to see them, but none are listed as government members on the wiki, so I won't worry about them. The odds of any of those alliances expelling said members over this is slim to none (though if they did, I would not mind letting FEAR's troops have target practice), and its really not worth creating an international incident over a few random members of miscellaneous alliances.
[/quote]
I understand you have a bit of blue balls, but this really isn't the hill to make a stand on; it's impotent and childish, just let it pass. Should someone actually be influenced to do so by this topic you might have a point though.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1318183213' post='2821579']
I understand you have a bit of blue balls, but this really isn't the hill to make a stand on; it's impotent and childish, just let it pass. Should someone actually be influenced to do so by this topic you might have a point though.
[/quote]
We don't get too many hills over in BFF, and I don't mind the hill-standing practice. Get the process down now for the "impotent and childish" issues so that I can handle the somewhat less "impotent and childish" issues that make up the rest of CN politics.

Edited by thedon125

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1318180325' post='2821562']Oh yes, and as for "This fund is not endorsed by the SOS Brigade as a whole", I call that complete garbage, as the first two names are two government members of SOS Brigade (MoFA and Leader, respectively), in addition to the other 3 SOS Brigade members of the list (nearly 25% of the membership, and probably well over half of the 'active' membership. This was no doubt spearheaded by the leadership of SOS Brigade, and supported by its members. I, personally, hold SOS Brigade as fully responsible.

For the members of other alliances, its a shame to see them, but none are listed as government members on the wiki, so I won't worry about them. The odds of any of those alliances expelling said members over this is slim to none (though if they did, I would not mind letting FEAR's troops have target practice), and its really not worth creating an international incident over a few random members of miscellaneous alliances.[/quote]
I had the impression that this, being posted in an OOC forum, was more an initiative among players - "not a joke" meaning that the plan is real, but "in good sport" meaning that it's intended to run its course at players-level only, with fun for everyone involved - thus I am not sure that it has to necessarily bear consequences on IC relationships among alliances.

Granted, it's difficult to keep things confined in the OOC realm when the real action has to go on in the IC field (the nuking of a nation), which makes this initiative interesting (from an observer's point of view), and maybe a bit imprudent too.

[i](BTW: I am following it with curiosity and that's why I post about it - not to mention that I have a raging fever and thus I have a lot of free time at my hands, but at the same time it's [/i]really[i] better that I don't try to do alliance stuff in these conditions - thus I am stuck with the OWF to keep me entertained... :D )[/i]

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1318184576' post='2821595']
I had the impression that this, being posted in an OOC forum, was more an initiative among players - "not a joke" meaning that the plan is real, but "in good sport" meaning that it's intended to run its course at players-level only, with fun for everyone involved
[/quote]
Having spoken with Bernkastel, I can say with a fair amount of certainty Bern did not seriously support this idea, and thought it was a joke. Then this thread happened, and as Arrnea pointed out, this "is not a joke". I won't logdump, but lets just say I believe he is not thrilled with the voting pool, and likely won't take it "in good sport".

Edited by thedon125

Oh my, what a discussion.

Well, I'm just contributing because I'm a tech seller who doesn't pay much for the tech and who would like to see Bern nuked for nothing but pure Schadenfreude. I'd put up the same amount if any other (ex-)member of SOS (including myself) would be the target. Double the amount for any Brigade Chief (Does this mean sixfold for Arrnea and his three terms?).

Therefor, I put another 50 tech up.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1318187044' post='2821616']
Nope. Are you interested? Do you wish to pledge more to the fund?
[/quote]

Sure, I'll put in an additional 500t.

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1318188144' post='2821626']
I'll just echo this once more; An attack on [b]Bernkastel[/b] is an attack on [b]Europa[/b].
[/quote]
Considering this was originally (and I think still) thought to be for the first nation of Tetris et al. if Europa joins the war effort, a war with Europa is no deterrent anymore.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1318173992' post='2821496']
Wasn't Bernkastel in Invicta about ten days ago? (I'm going by his aid screen.)
[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1318173992' post='2821496']
Did he move to SOS, achieve leadership, get couped, leave and be targeted with this [i]in just about a week[/i]? :blink:
[/quote]
No comment on the specifics of events as described. But the timeframe is reasonably accurate.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1318175254' post='2821509']
I think a [b]ZI Arrnea[/b] fund would garner 10x what is at stake here and it would be just so much more fun and exciting.
[/quote]
You might be right there.

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1318178554' post='2821541']
Publicly encouraging nuclear warfare against an alliance of Blood 4 Friends, and providing a bounty for anyone who follows through. Now, I may be new to this whole "External Affairs" thing, but I'm pretty sure that's a valid CB, and not a bad one at that. You may want to reconsider the OP's "not a joke" status.
[/quote]
Man, you try to give somebody an out... Can't say I blame you here.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1318183213' post='2821579']
[/quote]
You have greatly mischaracterized FEAR's position, although I understand your concern.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1318190369' post='2821651']
You seem worried.
[/quote]
Go on, hit Europa. Pleeeease.

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1318118815' post='2821155']
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai3vFenHf3LgdG9hYzYtYXFWeTZZUTFRZXVaVl9laXc&hl=en_US]I've got your target list right here.[/url]
[/quote]
That's actually really amusing and so is the OP of this thread!

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1318191206' post='2821658']
Do you know what an attack on Europa is?
[/quote]
No one has the sack to deal with one of the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105173"]greatest military minds[/url] this game has ever seen.